PDA

View Full Version : Bands that are overrated...

Unchainme
05-10-2007, 07:00 PM
Goddamn..I'm sick of Def Leppard recieving a lot of praise in stuff like Rolling stone and such over Classic Van HALEN. Def Lep is a decent band, Up until like 1988, They were a good Pop Metal Band, And Rick Allen is a phenomal drummer, one of the best in the Biz, But honestly, they're overrated, and CVH had a bigger impact on the scene moreso than "Photograph".

blueturk
05-10-2007, 07:04 PM
Moronica, Greed, and Straind, for starters.....

PlexiBrown
05-10-2007, 07:07 PM
Van Hagar.

DrMaddVibe
05-10-2007, 07:31 PM
I have to disagree with the Def Leppard comment. I can't think of a band that deserves more credit for sticking it out with all of the tragedies and continuning to make music than them.

Other bands have a member die and they hang it up. Others just have them quit and carry on. Then some are just not cut out for any type of longevity.

I've always liked earlier Def Leppard and feel like they hit a creative wall, but I'd have to say PLEASE give their VH1 Storytellers, YEAH! and Slang another objective listen. i'm not saying that you have to love them, but daggone that's pretty good straight ahead rock music that didn't get airplay.

ace diamond
05-10-2007, 07:35 PM
BON JOVI
DEF LEPPARD
POISON
CINDERELLA
GREEN DAY
R.E.M.
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN
TESLA
RATT
SLAUGHTER
PETER CETERA
PETER FRAMPTON
HANOI ROCKS
OH I COULD JUST GO ON AND ON........
THERE IS AN OVERABUNDANCE OF OVERRATED SHITTY ASS BANDS

thome
05-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Knicleback or however you spell it, i think they have a great something
but it seems to need to, cook longer .

Tweeked by someone it has potential, i just don't like it, don't know why .

I hate to be so hard on them evidently the sell records but they seem
sleepy.

Please don't get me started on the Romantics cover band -Green Day -
who couldn't stroke the dogs dick of any member of the Romantics.

HACKS!

GO-SPURS-GO
05-10-2007, 08:52 PM
You guys are taking the easy route by naming the obvious, but i'm gonna set this board on fire. But first i wanna say that i'm a really nice guy and this is only my opinion, so please don't call me a cocktard or all those crazy names that you guys come up with on this site. Okay.. ready..... THE BEATLES. Without Sir George Martin, the Beatles would have been an above average band. The time they came to America also played a role. Most of those kids at the airport when they arrived in America where paid by the record label and management to cause a big fuss. if the Beatles would have come out today, they would be just a different sounding band like the White Stripes. Twist and Shout is hailed as a great song, while Shout It Out Loud by KISS is called a Cheezy song. they are both very similar to me. I could give you a lot of comparisons like that. They were the first management/label created bands. now it has evolved to crap like the Back Street Boys and Brittany Spears. Now the Beatles had way more talent than those artist. With a lot of help from the 60/70's drug years, Martin and that Abby Road studio, which was way ahead of the times, they were the perfect storm. Now I'm not saying they suck, I'm just saying they are overrated! I know I'm gonna get death threats by people who roll there eyes when The National Anthem comes on, but when Imagine comes on, they break down and cry. You know who you are!!! One last thing... The Beatles were already a bunch of long haired drug addicts before they came to America. They were told to present themselves as an clean cut Bristish band, so they cleaned up there appearance. then once America accepted them, they went back to there roots. America didn't change them, they changed America. FOR THE WORST!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Vengeance
05-10-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
You guys are taking the easy route by naming the obvious, but i'm gonna set this board on fire. But first i wanna say that i'm a really nice guy and this is only my opinion, so please don't call me a cocktard or all those crazy names that you guys come up with on this site. Okay.. ready..... THE BEATLES. Without Sir George Martin, the Beatles would have been an above average band. The time they came to America also played a role. Most of those kids at the airport when they arrived in America where paid by the record label and management to cause a big fuss. if the Beatles would have come out today, they would be just a different sounding band like the White Stripes. Twist and Shout is hailed as a great song, while Shout It Out Loud by KISS is called a Cheezy song. they are both very similar to me. I could give you a lot of comparisons like that. They were the first management/label created bands. now it has evolved to crap like the Back Street Boys and Brittany Spears. Now the Beatles had way more talent than those artist. With a lot of help from the 60/70's drug years, Martin and that Abby Road studio, which was way ahead of the times, they were the perfect storm. Now I'm not saying they suck, I'm just saying they are overrated! I know I'm gonna get death threats by people who roll there eyes when The National Anthem comes on, but when Imagine comes on, they break down and cry. You know who you are!!! One last thing... The Beatles were already a bunch of long haired drug addicts before they came to America. They were told to present themselves as an clean cut Bristish band, so they cleaned up there appearance. then once America accepted them, they went back to there roots. America didn't change them, they changed America. FOR THE WORST!!!!!!!!!

There's only one answer for this, and I'm sure that even Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson will agree with me...

NIGGA PLEASE!

Mr. Vengeance
05-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Want an overated band...

U2...

I HATE THESE FUCKERS!!!!

For how many albums did these dopes get away with playing the same song?

DINGADINGADINGADINGADINGADINGADINDADINGADINGA..... ..

AWFUL!

Plus you have cuntface Bono....Nice name asswipe....spewing his crappy self serving political bullshit all over the place. Hey Bono...if I want some musician to teach me something, I'll get Lita Ford to sit on my face (this is what I said in 1985...)

Terry
05-10-2007, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
Goddamn..I'm sick of Def Leppard recieving a lot of praise in stuff like Rolling stone and such over Classic Van HALEN. Def Lep is a decent band, Up until like 1988, They were a good Pop Metal Band, And Rick Allen is a phenomal drummer, one of the best in the Biz, But honestly, they're overrated, and CVH had a bigger impact on the scene moreso than "Photograph".

Honestly, I never thought Rick Allen was any great shakes as a drummer even before he lost his arm. Didn't suck, didn't overplay and wasn't fill-happy - he did what the songs required.

But Pyromania was a pretty huge album and 1983 was a big year for them. Perhaps in part because Van Halen didn't have a record out that year and only did a couple months of dates in South America and the US Festival far as concerts went...plus Quiet Riot really didn't break out huge with Metal Health until the late summer of 1983 and were then followed by Motley Crue, Ratt and all the rest...the luck of good timing along with good songs...Lep kinda beat all those other pop metal bands to the punch by a year or so.

By the time Hysteria came out four odd years later a whole shitload of pop metal bands had already came onto the scene, but Hysteria sold well in spite of having to compete with Slippery When Wet, Appetite For Destruction and Whitesnake 1987, which were the other big sellers of that year...the longview for me is that Hysteria didn't have nearly as many decent songs on it as Pyromania...about the only Lep albums I even listen to anymore are High N Dry and Pyromania. Band really hasn't put anything out since Hysteria that I would consider essential.

But Pyromania and Hysteria are both diamond status in terms of sales, I think, and I suppose having two of those makes the band worthy of some mention. More so than, say, Hootie and the Blowfish or Alanis Morrisette who each had one monster selling album and weren't able to follow it up.

Terry
05-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
Want an overated band...

U2...

I HATE THESE FUCKERS!!!!

AWFUL!

Plus you have cuntface Bono....Nice name asswipe....spewing his crappy self serving political bullshit all over the place. Hey Bono...if I want some musician to teach me something, I'll get Lita Ford to sit on my face (this is what I said in 1985...)

Agreed.

Although WAR is a great album, as is the Joshua Tree and parts of Achtung Baby. The rest I can take or leave.

Jesus Christ
05-10-2007, 11:53 PM
Creed.

They made even Me want to listen to death metal.

FORD
05-11-2007, 12:58 AM
A huge "verily" to that, Lord!

GO-SPURS-GO
05-11-2007, 01:50 AM
There's only one answer for this, and I'm sure that even Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson will agree with me...

NIGGA PLEASE!

That's it? That's all the response i get from my blasphemous view? To hell with those guys! People like Sharpton, Jackson, Farrakhan, David Duke and the KKK all work for the Devil. They are dividers not uniters!
Carlos Santana is another overated band.

binnie
05-11-2007, 02:53 AM
I'll agree that The Beatles are overrated, no-one deserves that kind of God like worship....

Also:

The Eagles, U2, Nirvana, The Clash

Great bands, but not as great and musically revolutionary as some would have it

And a whole crop of bands that seems to me to have very little cause for acclaim but receive lots of it anyway:

Coldplay
Bon Jovi
The Killers
The Strokes
Green Day

GO-SPURS-GO
05-11-2007, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by binnie
I'll agree that The Beatles are overrated, no-one deserves that kind of God like worship....

Also:

The Eagles, U2, Nirvana, The Clash

Great bands, but not as great and musically revolutionary as some would have it

And a whole crop of bands that seems to me to have very little cause for acclaim but receive lots of it anyway:

Coldplay
Bon Jovi
The Killers
The Strokes
Green Day

well said! The Killers and The Strokes totally blow. they sound like amateurs.

binnie
05-11-2007, 04:46 AM
They just sound like a lot of early 80s bands to me, and there's no crime in that: but it means that they shouldn't be hailed as some revolutionary musical messiahs by the critics...

Anonymous
05-11-2007, 05:25 AM
U2 and The Beatles.

Just BAD pop... not that there's any good pop.

Bono is a cunt and Lennon was a cunt.

They both got more fame from stuff they did outside the music scene.

Cheers! :bottle:

Shaun Ponsonby
05-11-2007, 06:17 AM
Although I've never been a Beatles fan, I wouldn't deny their influence. If so many people got into the business because they wanted to be a Beatle, then they must have been good at what they did.

But, if we're goung down that route, I would say Led Zep. Never understood why they are considered to be the GRATEst rock & roll band of all time.

U2...YES.

Bon Jovi...I cun't stand the guy, and his music sucks too. But I really hate HIM.

All the flavours of the month.

KISS...always come across as a band who concentrated on image more than music.

GUNS AND ROSES...made one GRATE album and are considered one of the GRATEst rock and roll bands ever? Bollocks.

Mr Badguy
05-11-2007, 07:21 AM
Want an overated band...

U2...

I HATE THESE FUCKERS!!!!

AWFUL!

Yeah!

When I read this thread title U2 was the first band I thought of.

I never heard any of their songs that made me think they were anything special.

Mr Badguy
05-11-2007, 07:22 AM
Also Radiohead get a lot of praise for doing stuff King Crimson did a lot better years ago.

The_KiD
05-11-2007, 07:58 AM
Yea, I completely agree with U2. While I really enoyed early U2, anything after Actung Baby really sounds thrown together and is nothing more than efforts to keep the cash coming in..

Coldplay is another. While Chris Martin can put together a catchy melody, the band is mediocre at best.

As far as lately, there are so many bands that are hyped by the music business that just don't deserve the recognition they are getting. Bands like Nickelback, The Strokes, Franz Ferdinand, Jet, Artic Monkeys and I could go on and on are average bands at best.

I could go on forever but will shut up..

Cheers,

KiD

ace diamond
05-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ
Creed.

LMFAOROTF!!!!!

ace diamond
05-11-2007, 11:46 AM
STRYPER......I FUCKING HATE THOSE LAME ASS BIBLE THUMPING MOTHERFUCKERS!

ace diamond
05-11-2007, 11:51 AM
yeah, i hate u2.....never understood how anyone could like them.
and yes,bono is a cunt.

ThrillsNSpills
05-11-2007, 12:42 PM
Bon Jovi and Poison

I think the Strokes have several strong tracks.

lmao@ Moronica, Greed, and Straind. I aGreed. :)

binnie
05-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by The_KiD

Nickelback, The Strokes, Franz Ferdinand, Jet, Artic Monkeys and I could go on and on are average bands at best.

