PDA

View Full Version : Small dog saves lives of five children from two attacking Pit Bulls

Little Texan
05-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Link (http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2007/05/03/wtf/doc46389c98484f1451993182.txt)

Tiny terrier dies after saving 5 kids from pit bulls
By Associated Press

WELLINGTON, New Zealand -- A plucky foot-high Jack Russell terrier named George saved five New Zealand children from two marauding pitbulls, but was so severely mauled in the fight he had to be destroyed, his owner said Wednesday.

George was playing with the group of children as they returned home from buying sweets at a neighborhood shop in the small North Island town of Manaia last Sunday when the two pitbulls appeared and lunged toward them, his owner Allan Gay said.

"George was brave - he took them on and he's not even a foot high," Gay told The Associated Press. "He jumped in on them, he tried to keep them off.

"If it wasn't for George, those kids would have copped it."

One of the children, Richard Rosewarne, 11, was quoted in the Taranaki Daily News on Wednesday as saying George fought with the pitbulls to keep them off his four-year-old brother, Darryl.

"George tried to protect us by barking and rushing at them, but they started to bite him - one on the head and the other on the back," Rosewarne said. "We ran off crying and some people saw what was happening and rescued George."

But George, aged 9, was so badly mauled that a veterinarian had to put him down, Gay said.

"The two pitbulls ripped the skin from his throat and chest and down his back," he said, adding the tough little terrier also "had a bad heart condition."

Gay said the pitbulls' owner had surrendered the pair to dog control officers, and demanded they be destroyed, claiming they had launched unprovoked attacks previously.

South Taranaki District Council official Graham Young said the two dogs had been impounded, and likely would be destroyed because of the attack.

In New Zealand, owners of dogs judged to be too aggressive can be required to have them neutered and dogs involved in attacks are destroyed.

Antman
05-03-2007, 09:14 PM
I read this. Poor little guy. He saved those kids though. Never saw a cat do something like this.

VanHalener
05-03-2007, 09:35 PM
You were a great pup with huge nads!

R.I.P. you little bad ass :cato2: :daisy: :cato2:

Hardrock69
05-04-2007, 01:51 AM
Damn.

Brave little dog is now in Elysium....

Here's to our dogs, who watch out for us, are always glad to see us, who love us unconditionally.

Life would suck without our four-legged friends.

Dan
05-04-2007, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Little Texan

In New Zealand, owners of dogs judged to be too aggressive can be required to have them neutered and dogs involved in attacks are destroyed.

That's BullShit.

In the last two weeks in New Zealand,One Woman has died and two kids have been bitten by Dogs.

The Owners of these Dogs should be put down.

Our Laws are Fucked Up.

sadaist
05-04-2007, 02:19 AM
In Los Angeles, they announced they are cracking down on gangs who use dogs in crime (intimidation, attacking people, etc...) People are fucked up.

Props to this little dog. Sad he didn't make it. :(

Dan
05-04-2007, 03:26 AM
R.I.P. George.:(

binnie
05-04-2007, 05:40 AM
A small dog with big balls.

Poor little fella...

Take 'Em
05-04-2007, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Dan
That's BullShit.

In the last two weeks in New Zealand,One Woman has died and two kids have been bitten by Dogs.

Our Laws are Fucked Up.

I am not sure if I hate those dogs or their fucking owners..

The dogs can't escape their genes. They are engineered to be agressive. Their owners on the other hand are too stupid to understand the responsibility that goes along with owning a dog like that.:mad:

Diamondjimi
05-04-2007, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Takeem5
I am not sure if I hate those dogs or their fucking owners..

The dogs can't escape their genes. They are engineered to be agressive. Their owners on the other hand are too stupid to understand the responsibility that goes along with owning a dog like that.:mad:

Agreed.

I'm a proud master of a 16 year old American Pitbull Terrier. She's been well trained and has been very disiplined her whole life . Friendliest dog you've ever met.
Never bitten anyone or even growled at anyone for that matter. (Well there was this one time when a cop stuck his head near the window.But that's pretty much it.) It was just her protective instincts kicking in.
She's great with people ,cats,babys. Squirrels ,raccoons ,rabbits ,possum......fair game to her.

I've known a few chumps who think they're tuff guys because their dog is tough. Only for the fact that they themselves are wanna-be toughguy's.
Some dogs naturally have a bad disposition. (All breeds)
It all boils down to the owners and how they choose to raise them.

When my dog was born and I chose her from the litter , I was fully aware of the responsibility it was going to be. She's the complete opposite of the Pitbull stereotype. She's made more friends in 16 years than most people do in a lifetime...

Chances are that the owner's a goof ,the dog probably is too.

Diamondjimi
05-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Oops... double post!

stringfelowhawk
05-05-2007, 09:21 PM
That breaks my heart.. I had to stop watching Animal Precinct because I can't take cruelty to animals. I agree with the above comment regarding owners. I don't care what the breed, they can all be aggressive and alot of that is determined by how they are treated. There are quite a few breeds that are considered "dangerous" simply because of the breed itself but I've come across agressive "toy" breeds as well. I was almost bitten by a fucking poodle once.

I have a 75/25 Shiba Inu/Chow mix and she is the most adorable and friendly dog you can imagine. I keep her socialized so she's always around other people and dogs. Two of her best buddies are a pure bred American Bulldog and a Rott. They raise hell and play even though she's twice their age. She'll be 8 in July. My neice has a pure bred Red Nose Pitt with green eyes which don't happen as often as you would think. When she brought that puppy home Nemo had a new best friend. The Pitt, "Dixie" is a handful and just now starting to grow into her big ass head but she has the most gentle temperment. When they start playing we have to pick up our feet and move the furniture cause nothing is safe. When they're done Nemo will ease up nose to nose and lick her then go lay down.

I'm lucky she picked me cause I know for a certain fact my girl will protect me to the death. A Shiba's loyalty is legendary in Japan and they are now considered a national treasure. The only chow features she inherited are the black tongue and her 40 lbs size. She looks like a Shiba from head to toe and is solid Rusty Red. I'm constantly stopped when I take her for a walk because not many people know what the breed looks like and they think I've domesticated a wild fox. The only breed con is the inability to take them out without a leash. They were bred to hunt bears, wild boar etc in the mountains of Japan even though a full breed only averages 20lbs or so. They have very human like intelligence too so being outsmarted is a constant threat but watching them run and play you'll swear they are a breed of cat cause their agility is just astounding plus they have the ability to free climb a tree or chain link fence as I've witnessed a few times.
Walking into my bedroom when I'm laying down is a no no. I don't care if you live in the same house and she sees you daily she will still greet you at the door but that won't be a smile she's wearing as my brother found out several times. Man I love her. I was terrified when I first heard about the pet food contamination stories over the last few weeks and thankful I feed her Beneful. When I lose her I will be inconsolable.

Nickdfresh
05-05-2007, 09:25 PM
The fucking owner of the pitbulls should be destroyed!

I hate fucking macho white trash that have to own "tough dogs" like this, and train them to be aggressive. They ought to be mauled!

Hardrock69
05-10-2007, 09:50 AM
Check this out. The brave little guy is getting a pair of posthumous medals:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/ffximage/2007/05/08/georgejackrussell_wideweb__470x331,0.jpg
A Jack Russell terrier who died from injuries sustained when he saved a group of children from being mauled by two pit bulls in New Zealand is being given two posthumous medals.

New Zealand's main animal welfare agency, the Society for the Protection of Animals, today awarded George a bravery medal, while an American Vietnam veteran who read news articles about the attack said he would send a Purple Heart to the dog's owner.

Feisty, 30cm tall George fought with the pit bulls to keep them from attacking the youngest of five children as they returned home from buying sweets at a neighbourhood shop in the small North Island town of Manaia on April 29.

George, aged 9, was so badly mauled in the melee that owner Alan Gay instructed a veterinarian to put him down.

"It was an extraordinary act of heroism," said the animal protection society's chief executive, Robyn Kippenberger. "It says a huge amount for the animal-human bond that he actually went in to save them."

Authorities have euthanised the two pit bulls, and their owner faces prosecution for owning dangerous and uncontrolled dogs.

Kippenberger said her group's award, normally given to humans for bravery in aiding animals, "has not been awarded to a dog since 1990." The two previous canine recipients were trained police dogs.

"That he weighed into a couple of dogs considerably larger than himself, clearly to protect a child, is just a most amazing act and needs to be recognised," she told The Associated Press.

The bravery medal will be presented to George's owner at the children's school.

Meanwhile, former US Marine Jerrell Hudman told the local Taranaki Herald newspaper that he would honour the terrier's bravery by mailing to New Zealand one of the three Purple Heart medals he was awarded for service in Vietnam in 1967.

Purple Hearts are given to US troops wounded or killed in combat

Hudman, 58, of Austin, Texas, described George as a "little warrior" who deserved the honour.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/world/purple-heart-for-brave-george/2007/05/08/1178390293699.html

Man, if ever a dog deserved to go to heaven it is George.
:(

Oh, and the asshole fuck who owns the pit bulls oughta be greased up with gravy and smeared with blood, buts, and Alpo, and then lowered slowly feet first into a pit full of starving, ravenous, rabid pit bulls!!!!
Goddamn motherfucker!!!
:mad:

Cult of Roth
05-10-2007, 01:54 PM
That sucks, that little dog was a badass, poor fella.

The dogs should be put down, since they attacked children, but no, not the owners.

They should be neutered. Painfully, and at great length. Fucking assholes.

Dan
05-10-2007, 02:25 PM
The last I heard is, He is getting a Honour Award for his bravey.

Baby's On Fire
05-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Dan
That's BullShit.

Our Laws are Fucked Up.

IT IS NEVER THE DOGS' FAULT. Aggressive dogs are caused by the owners. FUCKING PERIOD.

Jesus Christ
05-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

Man, if ever a dog deserved to go to heaven it is George.
:(

Verily, My son. For no greater love hath a man - or a dog - that he lay down his life for his friends.

Not only is George here in Heaven, but I have stationed him at the Pearly Gates with St. Peter. Let's face it, with all the people going to Hell these days, Peter gets a little lonely on the job. He could use a little companion.

Hardrock69
05-11-2007, 12:13 AM
I could not think of a better companion.

He can bite the fuckers that try to sneak in!
:D

Little Lamont
05-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Pit Bulls are crazy. About 5 years ago I bought one and the fucker bit me constantly.

Diamondjimi
05-15-2007, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Little Lamont
Pit Bulls are crazy. About 5 years ago I bought one and the fucker bit me constantly.

He was probably just teething.

Satan
05-15-2007, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Little Lamont

You think that's bad? Try a dog with three heads!!

Hardrock69
05-16-2007, 09:02 AM
Cerberus!!!

http://www.geocities.com/spirit_teachings/cerberus.jpg

Antman
05-16-2007, 09:37 PM
I hate to say this, but I have more compassion for a dog than a human.

Little Lamont
05-19-2007, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Antman

hehe... Then you don't wanna know what happen to that biting motherfucker.

Anonymous
05-19-2007, 09:56 AM

You're not the only one, bro...

How many people do you know would give their lives happily away to save children?

Cheers! :bottle:

Ozzy Fudd
05-20-2007, 11:10 PM
copy post...WTF

Ozzy Fudd
Brave little dog.
My little Beagle Polly don't play also

Ozzy Fudd
Are we brothers or somethin?

Ozzy Fudd
05-20-2007, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
You're not the only one, bro...

How many people do you know would give their lives happily away to save children?

Cheers! :bottle:
Right...