PDA

View Full Version : GnR vs. Nirvana

Polk High
05-03-2007, 12:30 AM
After all that has gone down between these bands who do you think was the better band. Someone brought this up at work today and I fought hard for GNR to be far superior. I still stand by my assessment that the best thing Cobain did for his career was die and I'm not saying that to be mean. He didn't have to become "unpoplular" like everyone eventually does.

I remember buying Nevermind before it became popular and I loved it, now I was really young at the time

sadaist
05-03-2007, 02:21 AM
Foo Fighters are better than Nirvana. GnR had one good album and Axl is a cocksucker. Still, just based on Appetite, I'll go with Guns.

DLRdelight!
05-03-2007, 02:53 AM
I used to listen to nirvana all the time a couple years ago but now i hardly do. i as well favor the foos over nirvana, but then again i have always disliked slash, now even more than before and we all know why. axl gets annoying after a while. oh and did i mention i dislike slash

binnie
05-03-2007, 02:56 AM
Guns, no question.

I actaully like Nirvana, thought "In Utero" was great.

But they were a band, not the new messiahs!

DLRdelight!
05-03-2007, 03:52 AM
have to agree with you on that in utero is great.

DrMaddVibe
05-03-2007, 06:15 AM
Out of those two, I'll take Nirvana.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
05-03-2007, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by sadaist
GnR had one good album

You are delirious.

Shaun Ponsonby
05-03-2007, 08:39 AM
The only album oot of both that I like is "Appeitite"

ZamboniMan
05-03-2007, 11:17 AM
GnR all the way, it's too bad Axl is such a douche, the real lineup could still sell out a tour if they were still playing together.

binnie
05-03-2007, 11:35 AM
Nirvana Unplugged is a good album, and I love the uncontrolled garage-rock of Bleech.

But they can't compete with Guns.

Use Your Illusions may have been patchy, but if they'd have put all of the decent tunes on one disk it would have been a killer, not Appetite, but a killer nonetheless.

I also quite like The Spaghetti Incident, the raw production kicks when you crank it.

sadaist
05-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
You are delirious.

Then the alcohol I've been drinking is doing it's job.

Steve Savicki
05-03-2007, 12:42 PM
Just listen to what you like ha-cha-cha-cha!

Terry
05-03-2007, 01:57 PM
Would probably be more likely to listen to Appetite or select tracks off the Illusion albums than Nirvana these days...once in awhile I give Unplugged a spin...

I will agree that I dig the Foos more than I ever cared for Nirvana.

sadaist
05-03-2007, 02:12 PM
I was really turned off of Nirvana after Cobain died and became like another Lennon or Morrison to so many people. I agree he had talent, but come on.

And GnR won't ever get another dime from me. Seen them 3 times, and each time was worse than before. They sounded ok, but Axl was 3 hours late, had tantrums, yelled at the crowd, left early, etc... If they ever have another good song or album, I'll download it for free.

FUCK 'EM!

cMb
05-04-2007, 12:15 AM
I kinda got into Nirvana after Cobain offed himself.
The song 'I Hate Myself & I Want to Die' just seemed so real after he was gone. He was an amazaing songwriter.

Nevermind, Bleach & Utero were really raw sounding albums.

GNR, on the other hand, never did much for me.

Axl is a bitch.

Grant
05-04-2007, 12:42 AM
Even though I find myself listening to Nirvana more often (i.e. Nevermind and Unplugged), I gotta go with Gunners.

sadaist
05-04-2007, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by cMb

Axl is a bitch.

Truer words have rarely been spoken...(or typed)

binnie
05-04-2007, 02:41 AM
I was really turned off of Nirvana after Cobain died and became like another Lennon or Morrison to so many people. I agree he had talent, but come on.

!

Like I say, they were a good band not the new messiahs.

The attention and devotion directed towards a man who blew his brains out staggers me, it really does.

sadaist
05-04-2007, 03:22 AM
Maybe the wrong dirty blonde singer offed himself. Do you think Axl would have reached cult status had he done himself in? At least GnR would have been put to bed properly instead of this abortion that's being called GnR.

Dan
05-04-2007, 03:49 AM
Axl is a Big Hairy Cunt.

binnie
05-04-2007, 05:49 AM
Maybe the wrong dirty blonde singer offed himself. Do you think Axl would have reached cult status had he done himself in? At least GnR would have been put to bed properly instead of this abortion that's being called GnR.

The new material I've heard is really, really good.

But, touring with a bunch of hired hands under then name GNR is, as you say, pissing on the legacy...

Dave's Bitch
05-05-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Polk High
I still stand by my assessment that the best thing Cobain did for his career was die.

Damn straight

no fucking contest.

G'n'fn'R

Shaun Ponsonby
05-05-2007, 10:18 AM
HOLY SHITE

WHERE THE ALAN HAVE YOU BEEN?

Terry
05-05-2007, 10:13 PM

And GnR won't ever get another dime from me. Seen them 3 times, and each time was worse than before. They sounded ok, but Axl was 3 hours late, had tantrums, yelled at the crowd, left early, etc... If they ever have another good song or album, I'll download it for free.

FUCK 'EM!

Never quite saw why so many saw Lennon and Morrison as (to quote another on this thread) 'messiah' - like figures, or any other human, for that matter.

None of 'em have anything on Hollywood Jesus, in my book.