PDA

View Full Version : Rosie O'Donnell GONE from "The View"

fryingdutchman
04-25-2007, 12:32 PM
By DAVID BAUDER, AP Television Writer
7 minutes ago

NEW YORK - Rosie O'Donnell's stormy tenure on "The View" will be a short one. The opinionated host was unable to agree on a contract with ABC, and she'll leave the show in June.

ADVERTISEMENT

O'Donnell said on the show Wednesday that she wanted to stay for one more year, and ABC wanted three. So she decided to leave, although she said she will appear occasionally next season for things like a planned one-hour special on autism.

"It just didn't work," she said, "and that's show biz. But it's not sad because I loved it here and I love you guys and I'm not going away."

O'Donnell has helped raise the ratings for the daytime chat show invented by Barbara Walters. But her outspokenness has caused continual controversy, including a nasty name-calling feud with Donald Trump that placed Walters squarely in the middle.

"We have had, to say the least, an interesting year," Walters said.

Walters said she had nothing to do with the decision, reached after talks between representatives for ABC Daytime and O'Donnell.

"This is not my doing or my choice," she said.

Walters was frequently left to clean up the damage after O'Donnell. She did it most recently Monday, when O'Donnell was criticized for using bad language and attacking Rupert Murdoch from the dais of the annual New York Women in Communication awards luncheon.

"I would like to point out that Rosie's view is not always mine," Walters said. "I would like to say for the record that I am very fond of Rupert Murdoch."

In the Trump imbroglio, O'Donnell was reportedly mad that Walters did not come more swiftly to her defense, while Trump said Walters told him she didn't want O'Donnell on the show — a claim Walters denied.

Trump quickly went on Fox News Channel Wednesday to claim that O'Donnell was fired by ABC because of remarks made at the Women in Communications luncheon.

"Barbara's the happiest person in the world that Rosie's been fired," Trump said.

Cindi Berger, spokeswoman for both O'Donnell and Walters, denied Trump's claim, wondering how he would know what had happened in contract talks between O'Donnell and ABC.

"She wasn't going to commit to anything for three years and they would not commit to her for one more," Berger said. Locking in O'Donnell to a three-year deal could protect ABC from year-to-year increases if the ratings continue to be good for the show.

Despite controversy — or maybe because of it — O'Donnell was good business for ABC, owned by the Walt Disney Co. Ratings for "The View" during February sweeps were up 15 percent in key women demographics over the same time in 2006.

Bill Carroll, an expert in the syndication market for Katz Television, said he'd be surprised if ABC didn't try hard to keep O'Donnell, given the attention she brought to the long-running show.

The timing of the announcement doesn't particularly suit O'Donnell if she wants to remain in daytime television. She wouldn't be able to introduce a new program to the syndication market until September 2008, he said. But the company that produced O'Donnell's long-running daytime show has expressed interest in having her back, he said.

O'Donnell has discussed acting on the FX show, "Nip/Tuck." But she has not decided what she wants to do in TV in the future, Berger said.

O'Donnell made headlines repeatedly for comments on "The View," and for testy exchanges with her more conservative partner, Elisabeth Hasselbeck.

She criticized "American Idol" in January for airing humiliating auditions. "Isn't that what America thinks of entertainment? To make fun of someone's physical appearance. And when they leave the room, laugh hysterically at them. Three millionaires, one probably intoxicated."

She accused fellow ABC daytime host Kelly Ripa of making a homophobic remark, said "radical Christianity is just as threatening as radical Islam in a country like America" and has been critical of President Bush.

Statements by public figures are being watched more closely in the post-Don Imus era. The lobbying group Focus on the Family said it was preparing to contact advertisers on "The View" as part of a campaign against O'Donnell. The group is angry at O'Donnell for comments they feel were insulting to Catholics.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-25-2007, 12:34 PM
thank god, she's such a bitch/piece of shit.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-25-2007, 12:35 PM
i wish she would retire in some other country, just to not have to hear her annoying voice ever again.

fryingdutchman
04-25-2007, 12:35 PM
So there you have it.

