PDA

View Full Version : Interesting discovery about Phoebe Cates scene in Fast Times

Hardrock69
04-19-2007, 03:06 PM
I was at a friend's house Sunday....she was taking a shower getting ready to go move some furniture...so I was watching TV.

I forget what channel it was, but I tuned in right when Judge Nelson is getting home from the Pirate Restaurant he worked at, and Phoebe was hanging out around the pool in her bikini.

So I was wondering how the scene would play out. It was on some channel like AMC, or whatever, where there are commercials, and boobs are NOT gonna happen.

To my asonishcment, she walked up to Judge, undid her bikini top, but it did not open, and then she kissed him.

:confused:

It seems they shot an alternate G-rated scene so they could show it on network TV!!!

Blew my mind.

It is comparable to the Comedy Central version of Cheech and Chong's Next Movie, where their cousin Red shows up with a duffel bag full of "diamonds". They edited out ALL the drug references in the whole movie, and as a result the movie makes no sense at all.

Anyone else know of any alternate scenes or edits of movies to turn it into a G-rated fluff piece?

bueno bob
04-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Who is Judge Nelson?

:)

Terry
04-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Halloween 2 shot a bunch of scenes for the tv broadcast version. Mostly people walking down hospital corridors and the like.

Hardrock69
04-19-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Who is Judge Nelson?

:)

Ack...I meant Judge Reinhold....

Who in their right mind would name their son "Judge" anyway?

Antman
04-19-2007, 04:35 PM
He called Mr. Hand a fuzzy nerd.

sadaist
04-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

Who in their right mind would name their son "Judge" anyway?

Dave Mustaine named his son Justice.

sadaist
04-19-2007, 04:55 PM
I can't hear that Cars song without thinking "Hi Brad, you know how cute I always thought you were".

FORD
04-19-2007, 05:13 PM
The Comedy Central version actually left the language in, as well as the carrot scene and the stoner references, because they show it late at night. But they did cut the titty shot unfortunately.

But that's not the worst edit of Fast Times I've seen!

In the 90's there was a VHS version in the video stores. It was horrible. The language was censored. No tits, no carrot scene, and worst of all, they fucked up the soundtrack, with a bunch of lameassed sound-alike instrumentals.

I didn't buy the DVD until I was 100% sure that it was the REAL movie and not some hacked up butcher job.

chi-town324
04-19-2007, 05:31 PM
who takes a shower before moving furniture?

indeedido
04-19-2007, 05:39 PM
Perhaps "something" needed to be washed off before going outside.

Take 'Em
04-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by sadaist
I can't hear that Cars song without thinking "Hi Brad, you know how cute I always thought you were".

Great. Thanks for the subliminal implant. Next time we hear Moving in Stereo we will all get an uncontrollable boner...........

FORD
04-19-2007, 06:53 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ll2y_WlDu4I"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ll2y_WlDu4I" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Hardrock69
04-19-2007, 10:04 PM
1. I moved the furniture. A headboard, a small box, and a bed frame.

2. Perhaps she felt she needed a shower. Who the fuck knows the mind of a woman?
;)

Hardrock69
04-19-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by sadaist
Dave Mustaine named his son Justice.

Coulda been worse...he coulda named his kids Dweezil or Moon Unit...
:D

Hardrock69
04-19-2007, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Takeem5
Great. Thanks for the subliminal implant. Next time we hear Moving in Stereo we will all get an uncontrollable boner...........

:lol: