PDA

View Full Version : Shocking Pictures Show How Soldiers Treated Iraqi Prisoners In Saddam's Jail...

Sarge
04-30-2004, 10:18 AM
OUTRAGE AT AMERICAN TORTURE OF IRAQI PRISONERS

Apr 30 2004

From Anthony Harwood, US Editor, In New York

VIDEO footage of US soldiers torturing Iraqi prisoners of war horrified America yesterday.

The TV stills showed a hooded captive standing on a box with wires attached to his hands, and naked prisoners stacked in a human pyramid while jeering troopers look on laughing.

Six soldiers now face court martial and jail. One allegedly boasted that the captives "broke within hours". Seven others, including a general, are suspended from duty and may be disciplined.

ORDEAL: Prisoner on box with wires attatched to his hands

Shocked Army spokesman Brigadier General Mark Kimmitt said: "I can't make excuses for this. We're appalled. These photos are dismaying."

TV network CBS said the prisoners were filmed late last year at notorious Abu Ghraib jail, Saddam's former torture HQ in western Baghdad, where the US is holding 4,400 detainees.

The prisoner standing on the box was told that if he fell off he would be electrocuted. One of the men in the "pyramid" had an Arab insult written in English on his skin.

HUMILIATION: Soldiers grin behind the pyramid of captives

Other captives were forced to pose in humiliating positions, some of them simulating sex acts, as soldiers gave the thumbs up.

Army Reserve Staff Sergeant Chip, who is accused of striking detainees and ordering them to beat each other, was seen sitting on a prisoner.

He allegedly boasted in an email to his family: "We had a very high rate with our styles of getting them to talk. They ended up breaking within hours."

Yesterday Frederick said he would deny abuse, claiming he was not shown Geneva Convention rules on how to treat captives.

VILE: Iraqi PoWs are forced to parade before their jeering captors

He said: "We had no support, no training whatsoever.

"I kept asking my chain of command for things like rules and regulations. It just wasn't happening." The soldiers, from the 800th Military Police Brigade, were arrested after the video images were sent to a friend who handed them to authorities.

The friend told investigators: "There are some things going on at Abu Ghraib that I can't live with."

Brig Gen Kimmitt said: "These pictures may reflect the actions of individuals. But, by God, it doesn't reflect my army.

"If we can't hold ourselves up as an example of how to treat people with dignity and respect, we can't ask that other nations do that to our soldiers."

Former Marine Lieutenant Colonel Bill Cowan warned: "We'll be paid back for this after these people are let out."

BRUTAL: Woman soldier points at genitals of hooded and naked Iraqis

The charges faced by the six soldiers include dereliction of duty, cruelty, maltreatment, assault and indecent acts with another person.

Among the officers under investigation is 800th Brigade's commander, Brigadier General Janice Karpinski.

CBS broadcast the pictures on its show 60 Minutes early yesterday. Last night they were shown on the BBC 6 O'Clock News.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/tm_objectid=14195963%26method=full%26siteid=50143% 26headline=outrage%2dat%2damerican%2dtorture%2dof% 2diraqi%2dprisoners-name_page.html

Sarge

Sarge

Sarge
ugh

Roth-Halen
04-30-2004, 10:30 AM
HOW TERRIBLE!
THOSE PICS ARE VERY DRAMATIC!

FORD
04-30-2004, 10:34 AM
We need the puke smiley back. That's about the only comment I can make about this at the moment http://progress.democraticunderground.com/images/anim_puke.gif

BITEYOASS
04-30-2004, 10:50 AM
Fuckin MP's I never had any respect for em and never will, come on everybody: FUCK THE POLICE! FUCK THE POLICE! Hope these assholes realize that I'm gonna have a higher chance of getting killed if I ever get deployed over there! I don't like this one bit!:mad2:

BITEYOASS
04-30-2004, 11:07 AM
"Army Reserve Staff Sergeant Chip, who is accused of striking detainees and ordering them to beat each other, was seen sitting on a prisoner.

He allegedly boasted in an email to his family: "We had a very high rate with our styles of getting them to talk. They ended up breaking within hours."

Yesterday Frederick said he would deny abuse, claiming he was not shown Geneva Convention rules on how to treat captives"

What a load of bullshit! A SSgt. not knowing the fuckin Geneva convention? He just violated Art. 92 of the UCMJ:

892. ART. 92. FAILURE TO OBEY ORDER OR REGULATION
Any person subject to this chapter who--

(1) violates or fails to obey any lawful general order or regulation;

(2) having knowledge of any other lawful order issued by any member of the armed forces, which it is his duty to obey, fails to obey the order; or

(3) is derelict in the performance of his duties;

shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

alexpgrimes
04-30-2004, 02:13 PM
I don't think it's any big deal. Just look what they did to our prisoners. Atleast there's are still alive. Fuck those sand ******s they deserve what they get.

ELVIS
04-30-2004, 02:35 PM
What the hell is going on in this pic ??

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?postid=70665

:confused:

FORD
04-30-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS

Did you see South Park this week ? ;)

ELVIS
04-30-2004, 03:04 PM
No.. I don't have cable.. remember ??

WACF
04-30-2004, 04:22 PM
Not good....

WACF
04-30-2004, 04:56 PM
I am sure her parents will be proud....

High Life Man
04-30-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS

I call it a "sand" wich.

