PDA

View Full Version : To my freind

frets5150
04-11-2007, 10:48 PM
Just found out today my Best friend of 32 years died of a heart attack last week. He lived out in the Island and I found out to late to attend his Funeral.He got me into Van Halen we used to hangout down by the train tracks listen to DTNA until the tape broke.We were talkin about going to the reunion and were gonna go in 1996 but these guys couldn't get their shit together for it to happen.

RIP Friend....

:gulp:

ALinChainz
04-11-2007, 11:08 PM
I've lost several good friends, some of them like family, brothers ... graduated with them.

Heart attacks, cancer, car accidents, Lou Gehrigs, snowmobile accident, so many ways.

Its never easy. You find seeing their family members is tough too.

Sorry to hear about the loss. You'll remember the good times after awhile.

frets5150
04-11-2007, 11:19 PM
Thanks Bro I was havin a pretty good day today until i heard the news.It felt like someone smashed me in the Head with my guitar.Fuck man this blows goat nuts

Redballjets88
04-11-2007, 11:57 PM
that sucks man, im really sorry. i know the feeling too its crap

roth on bro

rbj

The Rook
04-12-2007, 12:19 AM
It's always ard to lose someone that you cared about. There is nothing really to say except that they are in a better place. God Bless.

Hardrock69
04-12-2007, 09:56 AM
Sorry to hear it man.

My best friend in the world lives in the Seattle area....I have known him for 28 years now.

He has some health problems, but one thing I will never have to worry about is that A: He knows he is my best friend, and B: We have discussed everything we possibly could so many times that I know for sure I will not ever feel that I wish we would have discussed *insert subject here*.

I still call him every other week at least, and I block out at least 5 hours each time...I think our record once was an 8-hour phone call.....we watched High Plains Drifter over the phone, as it was being showed on TBS, and there was only about a 1 second delay between his broadcast and mine.

If I never had another girlfriend in my life, I could still say I had a great life due to the friends I have.

binnie
04-12-2007, 11:44 AM
Sorry to hear that.

My heart goes out to you.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-12-2007, 12:07 PM
sorry for your loss, breathe deep, and focus on all the good. only time will help the pain. peace, peace, and peace.

ThrillsNSpills
04-12-2007, 01:37 PM
I lost a great friend to leukemia Sunday.
I told him to go alternative and take his chances but he went conventional where there really was no chance.

Rip Bill

VanHalener
04-12-2007, 02:07 PM
FRETTS & THRILLS

This news really sucks and I'm sorry to hear it. Good friends are tough to come by and tougher to lose.

My heart goes out to you guys. Celebrate their lives and remember them in your own special ways.

I have lost close friends, but I remember them on my own and whenever I am with other friends who knew them too. Their spirit lives on, so don't think it's the end, man. It's not!

God Bless

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Yx_rb4BwYQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Yx_rb4BwYQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

frets5150
04-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Thanks guys The thing is when he got married we sort of drifted apart.But I can say from the age of 11-20 we did everything together.Had our first smoke, first drink which I snuck some beers out of the house lol gettin drunk on 3 cans of beer was funny as hell. We jamed all the time and now all gone.

I pulled an Edward van halen last night and it was not a pretty site.

chi-town324
04-13-2007, 08:39 PM
remember the good times ...thats why u were friends...as others have said hes in a better place...god bless

jharp84
04-13-2007, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by frets5150
Thanks guys The thing is when he got married we sort of drifted apart.But I can say from the age of 11-20 we did everything together.Had our first smoke, first drink which I snuck some beers out of the house lol gettin drunk on 3 cans of beer was funny as hell. We jamed all the time and now all gone.

I pulled an Edward van halen last night and it was not a pretty site.

I can relate big time!! My best friend and I saw 1980 VH etc.etc. grew apart over the years and you never have that same connect w/anyone else! My thoughts and prayers go out to you, my roth army bro!

Sweet Irony
04-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by frets5150
He got me into Van Halen we used to hangout down by the train tracks listen to DTNA until the tape broke.We were talkin about going to the reunion and were gonna go in 1996 but these guys couldn't get their shit together for it to happen.

RIP Friend....

Im sorry.........that really sucks........and does "VH" even know how not getting their shit together can make an impact on friends...and their lives....:mad:

Take care....it will get better, but never go away...:)

frets5150
04-15-2007, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Sweet Irony
Im sorry.........that really sucks........and does "VH" even know how not getting their shit together can make an impact on friends...and their lives....:mad:

Thanks and no none of them gives to shits.They act like a bunch of 5 year olds

:mad:

SparkieD
04-18-2007, 12:39 AM
Geez, Man. That's terrible. My prayers are with ya as I know how hard it is to lose a friend like that. Hang in there.