PDA

View Full Version : The San Diego Chargers

POJO_Risin
04-30-2004, 05:31 PM
Look...they are more than likely going to end up with two picks in the top five next year...

1. The Giants will suck...Collins is gone...Manning will get hammered...and Strahan is bitching...

2. The Chargers will suck...lmfao...and Schott will be gone...lmfao...and the guy that homo Manning doesn't want to play for will be gone...dumbass...

anyways...LT...Rivers...and two number 1's next year...damn...

DLRismydad
04-30-2004, 07:48 PM
yeah go chargers. Im definalty a fan can't wait for next year. I think Rivers will turn out better than manning although ill probably end up being wrong on that one.

POJO_Risin
04-30-2004, 11:48 PM
Well...it will all depend on the line...Rivers has a quick release...and good football sense...but their line is fucking attrocious...and they have no weapons...other than LT...no way that guy should be catching nearly 100 passes a year...

ALinChainz
05-01-2004, 12:12 AM
They are in dire need of wide receivers. They were WITH Boston, let alone now that he's gone.

With that line, Tomlinson must be doing most of it on his own.

Very similar to the Lions, how can you get good QB play when you have no help for the guy. And at least Rivers will have LT.

They need to get him some help.

POJO_Risin
05-01-2004, 12:13 AM
Well...next year they'll have two top ten picks...more than likely...

to take a receiver and a lineman...or two receivers...or even two lineman...

lmfao...they'll probably draft a qb...

ALinChainz
05-01-2004, 12:17 AM
lol... or a back to "compliment" Tomlinson.

Like to see them get back to the Air Coryell days, that was some good shit.

POJO_Risin
05-01-2004, 12:23 AM
John Jefferson, Charlie Joyner, Chuck Muncie (was it muncie?...or another back), Kellon Winslow...and Fouts...it was mayhem...

there was another receiver there as well...I can't remember...

ALinChainz
05-01-2004, 12:35 AM
You got it right bro, Chuck Muncie. Played with the Saints before that and teamed with fullback Tony Galbreath to form the "Thunder and Lightning" backfield.

Wes Chandler joined the Chargers after Jefferson, and he has some big years there. If Winslow's kid is half the receiver his dad was, look out.

POJO_Risin
05-01-2004, 12:46 AM
Wasn't Chandler there WITH JJ for a bit?

POJO_Risin
05-01-2004, 12:49 AM
Now that you mention it..I think Chandler started off with New Orleans...while JJ was with the Chargers...

Jefferson left the Chargers early in his career...and was never the same again...

ALinChainz
05-01-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Now that you mention it..I think Chandler started off with New Orleans...while JJ was with the Chargers...

Jefferson left the Chargers early in his career...and was never the same again...

You got it right.

Chandler and JJ both began in '78. It was Chandler they got to replace him, and though never the big stud receiver again, JJ did have some success in Green Bay for a stretch before ending it with Cleveland in '85.

Sarge
05-01-2004, 07:51 AM
The chargers will never be any good because they don't have decent owners that are willing to dish out the money for preminum players

ALinChainz
05-01-2004, 11:36 AM
And when they do, or when they THINK they are, like Marcellus Wiley and David Boston, they get burned.

Stadium issues too, gotta put asses in the seats, it will still be a long road for them.

POJO_Risin
05-01-2004, 12:51 PM
Well...I don't think Schottenheimer is the answer...but they are far from being a good team...

no receivers...no line...a weak defense...

The need to go out on the market and pick up one of those big three qb's this year...and they need to pick up a receiver...

just to be serviceable this year...