PDA

View Full Version : Ok then what about best 90's metal band.

secrets
05-02-2004, 08:33 PM
I wanted to mention Faith No More in the 80's thread but thought they fitted better into the 90's to be fair.

I think Jane's addiction deserve a mention too, their new album is also worth checking out.

ALinChainz
05-02-2004, 08:40 PM
Alice In Chains.

Staley was damn good IMO.

These guys rocked.

rustoffa
05-02-2004, 09:53 PM
Yep, Alice In Chains all the way.
L7's "Bricks are Heavy", "Hungry For Stink", and "The Beauty Process, Triple Platinum" are monster recordings as well.

Mr Badguy
05-03-2004, 04:51 AM
Totally 90`s?

Rage against the machine
Fight

Jano
05-03-2004, 08:10 AM
Alice in chains kick ass and i like Pearl jam too!

Hollywood Jesus
05-03-2004, 11:54 AM
Was listening to Alice In Chains last night. Awesome. For me, they were the missing link between metal and grunge. Saigon Kick fits that description too, but never really caught on. Love "Peppermint Tribe" and "Body bag" by them.

My wife is a big Pearl Jam fan so I've totally discounted them as a chick band. And I utterly hate Nirvana. Coming on in the '90s for me is Kid Rock and Nickelback.

Lou
05-03-2004, 01:23 PM
No doubt in my mind, best band of the '90s was Soundgarden.

Golden AWe
05-03-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Lou

1.Soundgarden (They did some good shit already in the 80's but Badmotorfinger and Superunknown were what did it to me...

2.Alice In Chains - Jerry Cantrell and Layne Staley, what a terrific duo...

3.RATM - Only 3 original albums but I love them all...

4.Faith No More - I think their "Album Of The Year" was and is very underrated...

5.STP - "Core" and "Purple" were great, rest of them not-so. When The Velvet Revolver was interviewed a while ago, Scott Weiland was praising "Appetite for destruction". Duff McKagan gave said he loved "Core" a lot - he used it for sorting cocaine...LMBSAO!!!

(Pearl Jam - I do enjoy their music a lot, I don't follow Vedder's interviews so much, all I care is his great voice...not much metal though)

pardo
05-03-2004, 01:57 PM
Well, I guess the word "/\/\etal" is bein used very loosely, so here's my picks (no order)

I Mother Earth
Headstones
Sound Garden
Rancid
Rage
STP
Pennywise
NOFX
Ugly Kid Joe (say what you like!)
Four Horsemen
Less Than Jake
Tesla
Big Drill Car

Man, music these days is really in trouble!

Jesus Christ
05-03-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Lou

Verily, My son.

And their singer even looked like Me for a while.....http://www.mattsmusicpage.com/soundgarden/25.gif

romeodelight
05-03-2004, 07:11 PM
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE! wow... i remember 'sleep now in the fire' i got kicked out of a school dance for starting a mosh pit during that song lol... I MOTHER EARTH i saw them this past summer in my hometown actually at a local festival, since it was so small i was able to get right front row, they were so loud, it was unbelievable, tonnes of energy

PHOENIX
05-03-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by pardo
Well, I guess the word "/\/\etal" is bein used very loosely, so here's my picks (no order)

I Mother Earth
Headstones
Sound Garden
Rancid
Rage
STP
Pennywise
NOFX
Four Horsemen
Less Than Jake
Tesla
Big Drill Car

Hey I Mother Earth!

I was really into that. How's about the early Tea Party albums.

rustoffa
05-03-2004, 10:48 PM

I Mother Earth
Headstones
Sound Garden
Rancid
Rage
STP
Pennywise
NOFX
Four Horsemen
Less Than Jake
Tesla
Big Drill Car

Pennywise and NOFX ......now there's some mid-90's smackdown.

pardo
05-04-2004, 08:27 AM
Man, that first I Mother Earth disk is amazing! It sounds so freakin good and the tunes are excellent! Some real trippy stuff, but they could also rock their faces off when they wanted to. Cool that they're still doin it, I've sorta lost touch now that Edwin has left.

Never really liked the Tea Party too much. The singing reeeally bugs me. "Got a letter from a messenger. I read it when it came". Not really my thing.

Rustoffa, your comment made my day man! I've been championing those guys on this board forever!

rustoffa
05-04-2004, 09:50 PM
Man, that first I Mother Earth disk is amazing! It sounds so freakin good and the tunes are excellent! Some real trippy stuff, but they could also rock their faces off when they wanted to. Cool that they're still doin it, I've sorta lost touch now that Edwin has left.

Never really liked the Tea Party too much. The singing reeeally bugs me. "Got a letter from a messenger. I read it when it came". Not really my thing.

Rustoffa, your comment made my day man! I've been championing those guys on this board forever!
Yeah bro, the term "kick ass" comes to mind to say the least.

TwoFoolsAMinute
05-22-2004, 06:32 PM
Ugly Kid Joe
The Offspring
STP

ZOSO
05-30-2004, 01:29 AM
SOUNDGARDEN-Innovative, effective, ROCK. Totally fucking off the wall. Cornell's one helluva vocalist too.