PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh! The great shrinking GOP!

DEMON CUNT
05-06-2007, 07:28 PM
http://static.crooksandliars.com/2007/05/paryaffilnewsweek.jpg

I know that a poll is only a poll... I just couldn't resist sharing this one.

When will the Roth Army neocons start to claim they too are 'independents'? Probably already started. We know better.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/ATA/24818BP~The-Simpsons-Nelson-Haha-Posters.jpg
You're the minority!

Nickdfresh
05-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Well, I ran away for good by 2000, after the Rovian bullshit against McCain. But in reality, the anti-democratic (with a small "d" as in process, not party) Clinton witch-hunt crap had me disaffected by the late 1990s...

hideyoursheep
05-06-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
When will the Roth Army neocons start to claim that they are 'independents'?

They claim to be "conservative" now. Not the Busheep they were in 04.
Like rats fom a sinking ship.:p

I'm too independent-minded to side with any partyline.

I was the asshole who voted for Perot in '92.:D

DEMON CUNT
05-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Well, I ran away for good by 2000, after the Rovian bullshit against McCain. But in reality, the anti-democratic (with a small "d" as in process, not party) Clinton witch-hunt crap had me disaffected by the late 1990s...

Good for you. Contrasting your values against those of your party shows a sense of self awareness that is sadly lacking in many Americans.

I am pretty sure that those who continue to be proud Republicans would vote Republican even if they caught Cheney sodomizing their children.

DEMON CUNT
05-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by hideyoursheep

Perot, the crazy fuck, made that a very entertaining race. That was one of those rare cases where both parties ran extremely strong candidates.

Nickdfresh
05-06-2007, 07:51 PM
G...
I am pretty sure that those who continue to be proud Republicans would vote Republican even if they caught Cheney sodomizing their children.

Metaphorically speaking, HE IS!!

DEMON CUNT
05-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Metaphorically, HE IS!!

Financially, of course. Many future generations will feel the pain of the massive debt that he is throwing our country into.

Nickdfresh
05-06-2007, 08:01 PM
And of the hatred he has seeded around the world...

DEMON CUNT
05-06-2007, 08:10 PM
And of the hatred he has seeded around the world...

Yeah, thanks for another generation of suicide bombers, Dick!

http://www.iflipflop.com/cheney_short_of_breath.jpg

Big Train
05-06-2007, 08:16 PM
Well, I suppose I'll be the first "Neo-Con" (that is such a dated term by the way) to step up.

Ohhhh, you got me. I voted for Nader before I went Republican.

I think what you are seeing is a questioning of values, which is healthy. It's happening on the Dems side too. The election is a LONG way off.

Not to mention it is completely unfashionable to say you are a Republican. Saying you into the "daily show" and "Colbert" is where it's at.

This poll is the slow news day we are going to be dragged through for the next year and a half.

Get comfortable.

DEMON CUNT
05-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
Well, I suppose I'll be the first "Neo-Con" (that is such a dated term by the way) to step up.

This poll is the slow news day we are going to be dragged through for the next year and a half.

Why did you change?

Yeah, only 12 soldiers died today, pretty slow news day alright.

Big Train
05-07-2007, 10:16 AM
I felt the independents, Nader especially, was too extreme on domestic and budgetary items (cutting 1/3 of the defense budget).

The domestic agenda at the time is what drove me. At that time, I felt the Republicans had a better handle on it.

scamper
05-07-2007, 12:14 PM
Good for you. Contrasting your values against those of your party shows a sense of self awareness that is sadly lacking in many Americans.

So true, on both sides Dem and Rep

Steve Savicki
05-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Great analogy, Demon!
I wonder if White are performing anymore due to that incident.

A great pic to share, even if only a poll.

Nitro Express
05-07-2007, 03:09 PM
The middle of the road Republicans are bolting but the religiouse right nutbags will still suck Chenney's dick and lick Bush's bush.

Look at the dumb Mormons in Utah. They invited Bush to speak at BYU's graduation commencement. Bush sent Dick Chenney instead and he got an honorary doctorate for public service. Maybe the Mormon prophet owns lots of Haliburton shares?

Anyways, Bushco assumed most Republicans were just as stupid as the Mormons and they could do whatever they damn well pleased and still hold a Republican majority in congress.

DEMON CUNT
05-08-2007, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by scamper
So true, on both sides Dem and Rep

Kind of...

http://blogs.courant.com/photos/news_photos/lieberman.jpg

ace diamond
05-08-2007, 04:12 AM
They claim to be "conservative" now. Not the Busheep they were in 04.
Like rats fom a sinking ship.:p

I'm too independent-minded to side with any partyline.

i voted for perot in 96 and again in 2000. i hope he runs again in 08.

FORD
05-08-2007, 02:44 PM
When you look at the candidates the repukes have running for 2008 - at least the ones which have a snowball's chance in Hell - it's clear that the religious reich does not have the power in the party that it once did.

Mitt Romney is the closest thing to a religious reich candidate, but the religious reich won't support him, because they consider the Mormon church to be a "cult". Guliani is a "gay loving baby killer" by their standards, and Newt's adultery, and horribly timed divorces are not worth defending.

Unfortunately, what has NOT changed in the GOP is the dominance of the BCE corporatist neocon wing of the party. Sure, they are trying damn hard to keep Chimpy's name out of the campaign, but make no mistake. Newt is a total neocon. Twit's Bain Capital is often partners with the Carlyle Group. Guiliani has been eyeballs deep in the BCE since the 9-11 coverup if not before.

It's business as usual for these assholes and THIS is the wing of the party that needs to be eliminated.

Nickdfresh
05-08-2007, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
The middle of the road Republicans are bolting but the religiouse right nutbags will still suck Chenney's dick and lick Bush's bush.

Look at the dumb Mormons in Utah. They invited Bush to speak at BYU's graduation commencement. Bush sent Dick Chenney instead and he got an honorary doctorate for public service. Maybe the Mormon prophet owns lots of Haliburton shares?

Anyways, Bushco assumed most Republicans were just as stupid as the Mormons and they could do whatever they damn well pleased and still hold a Republican majority in congress.

Yeah, and the Evangelicals are dumping Mitt Romney just because he's a Mormon. Go figure...

hideyoursheep
05-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by FORD
When you look at the candidates the repukes have running for 2008 - at least the ones which have a snowball's chance in Hell - it's clear that the religious reich does not have the power in the party that it once did.
The reich (or at least a percentage of them) realize their agenda and stance on "family values" have been hijacked this last go-round. The rest of the country realizes "pastors" are ineffective world leaders. Voting the bible has 2-termed the worst administration in history, and the rest of the world, who once looked up to the US, realizes we've become a bad parody of ourselves.

Any affiliation between church and state should be punishable and enforced.

scamper
05-09-2007, 03:47 PM
and the rest of the world, who once looked up to the US

Bullshit, the world has always hated us. The only reason people stuck by us in the first place was because we were the only ones who could handle the USSR. We have always been detested, but yet millions of people a year try to move here.

Big Train
05-10-2007, 01:37 AM
If Fred Thompson runs, he has my vote.

DEMON CUNT
05-10-2007, 02:14 AM
They claim to be "conservative" now.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/images/2006/11/ted_haggard_110306_FRESH.jpg

They also claim to be straight and that they threw the meth away.

BigBadBrian
05-10-2007, 07:30 AM

Me too.

I don't think he'd win the nomination or even the election if nominated, but that's besides the point.

Big Train
05-10-2007, 10:40 AM
He is the only adult running in this election (possibly). If he doesn't run, I don't blame him.

Nickdfresh
05-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Fred Thompson? Hysterical! Is that what you've come too? Trying to channel Reagan through another lite-weight actor?

Dudes and dudettes, Fred Thompson is NO Ronald Reagan...

http://media.npr.org/news/images/2006/may/23/bentsen_quayle200.jpg

Big Train
05-11-2007, 01:09 AM
No, Fred Thompson is Fred Thompson.

The headlines will tell you he is "regan lite" or whatever, but the man is honest and asks legit questions, which non of these other candidates of any stripe seems to have a clue to even KNOW to ask.

That's why I like him. He is a real leader.

Feel free to disagree but my decision to support him is not made lightly.

You guys should be more worried that Hillary is no Bill Clinton.

DEMON CUNT
05-11-2007, 02:56 AM
No, Fred Thompson is Fred Thompson.

