PDA

View Full Version : How you vote....

Ellyllions
03-21-2007, 07:42 AM
I've just gotta say this as the more people I talk to the more worried I become. Now, I'm not gonna go off on some tangent arguing the left vs. the right so if this thread comes to that, ya'll are on your own. (not like my threads do well here or anything...:) )

But I'm hearing more and more people say already that they want Hillary Clinton to win the election in '08 BECAUSE they want Bill back in office.

That to me is just irresponsible and ignorant thinking. This woman is not the type of person who will just lay down her own and work for Bill's agenda. She's strong willed and will take the office as her own. Bill will not be the ruling force of this country ever again. If Hillary gets elected, SHE will do what she wants to do, and not turn around to do Bill's bidding.

It's worrysome to hear this kind of thought processes so early in the race because it leads me to believe what all the Democrats were yelling about when Bush won for a second term. People are stupid. And I'm hearing this from folks that I have considered to be intelligent.

If we really want to turn things around in this country as far as the President is concerned...we need to make sure we look at these candidates with open eyes as individuals.

*Disclaimer: I've made it clear that Hillary is not my first choice, but I'm not posting this as a ploy to desuade anyone from voting for her. This post is strictly common sense and a plea to people to NOT look at Hillary as Bill's puppet. Because she's NOT.

Warham
03-21-2007, 08:13 AM
Honestly, the only way I think Hillary can win is if she has the Clinton War RoomŪ totally destroy the opposing candidate, like they are trying to do to Obama right now, with weak results (see Bill's comments on Obama and the Iraq War). He's not really gaining on Hillary in the polls, she's dropping like a rock.

No matter what people say, I don't think a sufficient number of Americans will vote for a woman in times like these.

The Republican candidates have their own problems as well, but that's for another thread.

scamper
03-21-2007, 09:07 AM
Wasn't Hillary already President once?

Steve Savicki
03-21-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by scamper
Wasn't Hillary already President once?
Depends on how you look at it.

FORD
03-21-2007, 01:05 PM
I've never voted for a male Presidential candidate because of his wife, so I certainly wouldn't vote for a female candidate because of her husband.

As far as Hillary goes, she's now running from a position considerably farther to the right than Bill ever was, and I consider Bill to be the best Republican President of our lifetime.

I'll never vote for Hillary, and if there were no 22nd amendment, I doubt I'd vote for Bill a third time either (unless the only other option was a third term of Chimpy).

Clinton was a good President in most ways, but he had serious flaws. And I'm not talking about the shit that the right wing was obsessed with.

No, I'm talking about his endorsement of Poppy's NAFTA, his signing of the 1996 Telecommunications Act, which enabled the creation of FAUX Noise and Fear Channel (and other corporate radio conglomerates), and his last minute pardon of Israeli spy Marc Rich, when he could have just as easily freed an innocent man named Leonard Peltier from prison.

There's no way that Bill Clinton could fix the economic mess Chimpy has created in just 4 years, so there's no reason to put him back in the White House, officially or otherwise.

studly hungwell
03-21-2007, 05:46 PM
If the Dems have a chance of winning the white house it has to be a Governor.....if recent history has taught us anything. Who do we have now? Hillary, of course, a senator....Obama, a senator.....John Edwards, nice hair....and, Bill Richardson, governor. Americans elect Governors, VP's and sitting Presidents to the white house.....not Senators. But, nice hair is a new one.....will have to wait and see.

Nitro Express
03-21-2007, 07:23 PM
Watch Hillary win and watch Bill get caught banging the White House interns again.

FORD
03-21-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by studly hungwell
If the Dems have a chance of winning the white house it has to be a Governor.....if recent history has taught us anything. Who do we have now? Hillary, of course, a senator....Obama, a senator.....John Edwards, nice hair....and, Bill Richardson, governor. Americans elect Governors, VP's and sitting Presidents to the white house.....not Senators. But, nice hair is a new one.....will have to wait and see.

That's an excellent point. Actually, for BOTH parties, a governor or a vice president is their best bet, given the historical reality of the last 40 years beginning with the 68 election. In fact, the majority of the nominees on both sides of the ticket have been either governors or veeps. plus a few losing senators on both sides.

I'm not a big fan of Richardson though, which makes me nervous, since he's (statistically) got the best shot of winning right now. Richardson is another DLC'er who appears frequently on FAUX News and agrees far too much with them.

Yet another reason for Al Gore to get back in this race. Nobody could compete with his experience.

Nickdfresh
03-21-2007, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Watch Hillary win and watch Bill get caught banging the White House interns again.

http://www.news.cornell.edu/Chronicle/04/6.10.04/Clinton-thumbsup.jpg

BigBadBrian
03-22-2007, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by FORD

Yet another reason for Al Gore to get back in this race. Nobody could compete with his experience.

Yeah, he's an expert at losing.

:cool:

hideyoursheep
03-22-2007, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Yeah, he's an expert at losing.

I wouldn't vote for him, but he DID beat your fucking guy in 2000....

Ever since, your guy has beaten himself with his own patented brand of ignorance....

I would like to see Hagle move ahead of the pack...Nader got more pub than him.

scamper
03-22-2007, 09:14 AM

Except that he's F*&k'n crazy....

FORD
03-22-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by scamper
Except that he's F*&k'n crazy....

How so?

