PDA

View Full Version : Ozzy Osbourne - I Don't Wanna Stop

WARF
04-27-2007, 08:01 PM
Okay, after a few listens i'm convinced this is the best Ozzy material since 1988.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/glbHnKWDnDU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/glbHnKWDnDU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

WARF
04-27-2007, 08:17 PM
The prince of fucking darkness came correct...
Who fucking cares if his voice is pro-tooled...
He's like 60 fucking years old...
Vintage Ozzy...
Yeah.. not bad...
And didn't he ummm like start this fucking genre!!
THE GODFATHER OF NETAL IS BACK!!!
WHAT A KEWL ALBUM COVER!!!

The_KiD
04-27-2007, 09:22 PM
I dunno man.. It sounds like Ozzy (with pro-tools) singing to Zak's material...

I do like the album cover though..

KiD

Little Texan
04-27-2007, 10:28 PM
That beats the fuck out of anything on Down To Earth! I'm digging this new tune!

VanHalener
04-27-2007, 10:32 PM
Diggin' it!
:rockit2: :bananna: :bananna: :killer: :killer: :lookie: :killer: :killer: :bananna: :bananna: :rockit2:

Seshmeister
04-27-2007, 11:12 PM
I wish he would just fucking stop.

Seshmeister
04-27-2007, 11:12 PM
Pointless mediocre shit.

Seshmeister
04-27-2007, 11:18 PM
Ozzy was my favorite band up to 1984.

Retire already.

Compare this crap to even SATO.

Zack couldn't write a decent song if his fat ass depended on it. Ozzy can't do shit without Bob Daisly.

Cheers

:gulp:

mako_kimura
04-28-2007, 12:26 AM
And yet, nobody gives a shit about your pointless opinions. I think the jury's in that this is a pretty killer tune. Personally, I think it's a banging track, I can't wait for the new album. Hell, Ozzman even got his old logo back!

EVHSoloman
04-28-2007, 12:31 AM
damn, ozzy's still gots it! yeah!

perilousepete
04-28-2007, 01:04 AM
this song fuckin kicks ass........not quite as good as that i never had, cause that song just kicks my ass every time i hear it......but i have a feeling this album will be what he says it will be: a true follow up to no more tears. (not that he has a whole lot to compete with with ozzmosis or down to earth as far as those albums as a whole go). but i'm also a major zakk fan so i guess i'm biased.

JohnnyGuitar69
04-28-2007, 01:25 AM
It's about fucking time...KICKASS!!!

JohnnyGuitar69
04-28-2007, 01:29 AM
This song will be the new strip club anthem as soon as it's released.

Wow, metal that you can FUCK to is back...what a concept! :-)

And if you don't get that fact, go back to spankin' it!

LOL

bueno bob
04-28-2007, 01:51 AM
It sucks. Ozzy just needs to fucking hang it up already, it's so plainly obvious he's done. You know, my wife doesn't know shit about music production and when she asks me "Why does Ozzy's voice always sound like it's computerized?", that says it all. Fucking Pro Tools magic because the man is done.The mother fucker can't sing anymore and he's as much of a studio creation as the Spice Girls. Out of somebody with a legacy like Ozzy THAT IS PATHETIC.

The Ozzy Osbourne of 1970-1988 would BEAT THE FUCKING SHIT out of the Ozzy Osbourne of 2007 if the two of them were ever in the same room.

The song is VERY mediocre, pedestrian drivel. That said it's a LITTLE better than Down to Earth material, but only a LITTLE.

As said before, Ozzy without Bob Daisley (or at least Tony and Geezer) isn't worth the effort.

bueno bob
04-28-2007, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by WARF
The prince of fucking darkness came correct...
Who fucking cares if his voice is pro-tooled...

I do.

He's like 60 fucking years old...
Vintage Ozzy...
Yeah.. not bad...

Oh come on, Warf...this is HARDLY vintage Ozzy...

And Ronnie's at least ten years older than him - and NOT Pro Tooled...

And didn't he ummm like start this fucking genre!!

No, actually, he didn't. Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler did. Ozzy, as usual, was just along for the ride.

THE GODFATHER OF NETAL IS BACK!!!
WHAT A KEWL ALBUM COVER!!!

:rolleyes:

bueno bob
04-28-2007, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by JohnnyGuitar69
This song will be the new strip club anthem as soon as it's released.

Great...so is Dr. Dre and Snoop... :rolleyes:

Wow, metal that you can FUCK to is back...what a concept! :-)

And if you don't get that fact, go back to spankin' it!

LOL

Someday I hope my standards of judging music quality get as high as "Can I fuck to it?"

Lotta people hanging off of Ozzy's dick these days...grate...$haron loves you all...

Panamark
04-28-2007, 01:58 AM
I think the streams here might sound better WARFMAN..

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/online_downloads/ozzy_osbourne_i_dont_wanna_stop_audio_streams_onli ne.html

Panamark
04-28-2007, 02:02 AM
I think Ive posted this in about 3 other threads here, but this
song has got me interested enough to
want to check out "Black Rain"..

The last few Ozz albums sucked..

No Rest for the Wicked was awesome,
and No more tears was probably the next
best thereafter.
I didnt care for Ozzmosis either..

bueno bob
04-28-2007, 02:05 AM
Nothing in this song has the ability to change my mind. It's just too blase, too cliche, and too pedestrian.

Ozzy got killed on the No Rest for the Wicked tour and an evil clone created by $haron has taken his place. It's the only possible explanation.

Cult of Roth
04-28-2007, 02:21 AM
I've been on the fence with this one the past few days, trying to figure out if I like this song. I don't hate it, but it's definitely nothing special.

I agree with bob, his digitized voice has been pissing me off for years. I don't care how bad his real voice is at this point, I'd still rather hear that then this studio-produced imitation of his voice.

Musically I'm digging this song. Lyrics...meh, I could take em or leave em. The voice grates on me, so I can't put it on the same level as his 80's work, but to each their own, I guess.

JohnnyGuitar69
04-28-2007, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Great...so is Dr. Dre and Snoop... :rolleyes:

Someday I hope my standards of judging music quality get as high as "Can I fuck to it?"

Lotta people hanging off of Ozzy's dick these days...grate...$haron loves you all...

Bob, I didn't say that was the only criteria. There's nothing wrong with a kickass groove.

bueno bob
04-28-2007, 06:29 AM
Bob, I didn't say that was the only criteria. There's nothing wrong with a kickass groove.

OK.

But the song still sucks.

:)

Panamark
04-28-2007, 07:46 AM
I wanna hear the rest of the album, many people have
said there are a few decent tracks..

They are the ones I want to hear !

This track seems like a bit of a teaser to me..
Hopefully its not the best on the album.

Seshmeister
04-28-2007, 10:19 AM
Seems that the younger you are more you like it.

Shaun Ponsonby
04-28-2007, 11:24 AM
I must be the anomalie.

bueno bob
04-28-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
I must be the anomalie.

Nah, you just have brains.

Shaun Ponsonby
04-28-2007, 12:43 PM
How DARE you.

It's ears I have.

bueno bob
04-28-2007, 01:03 PM
And legs. You know how to use them.

Shaun Ponsonby
04-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Are you suggesting I kick Ozzy in the balls?

The_KiD
04-28-2007, 01:56 PM
Are you suggesting I kick Ozzy in the balls?

Smashing idea.. The song blows..

KiD

JohnnyGuitar69
04-28-2007, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Seems that the younger you are more you like it.

I dunno 'bout that. I'm 45.
I'm not saying that this tune is the best thing Ozzy has ever done, but I do say it's a damn fun song. I enjoy it.

The rhythm section sounds killer here. They're locked in on a wicked groove, and they're playing like they mean it.

Zakk isn't bad on it, either! LOL

WARF
04-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Why do people always have to compares artists to their earlier records?
Ozzy is fucking 60 years old... he's done more cocaine and booze in Nashville 78' one fucking night... than any of these poser ass metal groups of the 21st century in their entire careers!! I appreciate Ozzy is tryin' to give the fans a good record geared towards the BLIZZARD years... than the crap he put out the past couple decades!! Keep wearin' your mullets and listen to your 70's records.... and claim rock n roll is dead.... cuz your refuse to accept anything less than the Randy Rhodes era... maybe we should all just work at carnivals... and keep up our POISON posters where Bret Michaels combover starts at his ass hairs!!!!

JohnnyGuitar69
04-28-2007, 03:57 PM
Ozzy is fucking 60 years old... he's done more cocaine and booze in Nashville 78' one fucking night... than any of these poser ass metal groups of the 21st century in their entire careers!! I appreciate Ozzy is tryin' to give the fans a good record geared towards the BLIZZARD years... than the crap he put out the past couple decades!! Keep wearin' your mullets and listen to your 70's records.... and claim rock n roll is dead.... cuz your refuse to accept anything less than the Randy Rhodes era... maybe we should all just work at carnivals... and keep up our POISON posters where Bret Michaels combover starts at his ass hairs!!!!

Amen to that!

Freewheelin
04-28-2007, 04:21 PM
I have been an Ozzy /Sabbath fan since 78 , this song fucking kicks ass , I respect the fact that the man that has defined Heavy Metal is aging and needs some help on the vocal tracks. Ok its not Blizzard or Diary but to that I say so fucking what ? Its one of my all time favorite people and true to his nature he is rocking his ass off . Even tho he is getting on in years Ozz could make you pasty white basement dwellers look fucking sad . Get out of yer parents house and stop bemoaning the fact that time marches on . That man could rock out till the day he dies and I will continue to listen .

Seshmeister
04-28-2007, 08:38 PM
I appreciate Ozzy is tryin' to give the fans a good record geared towards the BLIZZARD years... than the crap he put out the past couple decades!!

The point is it's fucking nothing like the Blizzard years, its below par No Rest for the Wicked.

I was talking last night in a bar to a guy from my bros work and he likes it too.

I woke up today and sudden;y realised I had seen Ozzy live before he was born so maybe I'm just an a old fart now but I'm sure I'm right and he's wrong...:)

Seshmeister
04-28-2007, 08:40 PM
I appreciate Ozzy is tryin' to give the fans a good record geared towards the BLIZZARD years... than the crap he put out the past couple decades!!

The point is it's fucking nothing like the Blizzard years, its below par No Rest for the Wicked.

I was talking last night in a bar to a guy from my bros work and he likes it too. We were saying it was mediocre.

I woke up today and suddenly realised I had seen Ozzy live before he was born so maybe I'm just an a old fart now but I'm sure I'm right and he's wrong...:)

Poor kid doesn't know any better because he wasn't there when Ozzy was good.

WARF
04-28-2007, 08:57 PM

I was talking last night in a bar

Shocking! ;)

The_KiD
04-28-2007, 09:39 PM

I see your point and it is a good one. I listened with an open mind. Twice actually.. I know he is old and has done it all but it is time to retire IMO. I will listen to the album when it is released but my expectations are still low..

Cheers,

KiD

MERRYKISSMASS2U
04-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by The_KiD
Smashing idea.. The song blows..

KiD

And that just about wraps it up!

Rebel
04-28-2007, 10:34 PM

no shit.

People will always bitch and moan, of course Ozzy isn't like he was 25 years ago..........who the fuck is?? IMO, if you think it's time for an entertainer to retire, then don't go see the shows, buy the albums or movies, etc., and let it the fuck go. If there are people who still enjoy it, don't worry bout it. Trust me, Ozzy and Zakk won't notice you missing from the sold out stadiums in Europe.

If Dave and VH released an album next year, there would be people saying "It's not Fair Warning".

