PDA

View Full Version : Former President Carter Blasts Bush

frets5150
05-19-2007, 09:57 PM
Former President Carter Blasts Bush

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (May 19) - Former President Carter says President Bush 's administration is "the worst in history" in international relations, taking aim at the White House's policy of pre-emptive war and its Middle East diplomacy.
The criticism from Carter, which a biographer says is unprecedented for the 39th president, also took aim at Bush's environmental policies and the administration's "quite disturbing" faith-based initiative funding.

"I think as far as the adverse impact on the nation around the world, this administration has been the worst in history," Carter told the Arkansas Democrat -Gazette in a story that appeared in the newspaper's Saturday editions. "The overt reversal of America's basic values as expressed by previous administrations, including those of George H.W. Bush and Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon and others, has been the most disturbing to me."

Carter spokeswoman Deanna Congileo confirmed his comments to The Associated Press on Saturday and declined to elaborate. He spoke while promoting his new audiobook series, "Sunday Mornings in Plains," a collection of weekly Bible lessons from his hometown of Plains, Ga.

"Apparently, Sunday mornings in Plains for former President Carter includes hurling reckless accusations at your fellow man," said Amber Wilkerson, Republican National Committee spokeswoman. She said it was hard to take Carter seriously because he also "challenged Ronald Reagan's strategy for the Cold War."

Carter came down hard on the Iraq war.

"We now have endorsed the concept of pre-emptive war where we go to war with another nation militarily, even though our own security is not directly threatened, if we want to change the regime there or if we fear that some time in the future our security might be endangered," he said. "But that's been a radical departure from all previous administration policies."
Carter, who won a Nobel Peace Prize in 2002, criticized Bush for having "zero peace talks" in Israel. Carter also said the administration "abandoned or directly refuted" every negotiated nuclear arms agreement, as well as environmental efforts by other presidents.

Carter also offered a harsh assessment for the White House's Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives, which helped religious charities receive $2.15 billion in federal grants in fiscal year 2005 alone."The policy from the White House has been to allocate funds to religious institutions, even those that channel those funds exclusively to their own particular group of believers in a particular religion," Carter said. "As a traditional Baptist, I've always believed in separation of church and state and honored that premise when I was president, and so have all other presidents, I might say, except this one."

Douglas Brinkley, a Tulane University presidential historian and Carter biographer, described Carter's comments as unprecedented.

"This is the most forceful denunciation President Carter has ever made about an American president," Brinkley said. "When you call somebody the worst president, that's volatile. Those are fighting words."

Carter also lashed out Saturday at British prime minister Tony Blair . Asked how he would judge Blair's support of Bush, the former president said: "Abominable. Loyal. Blind. Apparently subservient."

"And I think the almost undeviating support by Great Britain for the ill-advised policies of President Bush in Iraq have been a major tragedy for the world," Carter told British Broadcasting Corp. radio.

Thanks Jimmy
:D
http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/former-president-carter-blasts-bush/20070519164509990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Little Texan
05-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Jimmah is absolutely, 100%, spot-on correct in everything he said in that article. Couldn't agree more.

PlexiBrown
05-19-2007, 11:00 PM
A bad President bashing a bad President. Two of the worst, at least in my lifetime.

Little Texan
05-20-2007, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by PlexiBrown
A bad President bashing a bad President. Two of the worst, at least in my lifetime.

I'll take Jimmah over W any day of the week! Yeah, Carter was a bad President, but he didn't suck anywhere near as bad as this "president" does! At least Carter didn't start wars with everybody and the nation was at peace while he was Prez. He was the architect of the Camp David Accords, a positive diplomatic achievement, and one more than W has (none) in nearly 7 years in office!

DEMON CUNT
05-20-2007, 01:00 AM
Carter was fucked by W's daddy. It was an Surprise in October.

Ellyllions
05-21-2007, 08:13 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18759682/

Carter says comments were ‘careless’
39th president had blasted Bush administration as ‘worst in history’

Updated: 15 minutes ago
Former President Jimmy Carter on Monday said his comments over the weekend about the Bush administration were "careless."

Carter was quoted Saturday as saying “I think as far as the adverse impact on the nation around the world, this administration has been the worst in history.”

The Georgia Democrat said Bush had overseen an “overt reversal of America’s basic values” as expressed by previous administrations, including that of his own farther, former President George H.W. Bush.

Interviewed on the TODAY Show about the comments, Carter said, "I they they were careless." He told NBC's Meredith Viera that he was answering a question about the foreign policy of former President Richard Nixon, as compared with that of the current administration. He said he wasn't comparing the Bush administration with all those through American history.

On Sunday, in a biting rebuke, the White House dismissed Carter as “increasingly irrelevant."

“I think it’s sad that President Carter’s reckless personal criticism is out there,” White House spokesman Tony Fratto responded Sunday from Crawford, where Bush spent the weekend.
“I think it’s unfortunate,” Fratto said. “And I think he is proving to be increasingly irrelevant with these kinds of comments.”

Carter made the comments to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette in a story that appeared in the newspaper’s Saturday editions.

Past critic
Carter has been an outspoken critic of Bush, but the White House has largely refrained from attacking him in return. Sunday’s sharp response marks a departure from the deference that sitting presidents traditionally have shown their predecessors.

In the newspaper interview, Carter said Bush had taken a ”radical departure from all previous administration policies” with the Iraq war.

“We now have endorsed the concept of pre-emptive war where we go to war with another nation militarily, even though our own security is not directly threatened, if we want to change the regime there or if we fear that some time in the future our security might be endangered,” Carter said.

In a separate BBC interview, Carter also denounced the close relationship between Bush and outgoing British Prime Minister Tony Blair.

“Abominable. Loyal, blind, apparently subservient,” Carter said when asked how he would characterize Blair’s relationship with Bush.

“I think that the almost undeviating support by Great Britain for the ill-advised policies of President Bush in Iraq have been a major tragedy for the world,” Carter said.

Carter, who was president from 1977 to 1981 and won the 2002 Nobel Peace Prize for his charitable work, was an outspoken opponent of the invasion of Iraq before it was launched in 2003.

FORD
05-21-2007, 12:00 PM
Wonder what kind of threats the BCE made against his family to get that "retraction"

Ellyllions
05-21-2007, 12:02 PM
Ford, you owe me a new monitor.

I just spat Pepsi all over this one, due to your reply.

FORD
05-21-2007, 12:11 PM
That high fructose corn syrup will kill your monitor everytime. Switch to Jones soda (if you can find it in that corner of the country)

www.jonessoda.com

DrMaddVibe
05-21-2007, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Wonder what kind of threats the BCE made against his family to get that "retraction"

I don't know, maybe the fact that he WAS a worse President!

Like typical Democratic Presidents, he shrank the military by shooting down the B1 bomber, and vetoed the nuclear aircraft carriers.

Allowed the Shah of Iran to enter the US is what started the embassy hostage crisis. His answer to the Soviets grabbing Afghanistan was to pull out of the Olympic games, that'll show those guys!

High interest rates coupled with high unemployment and a bleak future with the USSR devouring the title of World Super Cop.

He seems like a nice guy, but for him to open his mouth and shoot off like that in an unprecedented mood is classless and tasteless.

Bush, like him or not acted on what he viewed as a threat. Since entering Afghanistan and Iraq we haven't had another major terrorist attack and I believe that to be a good thing. Hindsight is a real motherfucker and I believe the history books are going to be more favorable to Bush than they will be for Carter.

DrMaddVibe
05-21-2007, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by FORD
That high fructose corn syrup will kill your monitor everytime. Switch to Jones soda (if you can find it in that corner of the country)

www.jonessoda.com

You can keep that shit!

http://www.jonessoda.com/gifs6/hldy_pack_box_2006.jpg:monekyr:

Nickdfresh
05-21-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by PlexiBrown

Yeah um, which one started a War that has killed 3500 Americans and 650,000 Iraqis?

ELVIS
05-21-2007, 09:18 PM
So that's roughly 185 dead insurgents to one US soldier ??

Awesome!

Maybe something good is happening over there after all...

:elvis:

Nickdfresh
05-21-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS

Awesome!

Look at the pseudo-"christian" celebrate the deaths of women and children.

"Praise Jesus for getting me off the drugs!"

DEMON CUNT
05-21-2007, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
I believe the history books are going to be more favorable to Bush than they will be for Carter.

That's hilariously ignorant!

http://as.wn.com/i/56/ced0bdb27b7b25.jpg

He seems like a nice guy, but for him to open his mouth and shoot off like that in an unprecedented mood is classless and tasteless.

