PDA

View Full Version : Advice on laser printer/fax machines

Roy Munson
03-29-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm looking at buying a different fax/printer for my business. I've looked at so many of these fucking things my head is spinning.

I would imagine that most of you have experience with fax machines. Any brands or models you like or dislike?

I'm leaving the family company to do my own thing and I need a better machine at home than what I currently have which is a POS bubble jet Canon.

I like the Canon Laser Class stuff. Looks good and works fast.

Little Texan
03-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Forget about Canon and look into the HP All-in-one line of products! My mother has one of the HP All-in-one machines, and she has been very pleased with it. I've used it on occasion and it is a great, high quality product! It does an amazing job of printing, scanning, and copying documents and photos, and it also has a fax machine built in. I can't recall the model number of it, though.

ALinChainz
03-29-2007, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Little Texan
Forget about Canon and look into the HP All-in-one line of products! My mother has one of the HP All-in-one machines, and she has been very pleased with it. I've used it on occasion and it is a great, high quality product! It does an amazing job of printing, scanning, and copying documents and photos, and it also has a fax machine built in. I can't recall the model number of it, though.

I agree. I have a 6210 series HP. The thing I like about it is buying paper and ink from their website. Costs the same as it would driving to a store to get it and they offer free shipping, all the way up to Next Business Day.

http://www.hp.com

FORD
03-29-2007, 01:14 PM
If your business is just you, doing an average amount of printing, then you might want to get a small desktop color laser printer.

Color laser printers have come down in price lately. Believe it or not, the HP color lasers (http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/can.do?storeName=storefronts&landing=printers&category=laserjets&orderflow=1&a1=Color+printing&v1=Color&catLevel=2#bcAnchor) start at $300.

Downside is that toner cartridges are pricey. Upside, of course, is the quality, which no inkjet can match.

Nitro Express
03-29-2007, 02:18 PM
I've owned sevral HP lazerjet products and never have had a problem. I'm still using an old 4P lazerjet from the 1980's. It's a tank and still works great.

Nitro Express
03-29-2007, 02:23 PM
I never cared for inkjet printers. They are slow and expensive. Nothing is more annoying than running out of ink when you can't run to the store to buy more.

Laser printers are the way to go and yes, the $300 color laser printers are an amazing bargain. Color printing is expensive no matter which route you take.

I have a stand alone black and white laser printer just for black and white office printing which is mostly what I do.

Roy Munson
03-29-2007, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by FORD
If your business is just you, doing an average amount of printing, then you might want to get a small desktop color laser printer.

Color laser printers have come down in price lately. Believe it or not, the HP color lasers (http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/can.do?storeName=storefronts&landing=printers&category=laserjets&orderflow=1&a1=Color+printing&v1=Color&catLevel=2#bcAnchor) start at $300.

Downside is that toner cartridges are pricey. Upside, of course, is the quality, which no inkjet can match.

It would just be me. There will be quite a bit of paperwork involved, though.

I wouldn't need color. I will definitely check out the HP products that you guys have mentioned!!!!

Thanks!!