PDA

View Full Version : Sheryl Crow say limit toilet paper usage for (cough) global warming.

SilvioDante
04-23-2007, 10:44 AM
Crow calls for limit on loo paper

BBC News

Singer Sheryl Crow has said a ban on using too much toilet paper should be introduced to help the environment.

Crow has suggested using "only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where two to three could be required".

The 45-year-old, who made the comments on her website, has just toured the US on a biodiesel-powered bus to raise awareness about climate change.

She teamed up with environmental activist Laurie David for the shows.

The pair targeted 11 university campuses to persuade students to help combat the world's environmental problems.

I propose a limitation be put on how many squares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting
Sheryl Crow
"I have spent the better part of this tour trying to come up with easy ways for us all to become a part of the solution to global warming," Crow wrote.

"Although my ideas are in the earliest stages of development, they are, in my mind, worth investigating.

"I propose a limitation be put on how many squares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting."

The tour ended on Sunday at the George Washington University in Washington DC, where Crow performed with Tim McGraw, Faith Hill and Carole King.

Laurie David's husband, Seinfeld creator Larry David, also appeared.

Crow has also commented on her website about how she thinks paper napkins "represent the height of wastefulness".

She has designed a clothing line with what she calls a "dining sleeve".

The sleeve is detachable and can be replaced with another "dining sleeve" after the diner has used it to wipe his or her mouth.

The shows involved a short set by the singer, a talk by David and segments of Al Gore's environmental film An Inconvenient Truth.
Story from BBC NEWS:

BITEYOASS
04-23-2007, 11:18 AM
OK, now the toilet paper thing is just fuckin retarted. One ain't gonna cut it and the last thing I want is shit all over my hand.

SilvioDante
04-23-2007, 11:26 AM
Well, I guess the idea was that most celebrities shit doesn't stink anyway...

Ellyllions
04-23-2007, 11:28 AM
How in the HELL would it be enforced.

Yeah, sure Cheryl...I'm all in. ;)

BITEYOASS
04-23-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by SilvioDante
Well, I guess the idea was that most celebrities shit doesn't stink anyway...

Why am I thinking of an Outkast song all of a sudden?

Hardrock69
04-23-2007, 12:09 PM
God that is one of the dumbest things I have heard out of a celebrity in years.
:rolleyes:

Maybe she likes having shit all over her hands....
:rolleyes:

Jérôme Frenchise
04-23-2007, 12:34 PM
... and refrain from farting too much to spare the ozone layer! :D

hankster
04-23-2007, 01:41 PM
ok, i know a better way to save paper and trees. Stop fucking putting out her shitty records, without Sheryl Crow records out there we will save countless trees, not to mention all the plastic that they use to process her cd's that we will be keeping out of landfills, because anyone I know has listened to her shit music once and threw the damn thing out anyway. That is my treehugging idea. Thank you

Terry
04-23-2007, 01:57 PM
Crow should concentrate less on half-baked environmental conservation theories and work a little harder on coming up with tunes that actually justify the amount of attention given to her by the media.

SilvioDante
04-23-2007, 02:14 PM
I think everyone is missing one of the subtleties of the article. She has actually designed clothing with removable dinner sleeves.

Weird...

PlexiBrown
04-23-2007, 02:18 PM
Crow has suggested using "only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where two to three could be required".

Everybody will be walking around with massive skid marks on their underwear.

PlexiBrown
04-23-2007, 02:25 PM

So if Cheryl uses 3 squares of TP and her ass is still not clean she walks around the rest of the day with a stinky shitty ass? No wonder Lance Armstrong took off.

Combat Ready
04-23-2007, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by hankster
ok, i know a better way to save paper and trees. Stop fucking putting out her shitty records, without Sheryl Crow records out there we will save countless trees, not to mention all the plastic that they use to process her cd's that we will be keeping out of landfills, because anyone I know has listened to her shit music once and threw the damn thing out anyway. That is my treehugging idea. Thank you

Yepper.....Excatly right!

PlexiBrown
04-23-2007, 02:26 PM
Another "full of shit" celeb.

PlexiBrown
04-23-2007, 02:29 PM
Let's see Cheryl get her ass clean with 3 squares of toilet paper after she pinches off a nice corn and peanut loaf.

blueturk
04-23-2007, 05:48 PM
Crow's toilet paper proposal is some stupid shit (ha ha) but at least she DID get on Karl Rove's nerves.....

Celebs tangle with Rove on warming
Karl Rove's debate with singer Sheryl Crow and producer Laurie David about global warming heated the atmosphere at a black-tie Washington dinner. On the eve of Earth Day, Crow and "Inconvenient Truth" producer David walked over to the presidential adviser's table at the White House Correspondents' Association dinner Saturday night at the Washington Hilton.Their differences on global warming quickly bubbled over, the Washington Post reported Sunday.

"I am floored by what I just experienced with Karl Rove," David said later. "I went over to him and said, I urge you to take a new look at global warming. He went zero to 100 with me. ... I've never had anyone be so rude."

Rove said: "She came over to insult me and she succeeded."

As the debate intensified, Crow tried to calm things down but was drawn into the debate with Rove instead. "You work for me," she told Rove, according to the Post column "The Reliable Source."

"No," was his response. "I work for the American people." -- Associated Press

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/171/story/95749.html

bastardog
04-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Maybe she don't use too much toilet paper because she vomit more than what she shits....
The last things in the world I would cut for any cause are water, food and toilet paper

PumpedUpMidget
04-23-2007, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Crow should concentrate less on half-baked environmental conservation theories and work a little harder on coming up with tunes that actually justify the amount of attention given to her by the media.

Terry always seem to come up with the best lines...Right on...