More pearls of stupidity from the American Idle!

How dare Carter exercise the freedom to speak his mind and have an opinion.

Nickdfresh
05-21-2007, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Look at the pseudo-"christian" celebrate the deaths of women and children.

"Praise Jesus for getting me off the drugs!"

BTW Elvis, you fucking douchebag, make sure you tell that to the parents of the kids killed in Iraq at church.

"Praise Jesus Mrs. Inbreed, your son died to kill 185 Iraqi men, women, and children! Oh glory to Jesus!"

And when I call you a "fucking douchebag," it's because I love you...

ELVIS
05-21-2007, 09:30 PM
Hahaha...

You're such a dumbass...

FORD
05-21-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
I don't know, maybe the fact that he WAS a worse President!

Like typical Democratic Presidents, he shrank the military by shooting down the B1 bomber, and vetoed the nuclear aircraft carriers.

Let's see.... who do you trust more when it comes to nuclear powered ships? Nuclear physicist (and Navy veteran) James Earl Carter. Or third rate actor Ronald Reagan. Damn, that's a no brainer. Just like Ronnie. And Chimpy.

Allowed the Shah of Iran to enter the US is what started the embassy hostage crisis.

Maybe the bigger mistake was overthrowing Iran's DEMOCRACY and installing the Shah as a BCE puppet in the first place?

His answer to the Soviets grabbing Afghanistan was to pull out of the Olympic games, that'll show those guys!

Bush Sr's answer was putting Osama Bin Laden in charge of the Afghan resistance. Look how well that worked out.

High interest rates coupled with high unemployment and a bleak future with the USSR devouring the title of World Super Cop.

$4/gallon gas coupled with insane prices on fucking EVERYTHING as a result, endless mega-corporate consolidation resulting in high unemployment and record illegal immigration, and a bleak future with the BCE living up to the title of "Great Satan".

Truth hurts, AssVibe?

Bush, like him or not acted on what he viewed as a threat.

No, Bush acted on the "threat" that was artificially created in the PNAC manifesto. And any reasonably sane person now admits that threat was false.

Since entering Afghanistan and Iraq we haven't had another major terrorist attack and I believe that to be a good thing. Hindsight is a real motherfucker and I believe the history books are going to be more favorable to Bush than they will be for Carter.

We didn't have ONE terrorist attack on this country during the Carter administration. Guess he did a better job than Chimpy.

DEMON CUNT
Hahaha...

You're such a dumbass...

Is it really OK to find such joy in death?

Nickdfresh
I love you Elvis (like the boil on my ass I had lanced, I loved it too)...

ELVIS
05-21-2007, 09:36 PM
It's so easy to push your buttons...

LMAO!

Nickdfresh
05-21-2007, 09:37 PM

LMAO!

You sound gay.

ELVIS
05-21-2007, 09:44 PM
You would know, apparantly...

But no, I'm straight...

Nickdfresh
05-21-2007, 09:46 PM
You would know, apparantly...

But no, I'm straight...

It's "apparently" actually.

And you're out "pushing buttons." I pretty sure they aren't the magic pink ones...

LoungeMachine
05-21-2007, 10:16 PM

Awesome!

:confused:

WTF?????????????????

What a piece of shit you truly are.

I'm ashamed to even be associated with you. :mad:

No matter how you decide to back-peddle and spin this, it's no use......

You're a disgusting piece of shit for even typing it.

In effect, our US Service Men and Women are just so much cannon-fodder for your hatred, and so long as the kill ratio meets your standards, you'll be giddy.

Jesus would be so proud of you. :rolleyes:

What a pathetic cunt you are.

LoungeMachine
05-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Hahaha...

You're such a dumbass...

And you're a disgusting sub-human piece of shit, and if I could meet you right now face to face, I'd beat the living SHIT out of you, you internet pussy.

You disgust me.

LoungeMachine
05-21-2007, 10:21 PM

LMAO!

I wonder if you'd have the fucking BALLS to tell the family of a fallen US Soldier/Marine the same thing you posted here, you fucking disgusting little piece of shit.

And it's all just so funny, isn't it? :rolleyes:

ELVIS
05-22-2007, 12:05 AM
Teeheehee...

Hahahaha...

LMAO!!!

http://www.desinotes.com/img/laughter.gif

You're a riot...:rolleyes:

Jesus Christ
05-22-2007, 12:09 AM

Awesome!

