PDA

View Full Version : Homophobe Army Recruiter Goes Off On Gay Man

Hardrock69
03-27-2007, 11:23 AM
Beyond the pale: anti-gay, racist emails from Army recruiter
by: pam
Mon Mar 26, 2007 at 10:45:00 AM EDT

"GO BACK TO AFRICA AND DO YOUR GAY VOODOO LIMBO TANGO AND WANGO DANCE AND JUMP AROUND AND PRANCE AND RUN ALL OVER THE PLACE HALF NAKED THERE."
-- U.S. Army recruiter Sgt. Marcia Ramode, using her military email address to respond to Jersey City resident Corey Andrew, after Ramode learned Andrew was gay.

Is this the General Peter Pace policy at work?

Corey Andrew had his profile and resume posted at Careerbuilder.com, and it caught the eye of Army recruiter Marcia Ramode, who contacted him. He wasn't interested in a position in the military, particularly because of the ban on gays and lesbians in the military.

When Andrew informed Ramode that he is gay, and believed that the DADT policy was wrong, the two engaged in a three-day email exchange that included statements by Ramode, in her official capacity as a recruiter, that boggle the mind. (Jersey Journal):

After more prodding from Andrew on the Army's recruitment policy, the messages escalated into a bigoted tirade. For example, Ramode told Andrew that "being gay is disgusting and immoral."

...Steve Ralls, a director of communications for the Service Members Legal Defense Network, which helps victims of discrimination under the "Don't Ask Don't Tell" policy, says Ramode should be fired.

"The recruiter's remarks were outrageous and offensive in almost every way," Ralls said. "Anti-gay harassment throughout the military is well documented but this is particularly egregious because the recruiter's language is so homophobic and racist."

Andrew forwarded the emails to SLDN, and, well, it blows your mind to see the calibre of people now being allowed to recruit. This is completely unacceptable, and stains the reputation of those wearing the uniform. Can you believe this brazen filth was sent out under a military domain as official business communication --

http://www.pamspaulding.com/graphics/ramode1.jpg

and look at this:

http://www.pamspaulding.com/graphics/ramode2.jpg

And here's another, where Ramode tells Andrew to "migrate to another country" if he objects to paying taxes to support the military, which discriminates against gay and lesbian citizens, and "if you do not like me writing in caps then delete my email and do not respond I think it scared you to death."

http://www.pamspaulding.com/graphics/ramode3.jpg

According to a statement from public affairs officer, Sgt. Douglas Smith, the U.S. Army Recruiting Command's Staff Judge Advocate has bumped the case up to Ramode's commander for "review, investigation and appropriate action." Ramode, as you might imagine, didn't return calls from reporters.

Our tax dollars are paying for taxpaying citizens to be treated like this; gays and lesbians are fighting and dying for their country right now, while Ramode gets to sit at a desk and tap out homophobic, racist tirades to U.S. citizens while representing the Army. It's wrong on so many levels.

NOTE: The Jersey Journal article also noted that the name calling went in both directions once Ramode lobbed the first volley of outlandish statements.

The insults were not only flying one way, as Andrew criticized her vocabulary and poor spelling and, after finding out she was a Native American, wrote:

"So take that to your next rain dance."

That was racist and out of bounds as well, but of course the whole nonsense wouldn't have occurred had Ramode simply said that the military's policy is that we don't recruit openly gay and lesbians citizens, and left it at that. She clearly felt the need to unleash the vitriol and it all escalated. She was the one representing the government -- and the taxpayers.

UPDATE: in the land of conservative make-believe, Riehl World View chooses to believe that the military recruiter was set up to engage in that flame war. Oh yes -- but, she made the first contact, and chose to continue communicating in that manner while representing the government. Get real. If Ramode felt so curiously compelled to respond as she did (or knew any better), she should have opened a Gmail, Yahoo or other non-work account, no? Please.

http://www.pamshouseblend.com/showDiary.do;jsessionid=2C5373FC5F2127AFDACA3DF508 6F0564?diaryId=1153

FORD
03-27-2007, 02:30 PM
Damn, what a racist, homophobic bitch!!

An insult to the US Army and to Native Americans alike.

Incidentally, though the racist homophobic bitch didn't specify what nation of indigenous people she claimed as ancestors, it should be mentioned that many native peoples were very tolerant of gays and lesbians, and in fact in some tribes the "medicine man", was often homosexual.

So, she's possibly ignorant of her own heritage as well.

Seshmeister
03-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Women have no place in the military.

FORD
03-27-2007, 03:43 PM
"GAY VOODOO LIMBO TANGO AND WANGO DANCE"

Wasn't that a Ted Nugent song? :D

Guitar Shark
03-27-2007, 03:53 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be fake. It's almost too unreal to believe.

LMAO @ Sesh

BigBadBrian
03-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by FORD

Incidentally, though the racist homophobic bitch didn't specify what nation of indigenous people she claimed as ancestors, it should be mentioned that many native peoples were very tolerant of gays and lesbians, and in fact in some tribes the "medicine man", was often homosexual.

:rolleyes:

Leave it to "You Know Who" to know about homo Indians.

BigBadBrian
03-27-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be fake. It's almost too unreal to believe.

No shit.

pamshouseblend

FORD
03-27-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

Knowledge beats the Hell out of ignorance every time.

Just looking at posts in this thread and others today is ample evidence of that.

Nickdfresh
03-27-2007, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Women have no place in the military.

Several I knew found "their place" on their backs, 24-7...

FORD
03-27-2007, 05:40 PM
No shit.

pamshouseblend

Actually, the story originated in a New Jersey newspaper (http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/index.ssf?/base/news-3/1174888852111830.xml&coll=3&thispage=1)

Nickdfresh
03-27-2007, 05:41 PM

You sound very jealous.

Steve Savicki
03-27-2007, 05:51 PM

I suppose Nuge could should that e-mail publically over a mic.

Roy Munson
03-27-2007, 05:57 PM
Ironically, this is proof that DADT actually is a good thing.

As for Indians...don't get me started.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-27-2007, 09:06 PM

OH MY GOD!!! PIGS FLY!!! SATAN IS WEARING A WINTER JACKET!!!

BRIAN ACTUALLY MADE AN AUTHENTICALLY FUNNY JOKE!!!!

binnie
03-28-2007, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Care to pass on their numbers....

binnie
03-28-2007, 03:43 AM

LOL!!

I just spat my drink out at that!

scamper
03-28-2007, 02:50 PM
Army Recruiter Goes Off On Gay Man

That's just funny on its own...

1978 Fan
03-28-2007, 04:16 PM
"THERE'S STILL TIME TO CHANGE THE ROAD YOU'RE ON . . ..
OR, ABOUT TO GO ON . . . ."

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j117/GojiraDeMonstah/small-church-gay1.jpg

hideyoursheep
03-28-2007, 04:53 PM

Hell, it looks like a Ted Nugent e-mail.....:p

BITEYOASS
03-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Are you talking about barracks hoes? Never touched em, since they usually are the village bicycles of the base and most of them are dependents past 18 living with they're parents.

hideyoursheep
03-28-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
Are you talking about barracks hoes? Never touched em, since they usually are the village bicycles of the base and most of them are dependents past 18 living with they're parents.

I never saw any that weren't gag-nasty.....

Except for that one black chick who was AF @ Ft Knox....

Woof!

Angel
04-11-2007, 09:36 PM

Actually Ford, most were MORE than tolerated, a "two spirit person" was revered in their culture, and are starting to be again.

Sorry to Bump this thread, but I missed it with you guys being down.

Nickdfresh
04-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by hideyoursheep
I never saw any that weren't gag-nasty.....

Except for that one black chick who was AF @ Ft Knox....

Woof!

The AF had the best hotties...

There were some quality ones in the Army, but few and far between...

Seshmeister
04-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Angel
Sorry to Bump this thread, but I missed it with you guys being down.

There has to be a joke in there somewhere but I'm too tired to come up with it...:D

Angel
04-12-2007, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
There has to be a joke in there somewhere but I'm too tired to come up with it...:D

Too fucking funny! Love ya, Sesh!