PDA

View Full Version : Knowing the Enemy

bueno bob
04-25-2007, 11:46 AM
THE MISFORTUNATE ENGLISH OF SAMMY HAGAR

http://www.abqjournal.com/shock/s_hagar306-19-02.jpg

""No one can do what I do because to everyone else, it's a business. For me, it's become a business."

"If I was ever a genius at anything."

"I don't know how I screwed up. I haven't screwed up actually."

"I think I carved out a real stupid career."

bueno bob
04-25-2007, 11:51 AM
"Alex and Ed are open-minded musicians."

"I had a solo career before Van Halen. My fan base filtered through Van Halen with me and came right on out the other side with me."

"I would like to enlighten people."

bueno bob
04-25-2007, 11:55 AM
"I'm John Lee Hooker in the sense that he was a blues man and he played blues his whole life." (Loons will LOVE that one)

"In Van Halen there were moments, like in some of the ballads, I put my heart and soul into those records. Those lyrics when I sang 'em, I gave myself goosebumps."

Remember the "OPEN-MINDED MUSICIANS" bit?

"It's hard to say this about a guy like Eddie Van Halen, but he's really limited to a style and they're locked into it."

"Sometimes you're afraid to fall in love with a chick, but she sucks."

bueno bob
04-25-2007, 12:00 PM
"The reason my voice is sounding more passionate is because I'm singing directly from the heart."

Wawazat
04-25-2007, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
[B]THE MISFORTUNATE ENGLISH OF SAMMY HAGAR
"No one can do what I do because to everyone else, it's a business. For me, it's become a business."

Rent an ass-clown

big deal :rolleyes:

ThrillsNSpills
04-25-2007, 12:32 PM
:hitch:
"Everything out of Sammy's mouth is word-barf"

"The reason my voice is sounding more passionate is because I'm singing directly from the heart."

His heart has lips?
BTW, this was the same spiel from what, 85? when he first killed the band on MTv.

good thread Bob.:rockit:

bueno bob
04-25-2007, 12:37 PM
Ha!

Sheep Wars has sharpened my talons once again...

ThrillsNSpills
04-25-2007, 12:42 PM
Ha!

Sheep Wars has sharpened my talons once again...

Another day at the Army (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1157564#post1157564)

Loons The Great
04-25-2007, 03:48 PM
"I'm John Lee Hooker in the sense that he was a blues man and he played blues his whole life." (Loons will LOVE that one)i]

La'wd hab mercy...MERCY...

Ummmmm, gimme a damn break 'ere Sambo, you ain't NOTHIN' like John Lee Hooker!!!!!!

The quote should be,"I'm Michael Bolton in the sense that he was a pop man and he sang pop his whole life."--Sam Hagar

"Nothin' but the best(Diamond Dave) and later for the garbage(Sam Hagar)."--John Lee Hooker

Wawazat
04-27-2007, 06:59 AM

"In Van Halen there were moments, like in some of the ballads, I put my heart and soul into those records."

Why those songs were never released, we'll never know.

bueno bob
04-27-2007, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Wawazat
Why those songs were never released, we'll never know.

Face the facts - we're better off NOT knowing.

Hell, if you need proof, just have Rikk spin you his copy of the Japanese "Balance" import so you can hear "Crossing Over"...

;)

binnie
04-27-2007, 07:43 AM
Errr, I'd rather not...

Shaun Ponsonby
04-27-2007, 03:44 PM

"I had a solo career before Van Halen. My fan base filtered through Van Halen with me and came right on out the other side with me."

I'll actually agree with that one to an extent.

I'm cuntvinced 5150 only sold 6 million cos his fans were buying it, some of whom had not yet bought a VH album, and some VH fans who still cared.

There wern't that many.

Shaun Ponsonby
04-27-2007, 03:47 PM
"I think I carved out a real stupid career."

Finally, he starts speaking some SENSE.