PDA

View Full Version : DLRBand

Eyes of the Night
04-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Ah yesssaa wella, just grabbed a few songs of this CD to put on my tape for work and Iya thought yessa well just start a flippin' thread bout' your fav tune off this poorly produced CD ...

Black Sands ... hands down reason being that song every time I listen to it it takes me back the mighty VH days a "remenicense" if you will ... chorus kills!!!

:killer:

Rebel
04-03-2007, 09:43 PM
I've been listening to it every day for the last week or so. Agreed that Black Sand is the best tune. Lose the Dress, Keep the Shoes and Blacklight are two of my other favs. Relentless just blasts IMO, great hard rocker. Not a bad song on there, and I like the production. Very raw.

A remaster would kill tho

binnie
04-04-2007, 03:30 AM
Slamdunk, everytime.

I also love King of the Hill...

gunnyhighway
04-04-2007, 03:38 AM
i like dlr band too - been a long time since VH did a record like that. unfortunately been also a long time since dlr did such a record. his last cd (diamond dave) was kind of disappointing for me, i only listened to it a couple of times then put on again his older stuff.... would be about time to release another REAL rock album, dave!

chi-town324
04-06-2007, 06:49 PM
slamdunk kicks ass

Anonymous
04-09-2007, 10:08 AM
'Lose the Dress, Keep the Shoes', 'Goin' Places' and 'Black Sand'.

These three are my absolute favorite tracks - and the only thing I can't stand in that album is Dave's voice. Over time I've growm "accustomed" to it, but it still makes me cringe.

The only thing that Dave did I didn't like... sing like a whiney little bitch.

Cheers! :bottle:

Eyes of the Night
04-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Rebel
A remaster would kill tho

Absofuckinglutley!!! ...

Yeah Reb, I like raw seeing how a lot of my songs are that way too and it does catch a certain element of energy ... more of a "live" feel more than anything ...

With that said I do think that half the tunes on this album would be more enjoyable if they weren't so thin sounding ...

Terry
04-09-2007, 09:57 PM
Little Texas, Goin' Places, Slam Dunk and Relentless jump to mind as among the strongest...

but I dig the lyrics on King Of The Hill and Indeedido...

Probably just me, but I dig the demoish quality of the sound...not like I have a choice, but....

chi-town324
04-21-2007, 08:53 AM
just recently got into this CD....very strong...2nd best solo next to EEAS...IMO