PDA

View Full Version : Theres a Reason Why Ozzfest is Free...

Unchainme
04-13-2007, 06:13 PM
2007:

Main Stage

Ozzy Osbourne, Lamb Of God, Lordi

Second Stage

Hatebreed, Behemoth, Nick Oliveri and the Mondo Generator,

Second Stage (Rotating Slots)

Nile, Ankla, Circus Diablo, The Showdown, DAATH, 3 Inches of Blood, In This Moment, Chthonic

* TOUR DATES:

DATE DAY VENUE

07/12/2007 THU Cow Shit Stink Hole, Auburn, WA

07/14/2007 SAT The Gorge, George, WA

07/17/2007 TUE Sleep Train Amphitheatre, Sacramento, CA

07/19/2007 THU Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, CA

07/21/2007 SAT Hyundai Pavilion, Devore, CA

07/24/2007 TUE Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ

07/26/2007 THU Journal Pavilion, Albuquerque, NM

07/28/2007 SAT Coors Amphitheatre, Denver, CO

07/30/2007 MON Verizon Wireless Amphitheater, Kansas City, MO

08/02/2007 THU Smirnoff Music Center, Dallas, TX

08/04/2007 SAT Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, San Antonio, TX

08/06/2007 MON Verizon Wireless Amphitheater, St. Louis, MO

08/08/2007 WED Germain Amphitheatre, Columbus, OH

08/10/2007 FRI First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre, Tinley Park, IL

08/12/2007 SUN Alpine Valley Music Theatre, East Troy, WI

08/14/2007 TUE Verizon Wireless Music Theatre, Indianapolis, IN

08/16/2007 THU PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ

08/18/2007 SAT New England Dodge Music Theatre, Hartford, CT

08/20/2007 MON Tweeter Center, Boston, MA

08/22/2007 WED Tweeter Center, Philadelphia, PA

08/24/2007 FRI Post Gazette Pavilion, Pittsburgh, PA

08/26/2007 SUN DTE Energy Music Theatre, Detroit, MI

08/28/2007 TUE Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Charlotte, NC

08/30/2007 THU Sound Advice Amphitheatre, West Palm Beach, FL

Give me some real Metal instead of this shit...:rolleyes:

bueno bob
04-13-2007, 07:48 PM
Yeah...can't say I'm going...

cMb
04-13-2007, 08:22 PM
I won't be going either, mainly because it isn't playing anywhere near here. I may go if it didn't require hours of travel.

I'm still not sure if this is the ultimate 'corporate sell-out' or a step towards a more 'fan friendly' touring model.

Maybe a little of both?

Who knows, but it definitely needs another big name on the ticket.

bueno bob
04-13-2007, 08:36 PM
It's just a way to get you pay $16 for a water, instead of $10...

After the Iron Maiden incident, I wouldn't step foot inside of an Ozzfest if Sharon personally fucking paid me to go...

jharp84
04-13-2007, 08:43 PM
FUCK SHARON CUNT! BUT WHICH STAGE IS SANJAYAYYYY VH WOLGAAANG ON???

cMb
04-13-2007, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
After the Iron Maiden incident, I wouldn't step foot inside of an Ozzfest if Sharon personally fucking paid me to go...

Yeah, that was pretty fucked, but, Bruce Dickheadson snubbed me for an autograph back during the 'World Piece' tour, so I can't say I really disagree with $haron on that one.

I think they are both a couple a cunts, but I still love Maiden tho...

Loons The Great
04-13-2007, 11:59 PM
Nick Oliveri and the Mondo Generator--this band rocks y'all!! Former bass player of QOTSA!! Hell Yeah!! Evil mofo!

DavidLeeNatra
04-14-2007, 07:46 AM
It's just a way to get you pay $16 for a water, instead of $10...

amen

binnie
04-14-2007, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Loons The Great
Nick Oliveri and the Mondo Generator--this band rocks y'all!! Former bass player of QOTSA!! Hell Yeah!! Evil mofo!

Yep, pretty decent band.

Lamb of God is also a good band, their last album raised the bar for extreme music. Still, if you don't like cookie-monsters it's not for you.

I also dig the straight up hardcore from Hatebreed.

Having said that, there's really not much on offer there. I'm sure more bands will be confirmed for the main stage, right?

Binky
04-18-2007, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by cMb
Yeah, that was pretty fucked, but, Bruce Dickheadson snubbed me for an autograph back during the 'World Piece' tour, so I can't say I really disagree with $haron on that one.

I think they are both a couple a cunts, but I still love Maiden tho...

