PDA

View Full Version : cvh tattoo

DLRdelight!
03-18-2007, 04:17 AM
im thinking of getting the cvh logo on my wrist. just wonderin if i should go with the flat design or the 3dish one??

MERRYKISSMASS2U
03-18-2007, 04:27 AM
Don't get a tattoo in the first place. You're 19. When you're 49, it will DEFINITELY look like shit.

PlexiBrown
03-18-2007, 05:07 AM
im thinking of getting the cvh logo on my wrist. just wonderin if i should go with the flat design or the 3dish one??

Don't do it. You will regret it when you are older.

Antman
03-18-2007, 08:08 AM
Trust us, you will regret it. As popular as they are, ther are still pre-conceived notions of people with tattoos and visible ones will hamper job opportunities.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
03-18-2007, 09:01 AM
I mean, I often get really heavy into a band for a short period of time.

Almost how I get into Alice in Chains once in a while heavily.... but I'm not going to get a Layne Staley tat because I know that next month I'll be back to praising Dave Mustaine.

:D

Take 'Em
03-18-2007, 11:00 AM
If you are gonna get one, I would go for the 3d option right in the middle of your forehead. CVH "say it loud, say it proud!!":D

DLRdelight!
03-19-2007, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Takeem5
If you are gonna get one, I would go for the 3d option right in the middle of your forehead. CVH "say it loud, say it proud!!":D

hahaha no thanks. but yeah i know you guys got good reasons for saying all that, but fact that the matter is i already got two tattoos. one on my arm and the other on my left wrist. job wise is not a problem because im runnin on my own carreer and workin on building a business in it. i know i might get bashed on this but i have a foo fighter logo on my left wrist. reason being they got me through heavy shit that has happened in my life. i know i know im only 19 so what problems could i have faced. just figured right hand is my tapping hand and what better inspiration to get than while tapping seeing that vh logo

VanHalener
03-19-2007, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by DLRdelight!
...right hand is my tapping hand and what better inspiration to get than while tapping seeing that vh logo
:lol:
Yeah right your tapping hand. Leave us out of your sex life, man! ;)

My tat has 12 years on it now and could use a little touch up.

DLRdelight!
03-19-2007, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by vanhalener
:lol:
Yeah right your tapping hand. Leave us out of your sex life, man! ;)

My tat has 12 years on it now and could use a little touch up.

you know i mean for guitar fool

VanHalener
03-19-2007, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by PlexiBrown
Don't do it. You will regret it when you are older.

What regret?

VanHalener
03-19-2007, 02:27 AM
you know i mean for guitar fool

I know. That was supposed to be funny. I guess it's getting late.

DLRdelight!
03-19-2007, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by vanhalener
I know. That was supposed to be funny. I guess it's getting late.

it was funny man just saying. i dont take things up the ass like spammy man. but what tattoo did you get 12 tears ago??

VanHalener
03-19-2007, 02:33 AM
Navajo artist's version of a wolfpaw while in the army to honor my pack.
I have thought of getting it reinked due to some fading.

DLRdelight!
03-19-2007, 02:35 AM
hmm ill have to look that up, but you should man why not?

VanHalener
03-19-2007, 02:39 AM
hmm ill have to look that up, but you should man why not?

The artist is a Jewler in Virginia. Special Forces retiree who opened a Navajo store in Fairfax years ago and made some things for my father, brothers and me.(Silver Pheonix) Store moved, but I think he's around somewhere.

SparkieD
03-19-2007, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
Don't get a tattoo in the first place. You're 19. When you're 49, it will DEFINITELY look like shit.