She's done.

What do you think? Was it "contractual differences" or was it the result of free speech run amok?

Personally, I can't stand Rosie. While I support her right to speak, I don't support her penchant for being an ignorant loudmouth on every topic under the sun. She seemed to think that no issue was truly "addressed" until she personally weighed in on it.

From now on the only thing she should "weigh in on" is a scale...before she has a fucking heart attack.

The cow.

bueno bob
04-25-2007, 12:40 PM
I support freedom of speech for everybody.

Except Rosie, because...well, she's stupid.

Coyote
04-25-2007, 12:42 PM
Ah yes, Rosie "The Dyke" O'Donnell. The woman who gave us "Ching-Chong, Ching-Chong". :rolleyes:

May her shit come to life and give her a big, wet french kiss.

indeedido
04-25-2007, 12:56 PM
Finally, she is a no talent, uneducated, cunt. I can't believe it took this long

FORD
04-25-2007, 01:32 PM
Just more evidence of who really controls the media.......

I'm no big Rosie fan, but that fucking neocon airhead twat Lizzie Hasselbeck is as bad or worse.

But ABC won't fire a Busheep.

WACF
04-25-2007, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by FORD

I'm no big Rosie fan, but that fucking neocon airhead twat Lizzie Hasselbeck is as bad or worse.

Or maybe Rosie is just that big of a twat.

Hardrock69
04-25-2007, 04:11 PM
Regardless of the reason, I wish she would get run over by a semi.....

chi-town324
04-25-2007, 04:20 PM
Thank god..although i never really watch the show

Terry
04-25-2007, 08:30 PM
She's one of those celebs (and there seem to be more and more of them these days) that I wish would just go the fuck away...

Like, I don't even watch the show, yet I've seen clips of her hanging upside down in that swing and blathering her usual psychobabble constantly, and didn't ask for any of it.

It'd be nice if she just fucked off, and took the following celebs along with her:

Paris Hilton
LiLo
Britney Spears
Justin Timberlake
All the hosts of the Insider
Nancy Grace

VanHalener
04-25-2007, 09:32 PM
Not that I watch the show, but I'm glad the beast is leaving. Please Rosie, stay away from tv cameras in the future.

I'll be singing proudly in June...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PkKmsgslkBA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PkKmsgslkBA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

rustoffa
04-25-2007, 10:04 PM
So much for the clitoris-shaped bagels!!!
:p

fryingdutchman
04-25-2007, 10:26 PM

Sweet mother of FUCK, FORD!!!

Is there ANYTHING that you don't spin into an anti-Republican rant???:D

The fat fuck is leaving, either over a contract dispute or over the fact that her radical tendencies aren't digested well by the stay-at-home Moms who make up that show's main demographic.

Elisabeth Hasselbeck is irritating, that's for sure. But she's harmless. She's just a fucking hayseed who got lucky after a stint on a reality show and fell ass-backwards into a TV career.

Not everything is a vast, right-wing conspiracy...and you don't fuck with Barbara Walters, unless Barbara Walters wants to be fucked!

fryingdutchman
04-25-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by WACF
Or maybe Rosie is just that big of a twat.

We have a winner!!!!

DeadOrAlive
04-26-2007, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
i wish she would retire in some other country, just to not have to hear her annoying voice ever again.

I'm sure Canada would love her.

Ally_Kat
04-26-2007, 01:38 AM

I wish they would but a better quota right-wing chick instead of her, cuz she's an ass. If she would educate herself and actually debate instead of being a stepford wife, but not. So that's how we're portrayed.

But I think it's part Rosie wanting more than what they were offering and part her dragging on that Trump thing forever, even at that woman in media dinner. What was the point of bitching there and using the language she did?

FORD
04-26-2007, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by fryingdutchman
Sweet mother of FUCK, FORD!!!