DevilDog
04-30-2004, 05:26 PM
I realize that this was done by a dozen Army of One's but as a Marine I dont think youd ever see one of us being unprofessional like this. Bunch of nasties. Im really disgusted by this. Now we ALL look bad.

ELVIS
04-30-2004, 05:30 PM
Nah.. freaks are everywhere...

The military loses no respect...

Seshmeister
04-30-2004, 05:32 PM
First the war was to destroy their WMDs and there were none.

Then the war was to stop terrorism and we just created more.

Then we were told at least we got rid of an unelected crminal whose troops tortured and abused people in Iraqi prisons....

ELVIS
04-30-2004, 05:37 PM
Created more ??

BITEYOASS
04-30-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by DevilDog
I realize that this was done by a dozen Army of One's but as a Marine I dont think youd ever see one of us being unprofessional like this. Bunch of nasties. Im really disgusted by this. Now we ALL look bad.

Same here! Semper Fi!

Wayne L.
05-02-2004, 12:21 PM
I don't care how Iraqi prisoners are treated anyway no matter how the media blows it out of proportion since I'm more concerned with how our American prisoners are treated by our enemies!!!

Seshmeister
05-02-2004, 06:29 PM
So you think the two things are unrelated?

You think that when those pictures were shown in every mosque in Iraq last week it didn't matter?

That's the kind of Bush 'thinking' that got us into this mess.

Cheers!

:gulp:

BigBadBrian
05-02-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
So you think the two things are unrelated?

You think that when those pictures were shown in every mosque in Iraq last week it didn't matter?

That's the kind of Bush 'thinking' that got us into this mess.

Cheers!

:gulp:

What do you suppose the reaction was, in most cases, when the bodies of those American security workers were burned?

BITEYOASS
05-03-2004, 04:47 AM
I think it would have made more sense to kill these Iraqis before they ever got a chance to pick up that white flag. Then we wouldn't have to deal with this prisoner bullshit.

Cathedral
05-03-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
What do you suppose the reaction was, in most cases, when the bodies of those American security workers were burned?

Touche'
I do believe they were Dancin, dancin in the streets- dancin in the streets...

The attrocities commited against the coalition soldiers and non-Iraqi citizens are acceptable it seems.
It is only when there is an apparent reason to slam America that anyone chimes in with Terrorist Supporting Verbal Banter.

I guess they feel that if they protest loud enugh the terrorist's won't target them......whats that called again?....Fear?

Grow a set and shut the fuck up!

FORD
05-03-2004, 10:35 AM
Wake the fucking Hell up.

After it has become painfully obvious that there is not a single weapon of mass destruction in Iraq, the BCE still tries to justify their invasion with Uhhh.... well at least we got rid of that evildoer regime that tortured their own people

Well, who's the regime torturing their people now?

What's the next hypocritical justification for this shit? And isn't George Fucking Bush Jr the "Christian" :rolleyes: supposed to be better than that?

DavidLeeNatra
05-03-2004, 10:59 AM
do you want to be considered equal to the iraqi government...I've been to afghanistan in early april and did two shows for our soldiers over there...the CIA has their own building and there are the same things going on behind these walls...terrorism and torture are to blame no matter who is doing it or who has done what before...isn't that the reason we came to these countries? something like human rights? democracy? freedom?

ALMOSTsaved
05-03-2004, 11:00 AM
That female soldier looks like Sally Fields...a dirty dike version of Sally Fields...but Sally Fields nonetheless.

GAR
05-03-2004, 12:06 PM
Fuck off ALL of you and get with the real picture:

When it comes right down to stripping a person of their soul and it has to be done, it HAS TO BE DONE Geneva or no Geneva.

Its been that way for millenia, and will continue to be so a millenia from now. Chances are those guys getting abused are getting a taste of their own medicine, besides being detained for interrogation.

I'm not saying its right, but if its a person's dignity that stands in the way of getting witheld information out, our military's M.O. dictates dignity has to be defiled - so out the WINDOW it fucking goes!

Its been that way, in my understanding, going back to WW1 so NONE of you can tell my ass differently. I know better plus another thing;

This is also part of a psychological war, IMO to draw fire from those remaining in hiding to get the better business of rebuilding out there, over with, and done.

Im sick of seeing anti-Bush crap on this board. War in the Middle East has been held off thruout the Democrat's term in office and now that its being Back To Business I don't wanna see fellow Rothians uttering a buch a pussy pinings for peace and happiness because our freedom's come at a price and that fact is quite often lost on a lot of people holding onto principles that mean shit when some fucker's pulling a trigger on ytour ass.

BITEYOASS
05-03-2004, 02:59 PM
IMO, I'd just torture them with VH3, Barney & St. Anger. I'd also leave a rope hanging on the ceiling and cyanide tablets on the table. All I have to do is just press play then come back 3 times a day with bread and water to check there progress.

DLR'sCock
05-03-2004, 04:59 PM
Monkeys will be monkeys...

Do as I say, not as I do...

BigBadBrian
05-03-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Wake the fucking Hell up.

After it has become painfully obvious that there is not a single weapon of mass destruction in Iraq, the BCE still tries to justify their invasion with Uhhh.... well at least we got rid of that evildoer regime that tortured their own people

Well, who's the regime torturing their people now?

So FORD is making a categorical statement that all of our soldiers are TORTURERS. Interesting. :gulp:

Jesus Christ
05-03-2004, 06:17 PM
FORD maketh no such statement. Thou shalt not bear false witness!