PDA

View Full Version : Ac/dc Returns!

PHOENIX
05-08-2007, 08:07 PM
According to a posting on the AC/DC fan site AC/DC Highway to Hell, it is rumored that AC/DC has completed editing video footage for a brand new double DVD set to be released September, which will contain one Bon Scott DVD and one Brian Johnson DVD of AC/DC live in concert. The band has also supposedly completed a new album which is scheduled for release January 2008, with a world tour to follow.

Back in December 2006, Albert Music boss Fifa Riccobono shot down reports that AC/DC had a new record titled "Strap It On" coming in 2007.

"I ran that past Mal (Young) some time ago and he said it was the first he'd heard of it, so I guess the answer no," she told Undercover News. "Also, there definitely is no release date scheduled as the album hasn't been recorded yet."

AC/DC leaders Malcolm and Angus Young have been writing material for a few years. In early 2005, singer Brian Johnson told Launch there was a lot of stuff to work with. "I think, and I might be speaking out of turn, but I think they're doing a double, with the amount of songs — I've been over a couple of times with the boys and added ideas on 46 tunes we had, and they've been working since then!" he said.

Little Texan
05-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Next year? I'll believe it when I'm holding the album in my hands! How many times has this album supposed to have been released, already? It's quickly becoming another Chinese Democracy!

Dan
05-09-2007, 12:44 AM
Maybe before Christmas we might see something.

FORD
05-09-2007, 01:23 AM
Release the Bon concert on it's own. Geezus, isn't there 150 Brian Johnson concert DVD's with the same goddamn set list already??

binnie
05-09-2007, 02:27 AM
Good news: can't wait to get some Bon-era on DVD!!

As for an album I'm not that excited: I'll buy it when it comes out, but for me an album just means that they have an excuse to tour, which is where ACDC is best.

Writing for a few years? C'mon how long does it take to write the same album (by Malcolm's own admission): it'll be good to have them back though.

Shaun Ponsonby
05-09-2007, 04:37 AM
Their albums have been getting progressively better. "SUL" was no "Powerage", but it was a good album, probably the best album you could expect from AC/DC in 2000.

Hopefully, the new disc will be a good 'un.

binnie
05-09-2007, 04:51 AM
Yes SUL was a good record, much better than I thought it'd be, but I'm not too sure that they've been getting progressivley better: was Ballbreaker better than The Razor's Edge - I don't think so.

But I take your point that if they carry on the momentum on SUL, then we could have a good 'un.

But even if it isn't, it still means that they will tour and that is the really good news!

Shaun Ponsonby
05-09-2007, 05:12 AM
OK, maybe the word "progressively" shouldn't have been put before "better", but you get my general thoughts.

WelshJon
05-09-2007, 05:31 AM
AC/DC tour! Fuck yeah!!

:D :D :D :D :D

binnie
05-09-2007, 06:33 AM
I just hope they don't play festival gigs, because they'd have to comproimse.

I'd like to see them play a one-off mega-gig in the UK like they did in 2001, Milton Keynes Bowl, maybe even Wembley Stadium.

Alaternatively, an arena tour would be good: all that volume in doors, yes please....

Matt White
05-09-2007, 07:04 AM
BON SCOTT LIVES

Mr Badguy
05-09-2007, 08:10 AM
Hmm...I wonder what the DVDs will consist of.

The Bon era is pretty much certain to be the "Let there be rock" movie but I wonder what Brian`s era will be.

There`s a real boss concert circa 1981 where Brian really sings his arse off, I hope it`s that.

Hardrock69
05-09-2007, 09:29 AM
Too bad they did not film the opening act in paris, 1980 when they shot the "Let There Be Rock" movie. The opening act being Judas Priest.

Vinnie Velvet
05-09-2007, 10:34 AM
I'm not all that stoked for a new AC/DC album all because I think Brian's voice is shot and is unbearable to listen at times now.

I like the new live DVD of early concerts, that's cool.

And going to see an AC/DC show is always a great night, despite Brian's vox, which are no way near his greatness from 1980-1985.

binnie
05-09-2007, 11:43 AM
I actaully like the way Brian's voice rasps on SUL....

I feel that it adds something to those songs....

Mr Badguy
05-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by binnie
I actaully like the way Brian's voice rasps on SUL....

I feel that it adds something to those songs....

Yeah, but compare it to what I think is his best performance on the "For those about to rock" album.

He fucking rules on that CD.

Shaun Ponsonby
05-09-2007, 03:23 PM

I'd like to see them play a one-off mega-gig in the UK like they did in 2001, Milton Keynes Bowl, maybe even Wembley Stadium.

