PDA

View Full Version : The Scott Weiland Chronicles

Tiki-Tom
03-26-2007, 04:29 PM
SCOTT WEILAND And Wife In Bloody Fight.

Tmz.com (http://) reports that VELVET REVOLVER frontman Scott Weiland and his wife allegedly trashed a Burbank hotel room during a rampage last weekend, and now the hotel is pressing charges against the Weilands for the damage they caused.

Sources tell TMZ.com that Weiland and his wife Mary ripped alarm clocks and phones from their sockets and threw them, made "dents and gauges" in the walls, and that there was even blood found on some of the linens afterward.

The trouble allegedly started when Mary arrived at the hotel Saturday, whereupon the couple got into "a huge argument" witnessed by their two young children, who had to be taken away by Weiland's assistant. Weiland himself then left, leaving behind Mary, who could be heard throwing things in the room, according to TMZ.com. The police were called, and the hotel is pressing charges for the damage caused. There's no word whether either Weiland or his wife were injured in the spat.

Check out pictures of the alleged aftermath of the Weilands' fight at http://www.tmz.com/2007/03/25/scott-weiland-and-wife-trash-hotel-in-bloody-fight/

Weiland pleaded guilty to domestic violence charges against Mary in December 2001 and was sentenced to probation and forced to pay a fine.

Tiki-Tom
03-26-2007, 04:39 PM
Sounds as if Scott W. is tryin' his best to live up to Craxl W.'s "R&R" fuckup image as of late. Big differance is Axlrod still has his talent (from what I've heard) and no kids (that I know of) to screw up. Anybody else care to wager on Scott's time in the celebrity death pool.

I know a lot of you cat's round here like VR but at Scotts rate, you may not have him around to front the band much longer.
Where as STP seemed to keep him somewhat in check, VR is just helpin' him on his way to self destruction. What Very sad waste of life & talent.

jharp84
03-26-2007, 04:42 PM
I'll give em 6 weeks!!

Tiki-Tom
03-26-2007, 04:43 PM
But wait, not to be outdone..................SCOTT WEILAND's Wife Arrested for Torching Wardrobe

The wife of VELVET REVOLVER frontman Scott Weiland was arrested this weekend after cops say she torched the rocker's $10,000 wardrobe in front of the couple's home in Toluca Lake, Ca.

According to police, 31-year-old Mary Weiland was booked for investigation of felony arson vandalism after cops responded to a "female burning clothes" call late Saturday evening.

The couple's two kids, who were home during the incident, were placed in the custody of family friends.

Weiland was booked at a Burbank police station just after midnight Sunday morning and was released after posting $50,000 bail three hours later.

The arrest came only hours after the couple was kicked out of the Graciela Hotel in Burbank following a ferocious argument that left Weiland's room in shambles and blood on the linens, as TMZ.com exclusively reported. The hotel is pressing charges against the Weilands for the damage they caused.

Eyes of the Night
03-26-2007, 04:53 PM
Hmmm ... A 911 call to a "female burning clothes" is hellarious now knowing it was 10,000 bucks up in smoke ... Scott is the shit, just give me the music not the drama it's cool for me ...

jharp84
03-26-2007, 05:00 PM
I'll give two days!!

Tiki-Tom
03-26-2007, 05:04 PM
You're too generous:lol:

SparkieD
03-26-2007, 05:12 PM
His wife was just dumber than shit to begin with. Marry a junkie and spit out babies. Who cares if a couple of fuckups beat the snot outta each other? Bitch probably gave his narrow ass one hell of a beat down. I ain't but a buck-o-five myself and I coulda done it with one fist behind my back.

If she was really smart she would've burned his wardrobe with him in it and thrown the rest of his velvet panties in the inferno.

SparkieD
03-26-2007, 05:13 PM
From the official VR website

March 25th, 2007
Concerning the recent news story:
My wife locked herself in the adjoining room when that damage was done. I want to make it clear that I called security when I heard the glass being broken from next door. Security was unable to enter until she let them in. I sent my children off to a safe place with my assistant (who witnessed all of the events of the evening, until my wife locked herself in the room), and I left the hotel in order to avoid conflict with my wife.

-Scott (lying sack of crap)

ODShowtime
03-26-2007, 08:35 PM
#1. We're at a DLR site. Trashing hotel rooms should be encouraged.

#2 The message above about Scott being a lying sack of crap? Honey that's just your female bias coming out.

Just buy the live STP DVD and realize that Weiland is one of the top front men out there.

That said, you did a nice job with the rush tour scoop, so no hard feelings.

Terry
03-26-2007, 10:03 PM
Am still digging on STP these days, and what Weiland did with them.

Haven't really warmed up to Velvet Revolver, though.

Far as whatever happened between Weiland and his wife, that SHOULD be their business. Guy is kind of a dipshit IMO for posting details on his bands website.

Keep your personal problems to yourself. At the very least, don't apologize to the public for them.

Never complain, never explain.

Trash the room, pay the bill, and get out there and rock and fucking roll, as opposed to making some Entertainment Tonight spectacle about yourself.

SparkieD
03-26-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
#1. We're at a DLR site. Trashing hotel rooms should be encouraged.

#2 The message above about Scott being a lying sack of crap? Honey that's just your female bias coming out.

Just buy the live STP DVD and realize that Weiland is one of the top front men out there.

That said, you did a nice job with the rush tour scoop, so no hard feelings.

#2 Female Bias? No, Honey, I'm an equal opportunity hater. One thing I don't do is stereotype men. Scott's ol' lady's probably a lyin' sack o' crap, too. She just hasn't issued a statement that I know of, so I can't rightfully say so.

I already own that DVD. Love Scott with STP, but he is not the same singer that he was in STP.

Rush tour scoop? Not me, Babe. Tiki's no alias. I'm the Yin and he's my Yang. He and I do both hope you enjoy the show though:D

#1 Did you see the pics of the "trashed" hotel room? Man, that was kid stuff! I can't believe the hotel's gonna sue over that piddly shit. I could give that fucker some lessons in trashing rooms!

And no, no hard feelings right back atchahttp://www.mazeguy.net/romantic/smooch.gif

SparkieD
03-26-2007, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Am still digging on STP these days, and what Weiland did with them.

Haven't really warmed up to Velvet Revolver, though.

Far as whatever happened between Weiland and his wife, that SHOULD be their business. Guy is kind of a dipshit IMO for posting details on his bands website.

Keep your personal problems to yourself. At the very least, don't apologize to the public for them.

Never complain, never explain.

Trash the room, pay the bill, and get out there and rock and fucking roll, as opposed to making some Entertainment Tonight spectacle about yourself.

Word!

Dan
03-26-2007, 11:51 PM
Both need to Stop being a Team off Assholes.

BTW...Great Thread.

Tiki-Tom
03-26-2007, 11:53 PM
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k211/SparkieD/scott.jpg

Scotty say "Cheers!"

bantonelli
03-27-2007, 01:05 AM
Who really cares? Besides the fact that Scott Weiland is a ex-heroin junkie himself and perhaps his wife is his mirror image, he was a complete ass about the VH selection he was willing to play.

Screw Him. (And I'm sure this was Dave's sentiments as well.)

DLRdelight!
03-27-2007, 01:59 AM
fuck that bitch its what he deserves

binnie
03-27-2007, 04:20 AM
Well, I'm not too sure about all of this.

The cynic in me suspects it's another way pf publicising VR's up and coming record.....

No doubt Weiland is a screw up though, great on stage but his lyrics are tired these days...

Tiki-Tom
03-27-2007, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by binnie
The cynic in me suspects it's another way pf publicising VR's up and coming record.....

I think you're pretty much right on that suspicion Binnie.
I'm sure it's not the last we'll be hearin' of Scott's "problems" in the near future.

Cheers
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k211/SparkieD/scott.jpg

binnie
03-27-2007, 07:17 AM
Guns n Roses is probably the only band less likely to have a reunion than CVH!!!

Tiki-Tom
03-27-2007, 09:07 AM
Not an official video but the song kicks ass. Plus, it was when Scott was still on top of his game. He is just a shadow of himself now. Listen to this and then go spin VR, enough said.

Stone Temple Pilots - All in the Suit That You Wear
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R0cXV3_d0QU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R0cXV3_d0QU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

binnie
03-27-2007, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Tiki-Tom
Not an official video but the song kicks ass. Plus, it was when Scott was still on top of his game. He is just a shadow of himself now. Listen to this and then go spin VR, enough said.

Stone Temple Pilots - All in the Suit That You Wear
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R0cXV3_d0QU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R0cXV3_d0QU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

What record is that from?

I don't reciognise it....

Tiki-Tom
03-27-2007, 04:55 PM
It was a previously unreleased track from their "best of" disc
"Thank You".
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B0000CDLBR.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

ODShowtime
03-27-2007, 08:07 PM
It was recorded for the Spiderman soundtrack, but they picked that gay chad kroger song instead.

Pretty Gay.

rustoffa
03-27-2007, 10:18 PM
He almost got hit by a car in L5P one day....years back. Just smacked out of his mind. STP were recording a record here, and he went on speedball hiatus....as the story goes. Why didn't they look for him in L5P? Anyway, there he went, careening into a bunch of x-pensive mountain bikes, after a car went by. I just kept talking to some fucker about his piece-of-shit TRIUMPH. I was explaining to him how he should probably tighten his clutch cable, when a friend ran up and said the dude that almost got hit by a car was the singer for STP....just laughing his AO. Pretty funny, I didn't realize who he was referring to 'til like a month later.

Terry
03-27-2007, 10:50 PM
Well, I'm not too sure about all of this.

No doubt Weiland is a screw up though, great on stage but his lyrics are tired these days...

About 75% of his lyrics I just plain didn't get, even back as far as the STP days...but with STP the music and instrumentation, particularly the guitar, was just as interesting as the lyrics and vocals.

Not so much with VR.

Little Texan
03-28-2007, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by SparkieD
If she was really smart she would've burned his wardrobe with him in it

That would have made him a flaming homo...wait...he already is one of those! My bad...

binnie
03-28-2007, 03:18 AM
It was a previously unreleased track from their "best of" disc
"Thank You".
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B0000CDLBR.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Ahhhh, I didn't buy that as I had all of the records, so "thank you" for the heads up!

Tiki-Tom
03-28-2007, 04:47 AM
Scott Weiland's wife Mary has issued a statement......................
"VELVET REVOLVER's new album, "Libertad", is tentatively scheduled for release on June 5, with a U.S. tour scheduled to begin on May 4 in Hollywood.

Oh, my bad. That part is at the end of statement:rolleyes:

VELVET REVOLVER singer Scott Weiland's wife Mary has issued a statement regarding the reports that she was arrested on Sunday (March 25) after she allegedly set her husband's $10,000 wardrobe on fire outside their home in Toluca Lake, California. Cops responded to a "female burning clothes" call late Saturday evening (March 24) and booked Mary Weiland for suspicion of felony arson vandalism. The couple's two children were placed in the care of family friends. Mary was booked at a Burbank police station and released on $50,000 bail three hours later.

The arrest came less than a day after the Weilands were thrown out of the Graciela Hotel in Burbank after they left a room there in shambles during what was bein described in media reports as a violent argument. The couple allegedly hurled furniture, made "dents and gouges" in the room's walls, and even left bloodstains on some of the linens.

Mary Weiland's statement reads as follows:

"With regards to this past weekend's events, it's important to my husband and I that the reports regarding domestic violence, as well as our children's safety, contain facts and not speculation.

"The weekend's difficulties were brought on by a reaction to an imbalance in medications used to treat my bipolar disorder. Reports that we were fighting at the Graciela Hotel are untrue. Scott was simply trying to help calm me down. I want to make it very clear that he did not hurt me in any way. For lack of a better expression, I was unstable and just 'lost it.'

"Payment for the damages to the Graciela Hotel has already been made. The gracious staff and management have accepted our apologies and welcome us back in the future.

"Most importantly, neither of our children were witness to any of these events and they have been in the care of a family member. Scott and I are very involved in our children's lives on a daily basis and we love them unconditionally. We appreciate all your concerns and how supportive people have been.