Tut tut, bitter fool. So you're more pissed at Bruce for not giving a wee autograph than Sharon trying to fuck up a band slot? Small dick syndrome. *^_^* \m/

And that's five stars for Bob for stating some genious. Y' see, I've seen Lordi and I like them, as cheesy as they are, but meh. Belgium is the place to be (or Germany), I've booked me National Express tickets for June and I got an ace deal. But still, Sharon has lost it but sadly some kids will still go because they haven't matured their tastes yet. *^_^* \m/

sadaist
04-18-2007, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by binnie

Having said that, there's really not much on offer there. I'm sure more bands will be confirmed for the main stage, right?

Rocklahoma is going to put the wood to Ozzfest. Although they should really call it Mullet Stock 2007.

cMb
04-18-2007, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Binky
Tut tut, bitter fool. So you're more pissed at Bruce for not giving a wee autograph than Sharon trying to fuck up a band slot? Small dick syndrome. *^_^* \m/

Um, are you saying I have 'Small dick syndrome'? What does that have to do with anything?

If you are a Dickheadson fan, than more power to you, but perhaps you should STFU instead of commenting on things you know nothing about. Fuckin' Binky.

It's not just $haron & I calling this douchebag out for being an arrogant asshat... Thats been going on for years.

The jerk-off decided to shit where he eats, & he took some eggs to the chin for it.
Fuck 'em.

but sadly some kids will still go because they haven't matured their tastes yet
Oh, tut-tut, pompous fool. Maybe someday the metal community will catch up with your superior musical intillect. :rolleyes:

bueno bob
04-19-2007, 02:55 AM
Well, everybody has off days. Bruce was a class act when I met him, and seemed very genuinely happy to sign my shit (some Maiden stuff and **gasp** my Skunkworks CD).

In regards to Bruce's rants at Ozzfest, well...what are ya gonna do? Maiden was blowing Ozzy & Sabbath off the stage night after night, and I personally agree with everything Bruce said. Ozzy has become a fucking MTV joke, his music has been shit for at least fifteen years straight, and he's turned into a mockery of himself, a puppet controlled by $haron Osbourne Inc. Maiden's still kicking ass in ways Ozzy will never dream of again.

Was Bruce right in publically saying so? Well, I suppose he probably figured he was upstaging Ozzy at $haron's expense...it's a two edged sword - if you're opening and NOT trying to blow your headliner off the stage, you're not doing your job as a frontman...but cMb's right also in the fact that you probably shouldn't shit where you eat.

Still - $haron's actions (cutting their power, egging them, etc) were unprofessional to the utmost and REEKED of a desperation move. I'm sure $haron likes to gloat over it, but she may as well have spit in the wind for all the good it did her.

The right thing to have done would be to talk to Bruce/Maiden backstage and say "OK, here's what's going on, this is what's acceptable and this is what's not, this is what we'd like to see happening", etc. If the problem continued, then they should have been asked to leave or removed from the tour due to "scheduling conflicts" or some such thing.

But, whatever...fuck, it's old news anyway...the fallout from the egging incident added up to Maiden's strongest album in years, debuts in the U.S. Billboard top 20, and goes out on a monsterously succesful tour to back it up - $haron still looks like a cunt (which she has for years) and Ozzy will be lucky if "Black Rain" moves as many copies as "Down to Earth" did considering his albums have been glued to store shelves since '91.

So...

BITEYOASS
04-19-2007, 09:59 AM
On a side note: Is it me or does Ozzy sound like Carole Channing when he sing "Back on Earth"?

BruinJer
04-19-2007, 12:10 PM
That makes it official... I'm out !

bueno bob
04-19-2007, 12:26 PM
We've all got Heaven and Hell to catch this summer anyway...I'd pay for that over Ozzfest for free any day of the week...three times on Sunday...

BruinJer
04-19-2007, 01:48 PM
We've all got Heaven and Hell to catch this summer anyway...I'd pay for that over Ozzfest for free any day of the week...three times on Sunday...

you damn straight!!! I have a date with Ronnie Dio & the boys on Wednesday...

cMb
04-19-2007, 06:26 PM
Well, everybody has off days. Bruce was a class act when I met him, and seemed very genuinely happy to sign my shit (some Maiden stuff and **gasp** my Skunkworks CD).

Yes, everybody has off days. The instance I am referring to was not a case of 'not enough time' or 'too much hassle'. There was maybe 10 of us behind a barricade about 20 feet away & Brucie was sitting on the steps of the tour bus for about 15-20 minutes. He had this gay-ass hat on where if you pulled a string, some antlers on the hat would wave back & forth. Jacko sat there & waved his antlers at us off and on for about 15-20 minutes before getting on the bus. Again, there was only a handful of us & he could have been cool & signed a couple of autographs & chatted for a few minutes, but apparently none of us was cute enough to warrant the swordsman's attention.

