PDA

View Full Version : McCain Backs Gun Rights After Shootings

BigBadBrian
04-17-2007, 08:02 AM
McCain Backs Gun Rights After Shootings

Apr 16 08:42 PM US/Eastern
By ELIZABETH WHITE
Associated Press Writer

LAREDO, Texas (AP) - Sen. John McCain says the shooting rampage at Virginia Tech does not change his view that the Constitution guarantees everyone the right to carry a weapon.
"We have to look at what happened here, but it doesn't change my views on the Second Amendment, except to make sure that these kinds of weapons don't fall into the hands of bad people," McCain said Monday in response to a question.

The Arizona Republican, who was campaigning in this Texas-Mexico border city, said he didn't know the details of the attacks at Virginia Tech.

"I do believe in the constitutional right that everyone has, in the Second Amendment to the Constitution, to carry a weapon," he said. "Obviously we have to keep guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens."

McCain and other presidential hopefuls issued statements expressing shock and grief over the attacks.

"As a parent, I am filled with sorrow for the mothers and fathers and loved ones struggling with the sudden, unbearable news of a lost son or daughter, friend or family member," read a statement by Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y.

Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, a Republican, called it a "day of national tragedy, when we lost some of our finest to a senseless act."

Democratic candidate John Edwards said in a statement: "We are simply heartbroken by the deaths and injuries suffered at Virginia Tech. We know what an unspeakable, life-changing moment this is for these families and how, in this moment, it is hard to feel anything but overwhelming grief, much less the love and support around you. But the love and support is there."

Republican candidate Mitt Romney said: "The entire nation grieves for the victims of this terrible tragedy that took place today on the campus of Virginia Tech. Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims, their families and the entire Virginia Tech community. Our full support is behind the law enforcement officials who are involved with stabilizing the situation and conducting an investigation."

Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., said the nation is mourning the dead and praying for their families and for the wounded.

"Today, we are a grieving and shocked nation. Violence has once again taken too many young people from this world."

Link (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8OI1GEO0&show_article=1&catnum=3)

knuckleboner
04-17-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

"We have to look at what happened here, but it doesn't change my views on the Second Amendment, except to make sure that these kinds of weapons don't fall into the hands of bad people," McCain said

ok, senator. then how about a ballistics registry? every gun sold has it's ballistics signature put on record that's linked to the buyer. whenever the buyer sells/gives away the gun, he and the seller register the change.

make it a misdemeanor to intentionally refuse to update the registry when your gun is either sold, given away or stolen. if somebody steals your gun, you simply report it as stolen. easily done.

the real problem isn't the majority of lawful gun owners. but at some point in time, the guns used by people who shouldn't have them were legally bought. then somehow, they ended up in improper hands. like this guy at virginia tech. almost certainly (especially with the serial numbers removed as is being reported) this guy obtained illegal weapons. how?

bob might've legally bought the guns new. maybe bob sold them to bill. maybe bill gave them to his daughter ann. perhaps ann loaned them to nick. maybe somebody stole them from nick and sold them to the shooter. ok, nothing we could've done to prevent.

but, you know that not all illegally obtained weapons were stolen. maybe ann, who had legal possession of them sold them to a pawnshop and the pawnshop sold them to someone without doing a check. in that case, let's at least charge the pawnshop owner with something, like improper disposal of a firearm.

perhaps we don't want to infringe the rights of legal gun owners. fine, nothing stopping them from owning their guns. instead, let's try to discourage any illegal gun sales/exchanges, so that the outlaws have a tougher time obtaining one.

FORD
04-17-2007, 12:36 PM
OK, I've heard on the radio today that Virginia has some of the "most liberal gun laws in the country", but no explanation of what exactly they are.

Would either of you care to elaborate on this matter?

For the record, the fact that this motherfucker wasn't even a US citizen should have been the end of the matter. No citizenship, no guns, period. And if this guy had any sort of documented mental illness, even more so. (That includes membership in the Moonification church, as far as I'm concerned)

I'm assuming he did not have a criminal record, or else they would have been able to ID him sooner, with fingerprints on file.

scamper
04-17-2007, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by FORD
OK, I've heard on the radio today that Virginia has some of the "most liberal gun laws in the country", but no explanation of what exactly they are.