I agree on all counts, although Nickleback are not seen as credible in any way over here....

Shaun Ponsonby
05-11-2007, 12:49 PM
You know...JET are EGGcellent live. Better than some of the "better" bands I've seen.

Don Corleone
05-11-2007, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by The_KiD
,Artic Monkeys and I could go on and on are average bands at best.

I wondered who'd be first to mention the Artic Monkeys, and I've got to agree. They've created a lot of hype, but they are average at best. If you want to hear how that sort of music should be done..... listen to The Jam.

binnie
05-11-2007, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Don Corleone
If you want to hear how that sort of music should be done..... listen to The Jam.

Yup, then also remind me a little of XTC, as do The Kaiser Chiefs...

Shaun Ponsonby
05-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Don Corleone
If you want to hear how that sort of music should be done..... listen to The Jam.

That was gonna be my next choice:
THE JAM

Last_Child
05-11-2007, 02:58 PM
Iron Maiden, Iron Maiden & Iron Maiden.

Yes they are talented and shit, but.. I've never liked them altough they are hyped like FUCK!!

Mr. Vengeance
05-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by ace diamond
STRYPER......I FUCKING HATE THOSE LAME ASS BIBLE THUMPING MOTHERFUCKERS!

No one ever gave them credit for being any good to begin with.

cMb
05-12-2007, 11:34 PM
Dave Matthews

Grateful Dead

GNR

Van Hagar

Led Zeppelin

U2 :uck:

Nirvana

Satan
05-13-2007, 12:15 AM
The most ridiculously over-rated bands in history.....

Steely Dan
Whitesnake
Bon Jovi
Van Hagar
Journey (especially after 1981)
KISS (anything but the original 4)
Def Leppard after Pyromania
ELO

MERRYKISSMASS2U
05-13-2007, 12:33 AM
Megadeth

Hey, I like to be spontaneous :D

In all seriousness, Metallica, Beatles, KISS, U2. Did I mention the Beatles?

Shaun Ponsonby
05-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by cMb
Dave Matthews

Grateful Dead

GNR

Van Hagar

Led Zeppelin

U2 :uck:

Nirvana

Van Hagar are overrated?

blueturk
05-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ
Creed.

Sorry Lord, but I already mentioned them, although I used my personal name for them.

PlexiBrown
05-13-2007, 11:42 AM
Bon Jovi
Springsteen
Poison
The Dead
U2
The Stones after the mid 70's

sadaist
05-13-2007, 12:09 PM
Nirvana and Guns & Roses

PumpedUpMidget
05-13-2007, 12:23 PM
Nirvana, Green Day, and Def Leppard

FORD
05-13-2007, 12:38 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B5ESIq1Opbc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B5ESIq1Opbc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

SparkieD
05-13-2007, 01:03 PM

I think I love you!

ace diamond
05-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
Van Hagar are overrated?

yes, you dumb fucking sheep!

cMb
05-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Van Hagar are overrated?

Uh, I would have to say that I don't really think anybody around here has 'over-rated' them... :)

FORD
05-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by PlexiBrown

The Stones after the mid 70's

Uhhhhh....... would 1978 be considered "mid 70's"??

'cause this rocks!!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UsjE-Jl4Rik"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UsjE-Jl4Rik" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

DrMaddVibe
05-13-2007, 02:26 PM
The Stones live IS overrated!

Just gimme the studio stuff.

Mick always sounds like he's singing while he's running on a treadmill.

Keith and Ron/Mick/Brian always sound muddy.

The only ones that sound decent are Charlie and Bill.

I'm glad i passed on seeing them last time they came around. Blah.

DavidLeeNatra
05-13-2007, 04:21 PM
don't touch the stones here...they have bad days live sometimes...but they still smoke all the above mentioned bands any day....

DrMaddVibe
05-13-2007, 05:40 PM
Let me know when they have a good day live, because in all the times I've seen them live and on bootlegs its exactly as I described them.

I love their material, but live they fall apart for me.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
05-13-2007, 06:10 PM
Their exorbitant ticket prices suck as well.

gunsnmotley
05-13-2007, 06:16 PM
hmm. well

Green day
Metallica
U2
Guns n roses(as much as i love them, really 1 great cd does not make a career)

Nirvana- its kind of a joke when this guy gets rated higher than EvH in guitar polls...

GO-SPURS-GO
05-14-2007, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Let me know when they have a good day live, because in all the times I've seen them live and on bootlegs its exactly as I described them.

I love their material, but live they fall apart for me.

They are the sloppiest live band ever! Mick and Axl are the worst live singers i have ever heard. In the studio they can tune and clean up your voice/sound and not to mention you have as many takes to get it right, but live, you can be exposed. was it the Super Bowl last year or the BCS title game when they performed at halftime and they sounded freakin horrible? My choice was The Beatles, I didn't think of the Stones until you brought them up. At least The Beatles didn't sound that sloppy live, just cheesy.

GO-SPURS-GO
05-14-2007, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Uhhhhh....... would 1978 be considered "mid 70's"??

'cause this rocks!!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UsjE-Jl4Rik"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UsjE-Jl4Rik" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

You know FORD, we have been fighting together ever since I joined this board and we are gonna disagree again. To me, that's horrible. If that's from 1978, then put that next to Little Dreamer, On Fire or even the worst song on VH1 (YRGM) and that Stones song just melts. They are hailed as the best Rock-n-Roll band ever. That's the biggest over statement ever! Well, maybe calling Paris Hilton a celebrity is. I'm trying to find common ground with you FORD.

binnie
05-14-2007, 04:01 AM
Natra, that pic in your sig fuckin' rules!

binnie
05-14-2007, 04:06 AM
Queen.

I just don't get the appeal. However, I recognize that I'm in the minority on this one, so maybe it's my issue rather than a problem with the band.