Now, I met Lars, who most will call an asshole, backstage (Black tour) who was eating & was flanked on either side by about 15 girls & he managed to scribble his name on my ticket stub. So who's the real asshole here?

In regards to Bruce's rants at Ozzfest, well...what are ya gonna do?

Um, how about show some respect to the people who made your tour possible? I'm not just talking about Ozzy here either. During the entire Ozzfest run he disrespected the US, Ozzfest & Ozzy. Apparently, he wasn't always particularly nice to audience members either, in one instance giving a fan shit for smoking a joint! WTF!

Maiden was blowing Ozzy & Sabbath off the stage night after night,

Maybe, maybe not. I wasn't there, but I can't imagine an instance where I would rather see Maiden than an Ozzy/Dio fronted Sabbath. This is a matter of opinion/taste.

and I personally agree with everything Bruce said. Ozzy has become a fucking MTV joke, his music has been shit for at least fifteen years straight, and he's turned into a mockery of himself, a puppet controlled by $haron Osbourne Inc. Maiden's still kicking ass in ways Ozzy will never dream of again.

Like it or not, Ozzy & Ozzfest have done more for heavy metal in the last 15 years than Maiden has. Just look at the list of bands who have been on that bill. It's staggering the amount of amazing music they have brought out on tour. Many bands becoming huge after the tour as well.
What has Maiden done? A couple good albums? Hmmmm...

I don't care for most of Ozzy's music for the past who-knows-how-long either. But let's not gloss over Maiden's career here.

Is there more Maiden albums or action figures at this point?

Greatest hits? Re-Re-Re-lease of the remaster of the umpteenth Live/Dead One album?

C'mon, dude. These guys are just as much 'about the money' as $haron or even Gene $immons at this point. Fuck, why else would they whore their asses out to the Ozzfest machine in the first place?

Was Bruce right in publically saying so?

No way, not under any circumstance. Act like a professional... what he did was instigate & bait. If you don't like it, wait until you're done cashing the checks & then bitch about it. Don't try to upstage Sabbath on their own stage. Period.

Well, I suppose he probably figured he was upstaging Ozzy at $haron's expense...it's a two edged sword - if you're opening and NOT trying to blow your headliner off the stage, you're not doing your job as a frontman...

Talking shit about the person signing your checks isn't trying to 'blow the headliner off stage'

Still - $haron's actions (cutting their power, egging them, etc) were unprofessional to the utmost and REEKED of a desperation move. I'm sure $haron likes to gloat over it, but she may as well have spit in the wind for all the good it did her.

Was it really THAT BAD? Big deal, the power got cut for a few seconds & a couple eggs were lobbed. It was pretty stupid, but it doesn't seem to be a major crime.

The right thing to have done would be to talk to Bruce/Maiden backstage and say "OK, here's what's going on, this is what's acceptable and this is what's not, this is what we'd like to see happening", etc. If the problem continued, then they should have been asked to leave or removed from the tour due to "scheduling conflicts" or some such thing.

Yeah, this sounds about right. It prolly woulda cost both parties too much $$$ to not have them on the tour.

Maiden was one of those 'life changing' groups for me in the early 80's (much like VH), but they will never be on the level of Sabbath, IMO, & I still think 'Blizzard' & 'Diary' are metal masterpieces.

Also, Heaven & Hell is the tour of the year, hands down.:cool:
Shoulda, woulda, coulda been VH, tho...

Peace, Bro.

ODShowtime
04-19-2007, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Loons The Great

Thanks, I knew I recognized that name, but I couldn't place it. That guy's a nut.

BITEYOASS
04-20-2007, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Unchainme
2007:

Main Stage

Ozzy Osbourne, Lamb Of God, Lordi

Oh shit! Lordi is gonna be in the states FUCK YEAH!!!!! HARD ROCK HALLELULAH!!!!!

Coyote
04-20-2007, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
Oh shit! Lordi is gonna be in the states FUCK YEAH!!!!! HARD ROCK HALLELULAH!!!!!

http://www.keithm.utvinternet.com/images/lordi.JPG

bueno bob
04-20-2007, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Coyote
http://www.keithm.utvinternet.com/images/lordi.JPG

Gwar-lite?

:confused:

Coyote
04-20-2007, 03:57 PM
Gwar-lite?

:confused: