PDA

View Full Version : I got foreign popcorn!

Ally_Kat
05-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Orville Redenbacher was on sale at the local Stop n' Shop, so I picked some up. I got this thing for Kettlecorn.

Anyway, I take the thing out of the microwave and I'm walking over here when I spot Chinese and Korean characters all over the bag. The only English on the bag is the name Orville Redenbacher's and this side up.

Did I get a weird box or is this normal for this brand?

FORD
05-03-2007, 12:18 AM
Was it Kimchee flavored popcorn?

Hardrock69
05-03-2007, 10:15 AM
I had foreign popcorn once. Saw Indiana Jones and the Final Crusade in a theater in Picadilly Circus in London.

4 differences between that theater, and theaters in the US.

1. They asked if I wanted sugar or salt on my popcorn. I had never even heard of having sugared popcorn until that day.

2. This one is common in Europe. No ice in the soft drink. They assured me the drink was cold (it was), but I am an ice cruncher, so I was slightly put off by not being able to have ice. But...no matter.

3. Walked down the hall towards the theater. There was a concessions counter in a rather large opening in the wall, where they were selling mini-bottles of booze. Such a thing would be illegal in the US. Too bad. I find it a fairly civilized idea. The barbarians in the US would certainly enjoy such a thing.

4. Instead of common restrooms out in the hallway, the doors leading to the mens and ladies rooms were in the theater itself. One on each side of the screen.

It was kind of an interesting experience.

I wish I could afford to go back across the pond for a vacation again.

:cool:

Dr. Love
05-04-2007, 02:49 AM
screenshot or stfu

Hardrock69
05-04-2007, 05:20 PM
Same to you, Goober.

STFU

Dr. Love
05-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Same to you, Goober.

STFU

stfu or stfu

Seshmeister
05-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
I had foreign popcorn once. Saw Indiana Jones and the Final Crusade in a theater in Picadilly Circus in London.

4 differences between that theater, and theaters in the US.

1. They asked if I wanted sugar or salt on my popcorn. I had never even heard of having sugared popcorn until that day.

2. This one is common in Europe. No ice in the soft drink. They assured me the drink was cold (it was), but I am an ice cruncher, so I was slightly put off by not being able to have ice. But...no matter.

3. Walked down the hall towards the theater. There was a concessions counter in a rather large opening in the wall, where they were selling mini-bottles of booze. Such a thing would be illegal in the US. Too bad. I find it a fairly civilized idea. The barbarians in the US would certainly enjoy such a thing.

4. Instead of common restrooms out in the hallway, the doors leading to the mens and ladies rooms were in the theater itself. One on each side of the screen.

It was kind of an interesting experience.

I wish I could afford to go back across the pond for a vacation again.

:cool:

Probably not a good time for you to visit with the exchange rate at the moment.

I don't think the no ice thing is universal, lots of ice obviously means less drink so good for profits.

The sweet popcorn is more like a caramel coating than just shaking sugar on it.

It's just a way of making sure that even the one low calorie option in cinema food becomes high.:)

Cheers!

:gulp:

Hardrock69
05-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
stfu or stfu

stfu or stfu or stfu

:D

Viking
05-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Kettlecorn fuggin' ROCKS! :killer: :killer: :killer: :killer: :killer:

Viking
05-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Orville Reddenpecker also has a corn-on-the-cob variety that does taste like it's on the cob, too.