PDA

View Full Version : Another Supergroup?

PHOENIX
01-07-2004, 06:16 PM
New supergroup feat. an ex-Gunner?Robinson to Front New Band?
by Sarah Hall
Jan 6, 2004, 9:25 PM PT

Coming soon to a stadium arena near you: the Black Temple Roses?

Former Black Crowes frontman Chris Robinson, Robert and Don DeLeo and Eric Krets of the Stone Temple Pilots and possibly some former member of Guns N' Roses are joining up to form a new supergroup, according to the New York Post.

Each aforementioned band has either been placed on extended hiatus or dissolved beyond recognition to the collective mourning of rock fans everywhere.

Robinson left the Crowes in 2001 amid internal squabbling with bandmate and brother Rich, and set out to launch a solo career. His 2002 release New Earth Mud included the song "Katie Dear," a tribute to his bride, Kate Hudson, who is due to deliver the couple's first child any day now.

The DeLeo brothers and Krets became involved in a make-up, break-up relationship with STP bandmate Scott Weiland, whose drug addictions landed him a jail sentence and repeated rehab stints, causing the band to resort to extended hiatus status.

No information on which former members of Guns N' Roses, if any, would be signing on with this latest in supergroup formations; however, several of them have already signed on to other projects.

In fact, this latest amalgamation of Crowes, Pilots and Roses is not to be confused with the other Pilots-Roses merger, otherwise known as Velvet Revolver, which features the embattled Weiland on vocals and the instrumental talents of Slash, Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum, all late of Guns N' Roses.

Velvet Revolver's long-awaited debut release is set for spring, and the band plans to tour beforehand in Europe and Asia before returning to the States to promote their as-of-yet untitled album. No word on when the new Robinson-fronted band will lay down some tracks or hit the road.

PHOENIX
01-07-2004, 06:17 PM
The Ex Gunner is either Izzy, Gilby or Steven Adler.

Who knows anymore?:D

FORD
01-08-2004, 12:51 AM
Well, last I heard, Gilby Clarke was in Heart, Adler was in rehab, and Izzy decided he didn't want to be in a band full time, which is why he quit Velvet Revolver. So none of the three seem likely. Maybe it's Axhole? ;)

Seshmeister
01-08-2004, 01:07 AM
I can't thnk of a single Supergroup I liked.

Cheers!

:gulp:

One Voice
01-08-2004, 08:34 AM
Yea " Super Group" is a sure sign that it will be a letdown.
Cant think of one i liked either.

One Voice
01-08-2004, 08:35 AM
I am looking forward to Velvet Revolver
This may be the exception to the rule.

Gmoney
01-08-2004, 10:43 AM
Velvet Revolver will be cool, at least for a couple of months before Weilland gets busted for dope again!!!:smoke2:

Gmoney
01-08-2004, 10:45 AM
And by the way, not too thrilled about a Chris Robinson led supergroup. Black Crowes have not done anything decent since their first couple of albums.

By the way, does anyone else think he is a clone of a microphone stand??

PHOENIX
01-08-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Gmoney
And by the way, not too thrilled about a Chris Robinson led supergroup. Black Crowes have not done anything decent since their first couple of albums.

By the way, does anyone else think he is a clone of a microphone stand??

LOL :D

alexpgrimes
01-08-2004, 10:01 PM
Do you really think his pain in the ass wife Kate will let him out of her sight now that the baby is here???

rustoffa
01-08-2004, 10:09 PM
arrrrgh....I can almost hear a nauseating re-tool of "she talks to angels":gun:

DLR7884
02-01-2004, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister

Cheers!

Originally posted by One Voice
Yea " Super Group" is a sure sign that it will be a letdown.
Cant think of one i liked either.

So neither of you liked Audioslave?

DLR7884
That says quite a bit about your (lack of) taste in music.

Gmoney
02-01-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by DLR7884
So neither of you liked Audioslave?

DLR7884
That says quite a bit about your (lack of) taste in music.

Audioslave's album was kick ass!!!

I hope they stay together for a while.

DLR7884
02-01-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Gmoney
Audioslave's album was kick ass!!!

I hope they stay together for a while.

I think there is gonna be a new album pretty soon.

You think the album was kick ass? See them live. I had the treat of seeing them in a club in Philly last March before the Lollapalooza shows.

Fucking unreal. I was about 10 feet from the stage, they were loud as hell, and ripped through a kick ass coer of Rush's "Working Man."

DLR7884
If they do a second album are they still a "supergroup" or just a band?

Satan
02-01-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister

Cheers!

Did you ever hear the "Neurotic Outsiders" album with Steve Jones, John Taylor, and Duff & Matt from GNR.

It was one HELL of an album if I say so my Most Unholy self :cool: