PDA

View Full Version : Marijuana sold in U.S. stronger than ever

Hardrock69
04-26-2007, 01:26 PM
Funny...they do not mention any details of what kind of "medical emergencies' have been documented due to smoking pot.

It is still a fact that in the entire history of mankind, there has never been a death of a human directly and solely attributed to the smoking or ingestion of marijuana.

Updated: 2 hours, 15 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - The marijuana being sold across the United States is stronger than ever, which could explain a growing number of medical emergencies that involve the drug, government drug experts Wednesday.

Analysis of seized samples of marijuana and hashish showed that more of the cannabis on the market is of the strongest grade, the White House and National Institute for Drug Abuse said.

They cited data from the University of Mississippi’s Marijuana Potency Project showing the average levels of THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, in the products rose from 7 percent in 2003 to 8.5 percent in 2006.
Story continues below ↓advertisement

The level had risen steadily from 3.5 percent in 1988.

National Institute on Drug Abuse Director Dr. Nora Volkow fears the problem is not being taken seriously because many adults remember the marijuana of their youth as harmless.

“It’s really not the same type of marijuana,” Volkow said in a telephone interview.

“This could explain why there has been an increase in the number of medical emergencies involving marijuana.”

The pharmacy department at Mississippi has compiled data on 59,369 samples of cannabis, 1,225 hashish samples, and 443 hash oil samples confiscated since 1975. “The highest concentration of (THC) found in a cannabis (marijuana) sample is 33.12 percent from Oregon State Police,” the report reads.

'This is Pot 2.0'
Hashish and hash oil concentrations are far higher, as they consist of processed plant product.

“Researchers and treatment experts have argued for some time that today’s more powerful marijuana has more harmful effects on users. This report underscores that we are no longer talking about the drug of the 1960s and 1970s — this is Pot 2.0,” John Walters, director of National Drug Control Policy, said in a statement.

Volkow said demand has driven growers to cultivate the stronger stuff. “It is the market,” she said. “Like in the market you favor the best tomatoes. When people buy marijuana, they don’t want a weak cigarette.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18310976/

Ellyllions
04-26-2007, 01:46 PM
"weak cigarette" we used to call it... "grim reefer"...

ODShowtime
04-26-2007, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
They cited data from the University of Mississippi’s Marijuana Potency Project showing the average levels of THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, in the products rose from 7 percent in 2003 to 8.5 percent in 2006.

The level had risen steadily from 3.5 percent in 1988.

That's a great achievement and something we can all be proud of.

BTW, I've tried my damndest to OD on my special medicine, and IT'S IMPOSSIBLE. You should have seen me last weekend. We were really shooting for the stars. It was the holiday season after all.

bastardog
04-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Still a normal cigarette can cause more damage to your heath than the so called "Pot 2.0"

BITEYOASS
04-26-2007, 03:23 PM
Well did this study take into account whether the user knew if the joint they bought was laced with angel dust as the main cause of medical emergencies related to marijuana?

blueturk
04-27-2007, 06:04 AM
"Medical emergencies" my ass! What happened, did somebody eat too much and get sick?

bueno bob
04-27-2007, 06:57 AM
Thank God. I'm so tired of weak weed.

:mad:

ThrillsNSpills
04-27-2007, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by blueturk
"Medical emergencies" my ass! What happened, did somebody eat too much and get sick?

Too many dudes chasing the Tastycakes Trucks on the highway.

Douglas T.
04-27-2007, 03:24 PM
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n137/DTSKYNYRD/Van%20Halen/doobiebig.jpg=http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n137/DTSKYNYRD/Van%20Halen/burgers1-1.jpg

Hardrock69
04-28-2007, 02:00 PM
Damn, one thing I miss....

VH had a killer sense of humour as a band....and their photo shoots like the above belong in the Comedy Hall Of Fame....

When they played Seattle Setp. 29, 1978, I was driving up I-5 to the Seattle Center. They were being interviewed on KISW, and I laughed so hard my sides hurt!
:D

Nitro Express
04-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Classic Van Halen was cool at every angle. The great music was one degree but there was much more to it than that.

Alex looks like some drunk passed out in a mountain of burgers and fries. LOL! There might be a naked woman in there somewhere.

Macu
04-30-2007, 04:00 AM
If your friend gives you marijuana,he is not your friend.He is your BROTHER!