PDA

View Full Version : This latest cold blast is bullshit.

rustoffa
04-06-2007, 11:11 PM
So I'm sure most of y'all are bewildered with this latest arctic front. I'm more than bewildered...I'm pissed! Last week, I spent hours planting stuff...annuals, vegetables, etc. It was damned near 80 degrees, and spring had sprung. Fucking Farmers Almanac? It's a load of bullshit.

Fact: I explained to this friend of mine how I was going to cover the annuals with sheets yesterday afternoon, due to the impending inclement weather, and he went, "lotsa critters are gonna crawl under that shit...you should know better." I went, "if you're referring to deer, that's a done deal." He said some shit like, "good luck with that theory."

So when I pulled the sheets off the annuals this morning, there were like 5 cats laying around....and it stunk. I guess the whole lot of 'em fucked all night underneath my cuntveniently-placed sheet of shame!

Let 'em try it tonight.:mad:

Little do they know that the sheets covering the tomato plants have an added bonus! That's right, semi-buried industrial rat-traps!! Tiptoe through the tomatos, motherfuckers!
:sex: :gun:

NathanRay
04-07-2007, 12:24 AM
That's that damn Global Warming.

SparkieD
04-07-2007, 12:33 AM
Those cats seized the opportunity to do it under the sheets.

SparkieD
04-07-2007, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Fucking Farmers Almanac? It's a load of bullshit.

It's a fucking jetstream of bullshit!

rustoffa
04-07-2007, 01:16 AM
I just programmed the sprinkler system to go off @ like 3:30 AM....

ON WITH THE BODYCOUNT!!!
;)

FORD
04-07-2007, 01:38 AM
Weather's just the opposite in this corner of the country. Late winter last week, even part of this week.

80 degrees today.

I think we'll keep it a while :cool:

Ally_Kat
04-07-2007, 01:39 AM

ON WITH THE BODYCOUNT!!!
;)

I get the punishment part, but what about the plants in the artic chill with the water?

Little Texan
04-07-2007, 01:15 PM
It's fucking SNOWING here as I type this, in East fucking Texas, in fucking APRIL! Heavy, too! It hardly ever snows here in the winter months, and never as heavy as it's coming down right now! This is fucking crazy!

FORD
04-07-2007, 01:41 PM
Back to the fucking rain here :(

Now is anyone here still denying that the climate on this planet is totally fucked up??

PETE'S BROTHER
04-07-2007, 01:43 PM
85 degrees in mesa az today. neener neener

Viking
04-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Yo, Rusty, I'm hip. We're down here in the LaGrange/West Point area, and my wife's wildflower bed took a real buttfucking from the cold last night. I spent the day Friday busting my hump doing network servicing in Montgomery, then had to come home and bring in every last goddamned tropical plant that I'd put out on the porch two weeks ago, and they're all big enough to be in a rainforest (which, combined with the tropical fish and turtle tanks, is exactly what our living room resembles). I'm doubly pissed because I have a dwarf navel orange tree I bought in St. Augustine, and after two near-death experiences, it's finally on the verge of popping out some citrus fruit for me, and I had to haul that cocksucker back in for the next few days, too. I have Burpee seed packs for a shitload of tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, squash and the like (we can home-grown shit for the winter months), and today was the day I was going to put in my garden, but it's 45 fucking degrees outside! And I thought I'd gotten a late start this year, too. A month ago, it was spitting sleet down here. Then it's like Panama City in June - I had to install a new air conditioner. Now the fucking fireplace is going all day again.

Global warming, my sweet Teutonic ass. Al Gore can puff my frigid fuck muscle. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

FORD
04-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
85 degrees in mesa az today. neener neener

Well, yeah but that's normal.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
04-07-2007, 05:50 PM
High 71, Low 42, Now - 68.

Central Fl.

FORD
04-07-2007, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Viking

Global warming, my sweet Teutonic ass. Al Gore can puff my frigid fuck muscle. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The term "Global Warming" is popular, but it's really too simplistic to describe what's really taking place.

It is warmer at the poles. That's why the ice shelves are shrinking and the polar bears will eventually be homeless.

But the thing is, those ice shelves are made up of fresh water (well, maybe not all that fresh since it's millions of years old).