Would either of you care to elaborate on this matter?

For the record, the fact that this motherfucker wasn't even a US citizen should have been the end of the matter. No citizenship, no guns, period. And if this guy had any sort of documented mental illness, even more so. (That includes membership in the Moonification church, as far as I'm concerned)

I'm assuming he did not have a criminal record, or else they would have been able to ID him sooner, with fingerprints on file.

Did anyone say that he bought the guns legally?

Guitar Shark
04-17-2007, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
ok, senator. then how about a ballistics registry? every gun sold has it's ballistics signature put on record that's linked to the buyer. whenever the buyer sells/gives away the gun, he and the seller register the change.

make it a misdemeanor to intentionally refuse to update the registry when your gun is either sold, given away or stolen. if somebody steals your gun, you simply report it as stolen. easily done.

the real problem isn't the majority of lawful gun owners. but at some point in time, the guns used by people who shouldn't have them were legally bought. then somehow, they ended up in improper hands. like this guy at virginia tech. almost certainly (especially with the serial numbers removed as is being reported) this guy obtained illegal weapons. how?

bob might've legally bought the guns new. maybe bob sold them to bill. maybe bill gave them to his daughter ann. perhaps ann loaned them to nick. maybe somebody stole them from nick and sold them to the shooter. ok, nothing we could've done to prevent.

but, you know that not all illegally obtained weapons were stolen. maybe ann, who had legal possession of them sold them to a pawnshop and the pawnshop sold them to someone without doing a check. in that case, let's at least charge the pawnshop owner with something, like improper disposal of a firearm.

perhaps we don't want to infringe the rights of legal gun owners. fine, nothing stopping them from owning their guns. instead, let's try to discourage any illegal gun sales/exchanges, so that the outlaws have a tougher time obtaining one.

Good post... I agree.

BigBadBrian
04-17-2007, 02:20 PM

Or if you're a left-wing Moonbat.

http://www.sinistercinema.com/Images/ImageManager/MOONBAT-LOGO.jpg

knuckleboner
04-17-2007, 02:24 PM
FORD, first off, i'm TOTALLY guessing at this, but it looks like the guy at virginia tech obtained the weapons illegally. (the serial numbers on the guns were apparently filed off.)

my understanding is that it's not overly difficult to obtain a gun in virginia, although they will review criminal, mental illness checks before selling them.

my concern at this point, isn't so much with the easy sale (well, ok, i may disagree with the 1 gun a month thing and the open carry laws, right to carry weapons into police stations, mental illness buildings, teen rec-centers, etc.)

but in this instance, my main concern is the way i assume it is throughout the country:

we can usually trace guns back to the original owner, but i want to put some pressure on people not to let legal guns get in the hands of illegal people. when we recover a gun used in a crime, we should find out where that gun came from. if the owner was the criminal, so be it. but if the owner sold it for cash to somebody on the street, then i want the owner charged with something, to discourage illegal transfer of guns wherever possible.

Switch84
04-17-2007, 02:30 PM
The guns were obtained legally by Mr. Seung-Hui. I'll post the AP article that reported it. He was a legal resident alien and had no criminal record, which is why he was allowed to purchase the weapons.

Who Was Cho Seung-Hui?

By BEVERLEY LUMPKIN
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON -- The Virginia Tech student identified as the assailant in Monday's deadly gun rampage was a South Korean immigrant who had been in the United States since 1992 and who held a green card signifying his status as a legal permanent U.S. resident, federal officials said Tuesday.

Cho Seung-Hui, a 23-year-old English major, was listed with a home address in Centreville, Va., a suburb of Washington, D.C., not far from Dulles International Airport.

Immigration records maintained by the Department of Homeland Security show that Cho was born in South Korea on Jan. 18, 1984 and entered the United States through Detroit on Sept. 2, 1992. He had last renewed his green card on Oct. 27, 2003.

University officials said he lived in a dormitory on the Virginia Tech campus, but could shed no light on a motive for the shooting spree that left 33 dead. "He was a loner, and we're having difficulty finding information about him," said Virginia Tech spokesman Larry Hincker.

Cho's fingerprints were found on two handguns used in the rampage, said two law enforcement officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because the information had not been announced. The serial numbers on the two weapons had been filed off, the officials said.

