PDA

View Full Version : "Rules" of religion changed again

PlexiBrown
04-21-2007, 01:55 PM
When are more people going to wake up to the religion scam.

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/catholic-church-reverses-teaching-on/20070420203609990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

FORD
04-21-2007, 07:30 PM
I'm not a Catholic or a big fan of the guy currently wearing the Pope hat, but this is a reasonable move. If babies don't make it to Heaven, then you can assume the rest of us are pretty well fucked.

The_KiD
04-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I'm not a Catholic or a big fan of the guy currently wearing the Pope hat, but this is a reasonable move. If babies don't make it to Heaven, then you can assume the rest of us are pretty well fucked.

Well Said.. I agree completely!

Cheers,

KiD

Nitro Express
04-21-2007, 07:50 PM
The Catholic scam was the brainchild of a politician named Constantine. He decided there were enough Christians in the Roman Empire that if he rallied them behind his cause, he could become emporer.

So he cooked up a grand story of seeing the cross during a battle and organized the council of Nicea to iron out the details on his new people control mechanism or as many say a relligion.

PlexiBrown
04-21-2007, 08:15 PM
If babies don't make it to Heaven, then you can assume the rest of us are pretty well fucked.

True but the point is that if people go to a heavan or a hell or whereever when they die it is not up to a Pope or anybody else for that matter to make that call for everyone.

smithcreww
04-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Everyone should understand no matter what you will not go to hell. religion is not about going to church on sunday. It is about believing in your choice of religion and being happy. If you are stressing about going to church, bringing the kids etc, stay home, go do something fun, enjoy life. Religion will follow.

FORD
04-21-2007, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by PlexiBrown
True but the point is that if people go to a heavan or a hell or whereever when they die it is not up to a Pope or anybody else for that matter to make that call for everyone.

Officially, the Catholics believe that it IS. The Pope is seen as a "stand in" for Christ, and therefore infallible.

Now as to how many 21st century practicing Catholics actually look at the man that way, that's another story. I know if they tried that shit in the Baptist church I grew up in, I would have laughed in their faces, and told them I didn't need their help, when I'd be better off forming my own church and being "infallible" myself.

Hey, it worked for Joseph Smith......

PlexiBrown
04-21-2007, 10:58 PM
Officially, the Catholics believe that it IS. The Pope is seen as a "stand in" for Christ, and therefore infallible.

Interesting especially since all of the Popes that ever lived all didn't agree and share the same beliefs on everything and changed and change their minds on beliefs that they had that at one point that were strong beliefs.

Seshmeister
04-21-2007, 11:10 PM
The reason for this is based on the Catholic teaching of purgatory.

It was a huge money making scam for most of the time the religion has been around and was only scrapped about 100 years ago.

The idea was that if you were a total evil cunt you went to hell but most people went into limbo for a while which apparently wasn't too cool and a bit boring. The Church then sold 'out of limbo' passes. The level of those were formalised so that say an Archbishop could save you 100 days but a Cardinal could save you a year obviously based on how much cash you gave them to 'pray for your soul' which they then subcontracted to monks, nuns and so on.

A baby dying before being baptised was fucking great news. Cha ching!$$$

Look it up, unfortunately most of the cult members don't.

Cheers!

:gulp:

PlexiBrown
04-21-2007, 11:11 PM
It all boils down to a bunch of BULLSHIT that many people still follow like sheep.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
04-22-2007, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
The reason for this is based on the Catholic teaching of purgatory.

It was a huge money making scam for most of the time the religion has been around and was only scrapped about 100 years ago.

The idea was that if you were a total evil cunt you went to hell but most people went into limbo for a while which apparently wasn't too cool and a bit boring. The Church then sold 'out of limbo' passes. The level of those were formalised so that say an Archbishop could save you 100 days but a Cardinal could save you a year obviously based on how much cash you gave them to 'pray for your soul' which they then subcontracted to monks, nuns and so on.

A baby dying before being baptised was fucking great news. Cha ching!$$$

Look it up, unfortunately most of the cult members don't.

Cheers!

This man speaks the truth.

Nitro Express
04-22-2007, 12:53 AM

Now as to how many 21st century practicing Catholics actually look at the man that way, that's another story. I know if they tried that shit in the Baptist church I grew up in, I would have laughed in their faces, and told them I didn't need their help, when I'd be better off forming my own church and being "infallible" myself.

Hey, it worked for Joseph Smith......

Joseph Smith. Yeah the founder of the cult I was unfortunately raised in. I actually think Mormonism was put together by Sidney Rigdon and Olivery Cowdery. Joseph Smith obviousely was a very charismatic fellow that had a certain magic to him so he became head salesman.

Who really got Mormonism going was Brigham Young. He grew the cult in isolation in the Utah wilderness and had a sophisticated marketing system converting Europeans in Great Britian and Scandinavia and then helping them migrate to the US and then to Utah.

If it wasn't for Brigham Young, Mormonism would have died off already.

BALLYJUNKIE
04-23-2007, 06:40 AM
nitro -you grew up mormon ,i grew up jehovah's wittness ..... wich is worse ?..... my father still a witness actually a top elder .recently told my dad all religion is a scam including his ,boy did that make him mad !!! sorry dad your religion was founded over 100 years ago ,whos was a jehovahs witness before that ..... no one ?

FORD
04-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by BALLYJUNKIE
nitro -you grew up mormon ,i grew up jehovah's wittness ..... wich is worse ??

I think the JW's might actually be worse. Here's why....

1) No holidays, including birthdays. Apparently these guys think that celebrating ANYTHING is somehow an idolatrous sin.

2) JW's believe that only 144,000 out of the whole of creation will make it to Heaven. They also don't believe in Hell at all. So given the fact that you can't party, you won't go to Hell, and your chances of making it in to Heaven aren't very good, not to mention that going door to door and selling Watchtowers thing, I don't see where the incentive is to join the religion in the first place.

Credit where it is due, though.... At least the JW's get it right when it comes to the "God and Country" horseshit and they realize that they are NOT one and the same.

BALLYJUNKIE
04-23-2007, 07:33 PM
i will give you some more insight on the jw"s..................... they believe all holidays are pagan (not christian).......as far as the 144,000,they believe only 144,000 will go to heaven to rule with christ ,all others will live in a paradise on earth.they dont believe in a fiery hell ,they call hell the common grave of mankind .

Seshmeister
04-24-2007, 01:06 AM
The JW irritates me.

I had always wanted to have a debate with these nuts and finally one day last year they turned up at my house.

Problem was that just as they knocked the door I was opening it running out late to go to a work meeting thing.

They opened with the line 'What do you think of the bible?'.

Not 'we are a nutfuck sect' but I guess that's in the training.

I pushed past them saying 'Not a lot, I've read it and it doesn't make a lot of sense to me so I'm an atheist'.

They countered with 'That's very interesting most people haven't read it' which I guess is true.

I jumped in my car and said 'You don't understand I'm a fundamentalist atheist' and drove off.

They were utterly appalled left there standing like spare pricks at an orgy but so am I that I didn't have time to really have a proper debate. I hope I'm not on some JW blacklist now because I would love to debate their mental illness superstition.

I've heard that a much better approach rather than debating with them is to ask them in and then take your clothes off and start coming on to them.

I think that's brilliant but I don't know if I have the guts to do it.

Cheers!

BALLYJUNKIE
04-24-2007, 02:49 AM
CALL YOUR LOCAL KINGDOM HALL OF JEHOVAHS WITNESS ,AND ASK FOR ONE TO STOP BY .IM SURE THEY WILL ......IF WANNA TALK ABOUT THE BIBLE THEY WILL TALK TO YOU FOREVER ...... ASK THEM ABOUT THE DATES 1914 ( THEY THINK WERE ARE LIVING IN THE LAST DAYS SINCE 1914 AND PEOPLE WHO WRE ALIVE THEN ,WILL SEE ARMAGEDON.NOT MANY YEARS LEFT . ALSO THEY PREDICTED THE END TO COME IN 1975 IN THIER WATCHTOWER MAGAZINE ....THEY WILL SAY THEY DIDNT PREDICT IT ,BUT THEY DID . HAVE SOME FUN WITH THEM

FORD
04-24-2007, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
The JW irritates me.

I had always wanted to have a debate with these nuts and finally one day last year they turned up at my house.

Problem was that just as they knocked the door I was opening it running out late to go to a work meeting thing.

They opened with the line 'What do you think of the bible?'.

Not 'we are a nutfuck sect' but I guess that's in the training.

I pushed past them saying 'Not a lot, I've read it and it doesn't make a lot of sense to me so I'm an atheist'.

They countered with 'That's very interesting most people haven't read it' which I guess is true.

I jumped in my car and said 'You don't understand I'm a fundamentalist atheist' and drove off.

They were utterly appalled left there standing like spare pricks at an orgy but so am I that I didn't have time to really have a proper debate. I hope I'm not on some JW blacklist now because I would love to debate their mental illness superstition.

I've heard that a much better approach rather than debating with them is to ask them in and then take your clothes off and start coming on to them.

I think that's brilliant but I don't know if I have the guts to do it.

Cheers!

I went to high school with several JW's and debated them often, using their own doctrine against them, even their own "New World Scriptures" bible translation. As a result, they never knocked on the door of my parents house again up until the day they sold the place 4 years ago. Of course my parents wouldn't have known enough to debate it with them, but they didn't need to know that ;)

Shaun Ponsonby
04-28-2007, 11:15 AM
They're gonna reverse teachings on limbo?

So, they're not gonna lower the pole after each time they go under it anymore?

Seems a bit pointless, it'd go on for days.

knuckleboner
04-28-2007, 12:18 PM

not quite...the pope's only infallible (officially) when he speaks ex cathedra, which is rarely used. and i'm almost positive was NOT used on the denounciation of limbo...

Viking
04-28-2007, 09:08 PM
I was baptized as a middle-of-the-road Methodist, but my sister married into a good Catholic family. One thing I gotta give 'em - they have some kick-ass cathedrals. I don't buy into that Catholic vs. Protestant shit - you want oil and water? My first wife was a Muslim. :wow2: :p

Macu
04-30-2007, 03:52 AM
God:The imaginary friend of adults.

DeadOrAlive
04-30-2007, 11:21 PM
Officially, the Catholics believe that it IS.

Pure ignorance.

ace diamond
05-05-2007, 08:49 AM
FUCK THE CATHOLICS!!!WHO THE FUCK DIED AND MADE THE POPE GOD?
HITLER?

OH,NEVERMIND.....IT MUST HAVE BEEN SAVICKI!

SINCE WHEN DOES ANY HUMAN BEING HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY WHO DOES OR DOES NOT GET INTO HEAVEN(IF THERE EVEN IS SUCH A PLACE)?

LAST TIME I CHECKED.....GOD HIMSELF IS THE ONLY ONE WHO MAKES THOSE DECISIONS!

HOW COULD ANYONE WHO CLAIMS TO PROFESS LOVE AND FORGIVENESS BE SO FUCKING CRUEL AND STUPID?

ORGANISED RELIGION IS BULLSHIT..........I PUT IT IN THE SAME CATEGORY WITH THE ALLEGORY AGAINST ORGANISED CRIME(THE MAFIA).WHAT THE FUCKIN' DIFFERENCE? THERE ALL A BUNCH OF CRAZY FUCKIN' ITALIANS WITH SEVERE GOD AND MESSIAH COMPLEXES!

Shaun Ponsonby
05-05-2007, 10:17 AM
STOP SHOUTING

ace diamond
05-05-2007, 05:55 PM
i have a damn good reason to be.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-28-2013, 02:00 AM
golden