The melted fresh water ice hits the salt water oceans and that's when the funky shit happens.

Remember the old hand cranked ice cream makers?

Why did you pour rock salt on the ice? To make the shit freeze faster, right.

Well, imagine you just turned the major stream currents of the ocean into a giant fucking ice cream freezer. Only this "ice cream" gets delivered out of the sky, in the form of fucked up, seasonally-incorrect weather.

So yeah, it's "global warming" alright. But it ain't always warm. Global climate change is more accurate description.

Ellyllions
04-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Yo, Rusty, I'm hip. We're down here in the LaGrange/West Point area, and my wife's wildflower bed took a real buttfucking from the cold last night. I spent the day Friday busting my hump doing network servicing in Montgomery, then had to come home and bring in every last goddamned tropical plant that I'd put out on the porch two weeks ago, and they're all big enough to be in a rainforest (which, combined with the tropical fish and turtle tanks, is exactly what our living room resembles). I'm doubly pissed because I have a dwarf navel orange tree I bought in St. Augustine, and after two near-death experiences, it's finally on the verge of popping out some citrus fruit for me, and I had to haul that cocksucker back in for the next few days, too. I have Burpee seed packs for a shitload of tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, squash and the like (we can home-grown shit for the winter months), and today was the day I was going to put in my garden, but it's 45 fucking degrees outside! And I thought I'd gotten a late start this year, too. A month ago, it was spitting sleet down here. Then it's like Panama City in June - I had to install a new air conditioner. Now the fucking fireplace is going all day again.

I want a garden so bad, but we've got too many trees on our property for a good spot.

And I agree that this cold blast sucks ass....it doesn't go with my tan.:D

chi-town324
04-07-2007, 06:08 PM
8 degrees with the wind chill this morning 22 reg temp....BRUTAL!!!

FORD
04-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by chi-town324
8 degrees with the wind chill this morning 22 reg temp....BRUTAL!!!

Well, they do call it the "Windy City". But 8 degrees in April, or even 22 - that's fucking crazy!

Viking
04-07-2007, 06:55 PM
FORD - way back when, in another existential reality, I was a physical science major - did the whole undergrad gamut. Meteorology, Oceanography, Chem, all the bio sciences requisites. For a time I had about every NOAA storm spotter cert they could train you for, and I was one of those crazy fuckers chasing the occasional funnel cloud and calling in post-storm damage surveys. There is definitely something ass-akimbo with the long-term mesoscale weather patterns, but I don't attribute it exclusively to 'global warming'. Ever read Not by Fire but by Ice, by Robert Felix? If not, I suggest you grab a copy and settle in for a good read. There's a lot more influencing climate change than petroleum fuels and flatulent cows, and it also doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to get hotter than The Gates Of Hell in the next fifty or so years. We could have stopped emitting industrial pollution two hundred years ago, and it still wouldn't have made much of a dent in the upcoming climate shift - and there WILL be a climate shift, you betchum. It's cyclical, and there'll be glaciation in areas that've been ice-free for eons as well as the global hotspots that are developing. You simply don't hear about it in the mainstream media because, A: the physics and inevitability of it make the average person's eyes glaze over, and B: by extension, it doesn't make good copy. In the final analysis, the science of it has become politicized, and both sides have it wrong, IMO. I'm certainly not against cleaning up the environment - I'm a lifelong, avid angler and a keen conservationist in the classic sense (you'd be mildly surprised by some of my viewpoints) - but 'global warming', in it's current incarnation, is more of a propaganda tool for social engineering than it is a valid scientific theorem. And that's more the crying shame of it all, because the full impact of events to come will be muddied by what's become an almost pseudo-scientific religion.

Viking
04-07-2007, 07:05 PM
I crapped out when I hit the math part of Earth Sciences - I got that typical guy thing going, and my brain vapor locks when it goes beyond Algebra I. :D :D :D :D

Ellyllions
04-07-2007, 07:36 PM
We live in "the human season" on planet earth.

Wallyg
04-07-2007, 07:48 PM
In the final analysis, the science of it has become politicized, and both sides have it wrong, IMO.- but 'global warming', in it's current incarnation, is more of a propaganda tool for social engineering than it is a valid scientific theorem. And that's more the crying shame of it all, because the full impact of events to come will be muddied by what's become an almost pseudo-scientific religion.