Ballistics tests by the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms showed that one of the guns was used in both of Monday's separate campus attacks that happened two hours apart.

Cho was found with a backpack containing a receipt for a Glock 9mm pistol that he had bought in March.

As a permanent legal resident of the United States, Cho was eligible to buy a handgun unless he had been convicted of any felony criminal charges, a federal immigration official said.

Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

FORD
04-17-2007, 03:07 PM
We need to have gun laws that are consistent from state to state.

And this is what they should be, logically......

1) If you have a criminal record, you don't own guns.

2) If you have a documented history of mental illness, you don't own guns.

3) If you aren't a US citizen, you don't own guns.

4) You have to take a test that shows you know how to safely operate a car in order to get a driver's license. Cars, when used correctly, don't kill people. Guns have no other purpose, so why don't we hold them to at least the same standard?

5) All gun sellers are required to do a background check, so they do not sell to anyone not meeting the above criteria. This includes gun shows, garage sales or whatever. If you can't be bothered to know who you're selling a fucking deadly weapon to, don't sell them.

6) Anyone caught selling or in possession of illegal guns gets an automatic life sentence in prison. No exceptions.

Now while an argument could be made as to whether Permanent Legal Resident status vs Citizenship should be enough to justify gun ownership, in the case of Mr. Cho, his documented mental illness would have been reason enough to deny his purchase of a weapon.

The above laws are a common sense approach that wouldn't infringe on the rights of any responsible adults owning firearms if they chose to do so.

Discuss......

knuckleboner
04-17-2007, 03:27 PM
...odd then, why he'd filed off the serial numbers.

but, ok then; so this guy apparently obtained his guns legally.

i still say there needs to be a registry of ballistics / gun transfers to better disccourage people from improperly transfering guns. after all, whether or not THIS guy used an illegally obtained weapon, there's no doubt that many crimes ARE from an illegally obtained weapon.

and, if the legal gun owners want to continue to own guns, then shouldn't they be in favor of something designed to let them keep their guns, but that tries to stop some outlaws from obtaining them?...

FORD
04-17-2007, 03:33 PM
And I still think the "Chris Rock Bullet Control Law" is a great idea!!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ET9PJJEYByA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ET9PJJEYByA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

scamper
04-17-2007, 03:47 PM

6) Anyone caught selling or in possession of illegal guns gets an automatic life sentence in prison. No exceptions.

Your points make sense, this one will never happen because in this country we don't even give murderers, child molersters, or rapists life sentences...we should.

scamper
04-17-2007, 03:48 PM
oops...typing too fast and not proofing my posts

Ally_Kat
04-17-2007, 07:47 PM

4) You have to take a test that shows you know how to safely operate a car in order to get a driver's license. Cars, when used correctly, don't kill people. Guns have no other purpose, so why don't we hold them to at least the same standard?

I agree. I think I might have brought that up way back in the day in some thread. Just basic gun saftey, a writen test, a peformance test, and differing licenses that states which guns you are trained in (hunting or the personal protection ones, for example). Maybe have a renewal performance test every so often years. Team this up with Knuckleboner's registry program, and you have legislation that actually might help.

Steve Savicki
04-17-2007, 08:07 PM
McCain is getting plastered outside his office building by protesters.:p

Nickdfresh
04-17-2007, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Or if you're a left-wing Moonbat.

http://www.sinistercinema.com/Images/ImageManager/MOONBAT-LOGO.jpg

God BigBitchBrian, you're a retarded lunatic...

So, foreigners can own guns now? I mean, you piss your pants to post a thread about a drunk driver that happened to be an illegal. But you'll defend an alien's right to own a fire arm?

Really?

hankster
04-17-2007, 09:16 PM
We need to have gun laws that are consistent from state to state.

And this is what they should be, logically......

1) If you have a criminal record, you don't own guns.

2) If you have a documented history of mental illness, you don't own guns.

3) If you aren't a US citizen, you don't own guns.

5) All gun sellers are required to do a background check, so they do not sell to anyone not meeting the above criteria. This includes gun shows, garage sales or whatever. If you can't be bothered to know who you're selling a fucking deadly weapon to, don't sell them.

