PDA

View Full Version : Clinton, Giuliani lead in national polling

BigBadBrian
03-27-2007, 06:59 AM
Clinton, Giuliani lead in national polling
Written by Staff
Monday, 26 March 2007

Zogby: Giuliani, Clinton Hold Big Leads in National Tests
Edwards holds in third place among Dems; Fred Thompson could be a GOPer worth watching

Republican Rudy Giuliani and Democrat Hillary Clinton, both of New York state, continue to enjoy significant leads over rivals in national tests of likely primary voters, a new Zogby International telephone poll shows. Meanwhile, Giuliani’s edge among Republicans is now more than double that of his nearest rival.

Clinton holds a double–digit 32% to 22% lead over Illinois Sen. Barack Obama, with former senator John Edwards a distant third in a national test of Democratic likely voters. The survey was the first national poll to be fielded following Friday’s announcement by Edwards that he would continue his campaign despite a new cancer diagnosis facing his wife, Elizabeth. Twenty–four percent of Democrats said they were as yet undecided.

Among Republicans, Giuliani, a moderate, continues to show strength and Arizona Sen. John McCain continues to struggle to build a foundation of support. The former New York mayor now leads over McCain, 27% to 13%.

The survey, conducted March 22-26, 2007, included 432 Democratic respondents (margin of error of +/- 4.8 percentage point) and 376 Republicans (margin of error +/- 5.2 percentage points).

Democrats
Clinton -- 32%
Obama -- 22%
Edwards -- 13%
Biden -- 2%
Richardson -- 2%
Kucinich -- 1%
Not Sure -- 24%

Republicans
Giuliani -- 27%
McCain -- 13%
F. Thompson -- 9%
Romney -- 9%
Paul -- 3%
T. Thompson -- 1%
Huckabee -- 1%
Hunter -- 1%
Tancredo -- 1%
Not sure -- 28%

* Other candidates were included in the survey, but only those winning at least 1% support are included in these charts.

In an early January Zogby telephone survey, the race was much closer – Giuliani led 21% to 17%. McCain hit his high water mark in another telephone survey just over a month ago but still trailed Giuliani, 29% to 20%. In this latest survey, 28% of Republicans said they are unsure whom they would support for the presidential nomination.

In the Democratic race, Obama is nearly even with Clinton among men (Clinton leads 28% to 26%, with Edwards at 11%), but Clinton remains well ahead among Democratic women (she leads with 35%, compared to 19% for Obama and 15% for Edwards). Among Democratic men, 21% are undecided, while 26% of Dem women said the same.

Among African–American Democrats, 40% remain undecided, up from 35% in the Zogby International telephone survey taken late last month. Another 30% support Clinton, while 19% back Obama. In last month’s survey, Obama had 36% support, compared to 26% for Clinton among the demographic group. In an early January Zogby International poll, Hillary led among African–Americans, 43%, compared to 16% for Obama. In that survey, 15% were undecided, and another 15% said they supported former Vice President Al Gore. Gore has since reiterated his decision not to run for President, and has been removed from the Zogby presidential poll.

Among another key demographic group for the Democratic nomination – white women – Hillary maintains a solid lead. She wins 33% support, compared to 20% for Edwards and 18% for Obama.

Obama enjoys an eight–point, 30% to 22% lead over Clinton among progressives (Edwards wins 18%) and a 29% to 25% edge over Clinton among liberals, where Edwards wins 17%. But the new Zogby telephone poll shows Clinton wins over Obama among moderates, 33% to 21%, while Edwards wins 14% of the moderate democratic support.

On the GOP side of the aisle, actor–turned–senator–turned–actor Fred Thompson wins 9% support, tying Mitt Romney of Massachusetts. Thompson’s support comes from those Republicans who consider themselves “very conservative,” where he wins 19% support and nearly ties Giuliani, who leads the demographic group with 21%. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts finishes third among the very conservative with 16%, while McCain finishes fourth with 7% support.

Among mainline conservatives, Giuliani leads second-place McCain by a 31% to 15%, with Thompson winning 10% support.

In the Republican race, Giuliani holds big leads among both men and women, but women are much more on the fence. Among men, he leads with 33%, followed by McCain with 17%, Thompson with 12%, Romney with 9%, and 19% unsure. Among women, Giuliani wins 22%, while McCain wins 9%, Romney wins 8%, and Thompson and Ron Paul win 6% each. Fully 38% of Republican women are undecided on who they would support for their party’s nomination.

These poll numbers are important because the race for supporters and campaign contributions is a national effort, said Pollster John Zogby. But state-by-state primaries and caucuses will determine who will be the parties’w standard-bearers in the 2008 presidential race. Zogby International will release the results from a series of telephone polls in key early states over the next several weeks, starting Wednesday.

Link (http://www.thecherrycreeknews.com/content/view/1180/2/)

ELVIS
03-27-2007, 07:56 AM
President Giuliani...

:elvis:

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-27-2007, 09:59 AM
I could live with that, but if these are the two parties choices, never before has a third party candidate seemed so viable.