"After nearly seven years of marriage I am truly grateful to have a loving husband, drug-free for 3-1/2 years now, who is able to care for me during this challenging time.

"We ask that you refer to this statement for the facts and depend on no other source."

Mary's statement that "neither of our children were witness to any of these events" appears to contradict the version offered by Scott Weiland in a posting on VELVET REVOLVER's web site. Scott wrote about the hotel incident, "My wife locked herself in the adjoining room when that damage was done. I want to make it clear that I called security when I heard the glass being broken from next door. Security was unable to enter until she let them in. I sent my children off to a safe place with my assistant (who witnessed all of the events of the evening, until my wife locked herself in the room), and I left the hotel in order to avoid conflict with my wife."

Scott Weiland previously pleaded guilty to domestic violence charges against Mary in December of 2001. He had to pay a fine and was put on probation.

The couple had also been estranged over Weiland's drug use a few years back, with Mary Weiland reportedly beginning divorce proceedings before the two reconciled. Weiland recently told Launch that he's successfully stayed clean for the last several years. "Last few years have been great. I mean, I don't really feel the necessity to, or the responsibility to — you know, it's been over three and a half years for me, so, I mean, that's all that I feel like I really need to say," he said.

VELVET REVOLVER's new album, "Libertad", is tentatively scheduled for release on June 5, with a U.S. tour scheduled to begin on May 4 in Hollywood.

binnie
03-28-2007, 05:33 AM

VELVET REVOLVER's new album, "Libertad", is tentatively scheduled for release on June 5, with a U.S. tour scheduled to begin on May 4 in Hollywood.

That's the reason al of this is in the news....

I like being proven right!

ODShowtime
03-28-2007, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Little Texan
That would have made him a flaming homo...wait...he already is one of those! My bad...

say what you want, he's bagged more pussy than you ever will!

Roy Munson
03-28-2007, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Terry
About 75% of his lyrics I just plain didn't get, even back as far as the STP days...but with STP the music and instrumentation, particularly the guitar, was just as interesting as the lyrics and vocals.

Not so much with VR.

Dean DeLeo destroys Slash on guitar. I really think Dean is THE unsung guitar hero of this generation. Which is why I love STP and Army of Anyone. I also liked the Talk Show cd from back in the day.

binnie
03-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Is Army of Anyone actually worth checking out?

Is it just watered down STP?

Ellyllions
03-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Thank GOD someone burned his stupid wardrobe.

And no, Scott Weiland is NOT the end-all-be-all of rock front men. I wouldn't cross the street to meet that sack of trash.

And I didn't even know the loser was married!!!

Roy Munson
03-28-2007, 11:10 AM
Is Army of Anyone actually worth checking out?

Is it just watered down STP?

No. The disc is VERY good. It's exactly what you would think it would be...Not as tight and heavy as Filter and not as loose and jangly as STP. It's right in between. Check it out if you can. I think you'd like it.

Roy Munson
03-28-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Ellyllions

And no, Scott Weiland is NOT the end-all-be-all of rock front men. I wouldn't cross the street to meet that sack of trash.

I think this is his second or third marriage.

I don't like Scott in VR. In STP he is a God, though.

binnie
03-28-2007, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Roy Munson
No. The disc is VERY good. It's exactly what you would think it would be...Not as tight and heavy as Filter and not as loose and jangly as STP. It's right in between. Check it out if you can. I think you'd like it.

I will definately put it on my list!

Cheers!

Little Texan
03-28-2007, 04:58 PM

Maybe, but he's probably taken it in the rear from a man or given it in the rear of another man an equal number of times as he's had pussy. I guarantee that if he won't suck a dick, he'll at least hold it in his mouth until the swelling goes down!

Roy Munson
03-28-2007, 05:13 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2007/03/28/weiland-wife-i-was-unstable-and-just-lost-it/

Weiland Wife: "I Was Unstable and Just Lost It."
Posted Mar 28th 2007 11:55AM by TMZ Staff

Mary Weiland, temperamental wife of rock star Scott Weiland, claims her bipolar disorder is mostly to blame for the couple's bloody fight at the Graciela Hotel in Burbank last weekend.

In a statement to TMZ, Weiland says, "The weekend's difficulties were brought on by a reaction to an imbalance in medications used to treat my bipolar disorder... Scott was simply trying to help calm me down. I want to make it very clear that he did not hurt me in any way. For lack of a better expression, I was unstable and just lost it." Well, that clears things up!

Mary goes on to say that the Graciela has been paid for damage to the room. She also states that their children did not witness "any of these events." Mary adds that she has "a loving husband, drug-free for 3-1/2 years now, who is able to care for me during this challenging time."

Ellyllions
03-28-2007, 05:25 PM

No he hasn't.
He's a heroine addict. The dick doesn't work for heroine addicts.

I know, one tried to date me....

Tiki-Tom
03-28-2007, 06:39 PM

Well said Munson. It's a very good disc Binnie, do give it a shot:D

Dean DeLeo destroys Slash on guitar. I really think Dean is THE unsung guitar hero of this generation.

So very true, He has killer chops but also knows the importance of melody in song writing.
plus, I must give his bro some props. Robert is quite skilled himself. Together they make one hell of a talented writing team. If you listen close to his bass sound you can almost hear Jack Bruce in there.

Tiki-Tom
03-28-2007, 06:47 PM
No he hasn't.

I don't know about the guy that tried to go out with you, but Scott's has been effective enough on at least two occasions that we know of. That is, unless the wife went elsewhere for a sperm donation, but we'll leave that news for the next pre-release buzz.

Terry
03-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Dean DeLeo destroys Slash on guitar. I really think Dean is THE unsung guitar hero of this generation. Which is why I love STP and Army of Anyone. I also liked the Talk Show cd from back in the day.

DeLeo came up with a lot of cool stuff, far as STP went.

Haven't heard Army of Anyone.

Was kinda ho-hum about Talk Show, but it was way better than Weiland's solo album from that same period, which was just a mess.

ODShowtime
03-28-2007, 10:34 PM
I really think Dean is THE unsung guitar hero of this generation. Which is why I love STP

I agree . I feel that Deleo is one of the most interesting and exciting guitarists of the last two decades.

His shit is fun as hell to play too. His bro wrote a lot of the riffs though.

ODShowtime
03-28-2007, 10:35 PM

You need to give Purple a spin and recognize.

ODShowtime
03-28-2007, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Little Texan
Maybe, but he's probably taken it in the rear from a man or given it in the rear of another man an equal number of times as he's had pussy. I guarantee that if he won't suck a dick, he'll at least hold it in his mouth until the swelling goes down!

I don't know about that, but you may be right. I won't go on the record saying he's definitely not bi.

Terry
03-28-2007, 10:53 PM
I agree . I feel that Deleo is one of the most interesting and exciting guitarists of the last two decades.

His shit is fun as hell to play too. His bro wrote a lot of the riffs though.

His stuff is so off-beat...a lot of it I can't even figure out by ear...have to cheat and get the tabs...just chords and voicings that I'm not used to...

Tiki-Tom
03-28-2007, 11:04 PM
The man has gone to shit so who knows, Scott just may pound the brown round.
Man, thats a cryin' shame............

binnie
03-29-2007, 03:10 AM

Now there's an entertaining story you're not telling us there Elly!

An story involving heroin and impotence has GOT to be funny!

binnie
03-29-2007, 03:12 AM
Well said Munson. It's a very good disc Binnie, do give it a shot:D

I definately will do!

Ellyllions
03-29-2007, 06:56 AM
Now there's an entertaining story you're not telling us there Elly!

An story involving heroin and impotence has GOT to be funny!

Well, it's not a long story, nor is it a hard one to tell....:D

He asked me out, I said yes, then he came back because ...

Well he said this, "Before we go out, I think there's something you should know about me. I'm a Heroine addict, but I've been clean for 10 years. What you need to know is that I can't have sex because the addiction makes you impotent."

Well, if I wasn't going to cancel the date based on the fact that he felt the need to spew so much personal information so rapidly, I would've only because he was presumtuous enough to think I would immediately jump in the sack with him.

But I went, no harm no foul, and we had a great meal. He was a good friend.