Yet you offer no evidence or information other than "he is himself."

Do you own the Die Hard box set?

Big Train
05-11-2007, 03:15 AM
I believe I did say I like what he has to say on the issues and the questions he raises.

I enjoy his candor and agree on the majority of his positions on domestic issues. His foreign policy is a bit open-ended, but thoughtful (as I feel EVERYONE who is serious should be).

I see nothing on the Dem side but a candidate (Obama) who isn't prepared, a woman who can't unite a state let alone the union and a bunch of "also-rans" from previous cycles.

The Repub side has a few pretty boy types and two guys who aren't even real repubs running (McCain and Guliani).

Thompson is his own man and the only serious candidate to vote for.

http://abcradio.com/Blog.asp?id=15663&m=4&y=2007

EAT MY ASSHOLE
05-11-2007, 08:12 PM

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Me too.

You've gotta love how Republicans are always going on (and on) about "Holly-Weird" and the "Loony Left" being controlled by the media and vice cersa, and THE MINUTE you get a non-entity B-lister like Fred Thompson you GUYS CAN'T SHUT UP ABOUT HIM!!!

HE IS A NON-ENTITY!!! THE ONE REAL THING HE OFFERS IS HIS PSEUDO-CELEBRITY STATUS!!! GET THE HELL OVER IT!!!

Jesus, next thing you know you guys will be creaming yourselves over some schmuck who starred in something like "Bedtime for Bonzo". Sheesh!

Nickdfresh
05-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
You've gotta love how Republicans are always going on (and on) about "Holly-Weird" and the "Loony Left" being controlled by the media and vice cersa, and THE MINUTE you get a non-entity B-lister like Fred Thompson you GUYS CAN'T SHUT UP ABOUT HIM!!!

HE IS A NON-ENTITY!!! THE ONE REAL THING HE OFFERS IS HIS PSEUDO-CELEBRITY STATUS!!! GET THE HELL OVER IT!!!

Jesus, next thing you know you guys will be creaming yourselves over some schmuck who starred in something like "Bedtime for Bonzo". Sheesh!

Exactly.

Or even worse, they'll be Lewinskying themselves over Newt Gingrinch...

DEMON CUNT
05-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Don't forget that these cheese brains voted for a drunk cowboy wanna be. It's not like they give it much thought anyway.

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/paramount_pictures/forrest_gump/tom_hanks/gump3.jpg

Big Train
05-11-2007, 10:28 PM
So his years in the senate are nothing?

He has far more experience that Obama and is far less polarizing than Hillary.

Non entity...fucking whatever.

Big Train
05-11-2007, 10:36 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Thompson

This may be useful to you "non-entity" types as a primer to appearing to know what the hell your talking about.

This man has 40 years of political experience, in all matters of domestic and international concern.
He didn't write a book about "audacity" or ride shotgun in the White House.

FORD
05-11-2007, 10:38 PM

Senators can't get elected. That's one reason I can't vote for Hillary, and think Obama should wait.

Technically, Bill Richardson is the best qualified candidate in the race (at least until Gore jumps in) but he's not exactly my favorite, as he's a DLC corporatist who refused to investigate the election fraud in his own state in 2004

Big Train
05-11-2007, 10:47 PM
Generally I tend to agree with you on that Ford, it is very difficult for senators to get elected.

In this case though, with such a weak field and even if Richardson and Gore jumped in, I think Thompson could pull it out.

FORD
05-12-2007, 12:11 AM
Richardson is already in. He's just not getting any coverage from the whore media because they're focused on the whole "White woman vs Black man" thing.

Of course Richardson is Hispanic, but he doesn't "sound" Hispanic. If his last name were Rodriguez instead of Richardson, they would make it a three way tie to alienate the bigots, and probably draw cartoons of "Rodriguez" sneaking "his family" over the border, so people like Big Busheep Brian could post them here.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
05-12-2007, 12:21 PM

Considering all the good he did and that he accomplished?

Yup.

Nickdfresh
05-12-2007, 12:25 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Thompson

This may be useful to you "non-entity" types as a primer to appearing to know what the hell your talking about.

This man has 40 years of political experience, in all matters of domestic and international concern.
He didn't write a book about "audacity" or ride shotgun in the White House.

