PDA

View Full Version : Return of the "worst" threads.

Mr. Vengeance
04-14-2007, 07:58 PM
Binnie suggested a while back that Aerosmith should be the next band.

The rules are simple- what's the worst album put out by an otherwise great band. Doesn't have to be a bad album, just not as good as the rest of the catalogue.

This one's easy for me....I really can't find more than a couple of good songs on Just Push Play. Bad album. Ballads. Horrible album cover.

Mr Badguy
04-14-2007, 08:06 PM
"Nine lives" for me.

I remember first hearing it and thinking that it was a total rehash, kinda Aerosmith-by-numbers.

There were a few good things like "Crash", "Something`s gotta give" and "The farm" but stuff like "Full circle" and "Taste of India" sucked.

It was too damn long as well.

fe_lung
04-14-2007, 08:45 PM
Does Rock In A Hard Place count as a true Aerosmith album?

Otherwise Done with mirrors. Though to be fair, I stopeed listening after Pump.

Mr. Vengeance
04-14-2007, 09:07 PM
They all count. Rock in a Hard Place actually delivered the goods, IMO. Done with Mirrors was good too.

cMb
04-14-2007, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by fe_lung
Though to be fair, I stopped listening after Pump.

I stopped after 'Pump', too. So that gets my vote.

I love 'Rock In A Hard Place' & 'Mirrors' too.

HeHe... The 'Lightning Strikes vid, with all the melons gettin' busted up... great stuff!

Terry
04-14-2007, 10:48 PM
Yeah, I'd agree that Rock In A Hard Place and Done With Mirrors were pretty good albums...

I'd also agree Pump was the last album I liked.

Kinda hard to rate which 'Smith album after Pump sucked the most. I suppose one can try to grade various bits of poo, but they're still all pieces of shit in the end.

Diamondjimi
04-15-2007, 12:44 PM
Done with mirrors always seems to get dumped on. I actually enjoy it. "My fist your face" , "Let the Music do the talking" (J.P. solo tune) rock. 90% of their post "comeback" stuff is fromage.

I think their best album in 30 years was "Honkin on Bobo"......

For a bunch of 50+ dudes they can still play rings around many of todays bands....

Shaun Ponsonby
04-16-2007, 09:31 AM
Any album that they made in the "ballad" era.

SilvioDante
04-16-2007, 11:22 AM
"Get a Grip" sucked...

After that I couldn't tell you.

Wawazat
04-16-2007, 12:06 PM
I really like parts of Pump, Get a Grip & Nine Lives.

In descending order.

Just Push Play is crap from a - z awful.

chi-town324
04-21-2007, 11:55 PM
yea just push play blows!

binnie
04-22-2007, 12:37 PM
Just Push Play, the attempts to update the sound were just a bad idea...

Anything post Night in the Ruts is no longer vintage Aerosmith to these ears, although I am actually a fan of Rock in a Hard Place, which puts me in the minority I guess.

Glad these threads are coming back Mr. V...

binnie
04-23-2007, 02:37 AM
Having said that, I really like "Beyond Beautiful". But I much prefer the version on the live album from Las Vegas to the one on the studio record.

binnie
04-23-2007, 02:38 AM
Good to see that there's some love for Done with Mirrors out there, but what do people think of Permanent Vacation?

That record always makes me feeling unfulfilled, there's just not enough magic on it...

Terry
04-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by binnie
Just Push Play, the attempts to update the sound were just a bad idea...

Anything post Night in the Ruts is no longer vintage Aerosmith to these ears, although I am actually a fan of Rock in a Hard Place, which puts me in the minority I guess.

Glad these threads are coming back Mr. V...

I totally dug Rock In A Hard Place, so you're not alone there...

RIAHP is miles above pretty much anything post-Done With Mirrors, although I still think Pump was a brilliant album.

cMb
04-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by binnie
Good to see that there's some love for Done with Mirrors out there, but what do people think of Permanent Vacation?

That record always makes me feeling unfulfilled, there's just not enough magic on it...

Agreed!

PV was the beginning of the end.

binnie
04-24-2007, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Terry
I totally dug Rock In A Hard Place, so you're not alone there...

RIAHP is miles above pretty much anything post-Done With Mirrors, although I still think Pump was a brilliant album.

Pump was a brilliant album, but not in the same way that the claasic Aerosmith records were.

They sounded more polished: Pump was like a brand new Ferrari and the older records were like a vintage Mustang.

Both brilliant, but in different ways. Don't think that Pump will age as well though...