If I say Chimp is crazy, there's 7 years of failed policies to prove it, and a lifetime of failure before that.

What would lead you to say Gore is "crazy"?

scamper
03-22-2007, 01:59 PM
How so?

If I say Chimp is crazy, there's 7 years of failed policies to prove it, and a lifetime of failure before that.

What would lead you to say Gore is "crazy"?

Bush is crazy and stupid a smooth 50/50 there. Gore is intelligent but crazy with greenhouse taxes and things like that.

Ellyllions
03-22-2007, 02:16 PM
Gore is a celebrity now...he no longer needs the pomp and circumstance of the office of President.

FORD
03-22-2007, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Ellyllions
Gore is a celebrity now...he no longer needs the pomp and circumstance of the office of President.

The office of President needs HIM. Desperately. :(

Warham
03-22-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by hideyoursheep
I wouldn't vote for him, but he DID beat your fucking guy in 2000....

If Gore beat Bush, then why wasn't he the 43rd president?

Who did you vote for in 2000?

FORD
03-22-2007, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Warham
If Gore beat Bush, then why wasn't he the 43rd president?

5 reasons.

Rehnquist (BCE appointee - 1972)

O'Connor (BCE appointee - 1981)

Scalia (BCE appointee - 1986)

Kennedy (BCE appointee - 1988)

Thomas (BCE appointee - 1991)

BigBadBrian
03-22-2007, 05:33 PM
5 reasons.

Rehnquist (BCE appointee - 1972)

O'Connor (BCE appointee - 1981)

Scalia (BCE appointee - 1986)

Kennedy (BCE appointee - 1988)

Thomas (BCE appointee - 1991)

:cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

Warham
03-22-2007, 06:08 PM
Let the whining commence!

Nickdfresh
03-22-2007, 06:11 PM
Yup! the Dummy COns have been own3d...:)

Warham
03-22-2007, 06:13 PM
Please!

When was the last time a Democrat had over 50% of the popular vote in a national election?

The stone ages?

Nickdfresh
03-22-2007, 06:16 PM
Please!

When was the last time a Democrat had over 50% of the popular vote in a national election?

The stone ages?

Oh, look at the dummy con semantics now?

Over 50%? Who gives a fuck!?

They had more of it in 2000...

Here's a more meaningful statistic --when was the last time your pResident had above a 35% approval rating?

FORD
03-22-2007, 06:16 PM
Please!

The stone ages?

2000 and 2004.

If you go by the REAL numbers.

Warham
03-22-2007, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Oh, look at the dummy con semantics now?

Over 50%? Who gives a fuck!?

They had more of it in 2000...

Here's a more meaningful statistic --when was the last time your pResident had above a 35% approval rating?

Temper getting the best of you?

He had more of it in 2000, and he lost! LOST! Democrats really haven't gotten over it, and it's the first reason they hate Bush.

If Kerry would have won Ohio in 2004, they would have had no problem with him winning the presidency by way of the electoral college. If it's in their favor, it's fine, if not....WAHHHH!

35%? Wasn't that Truman's approval rating when he left office?

Nickdfresh
03-22-2007, 06:29 PM
Temper getting the best of you?

He had more of it in 2000, and he lost! LOST! Democrats really haven't gotten over it, and it's the first reason they hate Bush.

If Kerry would have won Ohio in 2004, they would have had no problem with him winning the presidency by way of the electoral college. If it's in their favor, it's fine, if not....WAHHHH!

35%? Wasn't that Truman's approval rating when he left office?

Temper? Yeah, I guess I have a short fuse with stupid people that speak of politics as if it were some football league, and reach for any "my daddy-oh can beat up your daddy!" horseyshit...

The plain fact is that the transparent "Republican Revolution" is a desolate failure of lies, corruption and hypocrisy. You had 12 years in Congress, and eight controlling most of the gov't., and what have you mindless "true believers" achieved of consequence?

And Bush hasn't left office yet, it will be below 30%, if he's not forced to resign first...

Warham
03-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Temper? Yeah, I guess I have a short fuse with stupid people that speak of politics as if it were some football league, and reach for any "my daddy-oh can beat up your daddy!" horseyshit...

The plain fact is that the transparent "Republican Revolution" is a desolate failure of lies, corruption and hypocrisy. You had 12 years in Congress, and eight controlling most of the gov't., and what have you mindless "true believers" achieved of consequence?

And Bush hasn't left office yet, it will be below 30%, if he's not forced to resign first...

Hey, if you keep telling yourself that, it might come true when you go to bed tonight.

But then you'll wake up in the morning!

Warham
03-22-2007, 06:34 PM
The Reagan Revolution was a success!!!

FORD
03-22-2007, 06:40 PM
The Reagan "revolution" is a MYTH.

Warham
03-22-2007, 06:43 PM
I think we need a Reagan worship thread in here. :)

BigBadBrian
03-22-2007, 06:52 PM

I'm in.

Nickdfresh
03-22-2007, 07:18 PM

No need to thank me, but I did. (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44086)

Oh, well, you're welcome anyways!:cool:

Warham
03-22-2007, 07:31 PM
That might be the best article you've ever posted here.

Good work! It's too bad I missed it the first time.

Jesus Christ
03-22-2007, 09:02 PM

Thou shalt not hath any false gods before Me :mad:

studly hungwell
03-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ
Thou shalt not hath any false gods before Me :mad:

Dude....I love you on South Park.