Is there ANYTHING that you don't spin into an anti-Republican rant???:D

The fat fuck is leaving, either over a contract dispute or over the fact that her radical tendencies aren't digested well by the stay-at-home Moms who make up that show's main demographic.

Elisabeth Hasselbeck is irritating, that's for sure. But she's harmless. She's just a fucking hayseed who got lucky after a stint on a reality show and fell ass-backwards into a TV career.

Not everything is a vast, right-wing conspiracy...and you don't fuck with Barbara Walters, unless Barbara Walters wants to be fucked!

Well, this IS a vast right wing conspiracy. Everybody knows Rosie is a loudmouth confrontational Lesbian. That's who she is and has been for years, and ABC knew that when they hired her. They knew she would mix it up with Hasseltwat or any other Stepford bitch who got in her way.

So obviously that wasn't the problem? Well, then what was?

She dared to question that house of cards that the BCE calls the "official story of 9-11", that's what.

And the corporate media, particularly right wing assed Disney, just can't have that.

bueno bob
04-26-2007, 02:28 AM
Well, this IS a vast right wing conspiracy. Everybody knows Rosie is a loudmouth confrontational Lesbian. That's who she is and has been for years, and ABC knew that when they hired her. They knew she would mix it up with Hasseltwat or any other Stepford bitch who got in her way.

She dared to question that house of cards that the BCE calls the "official story of 9-11", that's what.

And the corporate media, particularly right wing assed Disney, just can't have that.

Very good point in that. Disney Inc. will allow certain things the chance to go where it will, but the very second they get a whiff that it may be more of a headache than the potential gain, said problem is gone faster than you can blink.

Disney has a long standing tradition of that.

GO-SPURS-GO
04-26-2007, 02:31 AM
I'm really convinced now Ford, that you work for the neocons that you bash. You make liberals/democrats look sooooo stupid that you make us middle of the road thinkers vote republican. It's either that or you snorted and smoked your brain cells away in the 80's. Which is it?:confused:

Ally_Kat
04-26-2007, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Very good point in that. Disney Inc. will allow certain things the chance to go where it will, but the very second they get a whiff that it may be more of a headache than the potential gain, said problem is gone faster than you can blink.

Disney has a long standing tradition of that.

Man, I'm wishing more video of her rant from that awards show would come online. The only thing so far is the clip for O'Reilly and it doesn't even show the good parts.

I mean, Barbara had her head in her hands during the whole shtick and Rosie was going after everyone she hated. To the point where Barbara had to go, "i still think of so-and-so and this one in a high light. Rosie does not speak for me" and other damage control.

Not saying that she can't open her trap, but there's a place and time.

bueno bob
04-26-2007, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
I'm really convinced now Ford, that you work for the neocons that you bash. You make liberals/democrats look sooooo stupid that you make us middle of the road thinkers vote republican. It's either that or you snorted and smoked your brain cells away in the 80's. Which is it?:confused:

Some of the more extreme theories aside, you'd do well to listen to him. You might learn something.

Because he's generally right.

bueno bob
04-26-2007, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Man, I'm wishing more video of her rant from that awards show would come online. The only thing so far is the clip for O'Reilly and it doesn't even show the good parts.

I mean, Barbara had her head in her hands during the whole shtick and Rosie was going after everyone she hated. To the point where Barbara had to go, "i still think of so-and-so and this one in a high light. Rosie does not speak for me" and other damage control.

Not saying that she can't open her trap, but there's a place and time.

I missed that, actually...is it on Youtube, or...?

Watching Rosie make an ass out of herself is always cheap and easy amusement...lol

sadaist
04-26-2007, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO

Some of the more extreme theories aside, you'd do well to listen to him. You might learn something.

I get all of my information from FORD. Misinformation, but information nonetheless.

bueno bob
04-26-2007, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by sadaist
I get all of my information from FORD. Misinformation, but information nonetheless.