Now while an argument could be made as to whether Permanent Legal Resident status vs Citizenship should be enough to justify gun ownership, in the case of Mr. Cho, his documented mental illness would have been reason enough to deny his purchase of a weapon.

The above laws are a common sense approach that wouldn't infringe on the rights of any responsible adults owning firearms if they chose to do so.

Discuss......

I am with FORD on this one, there was way too many flags going up for him to get a gun anywhere else, why the feds don't regulate weapons is beyond me

FORD
04-17-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

So, foreigners can own guns now? I mean, you piss your pants to post a thread about a drunk driver that happened to be an illegal. But you'll defend an alien's right to own a fire arm?

Really?

There was another shooting this last week up at the UW campus in Seattle. Only two dead in that one, the shooter and his ex. He was also an alien. Expired visa, I think.

Remember in the aftermath of 9-11 when John Asscrotch was investigating everyone on the planet with a Muslim sounding name, in every way possible EXCEPT FOR FUCKING GUN RECORDS??

God forbid we violate a terrorist's "second amendment rights" and piss off the NRA, but the rest of the constitution is fair game, apparently.

BigBadBrian
04-17-2007, 10:40 PM

Really?

Once again, you failed to understand a quite easy point.

I'm not surprised.

:cool:

Nickdfresh
04-17-2007, 10:43 PM
Which one? That illegal aliens should have access to firearms?

Ally_Kat
04-17-2007, 11:41 PM
Which one? That illegal aliens should have access to firearms?

(but you know this guy was a resident, right?)

sadaist
04-18-2007, 12:05 AM

I agree with a safety test before anyone can purchase a gun. What I don't agree with is your statement that guns have no other purpose but killing people. Hunting, target shooting, collectibles, etc...

Nitro Express
04-18-2007, 01:04 AM
I'm as pro gun as they come but this is not the time to debate gun control in a public forum. Virginia Tech suffered a horrible tragegy and the whole country is sickened. If you aren't sick, then you aren't human.

I don't care what laws you have, a sick, twisted person can cause much damage whether they have handguns or whether they are running people over with a car. The guy could have had a razor sharp samuri sword and did a lot of damage.

It's called a nutball with no regard for human life sefishly taking young and talented people to their deaths in a very horrid way.

FORD
04-18-2007, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by sadaist
I agree with a safety test before anyone can purchase a gun. What I don't agree with is your statement that guns have no other purpose but killing people. Hunting, target shooting, collectibles, etc...

Hunting is killing, right? And target shooting is done to improve aim, so you can kill easier.

It's a fact that a gun is designed to do one thing. Kill.

As Ronnie Van Zant said, "they ain't no good for nothin else"

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5z1ZOBjZ3-k"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5z1ZOBjZ3-k" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Cathedral
04-18-2007, 02:13 AM
Guns are good for protecting people. it seems that little detail slips between the cracks when nutbags go apeshit ending peoples lives with them.

Cops use them.
Soldiers use them.
I use them, for protection.

Gun laws are designed for people who actually obey the law, NOT for people who break the law.
Legislation on firearms will do nothing to stop things like this from happening, though in theory it may ease some peoples minds in believing so.

AND, disarming law abiding citizens only increases the number of victims who fall prey to mental cases who acquire them.

Question: Will punishing the original purchaser of a gun bring anyone back to life?

Answer: NO!

The system, for the most part, does a great job of keeping track of who is buying them LEGALLY.
It is the black market and the scum who gets their grubby little hands on them that is the problem.

I'm telling you, more laws will not deter someone from commiting these types of crimes...it punishes the wrong people.
Being more proactive in enforcing the laws already on the books is the only place to start.

Fact is, if that asshole didn't have access to guns he could have easily killed more people and done more damage with a weapon as simple and easy to make as pipe bombs.

Where there is a will, there is surely a way to do anything.

The dude was seriously bent, and determined to kill as any as he could.

sadaist
04-18-2007, 03:08 AM
Hunting is killing, right? And target shooting is done to improve aim, so you can kill easier.

It's a fact that a gun is designed to do one thing. Kill.