Rock Opera has just never done much for me...

fe_lung
05-14-2007, 08:02 AM
Van Hagar are overrated?

If they are rated at all then they are overrated.

fe_lung
05-14-2007, 08:03 AM
Maroon 5
John Mayer
Fleetwood Mac
Elton John

fe_lung
05-14-2007, 08:14 AM
There are some bands whom I would argue are both underrated AND overrated (or maybe they're just celebrated for the wrong reasons - I dunno)

Bowie - praised for the image changes but people often don't mention the musical changes that accompanied them.

Sex Pistols - For a lot of people it's all about Sid. It should be about John's lyrics and Steve's guitar. Sid was rebellious for it's own sake - John had a point.

U2 - Unlike a lot of you I love 'em - But the first 3 records were mostly filler. They're great live but for a band with their catalog, they should mix up the set-lists more. If Bono would focus less on meeting with politicians and more time on his real job, they could be so much more.

The Clash - wrote some great songs but they certainly released some experimental stuff that should have stayed in the vault.

Prince - another amazing musician and songwriter who doesn't seem to understand that some things just suck and they shouldn't be kept around much less released. When you hear some of his stuff you have to think "If this is what he releases then how much must the stuff in his legendary vault suck?"

Lou Reed - Amazing songwriter - still. His reputation is based around (about) ten songs. There's a lot of good stuff that people don't know about (and, again, a lot of crap that should have stayed burried).

FORD
05-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by fe_lung

U2 - Unlike a lot of you I love 'em - But the first 3 records were mostly filler.

OK, I've heard a lot of weird, crazy, and downright criminal things said about U2 on this board, but I'll admit, that's a new one.

First three albums filler??

Boy - like most bands' debut albums, the best of the material that they had. Songs that they had been playing live for a few years, and a few that had even been released as singles - though different versions.

October - I could see how this one could be branded as "filler" if you didn't know the circumstances behind the album's recording. Bono's lyric notebook was stolen in Portland, so when they got into the studio, they literally had to record from scratch. I love the record myself, because the spiritual vibe behind it (look up how the song "Gloria" came to be) was perfect for where I was in my life at the time, and it's still great for that reason once in a while. Though obviously some songs like "Is that all" were abandoned almost immediately by the band, when they took that riff and tacked it on to the live version of "Electric Co."

As for "War", probably my favorite album of the 80's. "Fair Warning" is a very close second.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EbErxyQrTsg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EbErxyQrTsg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

PumpedUpMidget
05-14-2007, 12:51 PM
October - I could see how this one could be branded as "filler" if you didn't know the circumstances behind the album's recording. Bono's lyric notebook was stolen in Portland, so when they got into the studio, they literally had to record from scratch. I love the record myself, because the spiritual vibe behind it (look up how the song "Gloria" came to be) was perfect for where I was in my life at the time, and it's still great for that reason once in a while. Though obviously some songs like "Is that all" were abandoned almost immediately by the band, when they took that riff and tacked it on to the live version of "Electric Co."

As for "War", probably my favorite album of the 80's. "Fair Warning" is a very close second.

October and War are easily U2's greatest albums...

Shaun Ponsonby
05-14-2007, 03:54 PM
If they are rated at all then they are overrated.

Thats it, y'see...I didn't think they were rated at all.

Who talks aboot Van Hagar?

I cun't think of anyone except Spammy Gaygar and three inch cock.

fe_lung
05-14-2007, 05:51 PM

First three albums filler??

Compared to the later albums - absolutely.
I get your arguments completely. Sure the first album is the best they could do at the time - can't blame them if they don't "have it" yet. They shouldn't.

I know the October story (didn't the lyric notebook turn up a year or two ago. I thought I re.ad that somewhere) - again, not their fault that the album isn't tight.

I'll split with you on War, though. I know a lot of people love it but I just don't get that one. '40' is good, and Sunday's alright (though the Rattle & Hum version is superior) but that's about it. The rest of it doesn't connect with me the way middle and late era stuff does.

fe_lung
05-14-2007, 05:53 PM
Thats it, y'see...I didn't think they were rated at all.

Who talks aboot Van Hagar?

I cun't think of anyone except Spammy Gaygar and three inch cock.

Well, technically, if you say "van hagar sucks fetid donkey's cock" you're still - in a sense- rating them. And qualitatively speaking, you're overrating them.

Mr. Vengeance
05-14-2007, 07:58 PM
Don't even try to knock the Stones live in any way! Sloppy? Yeah, back then, but goddamn I love bands that are a little sloppy live. We're not talking Led Zep sloppy and shitty live. Take a listen to Keith rocking the FUCK OUT on Little T&A from their concert movie, Let's Spend the Night Together (1979). If someone can find it on You Tube, please attach, since I haven't figured out how to do You Tube stuff yet.

DrMaddVibe
05-14-2007, 09:07 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r-Xa8dbwtY8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r-Xa8dbwtY8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ToAyxx-sIfY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ToAyxx-sIfY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

C'mon...I know that they can hide behind a good producer and that you have the talent to come up with the song and all but still...live, they're all over the place sloppy.

fe_lung
05-14-2007, 09:33 PM
A lot of bands work really hard to sound as loose and "sloppy" as the Stones

rustoffa
05-14-2007, 09:35 PM
The Eagles. Never got it, never will. Joe Walsh wrote a smash hit regarding his involvement with the non-hard-rocking-fuckers.

This ain't it.
:D

On a Trent Reznor Friday... Cool-Whip in my hair
Corndogs and burritos, rising up through the air
Starting guard for the Pistons has never met Bobby Knight
My bread was levened and my beard was trimmed...
I have a slight overbite
I've never seen all of "Porkies," or owned a Packard Bell
And I was thinkin' to myself,
"If I could breakdance, man that would be swell."
Then I beat up a Chancellor, and I sprayed him with mace
You could hear them down the corridor... playing Ace of Bass

Welcome to the hotel. Now, to porn ya.
It's a rugby place. Here's my cello case.
There's plenty of room at the hotel. Now, I'll warn ya:
You can have a beer, but you'll lose an ear.

Her mom is Tiffany's sister. She quotes from mid-eighties bands
"Do you know NSync or Backstreet Boys?" "Well, that depends."
Bagger Vance is a retard. Sweet, smelly fat.
Some "Dance Fever" members haven't gotten past that.

So pulled out the Pac-Man. Beat through it just fine.
I said, "I haven't got my nipple pierced since 1969."
And still those oysters are crawlin', so flog away.
Made you burp in the middle of a fight... just to hear them say...

(chorus)

(break)

Pickles on the ceiling. I think Amway's alright.
and she said, "we are all just Presidents... here, have a fudge delight."
and in the pastor's manger, they'd rather have roast beef.
They cut it with their silly knives but they just can't cut the meat.

Last thing I remember... I was running door to door.
Knocking as I passed them by, then I'd hide behind the porch.
"Relax," said the nightgown, "we are clothes used to conceal."
You can shuffle any time you like, but you can never deal.

binnie
05-15-2007, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
The Eagles. Never got it, never will. Joe Walsh wrote a smash hit regarding his involvement with the non-hard-rocking-fuckers.

I hear ya...

MERRYKISSMASS2U
05-15-2007, 03:06 AM
Queen.

I just don't get the appeal. However, I recognize that I'm in the minority on this one, so maybe it's my issue rather than a problem with the band.

Rock Opera has just never done much for me...

Hear, hear!

Shaun Ponsonby
05-15-2007, 06:19 AM

This ain't it.
:D

On a Trent Reznor Friday... Cool-Whip in my hair
Corndogs and burritos, rising up through the air
Starting guard for the Pistons has never met Bobby Knight
My bread was levened and my beard was trimmed...
I have a slight overbite
I've never seen all of "Porkies," or owned a Packard Bell
And I was thinkin' to myself,
"If I could breakdance, man that would be swell."
Then I beat up a Chancellor, and I sprayed him with mace
You could hear them down the corridor... playing Ace of Bass

Welcome to the hotel. Now, to porn ya.
It's a rugby place. Here's my cello case.
There's plenty of room at the hotel. Now, I'll warn ya:
You can have a beer, but you'll lose an ear.

Her mom is Tiffany's sister. She quotes from mid-eighties bands
"Do you know NSync or Backstreet Boys?" "Well, that depends."
Bagger Vance is a retard. Sweet, smelly fat.
Some "Dance Fever" members haven't gotten past that.

So pulled out the Pac-Man. Beat through it just fine.
I said, "I haven't got my nipple pierced since 1969."
And still those oysters are crawlin', so flog away.
Made you burp in the middle of a fight... just to hear them say...

(chorus)

(break)

Pickles on the ceiling. I think Amway's alright.
and she said, "we are all just Presidents... here, have a fudge delight."
and in the pastor's manger, they'd rather have roast beef.
They cut it with their silly knives but they just can't cut the meat.

Last thing I remember... I was running door to door.
Knocking as I passed them by, then I'd hide behind the porch.
"Relax," said the nightgown, "we are clothes used to conceal."
You can shuffle any time you like, but you can never deal.

Always thought Joe looks uncomforatable with The Eagles, like he wants to move.

I'd take The James Gang any day.

DavidLeeNatra
05-15-2007, 09:22 AM
A lot of bands work really hard to sound as loose and "sloppy" as the Stones

and absolutely NO ONE can be that cool trying to beat the shit out of an idiot like good ol' keef :D

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AJ_P1vfZYo4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AJ_P1vfZYo4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

DavidLeeNatra
05-15-2007, 09:25 AM
Natra, that pic in your sig fuckin' rules!

love it, too

but...QUEEN was a killer live act! you can say what you want about the music as well, like it or not...but you can't touch their genius...

a band you can't rate high enough...

binnie
05-15-2007, 09:28 AM
Well, like I said, it's wasted on me....

Guess I must be a freak...lol!

FORD
05-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Compared to the later albums - absolutely.
I get your arguments completely. Sure the first album is the best they could do at the time - can't blame them if they don't "have it" yet. They shouldn't.

I know the October story (didn't the lyric notebook turn up a year or two ago. I thought I re.ad that somewhere) - again, not their fault that the album isn't tight.

I'll split with you on War, though. I know a lot of people love it but I just don't get that one. '40' is good, and Sunday's alright (though the Rattle & Hum version is superior) but that's about it. The rest of it doesn't connect with me the way middle and late era stuff does.

And now, from the second best performance of US Fest 83.....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TvUKjSN9Qxs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TvUKjSN9Qxs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

fe_lung
05-15-2007, 01:43 PM
The Eagles. Never got it, never will.

You said it!

Mr. Vengeance
05-15-2007, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r-Xa8dbwtY8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r-Xa8dbwtY8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ToAyxx-sIfY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ToAyxx-sIfY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

C'mon...I know that they can hide behind a good producer and that you have the talent to come up with the song and all but still...live, they're all over the place sloppy.

Aw man...that IS rock n' roll to me!

MAPRamone
05-19-2007, 10:32 AM
Sonic Youth: making out of tune guitars go 'screech' might have been innovative 25 years ago but it sure ain't now. They're not bad, it's just that EVERYTHING they do gets praised to high heavens by critics when it clearly doesn't deserve to.

PJ Harvey: Again, she's mostly listenable, but the fawning worship by the critics puts me off. She's got some good songs, but most of her stuff is mediocre.

SparkieD
05-19-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
but...QUEEN was a killer live act! you can say what you want about the music as well, like it or not...but you can't touch their genius...

a band you can't rate high enough...

Well, like I said, it's wasted on me....

Guess I must be a freak...lol!

You shouldn't call a band overrated just beacuse their style doesn't appeal to you. The sheer amount of talent coming from every single member of that band is absolutely astounding. I can understand rock opera not being for everybody...hell, it ain't even for me except in the case of Queen...but even if you're not a fan, you can't deny their proficiency. Extremely underrated band.

And Bin, I'll bet you are a freak;)

Shaun Ponsonby
05-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Well, he said he'd do $haron O$bournĀ£...so, yea, he probably is.

ODShowtime
05-19-2007, 02:28 PM
please don't call me a cocktard

Without Sir George Martin, the Beatles would have been an above average band. Most of those kids at the airport when they arrived in America where paid by the record label and management to cause a big fuss.

With a lot of help from the 60/70's drug years, they changed America. FOR THE WORST!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but you are a cocktard.

The White Album and Abbey Road alone did enough for the art of studio production and songcraft to inspire the majority of rock artists for the last 40 years.

Considering you sound like you have some idea of what you are talking about regarding the Beatles, it makes your opinion all the more baffling. :confused:

I agree with the guy who said Lou Reed. I don't get him at all.

GO-SPURS-GO
05-20-2007, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
Sorry, but you are a cocktard.

The White Album and Abbey Road alone did enough for the art of studio production and songcraft to inspire the majority of rock artists for the last 40 years.

Considering you sound like you have some idea of what you are talking about regarding the Beatles, it makes your opinion all the more baffling. :confused:

I agree with the guy who said Lou Reed. I don't get him at all.

I guess I am a cocktard. I've been pissing people off with my views around here. You wrote "the art of studio production." That's part of my beef with them. Put decent musicians with great producers and engineers and they will be the next big thing. My GOD, look at all the pop stars of today that have ZERO talent, and they top the charts. I've never seen a good concert from there "ground breaking stuff." the only LIVE stuff I've seen is all there cheezy stuff like "Twist and shout" and the rest of there boring crap. You also said "it makes your opinion," and that's all it is, my opinion.;)

Panamark
05-20-2007, 02:14 AM
Havent read the whole thread, but Nickelback and Greenday
(From the modern era) are really overrated

Ever notice that every Greenday hit sounds instantly recognizable ??
You can just about dissect each Greenday song's main melodies
and find them in other well known songs.
Same deal with The Offspring...

Nickelback dont "borrow heavily" from other artists, they just
borrow heavily from their first hit everytime..

U2 is definately worth mentioning, remember a few years back
when any album they released would win the emmy's ??
Even if it was the sound of Bono's first fart of the morning ??
Their early work was awesome, but geez, some of the awards
and accolades they received many years down the track
were not deserved.. It was almost like the industry *had* to
vote for them, no matter what they did..

FORD
05-20-2007, 04:16 AM
I've never seen a good concert from there "ground breaking stuff." the only LIVE stuff I've seen is all there cheezy stuff like "Twist and shout" and the rest of there boring crap.

How about their final live performance from January 1969?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ea6ZcfJspcI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ea6ZcfJspcI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xINfAYiWVhU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xINfAYiWVhU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pd8JYA4MvlQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pd8JYA4MvlQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

GO-SPURS-GO
05-20-2007, 04:24 AM

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ea6ZcfJspcI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ea6ZcfJspcI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xINfAYiWVhU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xINfAYiWVhU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pd8JYA4MvlQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pd8JYA4MvlQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Will you let me go to bed Ford. I'll watch those vids tomorrow. Trying to get me to like the Beatles, is like me trying to convence you that Bush has done SOME good things.;)

Panamark
05-20-2007, 04:32 AM
Gotta love that rooftop concert !!

If you watch that and dont think they were a real band,
GIVE IT AWAY DUDE !!! :)

Mr. Vengeance
05-20-2007, 12:12 PM
I read that Paul is finally allowing Let it Be to be released on DVD. For ages he wouldn't agree to have it released because he hated the arguing scene with George.

mako_kimura
05-20-2007, 02:22 PM
My personal picks:

Pantera (So Darrell died, big fucking deal)
Metallica (I've always hated 'em)
Shitknot (Slipknot=Shit, to take a song title of theirs and tweak it)
Korn (They should've died with Limp Bizkit)
My Chemical Romance (I hate their fans as much as them)
Van Halen (Flame me, I dare you)

Panamark
05-20-2007, 04:21 PM
LINKIN PARK !

The_KiD
05-20-2007, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
LINKIN PARK !

Agreed, I received a comped copy of their new release and actually gave it a listen. Bad just does not describe it. It is pretty pathetic..

KiD

SparkieD
05-20-2007, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
LINKIN PARK !

Stinkin' Fart's more like it.

rustoffa
05-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO You wrote "the art of studio production." That's part of my beef with them.

@one point, they got disillusioned with studio production, and hauled all the gear out into the hallway.

FORD
05-21-2007, 02:47 AM
It just pisses me off when I see somebody spreading the myth that the Beatles were some sort of prefabricated "boy band".

John met Paul in 1957. George joined within a year of that. By 1960 they were already touring internationally, and they even had a record out, all before they met manager Brian Epstein or signed with Capitol. It's true that Epstein marketed the living shit out of their image, but behind that was a very REAL rock n roll band.

GO-SPURS-GO
05-21-2007, 03:59 AM

Thank you Ford for those vids. Now i really think they are over rated. What do you see In them? I guess that one man's trash is another man's treasure. John Lennon is the most over rated musician ever! Paul sings way better and plays his instrument better. The chords that John & George were playing where nothing new. Robert Johnson play those chords 30 before them. And Alex's drum riffs in "Outta Love" kicks the shit out of Ringo's. Like I said before, they came at a perfect time in America. If they were to come out today, they would be just an average sounding band like The White Stripes or Jett. I never said they sucked, just way, way over rated!

GO-SPURS-GO
05-21-2007, 04:00 AM

Thank you Ford for those vids. Now i really think they are over rated. What do you see In them? I guess that one man's trash is another man's treasure. John Lennon is the most over rated musician ever! Paul sings way better and plays his instrument better. The chords that John & George was playing were nothing new. Robert Johnson played those chords 30 before them. And Alex's drum riffs in "Outta Love" kicks the shit out of Ringo's. Like I said before, they came at a perfect time in America. If they were to come out today, they would be just an average sounding band like The White Stripes or Jett. I never said they sucked, just way, way over rated!

binnie
05-21-2007, 04:36 AM
It seems that a lot of bands in this thread are more "over-popular" than "overated": seriously, does anyone rate Nickleback or Linkin Park as good bands? Will they go down as legends?

Nope.

Having said that, any chance to rag on bands like that is fine by me.

But if I had a twelve year old kid, I'd rather they were listening to entry level metal like Linkin Park than some brainless, generic top 40 band that everyone likes just because they are popular, as opposed to them actually having some talent.

Who knows, one day that kid might get into Led Zep...

Shaun Ponsonby
05-21-2007, 11:19 AM
On the nosey, Bin.

People tend to get the words "overated" and "overpopular" mixed up.

Redballjets88
05-21-2007, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by ace diamond
BON JOVI
DEF LEPPARD
POISON
CINDERELLA
GREEN DAY
R.E.M.
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN
TESLA
RATT
SLAUGHTER
PETER CETERA
PETER FRAMPTON
HANOI ROCKS
OH I COULD JUST GO ON AND ON........
THERE IS AN OVERABUNDANCE OF OVERRATED SHITTY ASS BANDS

how is hanoi rocks over rated? barely anyone knows them. and they are a great band

Redballjets88
05-21-2007, 11:43 AM
Led Zepplin

i dont care what anyone says to me they are. there whiny ass singer and bitch guitarist are fags.

binnie
05-21-2007, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
how is hanoi rocks over rated? barely anyone knows them. and they are a great band

I'd agree with you on that one, Hanoi would be a candidate for "most underated band ever" as far as I'm concerned.

FORD
05-21-2007, 12:28 PM
Led Zepplin

i dont care what anyone says to me they are. there whiny ass singer and bitch guitarist are fags.

OK, now that's going too far.

I don't know if I'd even call Zeppelin "overrated", but they definitely ARE overplayed.

Three times a week, KZOK will play fucking "Stairway to Heaven" sometime within the 10:00 hour of the morning. at least one of those times, it will be the first song. Technically their first song of the day, as their morning show isn't musical. They also have "Lunch with Led" on the weekends, and used to have an evening program called "Get the Led out".

It's ridiculous. Yeah, they were a great band. Yeah I own all their records (and a few boots) but damn it, they broke up 27 fucking years ago. Don't treat em like they just released "Houses of the Holy" last week.

Shaun Ponsonby
05-21-2007, 01:18 PM
I'd call them overrated if people can call The Beatles overrated.

Even more so than The Beatles

GO-SPURS-GO
05-21-2007, 03:06 PM

I don't know if I'd even call Zeppelin "overrated", but they definitely ARE overplayed.

Three times a week, KZOK will play fucking "Stairway to Heaven" sometime within the 10:00 hour of the morning. at least one of those times, it will be the first song. Technically their first song of the day, as their morning show isn't musical. They also have "Lunch with Led" on the weekends, and used to have an evening program called "Get the Led out".

It's ridiculous. Yeah, they were a great band. Yeah I own all their records (and a few boots) but damn it, they broke up 27 fucking years ago. Don't treat em like they just released "Houses of the Holy" last week.

I've been trying to figure out where are you from. KZOK gave you away. Now I know why you liberal/democrats up in Seattle are different from us democrats in San Antonio, you guys have access to way too much Starbucks coffee. I know now why you are always edgy, you curse and call people ugly names. 350mgs of caffeine per cup will help you protest in the streets all day and still have enough energy to post almost 19 times per day on this site. Be careful you guys, because drinking too much caffeine along with smoking dope releases too much Adorphins and your brain can't reproduce it fast enough. That's why burnt out 60's hippies (like my poor mom) are scizoprenic and paranoid of everything. Oh, by the way. the reason why they play "Stairway to Heaven" soo much, is because KZOK & Jimmy Page (Aleister Crowley is Jimmy's mentor) is part of the far left plans to turn our kids in satan worshippers. Did you know that if you listen to it backwards it clearly says "oh my sweet satan." Just like the BCE and the far right plans, to take over the world. Crazy right? :rolleyes:

Redballjets88
05-23-2007, 12:16 AM

ok ill give you that, i mean when every 13 year old kid says they love zepplin but can only name 2 or 3 songs of theirs while wearing their target bought zepplin t-shirt to me thats overated, but could just be over done

Redballjets88
05-23-2007, 12:18 AM
I'd agree with you on that one, Hanoi would be a candidate for "most underated band ever" as far as I'm concerned.

i would say CVH is extremely underrated, it seems like people give more credit to bands like def leppard that CVH, i mean all CVH did was influence every guitarist and vocalist for the next 30 years, but whatever.

Rikk
05-23-2007, 12:33 AM
I read that Paul is finally allowing Let it Be to be released on DVD. For ages he wouldn't agree to have it released because he hated the arguing scene with George.

I read a couple of months ago that the release they were working on has been scrapped again. Apparently, there are still bad feelings and Ringo and Paul are not excited to see it out there.

I watched it with a bunch of friends in a bar recently and the entire bar practically stopped talking and started singing along to the songs.

Fucking great movie.

binnie
05-23-2007, 02:50 AM
I'd call them overrated if people can call The Beatles overrated.

Even more so than The Beatles

I don't think Zeppelin are more overated than The Beatles.

As far as some people are concerned, The Beatles invented music (NME, Q etc....)

But anyone who gets that kind of attention is overated, no-one could be as influencial as that...

FORD
05-23-2007, 03:10 AM
ok ill give you that, i mean when every 13 year old kid says they love zepplin but can only name 2 or 3 songs of theirs while wearing their target bought zepplin t-shirt to me thats overated, but could just be over done

Now THAT is true! It was like that even when I was in college. I was working at a Subway back then and there were these 16 year old teeny bopper chicks working there. "Oh my God, I LOVE Zeppelin!!"

Yeah, sure you do. Name 5 of their songs.

"Uh, OK.... Ummmm Stairway to Heaven...... uhhhh..... uhhhhh..."

Yeah, that's what I thought. Even worse yet, another one of these kids heard "Over The Hills and Far Away" (the best fucking song Zeppelin ever wrote) playing on the tape deck and asked me...

"Is that Jane's Addiction???"

HELL NO IT ISN"T JANE'S FUCKING ADDICTION. Do I have to take you kids to Tower Records and give you a formal fucking education in music??

Oh well, at least she gave good head, so she wasn't completely useless. :D

binnie
05-23-2007, 03:48 AM
Now THAT is true! It was like that even when I was in college. I was working at a Subway back then and there were these 16 year old teeny bopper chicks working there. "Oh my God, I LOVE Zeppelin!!"

Yeah, sure you do. Name 5 of their songs.

"Uh, OK.... Ummmm Stairway to Heaven...... uhhhh..... uhhhhh..."

Yeah, that's what I thought. Even worse yet, another one of these kids heard "Over The Hills and Far Away" (the best fucking song Zeppelin ever wrote) playing on the tape deck and asked me...

"Is that Jane's Addiction???"

HELL NO IT ISN"T JANE'S FUCKING ADDICTION. Do I have to take you kids to Tower Records and give you a formal fucking education in music??

Oh well, at least she gave good head, so she wasn't completely useless. :D

Ford, that reads like you're admitting receiving head from a 16 year old girl.... :)

SparkieD
05-23-2007, 10:47 AM

As far as some people are concerned, The Beatles invented music (NME, Q etc....)

But anyone who gets that kind of attention is overated, no-one could be as influencial as that...

They are both overrated. overplayed, overpopular, etc...Short of a Zep song or two, it'll be too damn soon if I never hear either of these fucking bands again!

And somebody explain to me why The Beatles get so much credit for rock and roll yet The Stones get so little.

binnie
05-23-2007, 10:53 AM
Well, I absolutely adore Led Zepp, but there's no doubting that they're overrated.

Shaun Ponsonby
05-23-2007, 12:42 PM

And what about all the people who think Led Zep invented heavy rock (NME, Q etc...)?

Look at Classic Rock. They're on the cover every other month. Most of their year is spent sucking up to Led Zep, Ozzy and Asshole Rose.

Rikk
05-23-2007, 04:06 PM
Led Zeppelin were brilliant. One of the most important and ground-breaking bands ever. And they're also really fun to listen to.

OZZY is totally overrated. His best work was with Sabbath. And even then he didn't write lyrics...though his work was still good. His solo career is a mess...tons of music he didn't write, bad treatment of band members...inconsistent work, to say the least.

GUNS 'N' ROSES is among the most overrated bands in history (IMO)...no originality, an asshole lead singer who thinks he's god...why people worship him so much or care about his glorified shit solo album that's coming out in 2020 is beyond me.

Shaun Ponsonby
05-23-2007, 04:32 PM
I've just never really cared for Led Zep. I recognise their importance, though, and only brought them up after people were calling The Beatles overrated.

Whose to say whats overrated really?

Its all down to opinion.

katie
05-24-2007, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by Rikk
Led Zeppelin were brilliant. One of the most important and ground-breaking bands ever. And they're also really fun to listen to.

OZZY is totally overrated. His best work was with Sabbath. And even then he didn't write lyrics...though his work was still good. His solo career is a mess...tons of music he didn't write, bad treatment of band members...inconsistent work, to say the least.

GUNS 'N' ROSES is among the most overrated bands in history (IMO)...no originality, an asshole lead singer who thinks he's god...why people worship him so much or care about his glorified shit solo album that's coming out in 2020 is beyond me.

Fucking hell, This is the first post that i agree with Rikk on everything!

Where will it all end?

Cool!

binnie
05-24-2007, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by katie

Where will it all end?

Cool!

Maybe in marriage?

Hyman Roth
05-24-2007, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by Satan
The most ridiculously over-rated bands in history.....

Steely Dan

Are you fucking nuts? I don't want to live in a world without Steely Dan. You just hate those guys because you know they ain't going to Hell. How do I know? Because Heaven wouldn't be Heaven without Steely Dan.

I just pwnd the Dark Lord.

Rikk
05-24-2007, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by katie

Where will it all end?

Cool!

Who knew, huh?

mako_kimura
07-11-2007, 08:16 AM
Avenged Sevenfold
Fall Out Boy
Panic! At The Disco

Basically, any band Hot Topic caters to

tajmahal
07-11-2007, 08:35 AM
The Violent Femmes - I absolutely hate this band. Every song I have ever heard is horrible!

TAKIN WHISKEY
07-11-2007, 08:57 AM
First, Van Halen must be close to making an announcement, Katie and Rikk actually agree on something, the stars must be aligned. Now, IMO, some of you people are nuts! Of course you have the right to your own opinion, but you are definitely in the minority. Led Zeppelin, and the Beatles over rated. Give me a break. Led Zeppelin sold most of their albums on street cred alone. The music did the talking. They didn't do interviews, they didn't do tv appearances, word of mouth and constant touring, early on is what got them their reputation. We are talking about 300million albums sold. that's no fluke man!

Blackflag
07-12-2007, 01:50 PM
The Beatles = most overrated band ever.

She loves you, yeah yeah yeah. She loves you, yeah yeah yeah.:uck:

They're Nsync without all the sweet dance moves.

Shaun Ponsonby
07-12-2007, 06:59 PM
I know what you mean...

I remember when N*Sync recorded The White Album and Sergent Pepper...