PDA

View Full Version : This should be an embarrassment for all Repubs

Roy Munson
03-29-2007, 09:33 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hYZre8kEsuw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hYZre8kEsuw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Ellyllions
03-29-2007, 10:09 AM
ya I know....acting all human an' shit....

Roy Munson
03-29-2007, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Ellyllions
ya I know....acting all human an' shit....

I used to be a republican. I still am a conservative, which I feel most repubs are NOT these days.

I suppose Rove was just having a good time, but whomever put that little skit together should be slapped. I don't understand the behavior at these dinners when we have troops dying in the line of battle overseas. I dunno. I just would expect these guys to be a bit more sober under the current circumstances.

sadaist
03-29-2007, 10:53 AM
"This should be an embarrassment for all Repubs"

Why? Should Eddie be an embarrassment to all Van Halen fans?

Roy Munson
03-29-2007, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by sadaist
"This should be an embarrassment for all Repubs"

Why? Should Eddie be an embarrassment to all Van Halen fans?

Yes. Stupid question.

fe_lung
03-29-2007, 11:15 AM
On behalf of all white people, I'm sorry we suck so bad!

Ellyllions
03-29-2007, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Roy Munson
I used to be a republican. I still am a conservative, which I feel most repubs are NOT these days.

I suppose Rove was just having a good time, but whomever put that little skit together should be slapped. I don't understand the behavior at these dinners when we have troops dying in the line of battle overseas. I dunno. I just would expect these guys to be a bit more sober under the current circumstances.

Roy, I ain't gonna say anything about that because it appears that you're emotional over troop deaths and that is respectable.

No rhetoric on that one.

Roy Munson
03-29-2007, 11:36 AM
Roy, I ain't gonna say anything about that because it appears that you're emotional over troop deaths and that is respectable.

No rhetoric on that one.

I think you're reaching too deeply into my statement. Of course, I am emotional to a certain extent over troop deaths. Who isn't? However, getting overly emotional, as many libs do, does no good either.

The problem I have is that everytime we see video footage of one of these White House press dinners there is always over-the-top fun and shenanigans. It's unacceptable to me as a person who has steadfastly supported this war and I think a much more sober tone should be in order in situations like these. I'm not saying everyone should be down and out, but I do think they should be a bit more respectable of what is going on.

Ellyllions
03-29-2007, 11:40 AM
Don't read too much into what I posted.

I respect your opinion on this and that's all I meant by it.

Roy Munson
03-29-2007, 11:43 AM
Don't read too much into what I posted.

I respect your opinion on this and that's all I meant by it.

Gotcha.

:)

knuckleboner
03-29-2007, 11:49 AM

No rhetoric on that one.

eh, i'll go rhetoric:

troops are ALWAYS dying. even in times of peace there are always risks associated with being in the military. accidents claim soldiers lives regardless of whether we're at war or not. (and i don't just say that callously; i lost an uncle in the navy due to equipment problems during "peacetime.")

throw in the nationwide deaths of firefighters, sheriff's deputies, police officers, etc., and if one wanted to make the argument, we should ALWAYS be somber because people are constantly giving their lives for us.

but that's not the way to go. we need to be respectful and mindful of their sacrifices, but we also have to go on with our lives.

if a significant amount of deaths had just occurred, or if the event was actually regarding our soldiers in the war, then yeah, poor taste.

but this event was is a long-time, annual lighthearted event. i have no problem with this.

FORD
03-29-2007, 12:23 PM
White guys shouldn't rap.

(except the Beastie Boys)

Neocon fascists shouldn't even pretend to know what hip-hop is about.

But at least THIS Karl Rove fuckup didn't directly do anything to shred the constitution or otherwise hurt the country.

BITEYOASS
03-29-2007, 12:35 PM
Well this sets back the progress that all those Detroit rappers have made over the past 10 years. :mad:

Ellyllions
03-29-2007, 01:20 PM
Did you see the President's piece?

And we thought he never admitted how fucked up his Presidency has been. But you'll hafta go to cnn.com to see that one...fox news doesn't have it.

Roy Munson
03-29-2007, 01:28 PM
Did you see the President's piece?

And we thought he never admitted how fucked up his Presidency has been. But you'll hafta go to cnn.com to see that one...fox news doesn't have it.

Can you post a link?

I heard about it, but didn't see it. I have to admit that I am very disappointed with what this pres has done on a number of things, but maybe not what you'd think.

Ellyllions
03-29-2007, 01:44 PM
http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.html?url=/video/politics/2007/03/29/sots.bush.standup.comedy.at.wh.correspondents.dinn er.pool&wm=11

Roy Munson
03-29-2007, 01:56 PM
http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.html?url=/video/politics/2007/03/29/sots.bush.standup.comedy.at.wh.correspondents.dinn er.pool&wm=11

That was actually hilarious.

ODShowtime
03-29-2007, 08:07 PM
Yes. Stupid question.

ah that was great.:D you have good comic timing.

ODShowtime
03-29-2007, 08:16 PM
holy hell, that was oddly cathartic.

pflo
03-29-2007, 09:31 PM
Yay. hes funny , all is forgiven. Who needed all those civilians anyway?:gun:

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-29-2007, 10:10 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hYZre8kEsuw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hYZre8kEsuw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Wow. As if right wing policies weren't cruel enough to black people as it is...