As long as you hire a good artist and take care of your ink, it'll look great for ages. A touch-up might be in order later, but that shouldn't be any big deal. And think really hard about it. Do you really want to be a living 24/7 ad for a band? When I was younger, I wanted a tattoo of the Iron Maiden logo. I am so glad I never did that shit. I don't love Maiden any less. I just don't want somebody else's trademark stamped on my body for all eternity. I got a mermaid that looks like me instead. She wears a band-aid when I go to the waterpark if you get my drift;)

DLRdelight!
03-19-2007, 03:10 PM
well in couple months i might get it, if not something else i shall find

VanHalener
03-19-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by SparkieD
. I got a mermaid that looks like me instead. She wears a band-aid when I go to the waterpark if you get my drift;)

:bananna: :killer: :lookie: :rockit2:
Wahoooooo SparkieD!

DLRdelight just make sure what you get is what you REALLY want, bro. What YOU want for a long ass time. Sure lasers can get most or all of a tat off, but why get one if it does not mean enough to you to keep it till the grave.
You have tats already so I've said more than enough.

Tun that shit back up!
ROTH ON!

Ally_Kat
03-19-2007, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Antman
Trust us, you will regret it. As popular as they are, ther are still pre-conceived notions of people with tattoos and visible ones will hamper job opportunities.

I know people with face tattoos who work in Midtown offices. They have this special makeup that covers up the tat. You can't even tell, or at least how my buddy does it you can't.

Tiki-Tom
03-20-2007, 03:53 AM
I have a few (half sleeve and couple others) but I would not do the logo or even band portrait thing. As far as on your hand or other places you can't cover, here's a thought.......

To quote Brian Setzer (another Guitar Wiz), When does one say, "Enough is enough"?

"my dad, because he had some tattoos -- he said, "Never put anything where a judge can see it. If you have to go before a judge and he sees tattoos on your neck or your hands, you don't stand a chance." So I go by those words."

Anyhow, dude. If you get it be sure whoever does it makes it look first class. After all, we are talkin' CVH.
Also, make it original. Maybe incorporate the logo into another design that's more personal. Just as an example, in my case, I have a Tiki tattoo, It reflects my personality. If I were to get something like you want I would design my tat where the VH logo was carved into the wood of the tiki. That way it wont look like a bland old logo stamped on you like a ton of other people likely have. If you must get that logo, have fun with it and make it your own
Just some food for thought.
Take care dude.:D

DLRdelight!
03-21-2007, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Tiki-Tom
I have a few (half sleeve and couple others) but I would not do the logo or even band portrait thing. As far as on your hand or other places you can't cover, here's a thought.......

To quote Brian Setzer (another Guitar Wiz), When does one say, "Enough is enough"?

"my dad, because he had some tattoos -- he said, "Never put anything where a judge can see it. If you have to go before a judge and he sees tattoos on your neck or your hands, you don't stand a chance." So I go by those words."

Anyhow, dude. If you get it be sure whoever does it makes it look first class. After all, we are talkin' CVH.
Also, make it original. Maybe incorporate the logo into another design that's more personal. Just as an example, in my case, I have a Tiki tattoo, It reflects my personality. If I were to get something like you want I would design my tat where the VH logo was carved into the wood of the tiki. That way it wont look like a bland old logo stamped on you like a ton of other people likely have. If you must get that logo, have fun with it and make it your own
Just some food for thought.
Take care dude.:D

thanks for the advice

franksters
03-21-2007, 05:54 PM
I would never tattoo a name of a band or anybody else on my skin for no reason, not even if they were to pay me the rest of my life, buy yourself a jean jacket for that!

I mean if you were in the band maybe... If it was your band than I think it's ok and cool, but besides that it just look like an identity crisis...

to a certain point ''it remove from your own identity as a unique personna'' I don't know if that sentence makes sense but what the hell!

DLRdelight!
03-22-2007, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by franksters
I would never tattoo a name of a band or anybody else on my skin for no reason, not even if they were to pay me the rest of my life, buy yourself a jean jacket for that!

I mean if you were in the band maybe... If it was your band than I think it's ok and cool, but besides that it just look like an identity crisis...

to a certain point ''it remove from your own identity as a unique personna'' I don't know if that sentence makes sense but what the hell!

it made sense dont worry. and about identity crisis not my situation. i already got another band logo on me by the way. music just gets me through life as i am sure it helps you so why not ink really important bands???