Well, I'm sure he'd encourage you to do your own research...but I'd imagine he appreciates the constant attention...

Ally_Kat
04-26-2007, 02:50 AM
I missed that, actually...is it on Youtube, or...?

Watching Rosie make an ass out of herself is always cheap and easy amusement...lol

There this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea8yrxwE0KA), but it doesn't show the juicy parts, which I'm shocked about. You'd think he of all people would want to show the really interesting bits.

She ranted about Trump for the majority of the time, went on about how she was surprised that Rupert Murdoch didn't have any numbers on his forehead*, and just slew out at everyone who's ever not liked her, has voted Republican, or she suspected has voted Republican. It was like a "oh no she didn't" event, to say the least.

It's cringe video when you see the camera half on Barbara during the rants and she's sitting there shaking her head and covering her face. Half of you wants to laugh and the other half wants to go, "oh shit."

*I know Ford's going to comment about it, but let's remember that he was invited to speak about and introduce his friend Cindy Adams (who apparently was receiving some award) by the people that Rosie was representing. Not to mention a business acquaintance Barbara networks with.

bueno bob
04-26-2007, 02:56 AM
Well, the democrat party could do a lot better for itself than being represented by the Rosie the Nazi...

Cringe inducing describes her to an absolute "T". As much of a bitter loose cannon as she is, The View is probably the last decent work she's ever going to get.

And that's not saying much...it's The View for Chrissakes...

CROWBAR
04-26-2007, 03:28 AM
Rosie Who??:D

fuck that loudmouth cunt who doesn't deserve to walk the planet

fryingdutchman
04-26-2007, 05:06 AM
it's The View for Chrissakes...

And that, ultimately, is sort of the point, isn't it?

If Rosie's opinions and positions were so justified and valid, wouldn't some more "respectable" media outlets give her time to talk? Wouldn't some established politicos step up and support her?

Rosie talking is sort of like getting too close to someone flailing around with an AIDS-infected needle.

It makes you run the other way....and fast.

fryingdutchman
04-26-2007, 05:19 AM

I disagree. I think ABC was banking on the return of the "likeable" Rosie that we saw on her old talk show...to replace what was lost when Meredith Vieira jumped ship for the "Today" show.

I think they were hoping that Rosie had gotten all of the radical ranting out of her system and would be the woman who was once the hero of "Nickelodeon" fans everywhere.

Oh please, FORD. That shit is just getting old. Are we justified in questioning what really happened on that day? Of course...it's one of our basic rights. But that whole thing has just become "whisper down the lane", with each re-telling becoming more absurd than the one before.

Wake me when we get to the "aliens did it using a big laser beam from their Death Star" theory.

Rosie's nothing more than a bandwagon jumper on the whole "9-11 conspiracy/coverup" issue.

bueno bob
04-26-2007, 05:50 AM
...Wake me when we get to the "aliens did it using a big laser beam from their Death Star" theory.

Alright, let's leave my house out of this.

:mad:

Matt White
04-26-2007, 06:41 AM
ahhhhhhhhhh....so Rosie is gone...

Who'll yank the chain of the reactionary Right-wingers now?:p

BigBadBrian
04-26-2007, 08:15 AM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

scamper
04-26-2007, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Regardless of the reason, I wish she would get run over by a semi.....

The semi would lose.

No one can be worse than a dim witted fat ass that makes shit up and touts it as reality. Wait am I talking about rosie or michael moore I can't remember.

BITEYOASS
04-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Well it has nothing to do with a conspiracy, she was just a bull-dyke bitch that everyone hated--cast, crew and viewers alike. Besides FORD, I wouldn't say Rosie is anti-establishment, since she was ranting and raving about having a government requirment for a V-chip to be installed inside of every TV more than 10 years ago. She has big brother aspirations as well.