Alaternatively, an arena tour would be good: all that volume in doors, yes please....

I think on SUL they did an arena tour in the winter of 2000 and Milton Keynes in the summer of 2001.

Panamark
05-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
Hmm...I wonder what the DVDs will consist of.

The Bon era is pretty much certain to be the "Let there be rock" movie but I wonder what Brian`s era will be.

There`s a real boss concert circa 1981 where Brian really sings his arse off, I hope it`s that.

I hope its not "Let there be Rock" repackaged. I know theres more
full concert footage of Bon than this, (that hasnt been released.)

FORD
05-10-2007, 01:35 AM
Has "Let There Be Rock" been released on DVD in Australia?

It never has here. In fact I don't think it was ever released on video tape, at least I never saw it.

Panamark
05-10-2007, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Has "Let There Be Rock" been released on DVD in Australia?

It never has here. In fact I don't think it was ever released on video tape, at least I never saw it.

If it hasnt, then Ive got a lot of friends with good quality
bootlegs :p.. I honestly thought it was released even on VHS..

Heres some Sony DVD's

http://www.sonybmg.com.au/dvd/releaseDetails.do;jsessionid=1328D0668C0BF4158EE39 6FF537371E0.tomcat2?catalogueNo=82876866479

Panamark
05-10-2007, 02:05 AM
Hmmm.... those DVD's are all listed as 2001, somethings a bit odd
there..

binnie
05-10-2007, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
Yeah, but compare it to what I think is his best performance on the "For those about to rock" album.

He fucking rules on that CD.

Oh, I know there's no comparision and I'm sure he can't pull of the old stuff like he used to.

But on SUL I liked his almost lazy, raspy voice. I thought it worked on those songs...

Shaun Ponsonby
05-10-2007, 06:33 AM
That album was a bit more blues-based.

And blues singers sing the blues better as they get older, cos they're more experienced.

Hence, Brian sounding good on the album.

Shaun Ponsonby
05-10-2007, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
I hope its not "Let there be Rock" repackaged. I know theres more
full concert footage of Bon than this, (that hasnt been released.)

Maybe there'll be a few...like Maiden's "Early Yeras" DVD.

DrMaddVibe
05-10-2007, 07:00 AM

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/6300273199/ref=pd_bbs_sr_olp_1/002-1938960-3936855?ie=UTF8&s=video&qid=1178794632&sr=1-1

Product Details
Actors: Phil Rudd, Ronald Belford Scott, Cliff Williams, Angus Young, Malcolm Young, See more
Directors: Eric Dionysius, Eric Mistler
Format: Color, NTSC
Language: English
Number of tapes: 1
Rating
Studio: Warner Home Video
VHS Release Date: July 1, 1991
Run Time: 97 minutes
Average Customer Review: based on 35 reviews. (Write a review.)
From IMDb: Quotes & Trivia
ASIN: 6300273199
Amazon.com Sales Rank: #772 in Video (See Bestsellers in Video)

Mr Badguy
05-10-2007, 07:18 AM
Oh, I know there's no comparision and I'm sure he can't pull of the old stuff like he used to.

But on SUL I liked his almost lazy, raspy voice. I thought it worked on those songs...

I don`t think he sings as bad as some here make out.

I`m just saying that "FTATR" is the best example of what he does.

I don`t think anybody in the world could sing that way every other night on a 100-200 date world tour and not have a shot voice twenty years down the line.

DLR_EngineRoom
05-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Release the Bon concert on it's own. Geezus, isn't there 150 Brian Johnson concert DVD's with the same goddamn set list already??

I hope they finally (and officially) release the 'Let There Be Rock' movie on DVD.....

PHOENIX
05-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
I hope they finally (and officially) release the 'Let There Be Rock' movie on DVD.....

Same here.

Panamark
05-11-2007, 01:50 AM
Dudes, you are freakin me out !

Ive seen the DVD !!

Here...

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51HGW0W1VML._SS500_.jpg

Panamark
05-11-2007, 01:52 AM
Amazon Link

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ac-Dc-Let-There-Be-Rock/dp/B0007MR0UO

Dan
05-11-2007, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Amazon Link

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ac-Dc-Let-There-Be-Rock/dp/B0007MR0UO

Sweet.;)

ODShowtime
05-11-2007, 09:21 PM

Yeah, when I saw them at a festival it was short... but that also made it so concentrated and powerful. They bested some world class performers that day.

Now I'm ready for a serious AC/DC concert. 2 hours. All the production.

binnie
05-14-2007, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime

Now I'm ready for a serious AC/DC concert. 2 hours. All the production.

Abso-fucking-lutely!