FORD
03-27-2007, 11:14 AM
No shit.....

But President Gore will fix that problem right around Labor Day......

Then it's just a matter of him picking a running mate.

Gore/Edwards

Gore/Clark

Gore/Obama

ABH 2008 (anybody but Hillary)

Guitar Shark
03-27-2007, 11:30 AM
Save us, Howard Dean!!! :cry2:

FORD
03-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Save us, Howard Dean!!! :cry2:

That would be even better :)

http://images.cafepress.com/product/21244828_240x240_Front.jpg

ELVIS
03-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Who ??

steve
03-27-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

Democrats
Not Sure -- 24%

Republicans
Not sure -- 28%

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAeyWap3yMQ
http://www.girlpants.org/manpants/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/idiocracy2.jpg
"Shit...I know shit's bad right now, with all that starvin bullshit, and the dust storms, and we all out of french fries and burrito coverins...but listen up! I got a three point plan to fix EVERYTHING:
Number 1: We got this guy Not Sure.
Number 2: He's got a high IQ, than any man alive!
Number 3: He's gonna fix everything.
He's gonna make the crops grow again.
He's gonna stop the dust storms.
He's gonna fiiiiiiiiix the economy.
And he's gonna do it all...IN ONE WEEK.

FORD
03-27-2007, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Who ??

http://www.orlandoreport.com/profiles/images/howard_dean.jpg

You know damn well who, Elvis. YEEEEEEAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!

Guitar Shark
03-27-2007, 11:39 AM
LOL. The Dems are SOOOOOOOO losing this election. Again.

FORD
03-27-2007, 12:00 PM

The DLC is certainly trying hard to do just that.

But it ain't over yet. No matter what Hillary and her friend Rupert Murdoch say.

ELVIS
03-27-2007, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by FORD
You know damn well who, Elvis. YEEEEEEAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!

You said it, not me...

At least your sense of humor is intact...;)

FORD
03-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Howard Dean owned the "scream" within three days of the media hype. He laughed at it himself, so why shouldn't I?

I still think it's bullshit how the sound was manipulated in the first place, and then repeated endlessly in the corporate whore media, in entirely the wrong context, but that 's how the DLC and the corporate whore media helped Chimpy steal 2004.

Dean has been thoroughly vindicated because everything he said in the 2003/04 primary campaign has been proven true.

He could very easily run and win on that fact alone, and if President Gore refuses to accept his destiny, then Dean might well have to do so. Either way, there is no way in HELL that Hillary Clinton is going to be the nominee of my party.

Guitar Shark
03-27-2007, 03:44 PM
Dean has been thoroughly vindicated because everything he said in the 2003/04 primary campaign has been proven true.

Well, except for this one, maybe. ;)

"Not only are we going to New Hampshire ... we're going to South Carolina and Oklahoma and Arizona and North Dakota and New Mexico, and we're going to California and Texas and New York! And we're going to South Dakota and Oregon and Washington and Michigan. And then we're going to Washington, D.C. to take back the White House, Yeeeeeaaaaaargh!" -- Howard Dean, Iowa concession speech

Nickdfresh
03-27-2007, 05:54 PM
President Giuliani...

LOL He's the same as Hillary, no better, and a big sleaze bag to say the least...

Ha! Rudollary!

They can even swap clothes.

If it weren't for 9/11, no one would give a fuck...

Nickdfresh
03-27-2007, 05:59 PM

Funny, but I've heard that some Republican strategists believe that there is no way they can beat Clinton...

And Giuliani will be flushed once the Religious right trumps him...

ELVIS
03-27-2007, 06:04 PM
Howard Dean owned the "scream" within three days of the media hype. He laughed at it himself, so why shouldn't I?

This is the first time you've laughed at it, to my knowledge...

I still think it's bullshit how the sound was manipulated in the first place, and then repeated endlessly in the corporate whore media, in entirely the wrong context, but that 's how the DLC and the corporate whore media helped Chimpy steal 2004.

Of course it was repeated endlessly, it was a classic screw up...

Dude, nothing was "manipulated" and I don't even know what you're referring to as the "wrong context"...

It is what it is...Dean got carried away, he was a little (make that a lot) too close to the mike and his scream didn't turn out as cool as he would have liked, nothing more, nothing less...

Either way the guy is a freak...

Though, still not as freaky as algore...

Happy campaining...:D

ELVIS
03-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
And Giuliani will be flushed once the Religious right trumps him...

What now ??

And I just love how some people look at the so called "religious right" as bad...

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-27-2007, 06:10 PM
Well, except for this one, maybe. ;)

"Not only are we going to New Hampshire ... we're going to South Carolina and Oklahoma and Arizona and North Dakota and New Mexico, and we're going to California and Texas and New York! And we're going to South Dakota and Oregon and Washington and Michigan. And then we're going to Washington, D.C. to take back the White House, Yeeeeeaaaaaargh!" -- Howard Dean, Iowa concession speech

Shark, now that's just mean-spirited. :)

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-27-2007, 06:12 PM
What now ??