Wise words. It is a religion!!! It's about power and control not climate. The earth has warmed and cooled many, many times. Wasn't it around 500-700 when they had vineyards in England and the Vikings named Greenland? Man's vainity drives him to beleive he actually is causing it. It's a big Ego boost and a big scary excuse to take away FREEDOM!!!(not to mention $$$$$$)

Sweet Irony
04-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Little Texan
It's fucking SNOWING here as I type this, in East fucking Texas, in fucking APRIL! Heavy, too! It hardly ever snows here in the winter months, and never as heavy as it's coming down right now! This is fucking crazy!

I talked to my inlaws today...they must live near you! Crazy shit goin on!!

FORD
04-08-2007, 12:25 AM
I crapped out when I hit the math part of Earth Sciences - I got that typical guy thing going, and my brain vapor locks when it goes beyond Algebra I. :D :D :D :D

True enough there..... I never got into Algebra until I took it along with electronics.

X = b*a^10 means absolutely nothing to me, but when it comes to knowing power, current, and resistance so you don't fry shit or electrocute your ass, then there's a reason for it.

Ally_Kat
04-08-2007, 01:05 AM
It's my fault. I pouted after a couple of 70 degree days and wished for winter to come back. It did.

Score one for me :D

Now, if ya'll down there could send the snow here. I swear, they're getting it upstate and down in DC, but not in NYC.

Ally_Kat
04-08-2007, 01:11 AM
Currently At 1:09AM:
36°F RealFeelŪ 21°F

And yes, I'm upset that it isn't colder.

svrwthr
04-08-2007, 01:16 AM
So I'm sure most of y'all are bewildered with this latest arctic front. I'm more than bewildered...I'm pissed! Last week, I spent hours planting stuff...annuals, vegetables, etc. It was damned near 80 degrees, and spring had sprung. Fucking Farmers Almanac? It's a load of bullshit.

Fact: I explained to this friend of mine how I was going to cover the annuals with sheets yesterday afternoon, due to the impending inclement weather, and he went, "lotsa critters are gonna crawl under that shit...you should know better." I went, "if you're referring to deer, that's a done deal." He said some shit like, "good luck with that theory."

So when I pulled the sheets off the annuals this morning, there were like 5 cats laying around....and it stunk. I guess the whole lot of 'em fucked all night underneath my cuntveniently-placed sheet of shame!

Little do they know that the sheets covering the tomato plants have an added bonus! That's right, semi-buried industrial rat-traps!! Tiptoe through the tomatos, motherfuckers!

And this is reason why any good gardener always puts off the temptation to buy and plant on those first few weeks of warmer weather. Mother nature is always sitting there waiting to turn to you and say, "SIKE!"

rustoffa
04-08-2007, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
I get the punishment part, but what about the plants in the artic chill with the water?

The sprinkler system goes nowhere near the plants. Mainly, it's concentrated on the still dormant centipede lawn. A few of the sprinkler heads spray on the road though...so I figured I'd ice the culdesac up. In my mind, I thought it'd be a real treat for my neighbors...nothing iced up. As a matter of fact, this dude across the way called to say my sprinkler system must be out of wack. I asked him if he was sure it didn't rain or something, and he just said no. BTW, no cats got fucked up by the rat traps either!
:(

pflo
04-08-2007, 02:56 AM
[B Last week, I spent hours planting stuff...annuals, vegetables, etc.
[/B] Was that after your hair and nail appointments?

Douglas T.
04-08-2007, 01:06 PM

ON WITH THE BODYCOUNT!!!
;)

I have a motion detecting sprinkler that keeps the crtters out of my fish pond! It's really fun when the grandkids go to toss rocks at my koi!

http://www.graystonecreations.com/images/scarecrow90.jpg

http://www.graystonecreations.com/critter_control.htm

Hardrock69
04-09-2007, 09:38 AM
IT stinks around my house...numerous trees were all happy cause spring had arrived, and they were sprouting leaves like there was no tomorrow...then it got down in the mid-20s every night last week, and now I have a buncha trees with large dead leaves....decaying new chlorophyl-laden leaves smell BAD!!