Nitro Express
04-24-2007, 02:42 AM
Well we all could wash our asses in a bidet but that would waste water and drying you wet ass with a towel wastes more water and electricity because the towel has to be laundered.

Dan
04-24-2007, 03:04 AM
I hate it when go for a poo and it breaks-off half way though.

You end up using half a roll to clean it up.

Fuck You Sheryl Crow and your Stained Panties.:uck:

hankster
04-24-2007, 11:14 AM
i love Carl Rove now, after that I don't work for you I work for the american people line, he is my hero. I never thought that anyone would do that so well. But it is Sheryl Crow we are talking about here, and by the way, she probably smelled like shit anyway

VanHalener
04-24-2007, 11:21 AM
I would like to hear that she has switched over to using a cheese grader on her ass.

Ally_Kat
04-24-2007, 06:15 PM
And yet her one song is in a car commercial

PumpedUpMidget
04-24-2007, 06:28 PM
Set up a debate between her and Beavis...

Nickdfresh
04-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Who really gives a fuck what Sheryl Crow says?

BTW, I've heard this thing exaggerated into now she's advocating use of only "one-piece" of shit paper...

BTW, 9 guys died in Iraq (so far) today. Just thought you media obsessed peeps, pretending to hate Hollywood, then spending hours talking about it, should know that...

And BTW, if you're concerned about people 'saying stupid things,' they why in the fuck did some of you vote for Bush?

VanHalener
04-24-2007, 08:37 PM
Nickdfresh you seem a little perturbed...?

For those who care...A little cut and paste reporting for ya...

ABC News April 24, 2007 — It all started with a joke.

Wrapping up a nationwide global warming tour, singer-songwriter Sheryl Crow posted a quirky "solution" online about a new way to save the environment.

She wrote: "I propose a limitation be put on how many squares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting."

She told the joke to get people's attention, and it worked. Talk show hosts had a field day with Crow's comments.

"Have you seen my [backside]?" Rosie O'Donnell joked on "The View."

"It seemed like Sheryl was trying to be a little bit cheeky, no pun intended," said Michelle Lee, executive editor of In Touch weekly.

Maybe Crow was inspired by her ecoactivist partner Laurie David. After all, David's husband, Larry David, of "Seinfeld" fame, wrote the famous episode where Elaine says to a neighbor in the next bathroom stall:

"Three squares? You can't spare three squares?"

"No, I don't have a square to spare. I can't spare a square," the woman responds.

Meeting Karl Rove
Crow wanted to clear the air about her comments.

"We're just so happy that people are talking about global warming, even if it's brought on by a joke," Crow told ABC News.

And for Crow and Laurie David, their message is everything.

They just wrapped up a successful cross-country ecotour of 12 college campuses to raise awareness about global warming.

The two started the trip in an environmentally friendly biodiesel bus at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, and ended the tour on Earth Day at George Washington University in Washington, D.C.

At George Washington, they joined musicians Faith Hill, Tim McGraw and Carole King and environmental activist Robert F. Kennedy Jr., who performed and spoke before a crowd of about 2,000 people.

Crow and David also talked with top White House adviser Karl Rove at the White House Correspondents Dinner Saturday night.

"How excited were we to have our first opportunity ever to talk directly to the Bush administration about global warming," Crow and David wrote on the Huffington Post blog.

"Much to our dismay, he immediately got combative," they said, "and it went downhill from there."

"We're definitely gonna be back," David said. "We haven't finished. This is something that's gonna be around for a long time."

Nitro Express
04-24-2007, 10:07 PM
Yeah, after the one sheet of toilet paper is covered in shit along with your hand, you are going to have to go into the shower and blow the rest of the shit out of your ass with the shower massage. And be sure to wash that hand good with lots of soap or it will smell like shit all day.

Hell, Sheryl, lets just wipe our asses with our hands like the Arabs do.

jhale667
04-24-2007, 10:16 PM
Sorry, Sheryl...I'm using as much as it takes. And I've got a big one brewing...

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/tommys.jpg

...you do the math. :D

Nitro Express
04-25-2007, 02:37 AM
Them fries look like they are covered in shit. What you getting at? Impress Sheryl be recycling shit by eating it? Oh, then you can wipe your ass with the paper container after you eat your shit. That saves water and trees.

SilvioDante
04-25-2007, 07:28 AM
Yeah, she was joking, so was Don Imus.

Everyone says they are "joking" when they get caught saying something stupid.

bueno bob
04-25-2007, 09:06 AM
Sheryl Crow is actually a pretty talented musician, in case you missed it. I will admit a lot of her lyrics are somewhat amateurish, but as a musician, she's excellent and her song quality is overwhelmingly good.

As far as what her "Save the Earth" ideas are, I couldn't care less...

SilvioDante
04-25-2007, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
S
As far as what her "Save the Earth" ideas are, I couldn't care less...

What do you mean you don't care? She's famous. You MUST care.

bueno bob
04-25-2007, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by SilvioDante
What do you mean you don't care? She's famous. You MUST care.

Guess I missed that memo.

God damnit. Matt White's supposed to keep me up to date about these things.

:mad:

PumpedUpMidget
04-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Imagine being her next date....She whispers, "Go down on me", I would have to pass....

hollywood5150
04-25-2007, 06:41 PM
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! I am back boys!! it has been a while almost 2 years since I been here. NONETHELESS, VAN HALEN RULES!

I dont know, I think this this Sheryl Crow lass is full of it. I quit liking her when I found out she was a liberal/Democrat.

And furthermore, when she got too poular. Anyway just MY OPNION!!

Viking
05-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Do not shake hands with this woman.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a7/Sheryl_Crow_-_Sheryl_Crow.jpg