Ellyllions
03-29-2007, 07:05 AM
You need to give Purple a spin and recognize.

I own Core and 12 Gracious Melodies.
Picked them up at a yard sale for $1.00 each.

Vaseline is the ONLY song I can sit through. Dead and Bloating, and Wet My Bed told me everything I needed to know about that sick fuck. It's insulting to call him a lyricist. Listening to that creep's lyrics are like watching college kids beat up homeless people. I do NOT subscribe to Scott Weiland's feeble attempts at Iggy Pop-like shock-and-awe.

And you wanna know why I refuse to watch him perform? Because I'm scared to death that creep is going to have a wardrobe malfunction while I'm watching. It's so obvious that he wants his scabby penis to make a guest appearance and he's hoping that it happens by accident.

Now, he's nothing but a Hollywood darling....

binnie
03-29-2007, 07:15 AM
Well, it's not a long story, nor is it a hard one to tell....:D

He asked me out, I said yes, then he came back because ...

Well he said this, "Before we go out, I think there's something you should know about me. I'm a Heroine addict, but I've been clean for 10 years. What you need to know is that I can't have sex because the addiction makes you impotent."

Well, if I wasn't going to cancel the date based on the fact that he felt the need to spew so much personal information so rapidly, I would've only because he was presumtuous enough to think I would immediately jump in the sack with him.

But I went, no harm no foul, and we had a great meal. He was a good friend.

You're right, that IS pretty presumptuous!!

I mean, all men think that we're going to get women into bed on the first date, but few of us are dumb enough to spoil our chances by announcing our intentions!

I guess heroin makes people lose tact too!

ODShowtime
03-29-2007, 07:17 AM
I own Core and 12 Gracious Melodies.
Picked them up at a yard sale for $1.00 each.

Vaseline is the ONLY song I can sit through. Dead and Bloating, and Wet My Bed told me everything I needed to know about that sick fuck. It's insulting to call him a lyricist. Listening to that creep's lyrics are like watching college kids beat up homeless people. I do NOT subscribe to Scott Weiland's feeble attempts at Iggy Pop-like shock-and-awe.

I don't know what to tell you except that you have poor taste. BUT, you have a basis for your opinion, so you have to respect that.

Dead and Bloated is fuckin' badass. It's like an old delta bluesman singing with a dobro, but jacked up through a dropped-d les paul and marshall.

Someone told me Dean doesn't use dropped d for this song though. Anyone know the REAL chords?

Ellyllions
03-29-2007, 07:18 AM
He was a little silly, a little immature, and a little conceited.

Still a good friend.

But he blew his head off with a sawed off shotgun about 7 or 8 years ago....

He had issues.

ODShowtime
03-29-2007, 07:20 AM
And you wanna know why I refuse to watch him perform? Because I'm scared to death that creep is going to have a wardrobe malfunction while I'm watching. It's so obvious that he wants his scabby penis to make a guest appearance and he's hoping that it happens by accident.

Oddly enough, when I saw STP at the Town Fair, he stripped on stage and wore an American flag as a diaper during the encore of DEAD AND BLOATED... and Dean ripped it off at the end. You would have loved that.

Ellyllions
03-29-2007, 07:21 AM
I don't know what to tell you except that you have poor taste. BUT, you have a basis for your opinion, so you have to respect that.

And I would say that you have poor taste as well.

But you seem to be more of a fan of the music than of Scott...

Ellyllions
03-29-2007, 07:22 AM
Oddly enough, when I saw STP at the Town Fair, he stripped on stage and wore an American flag as a diaper during the encore of DEAD AND BLOATED... and Dean ripped it off at the end. You would have loved that.

I would've sued him for defamation of character.
:D

There are only a few people that I wouldn't look at were they naked. Scott Weiland is right up there with Rosie O-Donnell.

binnie
03-29-2007, 07:22 AM
He was a little silly, a little immature, and a little conceited.

Still a good friend.

But he blew his head off with a sawed off shotgun about 7 or 8 years ago....

He had issues.

I'm sorry to hear that....

binnie
03-29-2007, 07:24 AM

There are only a few people that I wouldn't look at were they naked.... Rosie O-Donnell.

There's got to be a freakshow element worth looking at there...

Ellyllions
03-29-2007, 07:29 AM
I'm sorry to hear that....

Thanks. I ended up having to work the case.
I came in to work one night and saw his photo in the briefing. When the Sgt. gave the briefing and said that there was a Missing Person's report out on him I knew something was bad. After briefing I approached the Sgt. and told him how I knew the guy and that if he was "missing" it wasn't a good thing. He informed me that they had done a quick once-over of the guy's home and surrounding area but had limited their resources to a BOLO thinking maybe the guy had just skipped town with someone.

I convinced the Sgt. to get out the dogs and I'd start trying leads. He informed me that the family (including the guy's 13 year old son was at the guys home and combing the immediate area. I pleaded that he pull the family away because of this guy's past histronic behavior.

The dogs found him later that night, lying in the grass behind the church he went to as a child. Less than a mile from his house. He'd been there for about 3 days. He'd used a slug and put it under his chin. The animals had had a go at him too so there were a lot of "scraps" we had to collect. He was 37. It was not a good scene. But at least the family got the news from someone they'd known for years....someone they knew they could trust.

binnie
03-29-2007, 07:32 AM
Jeeeezus, I'm glad I don't have to see things like that in my line of work.

You are a far tougher person than me Elly, by a long shot.

On a different note, no-one's life should end like that: it is heart-wrenchingly sad...

Ellyllions
03-29-2007, 07:38 AM
I don't know about "tough".

And I used to think it was sad....but when you have to sit mothers, children, fathers, wives, brothers, girlfriends, boyfriends...etc...down and explain to them that the person their so worried about has taken their own life, you lose that empathy for the dead.

I wasn't there when Michael was making the decision to kill himself. But I was there when his mother lost her footing and collapsed in the floor when I told her what I'd found. I was there when I saw his wife tell their 13-year old son what had happened to his dad. There were more people in that room in pain than there was lying in that field.

You do that a few times and suddenly you begin to believe that suicide is the most selfish, careless act a person can do. One flash and it's lights out for you, but there's a trail of tears you leave behind. A trail of people who truly loved you and DO NOT understand why you did that to them.

binnie
03-29-2007, 07:41 AM
I can't really empathize with the friends and family, I can only begin to imagine.

I suppose I think it's sad that anybody's life would get to the stage where they didn't want to be hear anymore, that's what's sad - and the fact that they can't think of another way forward...

Loons The Great
03-30-2007, 12:53 AM
He sang ATBL mo' bettah than Hagar or Cherona ever did. And he blew off that birdshit tune Runaclown.

Tiki-Tom
03-30-2007, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Loons The Great
He sang ATBL mo' bettah than Hagar or Cherona ever did.

That's impressive................I can sing'em better too so that's not saying much.

He's got gayer dance moves than Cherona, too. Does that make him R&R's Mikhail Baryshnikov?

Loons The Great
03-30-2007, 01:25 AM
That's impressive................I can sing'em better too so that's not saying much.

He's got gayer dance moves than Cherona, too. Does that make him R&R's Mikhail Baryshnikov?

What the fuck is this? So You Think You Can Dance?

Tiki-Tom
03-30-2007, 01:39 AM
What the fuck is this? So You Think You Can Dance?

Scott's moves are gay but I'v got some Flippin' Sweet Moves I tell you! With a real smooth presentation. I mean Smoooooooooooth man. The chicks just can't control themselves damn it:cool:

Loons The Great
03-30-2007, 01:56 AM
Scott's moves are gay but I'v got some Flippin' Sweet Moves I tell you! With a real smooth presentation. I mean Smoooooooooooth man. The chicks can't control themselves :cool:

You can trow out some Flippin' Sweet Moves when you cut the rug......with that huge mask on??? Damn, nah that's impressive!!:D

Tiki-Tom
03-30-2007, 02:10 AM
You can trow out some Flippin' Sweet Moves when you cut the rug......with that huge mask on??? Damn, nah that's impressive!!:D

You know it dude, much practice involved....... A few extra Mai Tai's never hurt either ;)