Wrong, target shooting is not to "kill easier". Hundreds of thousands of people target shoot each year in the United States alone. You're saying they are practicing to kill easier? That's absolutely ridiculous and an asinine viewpoint. Must be another "BCE" conspiracy. It's a sport or hobby, just like bowling or archery. You could kill someone with an arrow and people aren't crying to ban them. I suppose cutting a steak is practice for cutting people up as well.

sadaist
04-18-2007, 03:18 AM

By the way, he's singing about a saturday night special, not all guns. There is a difference. Law abiding gun owners typically do not purchase crap pocket guns. Educate yourself.

Nitro Express
04-18-2007, 03:20 AM
We need our guns to protect us from BCE thugs.

Nickdfresh
04-18-2007, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
(but you know this guy was a resident, right?)

Yes, an extremely mentally ill one by all accounts...

scamper
04-18-2007, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by sadaist
Wrong, target shooting is not to "kill easier". Hundreds of thousands of people target shoot each year in the United States alone. You're saying they are practicing to kill easier? That's absolutely ridiculous and an asinine viewpoint. Must be another "BCE" conspiracy. It's a sport or hobby, just like bowling or archery. You could kill someone with an arrow and people aren't crying to ban them. I suppose cutting a steak is practice for cutting people up as well.

I agree, I use a gun for target shooting competition, I use a bow to kill dinner.

Hardrock69
04-18-2007, 09:17 AM
Gun Control Law Helped Campus Killer
Yet disarmament lobby and establishment media exploit tragedy to disarm more potential victims

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
Tuesday, April 17, 2007

In January 2002, a student at the Virginia Appalachian School of Law, Peter Odighizuwa, shot three people dead before other students were able to retrieve guns from their cars and put an end to the carnage before there was more bloodshed. Over thirty victims at VA Tech yesterday were denied that right as a result of a campus gun control law that helped the shooter pick off his targets at will.

A bill in the Virginia legislature last year that would have allowed students with concealed weapons permits to carry their guns at schools was killed, with VA Tech spokesman Larry Hincker heralding the move as action that would "help parents, students, faculty and visitors feel safe on our campus." How hollow those words sound now in light of eyewitness reports of how victims had to cower under desks as the killer calmly approached, their only means of defense throwing chairs or risking their lives by escaping out of high-rise windows.

"Isn't it interesting that Utah and Oregon are the only two states that allows faculty to carry guns on campus. And isn't it interesting that you haven't read about any school or university shootings in Utah or Oregon? Why not? Because criminals don't like having their victims shoot back at them," Gun Owners of America's Larry Pratt said yesterday. "That's why the American people want an end to this ineffective gun ban."

85% of Americans support the right of a principle or a teacher to have instant access to a safely stored firearm in order to defend the lives of students and prevent a school massacre, but a drive is already underway to disarm more victims and grease the skids for more horrors similar to what unfolded yesterday.

The talking points have already been disseminated and the disarmament lobby and the establishment media is doing it's best to exploit yesterday's tragedy to push for gun control.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/april2007/170407helpedkiller.htm

scamper
04-18-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Yet disarmament lobby and establishment media exploit tragedy to disarm more potential victims

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
Tuesday, April 17, 2007

In January 2002, a student at the Virginia Appalachian School of Law, Peter Odighizuwa, shot three people dead before other students were able to retrieve guns from their cars and put an end to the carnage before there was more bloodshed. Over thirty victims at VA Tech yesterday were denied that right as a result of a campus gun control law that helped the shooter pick off his targets at will.

A bill in the Virginia legislature last year that would have allowed students with concealed weapons permits to carry their guns at schools was killed, with VA Tech spokesman Larry Hincker heralding the move as action that would "help parents, students, faculty and visitors feel safe on our campus." How hollow those words sound now in light of eyewitness reports of how victims had to cower under desks as the killer calmly approached, their only means of defense throwing chairs or risking their lives by escaping out of high-rise windows.

"Isn't it interesting that Utah and Oregon are the only two states that allows faculty to carry guns on campus. And isn't it interesting that you haven't read about any school or university shootings in Utah or Oregon? Why not? Because criminals don't like having their victims shoot back at them," Gun Owners of America's Larry Pratt said yesterday. "That's why the American people want an end to this ineffective gun ban."

85% of Americans support the right of a principle or a teacher to have instant access to a safely stored firearm in order to defend the lives of students and prevent a school massacre, but a drive is already underway to disarm more victims and grease the skids for more horrors similar to what unfolded yesterday.