DLRdelight!
03-22-2007, 02:29 AM
oh and im pretty sure the vh logo would be the last band tattoo i would get

Prothro
03-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Through the years I have thought of getting different tatts but never did. Part of the reason is "Judas Priest". I used to know a guy with the Judas Priest logo tatt. I mean we all know what happened with Rob Halford. Now my friend has a tatt that embarasses him. Also the reason I never got a band logo tatt is , what if you got a chance to meet the band and they turned out to be jerks to you. One of my favorite quotes about tatts is by Dave Mustaine , when asked on Headbangers Ball why he dosen't have any tatts he said "Well you don't put a bumper sticker on a Rolls Royce do you ?".

DLRdelight!
03-22-2007, 03:20 PM
ha good answer by dave mustaine. and you have a really good point.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
03-22-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by SparkieD
As long as you hire a good artist and take care of your ink, it'll look great for ages. A touch-up might be in order later, but that shouldn't be any big deal. And think really hard about it. Do you really want to be a living 24/7 ad for a band? When I was younger, I wanted a tattoo of the Iron Maiden logo. I am so glad I never did that shit. I don't love Maiden any less. I just don't want somebody else's trademark stamped on my body for all eternity. I got a mermaid that looks like me instead. She wears a band-aid when I go to the waterpark if you get my drift;)

Skin wrinkles.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
03-22-2007, 03:31 PM
ha good answer by dave mustaine. and you have a really good point.

Who is this Dave Mustaine you speak of?

blonddgirl777
03-22-2007, 05:43 PM

Just the fact that you're asking the question means that you're still hesitating...
I say DON'T do anything permanent, 'til you're absolutely sure!

You'll know it, when you're ready...

SparkieD
03-22-2007, 10:54 PM
Skin wrinkles.

As for me, my skin hasn't started to wrinkle yet. I'm one vain sob so when it does, I will fight that shit tooth and nail. Besides, all my tattoos are on my back. By the time my back gets wrinkles I'll be too old to give a shit.

Tattoos of names and likenesses are kinda creepy to me. I'm afraid they can jinx things. Kind of like a guy with his ex's name across his shoulder. He thought he'd be with her forever, and in a strange way, he is. Tiki wanted a tattoo of my mermaid with legs and a hula skirt, but I had to put my foot down. Now he feels the same way.

Somebody must've recently gotten a CVH tattoo:mad:

DLRdelight!
03-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Who is this Dave Mustaine you speak of?

it was on a post made by prothro

DLRdelight!
03-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
Just the fact that you're asking the question means that you're still hesitating...
I say DON'T do anything permanent, 'til you're absolutely sure!

You'll know it, when you're ready...

im not hesitating i just aint in no rush to get it and wondering what design would be better

DLRdelight!
03-23-2007, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by chan_bkny
Agree. And also, what if the band starts to suck?

you think cvh will ever suck???

DLRdelight!
03-24-2007, 11:24 PM
i guess i did

MERRYKISSMASS2U
03-25-2007, 12:00 AM
it was on a post made by prothro

I was joking...... LOL. Why would a Megadeth fanatic ask "Who is Dave Mustaine"?

DLRdelight!
03-25-2007, 12:02 AM
I was joking...... LOL. Why would a Megadeth fanatic ask "Who is Dave Mustaine"?

how would i know

MERRYKISSMASS2U
03-25-2007, 12:42 AM
how would i know

You wouldn't. It completely went over your head.

DLRdelight!
03-25-2007, 02:46 AM
yes it did

MERRYKISSMASS2U
03-25-2007, 11:02 AM
yes it did

That's certainly not a thing most people would quickly.... admit. :rolleyes:

DLRdelight!
03-26-2007, 02:17 AM
im not most people

DLRdelight!
03-26-2007, 02:18 AM
anyways im probably not going to get the tatt until my gf finds something she wants to get, but eventually i will