PDA

View Full Version : I met Tom Morello Today!

DLRdelight!
04-25-2007, 02:02 AM
if it were not for tom morello i would have not began playing the guitar when i did. Rage Against the Machine was the first band that i got into, their third album was my first. i met him at a music store called amoebas in hollywood where he was signing his cd the nightwatchman. didnt like it from what i heard at first but after seeing him play a couple songs it made me see that its really good. too bad that on the album he doenst play the guitar as hard.

binnie
04-25-2007, 03:05 AM
What was he like?

Cool?

Up his arse?

Did you ask him if Audioslave are going to keep going, or if the Rage reunion is permanent?

DLRdelight!
04-25-2007, 03:13 AM
he was cool. i had a rage booklet in the cd case n the security lady was like what are you hiding there, because they said only one thing signed per person, and i was like nothing n she tried to reach for it n i continued up to tom. told him thanks for inspiring me to play and said no problem n i asked him to sign the rage thing and he did. and then he said that guy was determined to get his things signed to the security lady. my gf and bro got some other rage stuff signed and a magazine

DLRdelight!
04-25-2007, 03:16 AM
didnt have time to really talk to him but in the interview in the magazine he says that he has not spoken to chris since he made that statement, so he doesnt know what was the real deal with him leaving. and that rage will only be a handful of shows because he is more concentrated on the nightwatchman. if you ask me though i wouldnt be surprised if they got back together, meaning rage

binnie
04-25-2007, 03:18 AM
Cool, glad you got to meet one of your heroes and that he didn't disapoint you...

DLRdelight!
04-25-2007, 03:57 AM
good point. would have sucked if he was an ass

MERRYKISSMASS2U
04-25-2007, 04:20 AM
Did he sign your titties?

binnie
04-25-2007, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
Did he sign your titties?

Tom Morello would probably have a political stance against the use of the word "titties"...

Golden AWe
06-23-2009, 11:21 AM
Tom Morello. Now I love his riffs, and I love RATM, and I love The Nightwatchmen, and I liked some of Audioslave pretty much...BUT

His guitar solos...I think Eddie Van Halen already outplayed and summed up Morello's whole guitar solo material and guitar tricks on the intro to ATOMIC PUNK! 15 to 20+ years in advance!!!

pwn3d