PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman 3 Review Thread

Little Texan
05-12-2007, 02:00 AM
I just got back from watching Spiderman 3, and I don't really know what to think of it. It wasn't a bad movie, but it wasn't a particularly good movie, either. It has too many slow periods, and the plot is all over the place...too many plotlines, too much stuff going on in this movie...they tried to cover too many characters, and it didn't work, for me at least. The end of the movie is a real down note...you won't leave feeling upbeat about the ending, and they didn't set it up for the next movie that I could see. The movie was ok, nothing to call home about, but Spiderman 2 was much better than this one! Had plenty of dazzling special effects, though.

hotdog@ a shake
05-12-2007, 02:35 AM
Holy SHit ...

My review echoes your review to a tee dude ...

I stiil don't know exactly what to make of it, but I know I won't watch it again, at least for a good while.

My kids liked it tho, as usual.

Dan
05-12-2007, 03:05 AM
So do you think buying a Big Tub of PopCorn would help you get you through the slow action parts?

Panamark
05-12-2007, 03:11 AM
George Lucas said to the press that he thought Spiderman 3
was "A Silly Movie"

RuzDNailz
05-12-2007, 03:20 AM
Truth is, the movie was dragged out in many parts. I liked having more villians this time around and especially venom. I thought for second that it had Carnage in it, but I was mistaken. Some parts were good, nontheless, but we left the theatre with a big sigh of relief!

Dan
05-12-2007, 03:24 AM
How much is it to see a Movie?

We pay NZ$14.00 a Ticket for a Adult.

RuzDNailz
05-12-2007, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by Dan

Probably the same for us depending on where you go. You can pay half price on Tuesdays for an evening show or pay 7 bucks for any
movie at a cheaper cinema. Problem with the cheaper cinemas is that they aren't stadium style seating and the seats torture your back!

PLEASE do NOT get me ranting about how expensive the snacks and drinks are.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
05-12-2007, 04:01 AM
I plan on seeing it next Tuesday with my best friend and two other of our good buddies.

Originally posted by Dan

14 New Zealand dollars = 10.2662 U.S. dollars

We pay 7 bucks, and it's a nice theater. 10 bucks I think for the nice-ass one with stadium seats, it is a huge facility.

Dan
05-12-2007, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by RuzDNailz
Probably the same for us depending on where you go. You can pay half price on Tuesdays for an evening show or pay 7 bucks for any
movie at a cheaper cinema. Problem with the cheaper cinemas is that they aren't stadium style seating and the seats torture your back!

PLEASE do NOT get me ranting about how expensive the snacks and drinks are.

We bring in our own Food and Drinks.:D

Seats,We have to sit on the floor.:)

I would rather see a Movie at Home,Drink and eat when you like and if you need to take a piss just pause the movie.

They need to bring back intermission time.3 hour movie without a break is Fucking Crazy.

bueno bob
05-12-2007, 06:28 AM
I've been hearing the same thing; "Spider-Man Emo", I've heard it described as...while it DOES seem like there's an awful lot going on (w/ Hobgoblin, Sandman, Venom, Gwen Stacy and the rest of the usual suspects), I was worried that it was going to bounce all over the place.

Still, going out next week to see it, so we'll see where we end up; I'll try to get a review in at some point or another...

col5150
05-12-2007, 06:34 AM
i thought it started well but some points really pissed me off

firstly it appears the spiderman franchise is goin in the same direction as the batman one and becoming more and more cheesey with each one.

The harry characters storyline was crap, i thought they were gonna have him goin mad and becoming the hob goblin with crazy screams and all instead we got a lame memory loss theme and the willem dafoe flashbacks could have been so much better, then hes dead

Deffinately tried to fit too many stories in the one movie

however,i did think Topher grace was better than id expected and the schene where evil peter parker made an arse of Kirsten Dunst in the jazz club with all his spidey moves was pretty good & the chick that played Gwen Stacy was smokin hot

Terry
05-12-2007, 12:05 PM
Funny thing is one hears so much about how much money the movie made opening weekend (although it's a little hard to flop when the flick is in 5 out of 15 theaters in any given moviehouse), but I haven't heard one person yet who said it was a great movie, or even the best movie in the series so far...

Thought Spiderman 2 was, in some ways, better than the first one, but am still hesitating to even bother with 3, and none of the reviews here are inspiring me to get out to go see it.

Terry
05-12-2007, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by col5150
i thought it started well but some points really pissed me off

firstly it appears the spiderman franchise is goin in the same direction as the batman one and becoming more and more cheesey with each one.

The harry characters storyline was crap, i thought they were gonna have him goin mad and becoming the hob goblin with crazy screams and all instead we got a lame memory loss theme and the willem dafoe flashbacks could have been so much better, then hes dead

Deffinately tried to fit too many stories in the one movie

however,i did think Topher grace was better than id expected and the schene where evil peter parker made an arse of Kirsten Dunst in the jazz club with all his spidey moves was pretty good & the chick that played Gwen Stacy was smokin hot

Wasn't that the whole point of the end of Spiderman 2, that Harry was gonna become the Goblin to avenge his father's death? Hard to believe they wouldn't have followed through with that setup...

Topher Grace is a talentless assclown.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
05-12-2007, 12:19 PM
The Harry storyline is more or less keeping with the comic version - down to the amnesia and all.

I wasn't bored at all, but I did leave the theater wondering what the hell that was all about.

Definitely the campiest in the Spidey trilogy - and thats the reaosn that its the least successful for me.

