PDA

View Full Version : Which Riviera???

DLRdelight!
04-24-2007, 03:20 AM
should i go for the real maple???

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Elitist-Nick-Valensi-Signature-Riviera?sku=518781

or laminated????

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ETRVANCH

how much does the difference affect the sound??

ELVIS
04-26-2007, 07:08 AM
I'm thinking you should go with the $200 cheap model...

It looks cool and has very good reviews...

I'm sure it needs new pups though...

:elvis:

DLRdelight!
04-26-2007, 02:50 PM
which kind of pups do you recomend for it???

ELVIS
04-26-2007, 02:53 PM
I dunno right off the bat...

Maybe just a good PAF copy unless you want more gain...

I wonder what Gibson USA Tony Iommi pups would do in that thing...

Those are my favorite humbucker, especially for the neck position, not muddy at all...

I'll look into it...

DLRdelight!
04-26-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
I dunno right off the bat...

Maybe just a good PAF copy unless you want more gain...

I wonder what Gibson USA Tony Iommi pups would do in that thing...

Those are my favorite humbucker, especially for the neck position, not muddy at all...

I'll look into it...

thanks. i was thinking of getting some emg 81/85 for my fender jaguar since it tends to feedback a lot. any suggestions

ELVIS
04-26-2007, 05:15 PM
I have an 85 in a Strat and I rarely touch it...

To me the EMG's sound sterile or something and I can't stand messing with a battery in a guitar...

A good pickup wont feedback uncontrollably...

Are you going for really a heavy slightly mid scooped sound ??

maybe a dimebucker...

DLRdelight!
04-26-2007, 05:23 PM
im just going for a hard pounding sound like tom morellos, but then again i do like a nice clean sound

DLRdelight!
04-26-2007, 05:29 PM
shit i didnt know it required batteries. what the hell for??? well i went to play the 200 buck dot studio and it plays nice. i wnet and tried one double the price and got a lot of feedback when the 200 dollar one didnt give me any. havent played the riviera cuz no one has it, but i like the look much better

DLRdelight!
04-29-2007, 02:47 AM
fuck it sucks when you want to buy so much shit but cant all at once

DLRdelight!
05-03-2007, 02:59 AM
you think a noise supressor will help my feedback prob for my jaguar

DLRdelight!
05-03-2007, 03:00 AM
instead of new pickups

Jimmy Jingles
05-03-2007, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by DLRdelight!
shit i didnt know it required batteries. what the hell for???

It is an Active pickup...

Active pickups incorporate electronic circuitry to modify the signal, thus the need for an external power source.

Typically designed for high-gain amps.

jhale667
05-03-2007, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by DLRdelight!
you think a noise supressor will help my feedback prob for my jaguar instead of new pickups

No. Unless you get a good one, it will only kill your dynamics...the pickups you have are more than likely microphonic, start there....

I am officially OVER my EMGs, by the way....;)

hillbillyhell
05-04-2007, 12:17 AM
I had a emg 81/85 set the zakk wyld set up and thay are cool and all but to tell the truth i like the sound of seymour duncan '' detonator '' Thay have a great sound with 1 vol .. And you can get them for 70$ each .. give one a try and see what you think ..

DLRdelight!
05-04-2007, 03:02 AM
well ill look into the duncans but incase anyone wondering this is the guitar that i have that im talking about

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Jaguar-HH-Electric-Guitar?sku=511323

rustoffa
05-05-2007, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by DLRdelight! well i went to play the 200 buck dot studio and it plays nice.

This one?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Dot-Studio-SemiHollow-Electric-Guitar?sku=518706

This rockabilly fucker I know has one in the vintage bile black color. He also owns a pretty impressive collection of Gretsch full-on honeybees. I asked him about the Epilame dot when I was checking out the Gretschs' one day. He just gushed about what a great guitar it was.....went on to explain how someone had given it to him. I went, "at least you didn't have to pay for it." He then explained how he had actually paid for the replacement dice knobs on it, and asked me if any of my guitars were still in the garage.

Pretty funny....musta struck a nerve with the Epilame comment.
:rolleyes:

DLRdelight!
05-09-2007, 02:17 AM
interesting