PDA

View Full Version : Where is Dave going to take his music?

cwsmith17
05-01-2004, 02:08 AM
We all know that Dave loves the blues and showtunes. But, will he go back to his straight-ahead rock or go more along the same lines as Diamond Dave? What's instore for us.:confused:

Big Troubles
05-02-2004, 11:58 AM
I think he's looking at the Vegas/showtunes idea. I also think he may take a stab at radio dj. He's been offered, and Ive heard him quite a few times guest dj-ing, and he sounds fuckin' great. Id like to see him do whatever makes him happy. Instead of us fans. I mean really, the guy has nothing left to prove. 30 plus yrs of rock n roll. I want Dave to do what he wants now. But maybe that is a new harder rock album. who knows?

Bill Lumbergh
05-02-2004, 04:33 PM
I agree, Dave needs to do whats gonna make him happy first. After the 96 debacle he's been on the road a lot, did the great DLR Band album, and Diamond Dave last year. Can't wait to see whats next.

Lou
05-02-2004, 04:38 PM
I can appreciate Dave doing what he wants to do and not being motivated by money (unlike 4 other people we know) but I really don't like the whole Vegas/lounge music style. I appreciate that that's part of who he is, but I just don't like that kind of music, even if he's doing it.

Big Troubles
05-02-2004, 04:46 PM
Yeah Im not thrilled about the Vegas thing either. I can't see how it will make a big impact? Celine Dion, Liza, Tom Jones, Wayne Newton and now Diamond David Lee Roth? Id rather him cut an album or do more tv or even do the dj thing. Vegas didn't work last time, but then again apparently if he does Vegas, it's a XXX sponser. This way he's not "handcuffed" on what he can say.

DaveIsKing
05-02-2004, 06:58 PM
Booooo! Fuck Vegas!

Dave is a megastar. He needs more TV and radio exposure. A kickass album with no covers (even though I like them sometimes) or no Vegasy-schlock.

I think Dave needs to have his own TV SHOW or release a "Fair Warning" / "Van Halen I" type album with a new young band or attach himself back with EEAS band.

But, Vegas?? Noooo!!! Please Dave, a little schlock is ok, funny even, but turn into a complete fucking clown. ;)

MERRYKISSMASS2U
05-02-2004, 06:59 PM
Just like in the HOT FOR TEACHER video, Dave needs to become americas favorite game show host!

secrets
05-06-2004, 03:33 PM
Dave should do a blues album. A mixture of different blues styles: acoustic, Chicago blues, blues rock etc...that would be very cool.

Golden AWe
05-08-2004, 07:30 PM
I'm still waiting for a DLR Band II...

rustoffa
05-09-2004, 12:42 AM
He could care less what anyone thinks......period.

Loons The Great
12-10-2006, 04:40 PM
Jus' where iz Dave gonn' take his music nah??

The blues ain't nothin' but a good man feelin' bad, thinkin' 'bout the woman he once was with.--Willie Brown