Seshmeister
04-28-2007, 10:48 PM
Ok but if a reformed Van Halen somehow turned into a shittier version of Twisted Sister I would be the first to say so.

I don't think that could happen.

Zack can't write and Ozzy is gone.

If his wife wasn't such a hideous cunt then they would have Bob Daisley writing which could have brought this album up to at least half good.

Cheers!

Cult of Roth
04-28-2007, 11:48 PM
I could give a rat's ass if he sounds like he did 25 years ago. I wouldn't even care that they use studio tricks to help his voice, except he sounds like he's singing from inside a damned metal box.

I'll give the album a chance, hopefully there's some good stuff on there, but I'm not gonna give the song a pass just because "it's OZZY and he's OLD, at least he's trying!"

Screw that. Either you can still rock or you can't. If Roth came out with an album where he sounded like a cross between Peter Cetera and Cher would we give him a pass?

Well yeah, I suppose some of you would ;)

Tiki-Tom
04-29-2007, 12:17 AM
Ozzy's output as of late is much like comparing a few random visits to the can. Some may be sinkers and some will undoubtedly float. Interesting, maybe, but in the end it still amounts to shit and you feel compelled to flush.

perilousepete
04-29-2007, 01:28 AM
it would be easy to say that the album will suck judging by ozzy's last two, but even zakk says those last two ones were shit and he really wanted to make this one special. i would think that if you were like 59 years old, and you obviously don't need to make any more music, you wouldn't go through all the hassel. i think that if ozzy still has the urge to put out another album, he's gonna try as hard as he can to make it kick ass. you wouldn't just say "oh, i suppose i better put out another shitty album" when it takes all the time and whatever to put one together. personally i don't care about the voice fixes cause if it makes it sound better, whatever. i'm just lookin for some good new rock n roll, which is hard to come by right now.

Tiki-Tom
04-29-2007, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by perilousepete
i think that if ozzy still has the urge to put out another album, he's gonna try as hard as he can to make it kick ass.

You are spot on with the above statement but in more ways than you apparently realize. It also sums up in one sentence the reason I'm sure Ozzy's best days are by far behind him. As hard as he may try, the man just can't cut it anymore. I'm sure he's trying his best to kick ass but life (and sharon)has been doing a better job of kickin his ass lately, sorry to say.

DLRdelight!
04-29-2007, 04:43 AM
to me its not a bad song, but it aint great either. i guess ill check out the album as well. too bad i havent heard a lot of ozzys stuff, only a handfull

Shaun Ponsonby
04-29-2007, 09:34 AM
I will say tha it'll be interesting to see how it sells.

And who buys it.

Will it be the likes of us, the fans...OR...will it be people who want to listen to the funny man who has trouble speaking and cleans up cat piss on TV and didn't even know he was a singer?

perilousepete
04-29-2007, 01:27 PM
I will say tha it'll be interesting to see how it sells.

And who buys it.

Will it be the likes of us, the fans...OR...will it be people who want to listen to the funny man who has trouble speaking and cleans up cat piss on TV and didn't even know he was a singer?

yeah....it's too bad he ever did that show. just made himself look like a complete ass, and a lot of people that aren't real fans of him just think he's a moron who can't even think straight. he kind of lost his badass image from that show....i mean who would've guessed that a guy from a band like black sabbath would let the world think of him as an indiot. but i still love him and have total respect for him.

binnie
04-29-2007, 01:50 PM
Musically, I like it actually: it's not breaking any new ground, and It's certainly not amazing, but I was banging my head and thinking it was solid, if not spectacular.

But Ozz's voice is gone, he sounds like Stephen Hawkins! To me, it would have been better with a different singer, and there's nothing there that, even in the music, screams THIS IS OZZY OSBOURNE!

He also cannot wrote a chorus anymore.

It's not "kick ass" by any means, but it's solid enough and probably better than anything on the last two solo records - but that's not saying much.

Solid, decent, but not killer.

But there again, I wasn't expecting it to be..

WARF
04-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Attention: Seshmeister

How many albums did you sell last year?