:mad:

Susie Q
04-09-2007, 07:40 PM
I also think this is why everyone gets sick all the while. One week/or even DAY it is in the 50's....next thing you get a inch of snow. I don't understand it either. I would love to have a small garden here, cause I guess the fresh vegs/fruits are going to skyrocket from what I am hearing. Nothing like a home grown tomato.

Oh well...time to put the fuckin' parka on. It's cold and shitty here today. Here's tonights forecast...

This Evening: Considerable cloudiness.
Windy and cold.
Scattered flurries.
Wind: West 15-25 mph, Gusts to 30 mph
Sunset: 7:30 pm
Temps: Mid 30s by 8pm

Tonight: Variably to mostly cloudy.
Diminishing wind.
Cold.
A few flurries.
Wind: West, dropping 5-10 mph
Sunrise: 6:23 am
Low: 25°

Viking
04-09-2007, 08:56 PM
I hear ya about getting sick in this weather. My throat is on fire, my joints ache like I've been drawn-and-quartered, and I haven't eaten a thing in almost 36 hours. I'd yak if there was anything in my gut to bring up......... :uck:

Ally_Kat
04-09-2007, 11:14 PM
They key to not getting sick in this weather (and don't tell me it isn't cuz I've never fallen to this weather as of yet in my life) is to keep wearing your winter coat despite the few warm days. People might look at you weird, but at least you won't be sick later in the week.

Coyote
04-09-2007, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
They key to not getting sick in this weather (and don't tell me it isn't cuz I've never fallen to this weather as of yet in my life) is to keep wearing your winter coat despite the few warm days.

Or just thinking dirty stuff.

Whatever works.

Douglas T.
04-10-2007, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Coyote

Whatever works.

SHOES ... keep your feet warm ... very important! Oh and what is Coyote doing wearing my shirt?

SparkieD
04-10-2007, 08:08 AM
I managed to keep my hibiscus alive all winter by cutting them way back and covering them with baby blankets. All these new leaves and shoots were showing up and this damn cold snap had to come fuck 'em up:mad:

Originally posted by Douglas T.
SHOES ... keep your feet warm ... very important! Oh and what is Coyote doing wearing my shirt?

Your shirt? Damn, I thought he might've stolen Tiki's. Popular duds:)

Coyote
04-10-2007, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Douglas T.
Oh and what is Coyote doing wearing my shirt?

Originally posted by SparkieD
Your shirt? Damn, I thought he might've stolen Tiki's. Popular duds:)

And quite cheap 'round my neck of the woods, around summertime.

But how do I know that Doug or Tiki didn't steal my shirt first? :p

Douglas T.
04-10-2007, 05:50 PM
^I found mine so we're all good! Now if I can just find the damn matching hat! :drive:

Anonymous
04-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Coyote

Whatever works.

He may be on to something here... despite that hair, he just might be on to something...

Cheers! :bottle:

VanHalener
04-11-2007, 10:36 AM

I grow a bunch of carnivorous plants indoors and out. The outdoor plants I have were starting to do their thing when this cold crap returned, but now they are FUBAR. As far as the cats go... I keep my outdoor plants in a basin (artificial bog) with pine needles as an insulator. A few neighborhood cats found my "bog" to be a great place to relieve themselves until I realized they were doing it and I took steps to stop them. I DID NOT INJURE A SINGLE ANIMAL, BUT THEY WILL NEVER BE BACK IN MY BOG AGAIN.

Booby traps are the greatest!!!!!!

Coyote
04-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
He may be on to something here... despite that hair, he just might be on to something...

Cheers! :bottle:

What can I say, I drank a lot on that trip...

rustoffa
04-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Welp, there's a tornado watch now...as I type! Time for a cold blast to get it's ass kicked!!!

Douglas T.
04-11-2007, 11:28 PM
yea man .... it's hittin' down here too! I'm outside hollerin' come on rain! The winds is in my beer can her tops down!!!! Lighting and 58 mph winds ... brb .... goin' back outside!

Douglas T.
04-11-2007, 11:30 PM
So much for the flowers on my bougainvilleas!