The talking points have already been disseminated and the disarmament lobby and the establishment media is doing it's best to exploit yesterday's tragedy to push for gun control.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/april2007/170407helpedkiller.htm

The thing to remember is that this terrorist had a plan long ago. He was going to kill people, if he couldn't get guns he would have found another way. They say he hated white rich people so he was also a racist, which makes it a hate crime.

FORD
04-18-2007, 12:23 PM
Hating rich people makes you a racist? :confused:

Ellyllions
04-18-2007, 12:41 PM
The misconception is that if you're deemed "mentally ill", you can't legally own or obtain a firearm. That's incorrect by all accounts. There is ZERO communication between the Criminal registry databases, and the mental health facilities unless a crime has been committed and documented to be caused by a mental illness.

That being said, is this the final straw for that divide to be guaged and begin some kind of restrictions on the sale of firearms to people who are seeking treatment for mental illness or just mental distress cases? If so, how will that affect the doctor/patient privilege and right to privacy laws?

It's a big question. But what we're hearing cosistently in these shooting cases is how "distraught" or "weird" the shooter was before killing himself/herself and others. If we can't determine which patients will ultimately take the action, should we begin to try to determine which patients could be a danger to society and keep them from obtaining the means with which to be dangerous?

If you buy or sell a gun to/from a shop, a copy of that receipt that you get is also going to the local law enforcement office. A trace is done on the gun, and you to check for priors as well as whether or not the gun is stolen. That print out is then filed and kept with the receipt. (I know, this was one of my many jobs)

When Cho purchased either of those guns, had there been some communication between law enforcement and St. Albans or Access, law enforcement who did the background from the receipt of sale would've known the nature of his trips to mental health facilities.

In my opinion, we're being too short sighted in trying to blame this on gun control laws. A mentally ill person will carry out their plans however they can. And it doesn't matter if it's legal or not.

scamper
04-18-2007, 12:55 PM
Hating rich people makes you a racist? :confused:

Rich white people. Hating rich people only makes you a socialist.

scamper
04-18-2007, 12:58 PM
Just kidding

FORD
04-18-2007, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by scamper
Rich white people. Hating rich people only makes you a socialist.

What if you only hate USELESS rich people who did nothing to earn their money, like Chimpy or Paris Hilton?

scamper
04-18-2007, 01:50 PM
What if you only hate USELESS rich people who did nothing to earn their money, like Chimpy or Paris Hilton?

Then you're a victim of normality.(;)

knuckleboner
04-18-2007, 01:55 PM

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
Tuesday, April 17, 2007

In January 2002, a student at the Virginia Appalachian School of Law, Peter Odighizuwa, shot three people dead before other students were able to retrieve guns from their cars and put an end to the carnage before there was more bloodshed.

well THAT'S a little revisionist. how's about what actually happened?...

After the shootings, student Mikael Ray Gross said he saw Odighizuwa put his gun down and pace back and forth outside the school. Gross, who also is a police officer, went to his car for his gun and body armor.

As two other students wrestled Odighizuwa to the ground, Gross said he could hear Odighizuwa say: "I had to do it. I had nowhere else to go. I have nothing else to do."

source (http://www.legaled.com/shooting.htm)

yes, a guy went to go get his gun. but it appears that crossfire had absolutely nothing to do with stopping this jackoff...

BITEYOASS
04-18-2007, 03:28 PM
So if they don't allow the mentally Ill to own weapons, will that include Ted Nugent? :D

FORD
04-18-2007, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
So if they don't allow the mentally Ill to own weapons, will that include Ted Nugent? :D

Hopefully.....

Nickdfresh
04-18-2007, 05:34 PM
"Cho was found with a backpack containing a receipt for a Glock 9mm pistol that he had bought in March.

As a permanent legal resident of the United States, Cho was eligible to buy a handgun unless he had been convicted of any felony criminal charges, a federal immigration official said."

--Noncitizens should have to go through very strict background checks in order to purchase a firearm, and have a justification!

This would thwart any potential terror suspects from legally purchasing weapons as well...

Nickdfresh
04-18-2007, 05:39 PM
The thing to remember is that this terrorist had a plan long ago. He was going to kill people, if he couldn't get guns he would have found another way. They say he hated white rich people so he was also a racist, which makes it a hate crime.

