PDA

View Full Version : Because They Hate

BigBadBrian
04-12-2007, 08:41 AM
Because They Hate
By Larry Elder
Thursday, April 12, 2007

"Because They Hate: A Survivor of Islamic Terror Warns America," is written by Brigitte Gabriel. This is an edited version of our interview.

Larry Elder: You are of Christian Lebanese descent. When you heard what Rosie O'Donnell said, that Christian extremism is as bad as Islamic extremism, how did you react?

Brigitte Gabriel: Well, I do not know what land she is living in, but I do not recall when the last time I saw a Christian behead anybody on television, or behead somebody and advertise it on the Internet. I do not recall hearing a Christian preach that Muslims are apes and pigs because they are cursed by Jesus, the way that Muslims are teaching that we are apes and pigs. I do not recall the last time a Christian went into an elementary school, hijacked children and started shooting them in the back like the Muslims did in Beslan in Russia when they went into a schoolyard and took over the children and started butchering them and killing them. [Rosie] better be thankful that she is living in America because if she were living in Iran and spoke against her country -- or any Arabic country -- she would be beheaded or actually buried halfway in the ground, to be stoned to death.

Elder: Did you study Islam?

Gabriel: No, I did not study Islam; I lived Islam. I lived in the Middle East. I read the Koran in the Arabic language -- I do not need translation. There is something about living in a place and being an eyewitness and coming from a culture and blowing the whistle on that culture, and that is very different from someone majoring in Islam and living in the Middle East for two months so they can write their thesis.

Elder: You were raised in Lebanon, you were 10 years old and living in southern Lebanon when militant Muslims . . . poured into your country and declared jihad against Lebanese Christians such as yourself.

Gabriel: Yes, my 9/11 happened to me in 1975 when I was a 10-year-old child, living and minding my own business, [in] a small town in south Lebanon. I was an only child to a businessman and his wife. I was blessed with a wonderful childhood . . . they showered me with love and everything life had blessed them with. However, our lives were turned upside down because in 1975, the Muslims declared Holy War on the Christians of Lebanon. My home exploded around me, buried in the rubble, wounded as the perpetrators shouted "Allahu Akbar" [God is great]. My only crime was that I was a Christian living in a Christian town. I learned at 10 years old the meaning of the word "infidel." I had a crash course in survival not in the Girl Scouts, but in the bomb shelter that I lived for seven years of my life in freezing cold, pitch darkness, drinking stale water and eating grass to live. I remember at the age of 13, I dressed in my burial clothes going to bed at night, waiting to be slaughtered. By the age of 20, I had buried most of my friends who were slaughtered by Muslims.

Elder: You call your book a wake-up call. Tell us what the West does not understand about what I call Islamofascism. And, do you think "Islamofascism" is an appropriate term?

Gabriel: Yes, it is an appropriate term. We are fighting Islamofascism, we are fighting a war that is much worse than Nazism, anything we have fought before because even the Nazis did not encourage their children to strap bombs onto their bodies and then rejoice at their deaths, as well as the deaths of their victims. Islamists are encouraging their children to die.

Elder: There are 1.2 billion Muslims in the world. I want you to analyze them by ideology.

Gabriel: Not all of them are radicals. We estimate that the radicals are between 15 and 25 percent; that translates to between 180 and 300 million people like Mohammad Atta who are willing to strap bombs to their bodies and commit martyrdom operations. Now, that is still a minority, 15 to 25 percent, but 300 million Mohammad Attas ready to unleash their blood upon the West. . . . Now, the rest of them . . . despise the West, they hate our westernization, they think we are morally corrupt, that we are corrupting the world, and they think we are such a bad influence on the world that we need to be stopped at any cost. They may not be willing to commit martyrdom operations themselves, but they will sit there and cheer on and rally those who are willing to kill us.

Elder: Are we winning?

Gabriel: No, we are losing.

Next week, part two: seven steps necessary to fight Islamofascism.

Link (http://www.townhall.com/columnists/column.aspx?UrlTitle=because_they_hate&ns=LarryElder&dt=04/12/2007&page=full&comments=true)

Steve Savicki
04-18-2007, 10:44 AM
I think the rest of the world hates because of what is going on:
<center>http://ads.sup.com/138_262_691ee7fa2fda0bfbf02aaf018213534d.gif</center>

knuckleboner
04-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Because They Hate
By Larry Elder
Thursday, April 12, 2007

Now, the rest of them . . . despise the West, they hate our westernization, they think we are morally corrupt, that we are corrupting the world, and they think we are such a bad influence on the world that we need to be stopped at any cost.

geez...they always get this wrong.

it's simple:

"islamofacisits" or "extemists" or whatever we want to call them, hate the west because the west interfers with their region.

amsterdam, quite clearly a much more immoral society (well, at least based upon strict religious morals) and yet it has never been a target of the extemists except when the dutch published a picture of mohammed. why?

and, if i remember correctly, osama bin laden actually offered a truce to the west if they would get out of the region.

i won't dispute that the leaders indoctrinate the masses with a hatred. but the leaders' goals are hegemonic control of their region. and if the west truly did pull completely out of the middle east (which i do not advocate) then the leaders would stop demonizing the west. they'd focus on israel and egypt and saudi arabia.

at the end of the day, the extemist grunts might still hate the west, but without any clear direction from their leaders, they're not really doing anything about it.

jero
04-18-2007, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner

amsterdam, quite clearly a much more immoral society (well, at least based upon strict religious morals) and yet it has never been a target of the extemists except when the dutch published a picture of mohammed. why?

