PDA

View Full Version : Sobelewski opening for Ched

Diamondjimi
05-12-2007, 12:23 PM
Ex-VAN HALEN Bassist Having A 'Blast' On Cinco De Mayo Weekend - May 12, 2007

Former VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony has issued the following update:

"Hey everybody!! It's been awhile since my last post, so I thought I would let you know what's been going on lately.

"Those of you who were on the Hagar cruise ship party the other month know that I put a little jam together with Vic Johnson and Dave Lauser (calling it the M.A. EXPRESS). Well, we had a blast with it and I decided to do it again, this time opening up for Sam at the Tahoe Wabo on Cinco de Mayo weekend.

"Well, Sammy decided to get sick and had to postpone the show until next month. I still wanted to go up there, so I had an idea to play anyway. I called Vic and J.D. (who has been playing percussion with Sam) and asked if they were into it. We lenghtened the set and played the cantina on May 5th (Cinco de Drink-O).

"OH MY GOD...WHAT A BLAST!! To everyone who was there... THANK-YOU!! I will be posting a writeup of the nite on my website this week with lots of pictures and our set list. We had so much fun, we will be doing it again next month when Sammy does the makeup show, except this time it will be outdoors at Harrahs in Lake Tahoe. I hope to see you all out there..."

Terry
05-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Mike Anthony as an opening act...

Wow.

What does his setlist consist of: hitting the open E-string while yelping as if his balls are in a nutcracker?

The 'Tahoe Wabo'?

Sweet jesus!!

Diamondjimi
05-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Ha , next thing he'll be joining a band with Ga y Cheroney and calling it "The Insignificant" ...

VindictivePantz
05-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Cinco de Drink-O.

WTF

bantonelli
05-12-2007, 01:13 PM
Well, as I see it, BassPlayer (aka M.A. Express or Cinco de Drink-O) doesn't have too many option in keeping his face out there in the public nor additional cash earning power.................that is, unless, M.A. Express wants to put himself in a position like DLR of having his own band that he can dismantle when he gets EVH's phone call regarding him being Wolfie's replace ment (finally) ????????????

knuckleboner
05-12-2007, 01:43 PM
anybody who thinks that mike wouldn't drop this in a heartbeat if dave called up and said, "ed, al and i have an opening, you in?" is absolutely crazy.

but, mike's not gotten that call yet. so he's just goofing off.

i'd rather have a guy who goes out and plays with sam then a guitar player who sits at home on his ass for the last decade, except for 1 summer tour in 2004.

chi-town324
05-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Mike Anthony as an opening act...

Wow.

What does his setlist consist of: hitting the open E-string while yelping as if his balls are in a nutcracker?

The 'Tahoe Wabo'?

Sweet jesus!! :D

chi-town324
05-12-2007, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by VindictivePantz
Cinco de Drink-O.

WTF i never knew he was bi-lingual ??

DrMaddVibe
05-12-2007, 07:49 PM
Even Spammy McGaygar stiffs bassplayer!

LMMFAO!!!

WARF
05-12-2007, 07:55 PM
You know you hit rock bottom when your the opening act for your OWN FUCKING BAND!!!!!!

Would Dave be the opening act for the DLR BAND???

Nickdfresh
05-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by bantonelli
Well, as I see it, BassPlayer (aka M.A. Express or Cinco de Drink-O) doesn't have too many option in keeping his face out there in the public nor additional cash earning power...

Neither does Dave.

Unless he gets back together in the original band.

Let's be realistic here.

WARF
05-12-2007, 08:01 PM
Fuck man...
Okay...
I'm back on the WOLF GANG!
Fuck the fat bass player!!!!

Terry
05-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Neither does Dave.

Unless he gets back together in the original band.

Let's be realistic here.

Realistically, I don't think Dave's career is cratered quite to the point where he's gonna be opening up for Hagar at the Tahoe Wabo.

At least I'd like to think not. Not yet, anyway.;)

Although Dave really doesn't have a helluva a lotta options left, either. Suppose the guy can keep making sudden, offbeat left-handed career turns, but runs the risk of losing more and more of his base with each new venture.

Shit, I dig the man's undertakings as much as anyone else around here, but I have to admit that the Diamond Dave CD and the Van Strumming business left me shaking my head in puzzlement.

Isaac R.
05-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Pathetic.

Bass player's either bored out of his mind or just plain desperate.

Cinco de gay-o:rolleyes:

cabo anejo
05-12-2007, 11:29 PM
at least he' playing wheres dave ..stepping on eggshells...not the shit smilling asshole waiting for his 1984 comeback again

Unchainme
05-12-2007, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by cabo anejo
BAAAAAAAAAAAA!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/loaPkmFfEHQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/loaPkmFfEHQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

PlexiBrown
05-13-2007, 12:05 AM
Mike Anthony made a great living riding coat tails.

Don Corleone
05-13-2007, 04:51 AM
Taken from Mikes set:

The set list included "Atomic Punk," "Runnin' With the Devil," "The Immigrant Song," "Waiting for the Bus/Jesus Just Left Chicago," "Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love," "All Right Now," "Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers," "Rock Candy," "Bad Motor Scooter," "Little Dreamer," "Goin' Down," "D.O.A.," and "I'm The One."

Look at the Van Halen songs on the set list. Notice anything (or more to the point era) that's not there.

DavidLeeNatra
05-13-2007, 05:30 AM
this site is not called the "Sobelewski-Army", is it?

elvis...?

Plexi Head
05-13-2007, 07:19 AM
Mike is the only Van Halen musician - current or ex that seems to actually play his instrument regulary.

More to the point, he sounds kinda HAPPY doing what he is doing.
Ed - miserable cunt.
Alex - miserable cunt
Sammy - Fat
Gary - Gay
Mike - happy to just be playing his bass.