Do you really believe this guy was going to kill 33 people with a screwdriver?

Every statistic I've ever read indicates that guns make it much easier to impulsively kill someone, especially in the cases of these crazy assholes that just snap...

I could be wrong, but in fact, I think gun owners (like me:)) are far more likely to be shot...

Nickdfresh
04-18-2007, 05:44 PM

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
Tuesday, April 17, 2007

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/april2007/170407helpedkiller.htm [/B]

Yeah, because a kid who committed suicide after a mass-murderous rampage is really worried about being shot...:rolleyes:

BTW, it was nice of Sen. John McCain to remind us after a nat'l tragedy that spouting off with NRA talking points is more appropriate than consoling the victims...

Good one John. Yet another reason his campaign is in the toilet...

BITEYOASS
04-18-2007, 09:51 PM
Hopefully.....

Seriously, who the fuck shits their pants for a week to avoid the draft. The rest of the "Amboy Dukes" just got high to avoid it, I wonder if it was Ted who caused all of the trouble in the group rather than the other way around as he claims it to be.

Nickdfresh
04-18-2007, 09:55 PM
I'm pretty sure it was Ted's ego, which arrived to band practice about ten minutes before he did...

scamper
04-18-2007, 10:12 PM
Do you really believe this guy was going to kill 33 people with a screwdriver?

Timothy McVeigh

FORD
04-18-2007, 10:41 PM
Timothy McVeigh

If somebody comes to your farming supply store and orders a couple TONS of fertilizer, then he better be able to answer some serious questions about farming.

And if he's buying blasting caps at the same time, call the fucking cops/FBI/ATF/CIA whomever.

Nitro Express
04-19-2007, 04:39 AM
The other day my dad was telling me he used to go down and buy dynamite at the farmers co-op. Anyone could buy it in those days. It was illegal to fish with dynamite. LOL!

We used to use potasium nitrate fertilizer to blast stumps out of the ground on my uncle's farm. You can use it to rot stumps out of too. I don't think they sell it anymore after the McViegh bomb tragedy.

He had 2000 pounds of it.

Nitro Express
04-19-2007, 04:54 AM
There have been some excellent advances in non-lethal weapons in the past few years. The military went from a 45 caliber bullet to a 38 caliber bullet. They found out the 38 didn't have the shocking power the 45 did. Now they are learning the same lesson in Iraq. When you enemy is armed with an assault rifle and he's right there, you need something to knock him on his ass.

22 Long Rifle rimfire rounds are amazingly deadly for their size but they aren't going to shock anyone like a 45 ACP will. You can die from both but the 45 will take you out of the fight.

Can we take someone out of the fight without killing them? Sure. Hit them with big plugs of rubber, chemical and pepper bullets from a CO2 powered machine gun.

With non-lethal weapons we can have more people at the ready with them. People will be more willing to use them because killing a person is psycologically hard on most people. It's safter for bystanders.

Look at what happens to Johnny Knoxville in Jackass when he gets shot with a beanbag out of a 12 guage shotgun. It put him down on the floor in plenty of pain.

It's putting them out of the fight. You could hit a gunman with a eventually lethal round but unless you take him out of the fight now, he has the chance to kill.

some people might say the non-lethal route is the whimpy route but it allows more people to carry weapons and have them ready to take the next badguy out of the fight. The LAPD has been using some of the new non-lethal weapons to good effect.

It sure beats having non-armed people at the mercy of a person with a gun. Put the fucker down like Johnny Knoxville and stomp his ass.

Even the US Marines are looking into using some of these new non-lethal weapon options.

Nickdfresh
04-19-2007, 05:36 AM
Timothy McVeigh

Yeah um, that was a meticulously planned terrorist attack.

It's tough to mug someone, or shoot an estranged girlfriend with fertilizer bombs (which incidentally, is a controlled substance, along with explosives)...

scamper
04-19-2007, 08:59 AM
Yeah um, that was a meticulously planned terrorist attack.

Not trying to argue, but this guy seemed to have a long thoughtout plan also.

scamper
04-19-2007, 09:00 AM
"thoughtout"? see I couldn't argue if I tried.