Terry
05-12-2007, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
was "A Silly Movie"

Yeah, well, least it didn't have Jar-Jar-fucking-Binks in it.

"Mmmm, mesa sucksa big cocksa"

The_KiD
05-12-2007, 01:12 PM
I thought it was enjoyable but not great. The writers definitely had their hands full with bring story lines together and I my opinion just oo many villians.. I enjoyed it but I think Spiderman I & II are definitely the better movies of the trilogy..

KiD

Nickdfresh
05-12-2007, 01:34 PM
Pretty much what I read in The Washington Post. Its a very mixed, slight disappointment, at best.

jhale667
05-12-2007, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
... a very mixed, slight disappointment, at best.

That's how I'd describe it. Spectacular special effects (of course), great action sequences...but the plot was kinda lame in spots, and there were some serious cheeseball moments...

I can sum up the worst part of it in two words (hope I'm not giving too much away): DANCE-ROUTINE. :confused:

WARF
05-12-2007, 04:57 PM
When the fuck are they gonna use his best villian? Dr Connors (aka the lizard) I used to fuckin' love that villian from the 67' series!!!

He would drink some fucking shit.... then his fucking tongue would start comin' out and shit...

jhale667
05-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by WARF
When the fuck are they gonna use his best villian? Dr Connors (aka the lizard) I used to fuckin' love that villian from the 67' series!!!

He would drink some fucking shit.... then his fucking tongue would start comin' out and shit...

What's funny is Doc Connors has been in all three movies...they should have set him to be the villian in the fourth...

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/442px-Lizard_bio.jpg

Ally_Kat
05-12-2007, 05:34 PM
was "A Silly Movie"

Yeah, but I think he's a little more put off that his company didn't do the special effects for this film.

Me, I thought it was a pretty good flick. I honestly enjoyed it (but I don't take the series too seriously).

Ally_Kat
05-12-2007, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
What's funny is Doc Connors has been in all three movies...they should have set him to be the villian in the fourth...

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/442px-Lizard_bio.jpg

I don't remember seeing him in the first movie. Peter was in college in the second movie. He graduated high school in the first.

He might be the villian in the fourth because of how they brought him in in this one.

WARF
05-12-2007, 06:05 PM
This movie could easily be compared to the sequel disease of, "Superman 3". Didn't he also have an alter-ego in that film? It sounds like from the reviews the film has too many villians and not enough character development... and more strainds of plot than Donald Trumps combover!!!

DrMaddVibe
05-12-2007, 06:46 PM
was "A Silly Movie"

That fucker gave us Jar Jar Binks...I don't want to hear him calling ANYHTING silly.;)

Terry
05-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by WARF

Probably would have made it a point to go see the flick no matter what had that been the choice of villian.

NATEDOG001976
05-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Good movie, good twists! A lot to go on if they make another one.

Full Bug
05-13-2007, 09:13 AM
If anyone wants to watch the movie online, go here.....
I think you have to become a member though, but its worth it, this site has tons of new movies....
http://freetv.informe.com/viewtopic.php?t=3572&start=120

jhale667
05-14-2007, 03:50 AM
I must say, I DID think the black suit was cool...until it went mental...lol

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/PK-19.jpg

Vinnie Velvet
05-14-2007, 01:04 PM
I thought it was a good movie.

The action pieces were better than in 2, I thought.

THe thing that surprised me the most was how they all wrapped up everything in the end -- since there's a lot going on throughout the film.

Judging from the recent box office receipts and records, no doubt, there will be 4 and even 5 and 6 (according to Sony).

I think Sam, Tobey and Kirsten will be back for 4 -- beyond that, I don't think so.

And the Lizard is the most logical and great choice for the next villain.

DavidLeeNatra
05-15-2007, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Little Texan
I just got back from watching Spiderman 3, and I don't really know what to think of it. It wasn't a bad movie, but it wasn't a particularly good movie, either. It has too many slow periods, and the plot is all over the place...too many plotlines, too much stuff going on in this movie...they tried to cover too many characters, and it didn't work, for me at least. The end of the movie is a real down note...you won't leave feeling upbeat about the ending, and they didn't set it up for the next movie that I could see. The movie was ok, nothing to call home about, but Spiderman 2 was much better than this one! Had plenty of dazzling special effects, though.

you absolutely nailed it!!!

Redballjets88
05-15-2007, 12:19 PM
i hated it, too much was going on it had 2 movies worth of stuff jammed into 1 movie, not to mention the entire romantic comedy sequence between james franco and kirsten dunst. Venom shouldnt have been in the movie, he is too good of a villian to only be around for 30 minutes, and the fact that the black suit is destroyed ruins a hope for a good villian if they do another movie. and as always spider man just got his ass kicked 90% of the time. it was also annoying that everytime spider man and venom come face to face you only get about 2 seconds of seeing venom before Eric Foremans face is shown.

dont go see this movie

Redballjets88
05-15-2007, 12:19 PM
i hated it, too much was going on it had 2 movies worth of stuff jammed into 1 movie, not to mention the entire romantic comedy sequence between james franco and kirsten dunst. Venom shouldnt have been in the movie, he is too good of a villian to only be around for 30 minutes, and the fact that the black suit is destroyed ruins a hope for a good villian if they do another movie. and as always spider man just got his ass kicked 90% of the time. it was also annoying that everytime spider man and venom come face to face you only get about 2 seconds of seeing venom before Eric Foremans face is shown.

dont go see this movie