More power to ya Mike.

chi-town324
05-13-2007, 08:17 AM
I suppose now he also wrote every song ever played by Van Halen :mad:

Nickdfresh
05-13-2007, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Plexi Head
Mike is the only Van Halen musician - current or ex that seems to actually play his instrument regulary.

More to the point, he sounds kinda HAPPY doing what he is doing.
Ed - miserable cunt.
Alex - miserable cunt
Sammy - Fat
Gary - Gay
Mike - happy to just be playing his bass.

More power to ya Mike.

I agree totally. Mike is probably the most decent guy connected to that band, so of course, he gets fucked the most.

And you guys know full well that if Mike is back in the only possible incarnation of Van Halen left, then you'll be fucking drooling over cases of his hot sauce and pondering how great his backing vocals complement Dave's bluesy growl...

Calderone
05-13-2007, 10:59 AM
:D:D:D

Diamondjimi
05-13-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by cabo anus
at least he' playing wheres dave ..stepping on eggshells...not the shit smilling asshole waiting for his 1984 comeback again

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/jerkoff.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/Shutthefuckup-1.gif

CVH Rulz
05-13-2007, 05:20 PM
Now that Spam has sold controlling interest in his tequila biz for $80 million, I hope he retires and we never have to see or hear from him again.

Terry
05-13-2007, 05:38 PM
I agree totally. Mike is probably the most decent guy connected to that band, so of course, he gets fucked the most.

And you guys know full well that if Mike is back in the only possible incarnation of Van Halen left, then you'll be fucking drooling over cases of his hot sauce and pondering how great his backing vocals complement Dave's bluesy growl...

Mike opening for Hagar is a far cry from Mike rejoining CVH.

If it wasn't, suspect we'd all be standing in line for tickets to the Tahoe Wabo, wouldn't we?;)

Nickdfresh
05-13-2007, 08:04 PM
Mike opening for Hagar is a far cry from Mike rejoining CVH.

If it wasn't, suspect we'd all be standing in line for tickets to the Tahoe Wabo, wouldn't we?;)

I don't disagree at all...

Mike's playing with Sam is the whole typical white bread, yuppie fucking pseudo-Mexican (occidental), Disneyland for aging baby-boomers with no taste, horseshit that is beyond crap. And it makes me want to puke all over my shoes...

But still, Mike's not the the bad guy here. He's not the one either languishing in rehab, or pretending to have gone to rehab in order to pussy out of a tour, and wanting to hire his teenage son into the family cottage industry. I think the anger here is wildly misdirected...

WACF
05-13-2007, 08:53 PM
Mike is cool.

The best thing that could happen is he end up in a decent band playing decent tunes...It is all the guy wants I bet.

Matt White
05-13-2007, 10:25 PM
Bass player....doing what bass players do....

Not very interesting...regardless

Hardrock69
05-14-2007, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
Ha , next thing he'll be joining a band with Ga y Cheroney and calling it "The Insignificant" ...

LMFAO!!!

And yes I agree about one thing: He is the ONLY original CVH member who can be considered and active musician.

spEd and his brother, Chimp Wifeybeat are has-beens.

Dave does not view his musical career as something serious anymore, obviously.

bantonelli
05-14-2007, 10:57 AM
iF not for SPAMELLA to aid and rescue Bassplayer from the Van Sisters......where would he be? and WHO would he be performing with all these years? Gary Cherone?

Terry
05-14-2007, 10:08 PM
I don't disagree at all...

Mike's playing with Sam is the whole typical white bread, yuppie fucking pseudo-Mexican (occidental), Disneyland for aging baby-boomers with no taste, horseshit that is beyond crap. And it makes me want to puke all over my shoes...

But still, Mike's not the the bad guy here. He's not the one either languishing in rehab, or pretending to have gone to rehab in order to pussy out of a tour, and wanting to hire his teenage son into the family cottage industry. I think the anger here is wildly misdirected...

Shit, if the various band members have continued to wildly misdirect their anger after all these years, why can't I?:D

But I have to agree that if one is to go down the tired, overdone route of assessing blame for the current state of Van Halen, Mike Anthony is probably less responsible than the others...

Suppose in a way it's still a good thing that there's anger around here to misdirect. At least anger takes some energy to produce and shows one still gives a shit. My own anger is turning into a general apathy about Van Halen and the future of the band, regardless of Roth and Anthony being there or not.

ace diamond
05-15-2007, 09:51 AM
Realistically, I don't think Dave's career is cratered quite to the point where he's gonna be opening up for Hagar at the Tahoe Wabo.

At least I'd like to think not. Not yet, anyway.;)

Although Dave really doesn't have a helluva a lotta options left, either. Suppose the guy can keep making sudden, offbeat left-handed career turns, but runs the risk of losing more and more of his base with each new venture.

Shit, I dig the man's undertakings as much as anyone else around here, but I have to admit that the Diamond Dave CD and the Van Strumming business left me shaking my head in puzzlement.

no fucking shit dude................i'm still scratching my head

ace diamond
05-15-2007, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Don Corleone
Taken from Mikes set:

The set list included "Atomic Punk," "Runnin' With the Devil," "The Immigrant Song," "Waiting for the Bus/Jesus Just Left Chicago," "Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love," "All Right Now," "Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers," "Rock Candy," "Bad Motor Scooter," "Little Dreamer," "Goin' Down," "D.O.A.," and "I'm The One."

Look at the Van Halen songs on the set list. Notice anything (or more to the point era) that's not there.

LMFAO!!!!!
:)

SEE,EVEN MIKE ANTHONY WOULD PREFER TO PLAY CVH SONGS THAN ANY*COUGH*OTHER ERA OF THE BANDS' CATALOG.