PDA

View Full Version : Velvet Revolver

DLRismydad
04-30-2004, 07:56 PM
I just finished seeing Velvet Revolver's Slither video for the first time. I throught it was really kickass songwise and videowise. Im not sure if they will end up being any good or not though.Wondering if anyone had opinions

PHOENIX
04-30-2004, 09:09 PM
This band will be great. Weiland is a great singer and does a pretty cool Axl impersonation.

Big Troubles
04-30-2004, 09:51 PM
Yeah they are going places. You can see it.

Golden AWe
05-01-2004, 08:19 AM
I'm looking forward to this so much...I'm a huge fan of original GNR and Stone Temple Pilots...Weiland might be an asshole and a sad drug addict but he sings great and looks cool on stage...his gay dresses are hilarious...

FORD
05-01-2004, 10:00 AM
If they can stay off the fucking heroin, they have serious potential. Hell I want to see them make it just so they can throw it in AxHole's face.

Big Troubles
05-01-2004, 10:27 AM
if anyone is interested Velvet Revolver has a lot of songs on win mx for downloading. It's free and legal in our country! :D

ELVIS
05-01-2004, 11:43 AM
They kinda sound like Alice Cooper to me...

WACF
05-01-2004, 11:47 AM
I have high hopes...I like what I've heard so far.

Big Troubles
05-01-2004, 11:57 AM
Cooper yeah? I never was a fan of his. I always found his musical talent hidden behind a stage show of theatrics. Looks like and sounds like...shit. There for... ;)

Golden AWe
05-01-2004, 02:13 PM
Check out this site:

http://www.belowempty.com/vr/downloads.php

Several downloads!!!

romeodelight
05-03-2004, 07:04 PM
man im so pumped for velvet revolver... i hav tix to see them may 21st at the kool haus in t.o. im friggin stoked... do you think they might do a couple of the old Gn'R songs or at least acoustics of them or perhaps instrumentals?

DLR_EngineRoom
05-04-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
if anyone is interested Velvet Revolver has a lot of songs on win mx for downloading. It's free and legal in our country! :D

Can you or anyone else tell me what Win MX means? I've figured it's Windows something.....anyone?........anyone?...........any one?

ALinChainz
05-04-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
Can you or anyone else tell me what Win MX means? I've figured it's Windows something.....anyone?........anyone?...........any one?

WinMX is a file sharing program used for downloading music, I used to use it, worked good I thought.

I saw the "Making of" show of the VR video. Like Phoenix said, he does the Axl pretty well and the song rocked IMO.

Fairwrning
05-04-2004, 05:50 PM
ive burned 8-9 songs off limewire...."Breaking point" is kick ass...:rockit2: :donkey:

Brett
05-04-2004, 06:33 PM
I'm pretty sure they're going to do some GNR and STP songs. They did a couple cool acoustics of "Used to Love Her" and "Interstate Love Song" on KROQ a little while ago. Sounded cool.

Mezro
05-04-2004, 06:38 PM
Yeah "Slither" cooks..but not half as much as Scotty boy when he beams up from planet heroin.

Will they rock? Yeap. Will they shock? If they die on stage. Will they put on a terrific live show? Think so.

Fuck Axl and his shitty weave. That bloated hound lost his sound, hair and relevance 10 years ago. Without the real gunners backing him, he is just Ron Howard and Vince Neil morped into Meatloaf's rectal thermometer.

Welcome to the jungle? Try welcoming yourself to the salad bar and a treadmill.

Mezro....paradise city for Axl must be a Carl's Jr.

Jano
05-31-2004, 05:57 AM
I like it very much so far !
But please Elvis ,don't compare them to Alice Cooper !
Slash is so much better than any of Alice's guitarist !

hot for david
06-01-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
This band will be great. Weiland is a great singer and does a pretty cool Axl impersonation.

i think the same , it's a great band n' slash still been so good, great band!!!

gslinger
06-01-2004, 04:42 AM
As one not easily impressed, and Slash’s band(s) have sucked the last 2 times I have seen them live, I’ve got to admit I am very impressed with VR’s new stuff and their ability to play the old G & R classics. Wasn’t sure what I was going to think of Weiland either, but his singing and “freak value” works for this band. Hell these guys kick ass enough that Van Spammy couldn’t even Tour open for them!

Warham
06-01-2004, 08:50 AM
I've always liked Scott and his stuff with STP. I think VR will do just fine.

gslinger
06-02-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by MAX
gslinger,

I love "Slither" that song is great. I haven't downloaded any of the rest but so far I'm impressed with Velvet Revolver.

Yeah, I also saw that with Ed's neck but I couldn't understand what he was mumbling at all?

-----------

Yeah, I’m going to check out VR’s show next week. Looks like it will be the only good “new blood” rock act this year. I guess that should be “repackaged/infused blood act” this year, haaa. Figured I better see them before Weiland is in either a morgue, rehab, or jail. Guy is running faster to the grave than Eddie is!

Noticed Scott pleaded not guilty today, on arraignment of two felony counts of heroin and cocaine possession when he got busted again last month. Then the damn guy offered the judge to put himself in rehab before the July 11th trial date. This is the same judge that approved Weiland to Tour with VR in April if he would stay clean…Geeeeee give me a break here!!! Kinda hard for VR to meet present Tour commitments if their frontman is in rehab or dead.

.............Just realized that sounds like what will probably happen to the Van Spammy Tour and Eddie.

tobinentinc
06-02-2004, 11:37 PM
I like Velvet Revolver. They do have potential. I hope they can kick rock back where it belongs on top.

Chong Li
06-08-2004, 08:09 AM
Even though I have heard all of the new album online I am running out to buy it today.

I am psyched and Slash rules.

DLR'sCock
06-09-2004, 07:22 PM
These guys kick ass...I saw them two weeks ago...!!!