And I just love how some people look at the so called "religious right" as bad...

Not bad, just mentally defected... :)

Nickdfresh
03-27-2007, 06:16 PM
What now ??

I didn't say they were "bad," although some clearly are hypocrite scum, like Falwell and Robertson.

In any case, Rudolf is a douche. He told his wife, who had cancer, that he was divorcing her via city television.

He's had numerous affairs, is pro-choice, lived with a gay couple after being thrown out of the mayor's house by his now ex-wife for screwing other chicks, and his children are estranged and refuse to talk to him...

You tell me how his campaign isn't going to sink like buckets of concrete...

He's not the 9/11 poster boy of sympathy many associate him as...

FORD
03-27-2007, 06:27 PM
Here is the REAL version of the Dean speech. This is what was seen and heard by the crowd in Iowa........

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FCjsiq1pUq0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FCjsiq1pUq0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

FORD
03-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Notice how barely audible the "YEEEEEEEEAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHH" was on the house PA system??

It was only because the mediawhores took the direct feed from the condenser mic (clipped to Dean's tie) that the fraudulent presentation of the speech was allowed to continue.

The crowd barely heard the scream at all, but once you isolate it, amplify it and take it completely out of context (i.e. "HOWARD DEAN MELTDOWN!!!!!) then the liars win. And the liars of the corporate whore media were targeted by Howard Dean, so they had to target him. Damn shame that so many chickenshit Kerrysuckers fell for it. :(

ELVIS
03-27-2007, 07:39 PM
No dude...

I was watching it live at the time...

No WAY is what you're saying is true...

Dude, his scream was deliberately REMOVED from that lame-ass clip you just posted...

I WAS WATCHING IT LIVE WHEN IT HAPPENED - GET THAT THROUGH YOUR SKULL!!!

As were probably a few million americans, and we know what we saw...

No way dude...

No way...

No way...

No way...

No way...

:rolleyes:

Guitar Shark
03-27-2007, 08:06 PM
I saw it live too, and for perhaps the first time EVER, I agree with ELVIS. :D

FORD
03-27-2007, 08:11 PM
No dude...

I was watching it live at the time...

No WAY is what you're saying is true...

Dude, his scream was deliberately REMOVED from that lame-ass clip you just posted...

I WAS WATCHING IT LIVE WHEN IT HAPPENED - GET THAT THROUGH YOUR SKULL!!!

As were probably a few million americans, and we know what we saw...

No way dude...

No way...

No way...

No way...

No way...

:rolleyes:

The video I posted was taken by someone who was there, at the rally with their own camera. It is 100% authentic raw footage. Not remixed and edited like the media whore clips.

You've probably never seen the inside of a TV studio, but as a musician, I'm assuming you have seen a mixing console of some kind. You know damn well how easy it would be to boost the sound coming of that condenser mic.

And condenser mic's are specifically designed to eliminate ambient noise, which in this case would have been the sounds of the crowd.

And then, when you have an amplified scream of Howard Dean, removed from the context of merely trying to be heard over the roar of an enthusiastic crowd of supporters, it's easy enough to misrepresent the scream as some sort of "rage meltdown", even though he wasn't speaking out of rage at all, but more as a coach in a locker room would at halftime.

Martin Luther King said that "text without context is pretext". He would have said the same about what was done to Dean's speech.

Guitar Shark
03-27-2007, 08:14 PM
What about those of us who saw the live broadcast, Dave? Are you suggesting that the "whore media" knew what HD was going to say in advance, and somehow boosted the scream through the condenser mic for a live broadcast?

Come on, man. Why can't you just admit that HD screamed? So what if he did? All it shows is that he was passionate about what he was saying.

FORD
03-27-2007, 08:27 PM
What about those of us who saw the live broadcast, Dave? Are you suggesting that the "whore media" knew what HD was going to say in advance, and somehow boosted the scream through the condenser mic for a live broadcast?

Come on, man. Why can't you just admit that HD screamed? So what if he did? All it shows is that he was passionate about what he was saying.

As I said, the scream was an attempt to be heard over the roar of the crowd. And in the natural setting of the crowd, over the house PA, the scream wasn't even heard.

The network feed setup was probably done for sound clarity reasons, which is understandable. But once they stumbled on something which they COULD exploit, they did. And anyone who did not watch the entire speech believed the sickening spin that the Busheep talking heads put on it.

And with a seven second delay common on all "live" network broadcasts, it is VERY likely that the mediawhore sound engineer slid the volume up on the scream.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-27-2007, 08:59 PM
I saw it live too. I thought someone had just goosed his liberal ass with a turkey neck.

Blood-curdling.

ELVIS
03-28-2007, 02:20 AM
It is 100% authentic raw footage.

How do you know, or how can you prove that ??

And, no, some BCE operative didn't boost the scream inside of a seven second delay...:rolleyes:

And I can pick apart all of your other points, but it's pointless...