Shut the fuck up...

;)

Seshmeister
04-29-2007, 05:48 PM
http://twaze.com/aolpix/ostrich.gif...:)

Shaun Ponsonby
04-30-2007, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by binnie

He also cannot wrote a chorus anymore.

And you cannot wrote in English anymore, it seems.

;)

binnie
04-30-2007, 06:56 AM
Ha Ha, doesn't bode well for my doctorate does it?

Damn typos

ace diamond
04-30-2007, 10:39 PM
is it just me or is the fact like lost on some people here that ozzy is
well aware of some folks saying he should pack it in.....and this song is his response......he basically is saying, "fuck you,no!"

Matt White
04-30-2007, 10:48 PM
Sounds like a Rob Zombie rip off...with better guitar.......

pflo
04-30-2007, 10:50 PM
I'd say this is better than "Cant Get This Stuff No More"......but not "Me Wise Magic" (speaking of Pro Tools vox).

binnie
05-01-2007, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
Sounds like a Rob Zombie rip off...with better guitar.......

Now you've said it, I can hear that actually. I wonder if the producer Ozzy's working with worked with Rob Zombie at some point...

Seshmeister
05-01-2007, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by ace diamond
is it just me or is the fact like lost on some people here that ozzy is
well aware of some folks saying he should pack it in.....and this song is his response......he basically is saying, "fuck you,no!"

Yeah but the irony is that Ozzy is the one who wants to pack it in and his wife won't let him. Also Ozzy doesn't write lyrics, he can't so Sharon paid someone(or at least promised someone she would pay them) to write these lyrics for Ozzy to sing.

Cheers!

binnie
05-01-2007, 05:40 AM
Do you really think that Ozzy didn't write these lyrics?

I mean, they are piss-poor so I can't imagine a hired-hand did them...

DrMaddVibe
05-01-2007, 06:00 AM
I'd rather here this on the radio than rap!

Panamark
05-01-2007, 06:23 AM
Right now Ozzy is reading Sesh's posts and thinking,
FUCK !! I should have given up when Sesh did....
What was I thinking ??

S H A R O N !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DrMaddVibe
05-01-2007, 07:50 AM
At least he's putting new music out. What's Van Halen's excuse?

binnie
05-01-2007, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe

Amen to that!

It will receive next to no UK airplay though...

Shaun Ponsonby
05-01-2007, 08:14 AM
I dunno, ozzy's a celebutard now.

They play stuff from celebutards

binnie
05-01-2007, 08:18 AM
I dunno, ozzy's a celebutard now.

They play stuff from celebutards

If, or rather, when he releases a ballad then I have no doubt that they will release it.

Lets just hope that its not a turgid pile of shite like "Dreamer"...

Shaun Ponsonby
05-01-2007, 08:25 AM
HA!

Exactly, exactly.

More "Goodbye To Romance"-esque.

binnie
05-01-2007, 08:26 AM
I'd love it to be, but I can't see it in a million years....

"Mama, mama I'm comin' hooooome...."

perilousepete
05-01-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe

double amen to that

Seshmeister
05-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Amen to that!

It will receive next to no UK airplay though...

Hey Binnie have you checked out the new Rock radio station in Scotland 96.3?

It's pretty cool.

I was in a taxi the other day with the SM and the new Ozzy single was played. She summed it up in one word - 'Embarrassing'

Rebel
05-01-2007, 11:00 PM
Yeah but the irony is that Ozzy is the one who wants to pack it in and his wife won't let him.

How do you know this?? Just because she's a bitch you assume this, or do you really know?

I'm so sick of people judging Ozzy by Sharon. She's a bitch, but so what?? I know several cool guys who have cunts for a wife, not gonna judge them because of it.

WACF
05-02-2007, 01:32 AM
The big picture...all excuses aside.

This song fucking blows.
Very forgetable.
I still hear "Get's me Through" on FM and Sat radio...this new song will fade away to never be heard again.

No artist can recapture the high point...there will be no Diary or Blizzard again...but we should have some decent material coming out yet.

Rush put out an excellent CD today...after what...34 years?
Dio with Sabbath...at his/their age....just put out 3 killer new tracks.

I like BLS...and I think Zakk pulled up short on this if he was involved in the writing.
Alot of BLS cries out for Ozzy on vocals...I hope this track is the weak single and there are some killer tunes on it.

Panamark
05-02-2007, 02:39 AM
WACF, totally agree about the BLS stuff. Ive heard a lot of tunes
that I thought, fuck this would great if Ozzy was singing..
Zakk sounds like a Bruce Springstein wannabe when he sings
IMHO..

binnie
05-02-2007, 03:09 AM
I really dig BLS, and its impressive how much material Zakk puts out.

"Sonic Brew" was a deadly metal album, really impressive.

Not too sure he's come near it since though....

binnie
05-02-2007, 03:11 AM
Hey Binnie have you checked out the new Rock radio station in Scotland 96.3?

It's pretty cool.

I'll try and check that out: I'm in England now (well, for about 17 years actually!) but I'll see if I can tune into it, God knows we need a decent rock station!

Anonymous
05-02-2007, 05:21 AM
Lemmy has been writing most of the relevant Ozzy material for years, anyway.

They used to be in the same league.... now they're so far apart it's not even funny.

Fuck you Ozzy, and fuck you Sharon.

Cheers! :bottle:

bueno bob
05-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Thing is, after 18 years of sub-par solo material (and often times abysmally horrific solo material), people are all too easy to forgive Ozzy's half-assed new material as great, simply because he hasn't done shit in years - and because $haron's fucked him over by turning him into an MTV celebrity, which REALLY hurt his credibility...but fuck, at least it made her money...

Bottom line is that Black Rain is not going to be the return to dominance for Ozzy. In two months, you'll be able to buy a copy of it on eBay for $1.00 plus shipping and there'll be millions of copies to choose from...

Shaun Ponsonby
05-02-2007, 09:30 AM
HOLY FUCK.

THOSE BREASTS ARE DANGEROUS.

bueno bob
05-02-2007, 09:34 AM
Good Lord, you're right!

:eek:

ThrillsNSpills
05-02-2007, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
$haron's fucked him over by turning him into an MTV celebrity, which REALLY hurt his credibility...but fuck, at least it made her money...

Boy you hit the nail on the head.
Imagine whorin your hub out on the tube as a clown cos he had too many prescriptions. I mean the guy doesn't just wake up one day and he's blabberin and incoherant. She had to know what was going on and it couldn't have been love....

binnie
05-02-2007, 09:54 AM
HOLY FUCK.

THOSE BREASTS ARE DANGEROUS.

Damn staraight.

Jeezus!

perilousepete
05-03-2007, 12:47 AM
I really dig BLS, and its impressive how much material Zakk puts out.

"Sonic Brew" was a deadly metal album, really impressive.

Not too sure he's come near it since though....

fuck yeah! except my favorite album of his is the blessed hellride. his last few albums have been less raw....i think "faith is blind" is an ass kickin song off his latest album though. still waitin for another demise of sanity, stillborn, or bored to tears though.......

on a side note, zakk's playin "in this river" in that dimebag rockwalk induction on may 17th.

binnie
05-03-2007, 02:43 AM
Cheers Pete, I' didn't know that!

Seshmeister
05-03-2007, 04:30 AM
I'm in England now (well, for about 17 years actually!)

Sorry to hear that hope you are keeping your spirits up...:(

binnie
05-03-2007, 07:27 AM
Sorry to hear that hope you are keeping your spirits up...:(

Ha Ha!!

I know, I'm probably more Yorkshire than anything else these days to be honest, accent included.

Grandparents on my mums side were both Irish, my dads parents were Yorkshire through and through - so I haven't got a clue what that makes me really.

At least I'm not a Southerner, which is a fate worse than hell as far as I'm concerned....