VanHalener
04-26-2007, 11:29 AM
30 Seconds on The Farm presents...Rosie O'Donnell

Kids describe Rosie and her lifestyle. Not sure why kids like Rosie, but they seem to...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/24QxEmxh-tc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/24QxEmxh-tc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Diamondjimi
04-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
So much for the clitoris-shaped bagels!!!
:p
:lol:

So much for these too.....

http://www.tackytreasures.com/tackyhtml/tackyimages/breastmug-3397.jpg

sadaist
04-26-2007, 11:48 AM
For a bunch of people who say they hate The View, you guys sure know a lot about it and each member.

Ally_Kat
04-26-2007, 02:30 PM
And that, ultimately, is sort of the point, isn't it?

If Rosie's opinions and positions were so justified and valid, wouldn't some more "respectable" media outlets give her time to talk? Wouldn't some established politicos step up and support her?

Rosie talking is sort of like getting too close to someone flailing around with an AIDS-infected needle.

It makes you run the other way....and fast.

I don't think it's what her opinions are as much (because there are some nuts on boths sides who claim some weird crap), but how she gets that message out there. A little touch of class and restraint wouldn't hurt her cause.

WACF
04-26-2007, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
Well it has nothing to do with a conspiracy, she was just a bull-dyke bitch that everyone hated--cast, crew and viewers alike. Besides FORD, I wouldn't say Rosie is anti-establishment, since she was ranting and raving about having a government requirment for a V-chip to be installed inside of every TV more than 10 years ago. She has big brother aspirations as well.

People on the far far left believe in the nanny state....

Speaking for Canada that is.

WACF
04-26-2007, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
There this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea8yrxwE0KA), but it doesn't show the juicy parts, which I'm shocked about. You'd think he of all people would want to show the really interesting bits.

Interesting clip...he pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Angel
04-26-2007, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by DeadOrAlive
I'm sure Canada would love her.

Highly unlikely. We hate loud-mouthed Americans...

rustoffa
04-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
:lol:

So much for these too.....

http://www.tackytreasures.com/tackyhtml/tackyimages/breastmug-3397.jpg

Hell yeah!!!
:D

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9910/55043583co8.jpg

Ozzy Fudd
04-27-2007, 05:14 PM
Buh-Bye ya fat fuckin Anti American SLAG

http://www.sp5.org.uk/westdean/pig1.jpg

The_KiD
04-27-2007, 05:16 PM
I cannot stand her...

KiD

chi-town324
04-28-2007, 08:37 AM
maybe she can go do another baseball movie

BITEYOASS
04-28-2007, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by sadaist
For a bunch of people who say they hate The View, you guys sure know a lot about it and each member.

That's because the damn hospital waiting rooms always have it on and they won't let you change the channel. Especially when I'm really in the mood for Jerry Springer or one of those pregnancy test episodes of Maury Povich.

Nitro Express
04-28-2007, 03:34 PM
Rosie is like herpes. She can be temporarily dispatched but always returns.

Unless someone encases her in cement and tosses the load into the East River, she will be back.

Oh well. I kind of enjoy Donald Trump ripping on her.

Viking
04-28-2007, 08:59 PM
Rosie O'Bese is walking birth control. At the very sight of her, I'm lucky if I can pee on my shoes for two days afterwards.

Where can I get one of those titty mugs? :D :killer:

Antman
04-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Like they say, Good riddance to fat dykes.

chi-town324
04-28-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Viking
Rosie O'Bese is walking birth control. At the very sight of her, I'm lucky if I can pee on my shoes for two days afterwards.

Where can I get one of those titty mugs? :D :killer: :D

Ally_Kat
04-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Viking

Where can I get one of those titty mugs? :D :killer:

Ebay! Mug and pitcher on there right now -- http://cgi.ebay.com/Fetish-Novelty-Breast-shaped-Mug-and-Pitcher-GOT-MILK_W0QQitemZ150117426672QQihZ005QQcategoryZ13942 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

smithcreww
04-29-2007, 01:45 AM
see ya!!!!!!!!