So why not support Sen. Ted Kennedy according to your criteria?

Nickdfresh
05-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Generally I tend to agree with you on that Ford, it is very difficult for senators to get elected.

In this case though, with such a weak field and even if Richardson and Gore jumped in, I think Thompson could pull it out.

You're absolutely delusional if you believe that. Nobody cares about Thompson, except reaching Republicans...

Big Train
05-12-2007, 12:43 PM
You're absolutely delusional if you believe that. Nobody cares about Thompson, except reaching Republicans...

That remains to be seen, he is the #2 candidate in most recent Republican polls and he isn't even running yet. Delusional, hardly.

Repubs are fighting an uphill battle this time around, but if there is a Repub who can win it, it's Thompson.

Hillary and Obama are your concerns. People will ultimately care far less than people think in the end. They will both undo themselves. And there is nobody in the bullpen that can do any better.

Your absolutely delusional if you disagree with what I'm saying (so THAT"S what it feels like to be a dem...weird, just kidding).

Nickdfresh
05-12-2007, 12:45 PM
That remains to be seen, he is the #2 candidate in most recent Republican polls and he isn't even running yet. Delusional, hardly.

Exactly, "Republican" polls. Because the field is just shit and they are extremely divided.

Repubs are fighting an uphill battle this time around, but if there is a Repub who can win it, it's Thompson.

Hillary and Obama are your concerns. People will ultimately care far less than people think in the end. They will both undo themselves. And there is nobody in the bullpen that can do any better.

Um, Hillary, as much as I don't want her to win, is a machine. And if Gore decides to run, he's pretty much got it with Obama as his VP...

Your absolutely delusional if you disagree with what I'm saying (so THAT"S what it feels like to be a dem...weird, just kidding).

The whole Thompson thing is based on nothing but pundit speculation. Nobody cares about a Hollywood dabbling career politician whose done nothing of note, and it is all superficial and trite. He's only mentioned because of their low regard of the American people and the belief that they want phony lightweight Reagan clones.

Big Train
05-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Exactly, "Republican" polls. Because the field is just shit and they are extremely divided.

Um, Hillary, as much as I don't want her to win, is a machine. And if Gore decides to run, he's pretty much got it with Obama as his VP...

The whole Thompson thing is based on nothing but pundit speculation. Nobody cares about a Hollywood dabbling career politician whose done nothing of note, and it is all superficial and trite. He's only mentioned because of their low regard of the American people and the belief that they want phony lightweight Reagan clones.

Republican polls are all there are at the time, so yes that's what i'm going on. I believe he will translate well across th field.

Hillary is a MONEY machine, but there are enough people out there, women especially who can't stand her and that's what will cost her. Obama to me is a nice wrapper, bu t if they dig into to him forget it. Not enough there. Gore is going to feel a backlash much increased if he decides to get in the ring, which is why he is being so cautious. He has a good thing going right now, I'm not sure he wants to run. He would make the feel more interesting, but I don't think they would win ultimate.

Thompson is not phony, stop reciting to me the Dem party line. He helped bring Nixon to justice, which apparently is nothing to the Dems in American politics (although it's held about like a red herring nonstop when talking corruption). He has had a distinguished Congressial career and has served in many capacities within the Senate. Merit and experience apparently mean very little. He is just "hollywood lite".

The entire Dem field is "Hollywood Lite" to me.

blueturk
05-12-2007, 08:01 PM

Bush's years as a "governor" obviously didn't prepare him for being president. However, I think Thompson will indeed be the GOP candidate because of the "Reagan Lite" thing....

Nickdfresh
05-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Republican polls are all there are at the time, so yes that's what i'm going on. I believe he will translate well across th field.

Good luck finding any evidence to support that...

Hillary is a MONEY machine,

There's a reason for that.

but there are enough people out there, women especially who can't stand her and that's what will cost her.

She's quite popular among women actually...

Obama to me is a nice wrapper, bu t if they dig into to him forget it. Not enough there.

So there's very little to go after him with?

And he has said and done most of the right things...

Gore is going to feel a backlash much increased if he decides to get in the ring, which is why he is being so cautious. He has a good thing going right now, I'm not sure he wants to run. He would make the feel more interesting, but I don't think they would win ultimate.

There is no real backlash against Gore. It's only in right wing fantasy land by the fuck wits that think he's a hypocrite for supposedly using too much electricity, yet find no contradiction in silver spoon Bush not sending his daughters to his war...

Thompson is not phony, stop reciting to me the Dem party line.

I don't have the Dem party line on him, I doubt there is one, because he's ignored...

He helped bring Nixon to justice,

So did almost all other Republican law makers in that era. It was very clearly a different, far more pragmatic and moderate party then...

which apparently is nothing to the Dems in American politics (although it's held about like a red herring nonstop when talking corruption). He has had a distinguished Congressial career and has served in many capacities within the Senate. Merit and experience apparently mean very little. He is just "hollywood lite".

So, you're saying that anyone in Congress will make a good candidate?

The entire Dem field is "Hollywood Lite" to me.

Which is why they're so talked about, especially by the Republicans here?

Satan
05-12-2007, 08:37 PM
If the Republicans run Thompson, I don't ever want to hear them bitch about celebrities having political viewpoints ever again.

Hell, fuck the Hillary (white woman) vs Obama (black man) media circus, let's run a black woman!

OPRAH FOR PRESIDENT!!

Big Train
05-13-2007, 04:03 AM
OK Nick, I stand corrected. Everything I'm thinking is merely a figment of my imagination.

He must be "regan lite" you've all repeated it at least 4 times in this thread, it must be getting closer to true the more it is said. The evidence that he has been a politican far longer than he was ever a "celebrity", which is highly speculative, a character actor at best.

The truth is he is a distinguished politican and a real threat should he decide to run. I don't have any polls or stats to back it up, ouch ya got me, but it is my strong gut feeling.

Hell, he finished Gore's term for him when he was losing for president the first time.

Instead of simply saying you disagree with me, it is that I'm simply delusional.

hideyoursheep
05-13-2007, 07:38 AM
Perot, the crazy fuck, made that a very entertaining race. That was one of those rare cases where both parties ran extremely strong candidates.
You have to be a crazy fuck just to run-politicians can't be human.

Dan Quale was such a fucking handicap for ol' man Bush:p

hideyoursheep
05-13-2007, 07:43 AM
It's laughable, the "Obama lacks experience in DC" opinions. For fuck sakes, DC experience is what ruins most candidates, or at least corrupts their way of thinking and who they're really working for.

Give me a fresh mind over the status quo any day. I believe he would surround himself with enough "DC experience" you would think he were an old veteran of Washington.

Obama / Powell..

I like that.

So what if C. Powell is A rep.? It works. Odds are he has more input than he did with his former bosses. Not a NeoCon, an excellent leader.

Nickdfresh
05-13-2007, 09:43 AM
OK Nick, I stand corrected. Everything I'm thinking is merely a figment of my imagination.

Now your getting it.:)

Satan
05-13-2007, 10:26 AM

Obama / Powell..

I like that.

So what if C. Powell is A rep.? It works. Odds are he has more input than he did with his former bosses. Not a NeoCon, an excellent leader.

Sorry.... can't do it.

Once upon a time, I could have voted for Powell. But he went before the UN and deliberately fed them the biggest pile of bullshit ever fed to that organization in one sitting in order to sell the BCE's justification for the Iraq war.

He may very well regret doing so now, but that's beside the point. He should have told them to fuck off and die at the time, because he should have known better.

Can't trust Powell anymore

blueturk
05-13-2007, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Satan
Sorry.... can't do it.

Once upon a time, I could have voted for Powell. But he went before the UN and deliberately fed them the biggest pile of bullshit ever fed to that organization in one sitting in order to sell the BCE's justification for the Iraq war.

He may very well regret doing so now, but that's beside the point. He should have told them to fuck off and die at the time, because he should have known better.

My sentiments exactly.

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --George W. Bush, interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

hideyoursheep
05-13-2007, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Satan
Sorry.... can't do it.

Good point. I agree he should have thrown in the Powell towel as soon as they tried to tarnish his credibility by marching him into the UN. I guess his conscience got to him the day of George W. Gump's inauguration in '05.

I don't forsee those circumstances ever being forced upon him working with Obama, however.