Dude, give me a fucking break! Theo van Gogh was murdered because of his opinion on the islam. Geert Wilders (a politician) has 24/7 security because of the islam, large parts of big city's here in Holland are terrorised by Islamic youth. And you know what they do with their first big stolen money when they are 18??? They buy a BMW, because they hate the west. If they hated the west so much they should buy a Camel. FUCK THE ISLAM!!! EVERYWHERE!!!

Ellyllions
04-18-2007, 12:51 PM
I can't see how we're ever supposed to get along. Honestly.

I can't speak for any other country, but as far as the US is concerned...how are we supposed to respect their beliefs and keep a seperation of church and state?

They're daily lives are governed by their religious laws. Just this week, cabbies in MN (I think) are having to be forced to pick up passengers from the airport. They've been refusing people who have service animals or alcohol because they say it's against their religious laws to transport them.

FORD
04-18-2007, 01:14 PM
I was hoping this one would sink to the bottom where it belongs, but since it didn't.....

Brigitte Gabriel is Anndrew Coulter with a Lebanese accent. Though I assume she's actually female, unlike Coulter.

She has appeared often on the 700 Club, and the even more delusional John Hagee show ranting about "islamofascism" and other unchristianzionfascist talking points.

She is about as "Christian" as Fred Phelps and every bit as hateful.

A completely delusional basket case not worthy of even the two minutes of attention I just gave her.

FORD
04-18-2007, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by jero
Dude, give me a fucking break! Theo van Gogh was murdered because of his opinion on the islam. Geert Wilders (a politician) has 24/7 security because of the islam, large parts of big city's here in Holland are terrorised by Islamic youth. And you know what they do with their first big stolen money when they are 18??? They buy a BMW, because they hate the west. If they hated the west so much they should buy a Camel. FUCK THE ISLAM!!! EVERYWHERE!!!

Yeah, fuck 1.3 billion people because of the actions of a few assholes. That makes a lot of sense.

Should we say "FUCK THE DUTCH" because of that Pandafucking shit for brains who used to spam this board, or the Van Heineken brothers?

Should we say "FUCK THE KOREANS" because some little psychopath happened to live in a state where background checks to buy a gun are a joke?

Should we say "FUCK AMERICA" because of the psychopathic criminals in our executive branch??

This sterotyping and generalization solves nothing.

jero
04-18-2007, 01:30 PM
Well Ford, if there were no Van Heineken brothers, where would you post 18.88 a day?
Forget about it, and fuck those religious assholes who try to ruin it for everybody

knuckleboner
04-18-2007, 02:05 PM

a) i didn't mean to imply that amsterdam is immoral.

b) one dude getting murdered is tragic. but it's not a concerted attack, like the spanish train bombings, the london subway bombings, the bali nightclub bombings, the tokyo subway gassings, etc. individuals living in holland may be making some attacks.

but my point is that if this article was actually accurate, that the extremists were really after punishing the west for being "morally corrupt" areas like amsteradam would be much higher targets. or monte carlo. yet those aren't the highest priority targets for the extremist GROUPS.

and i think it seems relatively clear that the extremist groups are more concerned with controlling (oppressing, perhaps) the middle eastern region.

jero
04-18-2007, 02:55 PM
a) Amsterdam is immoral, that's why it's famous and why people love it! You would :)
b) It's just around the corner, we'll wait for it. It can be here any second.
My point is, everywhere those guys are, it's trouble. If you don't like it in the Western part of the world, please get the fuck out!

Nitro Express
04-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Yeah. I guess we shouldn't have gone to war with Nazi Germany because it was only a few extremists running a big country of 60 million people.

Yeah. How much damage could a few brownshirts and SS men do?

Nickdfresh
04-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Yeah. I guess we shouldn't have gone to war with Nazi Germany because it was only a few extremists running a big country of 60 million people.

Yeah. How much damage could a few brownshirts and SS men do?

And the Republic of Islamofascia is where again?

FORD
04-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Crawford Texas.

Nickdfresh
04-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Bullseye!:D

ODShowtime
04-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Ellyllions
I can't see how we're ever supposed to get along. Honestly.

They've been refusing people who have service animals or alcohol because they say it's against their religious laws to transport them.

This is where I draw the line. Anyone who refuses to serve or transport your booze because of islam needs to get his ass beat!

People should not be coming in here and imposing their beliefs on others. Same with the pharmacists who won't dole out certain drugs that are against their morals. It's bullshit.

flatbroke
04-18-2007, 08:06 PM
The author of this article Daniel Pipes is anything but a facist right wing conservative.

I think that his piece is spot on about the issue of radical vs. moderate muslims. We should be doing more to strengthen the moderates, while stop being in denial about the radicals.

http://www.meforum.org/article/pipes/4426

Even a "small percentage" of a billion plus folks is too much to ignore.

Nitro Express
04-18-2007, 09:08 PM

Everything between Morrocco and Indonesia. Our plutonium powered deathray satelights will take care of them soon enough.

Nitro Express
04-18-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
This is where I draw the line. Anyone who refuses to serve or transport your booze because of islam needs to get his ass beat!

People should not be coming in here and imposing their beliefs on others. Same with the pharmacists who won't dole out certain drugs that are against their morals. It's bullshit.

I was turning the other cheek like Jesus told us to do but then Habib refused to give me a ride because I was carrying a six pack of Samual Adams. Now I want to drink the blood of every man, woman, and child that belongs to his religion.

FORD
04-18-2007, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by flatbroke
The author of this article Daniel Pipes is anything but a facist right wing conservative.

Daniel "Crack" Pipes is one of the most venomous neocon Nazi Zionfascists on the planet. He advocates the literal genocide of Muslims, and that is NO exaggeration.

jhale667
04-18-2007, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Daniel "Crack" Pipes is one of the most venomous neocon Nazi Zionfascists on the planet. He advocates the literal genocide of Muslims, and that is NO exaggeration.

OK, genocide = BAD. But I'm all for "thinning the (Islamofascist) herd" as it were...:rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
04-18-2007, 09:47 PM
The truth is --there are very few actual "Islamofascists," barely enough to constitute a herd...

Evidence abounds.

BITEYOASS
04-18-2007, 10:09 PM
My main problem is the muslims who don't adapt. Now I'm not saying to kill em all; there can be a solution in varying degrees. The most drastic would be death on those who muder and least drastic would be to deport em to that shitty province in Pakistan that borders Afghanistan. Then if they still want to start shit, kill em' there.

FORD
04-18-2007, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
My main problem is the muslims who don't adapt. Now I'm not saying to kill em all; there can be a solution in varying degrees. The most drastic would be death on those who muder and least drastic would be to deport em to that shitty province in Pakistan that borders Afghanistan. Then if they still want to start shit, kill em' there.

The problem with putting them in that shitty province of Pakistan is when Musharraf goes down - and like any military dictator he eventually will - then you would have a real potential of some genuinely crazy fuckers with actual access to nuclear weapons (as opposed to the fairy tales that the BCE spins now to attempt keeping the US population in fear.)

Maybe they should go into the western (Muslim) provinces of China. And if the Chinese don't want them and decide to kill them, well... at least they have the ground troops to do it.

jhale667
04-19-2007, 01:01 AM
The truth is --there are very few actual "Islamofascists," barely enough to constitute a herd...

Evidence abounds.

Maybe they'll eventually blow ALL themselves up...:rolleyes:

BITEYOASS
04-19-2007, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by FORD
The problem with putting them in that shitty province of Pakistan is when Musharraf goes down - and like any military dictator he eventually will - then you would have a real potential of some genuinely crazy fuckers with actual access to nuclear weapons (as opposed to the fairy tales that the BCE spins now to attempt keeping the US population in fear.)

Maybe they should go into the western (Muslim) provinces of China. And if the Chinese don't want them and decide to kill them, well... at least they have the ground troops to do it.

Good point! Communist China has a good track record of suppressing fanatics. Especially with the horde of an Army they have.

Steve Savicki
04-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
I think the rest of the world hates because of what is going on:
<center>http://ads.sup.com/138_262_691ee7fa2fda0bfbf02aaf018213534d.gif</center>

<center>(image from Russia now gone)</center>

hideyoursheep
04-22-2007, 03:15 PM
a) Amsterdam is immoral, that's why it's famous and why people love it! You would :)
b) It's just around the corner, we'll wait for it. It can be here any second.
My point is, everywhere those guys are, it's trouble. If you don't like it in the Western part of the world, please get the fuck out!

If your country lets them in, it's your baby....

Dirty diapers, crying and all.

BigBadBrian
04-22-2007, 04:00 PM

Evidence abounds.

Let's see it.

Nickdfresh
04-22-2007, 05:01 PM
Let's see it.

Okay, where are they?

BigBadBrian
04-22-2007, 05:35 PM
Okay, where are they?

Iraq, Afghanistan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Yemen, etc., etc.

BTW - try to determine what an Islamofascist is before you deny their existence.

:gulp:

FORD
04-22-2007, 05:58 PM

BTW - try to determine what an Christofascist is before you deny their existence.

Nickdfresh
04-22-2007, 06:19 PM
Iraq, Afghanistan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Yemen, etc., etc.

BTW - try to determine what an Islamofascist is before you deny their existence.

:gulp:

Which ones?

Define what an "Islamofascist" is dick, then get back to me...

And why do we support Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and Jordan then?

BTW, what do you drive and where do you get your gas from?