Gregory, since when is it acceptable to kill any of My children? :mad:

ELVIS
05-22-2007, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
And you're a disgusting sub-human piece of shit, and if I could meet you right now face to face, I'd beat the living SHIT out of you, you internet pussy.

Shut the hell up you pretend piece of crap!

I'm not gonna sit here behind a computer screen and pretend to be something pretend or care about anyone or ANYTHING!

Get a life, dude...

This is a fucking message board...:rolleyes:

ELVIS
05-22-2007, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ

Let the Bible bashers answer that one for you...

Jesus Christ
05-22-2007, 02:51 AM
Jimmy Carter kept My commandments while he was in the White House and also since then. Why do so many mock him who claim to be My disciples?

Nickdfresh
05-22-2007, 07:06 PM
Let the Bible bashers answer that one for you...

I'm not sure. But I think the Bible routinely contradicts itself upon such matters actually...

BigBadBrian
05-22-2007, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ

If Christ Predicted War, May Christians Pray for Peace?

By John Piper October 2, 2002

I ask this question because some Bible-believing Christians feel that prayer for peace in these "last days" would be contrary to God's will, since Jesus said, "When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed. This must take place, but the end is not yet" (Mark 13:7). If war "must take place," how can you pray for peace without opposing God?

Our prayers should be guided by what is morally right for men to do, not by what God, in his sovereign providence, may will to take place. Rarely, if ever, should we pray for moral evil to take place, but God may will that moral evil prevail for a season. For example: 1) God willed that Christ be crucified. Many of the necessary acts involved in crucifying Christ were morally evil. Therefore, God willed that this moral evil prevail for a season (Acts 2:23; 4:27-28). 2) God willed that Joseph's brothers sell him into slavery in Egypt, even though this was evil for them to do (Genesis 50:20). 3) And God ordains the sinful ravages of the end times (Revelation 17:17).

In other words, God ordains and predicts that moral evil prevail for certain seasons, but this does not mean we should pray for moral evil to happen. We should pray according to the way God has commanded us to live - in righteousness and love. We should pray that God's will be done on earth the way it's done in heaven by the perfectly holy angels (Matthew 6:10), not the way it's done on earth through the agency of sinful men.

In fact, Paul teaches us to pray for peace among nations for the sake of the gospel. The crucial text relating to prayer and peace is 1 Timothy 2:1-4. "First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth."

Notice the link between praying for 1) national leaders, 2) the preservation of peace and order, and 3) the "desire for all to be saved." There is a connection between 1) national leadership, 2) peace, and 3) evangelism and missions. It is true that the church may grow in times of hostilities and war. But it is also true that wars have devastated the church in many areas. It is not our business to decide the sovereign purpose of God in ordaining that some wars happen. Our business is to pray that justice, peace, and the proclamation of the gospel prevail. Our business is to pray that the Christian church not be complicit in national affairs as if nation and church were one. Ours is to pray that the church be seen as aliens in the cause of Christ-exalting love and justice with no supreme allegiances to any nation.

This leaves open the possibility that Christians might support a just war. God has given to the governing authorities the right to bear the sword (Romans 13:1-6). There are occasions when justice and love painfully call for military force for the sake of opposing aggression or liberating the oppressed. In such cases our prayers would be for the minimizing of misery and the speedy triumph of justice and the restraint of animosities and cruelties.

So let us pray for the love and wisdom and courage and power and fruitfulness of the church of Jesus Christ around the world. Let us plead that she would be distinct from all the nations and all the national and ethnic manifestations of pride. Let us plead that she would be a peace-making presence of salt and light everywhere. And that she would be unafraid to call every nation into question for the sake of justice and humility. And that Jesus Christ would be magnified as no national deity, but as Lord of lords and King of kings. And let us pray that all lords and all kings see this and humble themselves and make way for the Lord of glory.

Link (http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/TasteAndSee/ByDate/2002/1214_If_Christ_Predicted_War_May_Christians_Pray_f or_Peace/)

DEMON CUNT
05-23-2007, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
If Christ Predicted War, May Christians Pray for Peace?

By John Piper October 2, 2002

http://nynerd.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/bush_dog_poop_flags.jpg

Link (http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/TasteAndSee/ByDate/2002/1214_If_Christ_Predicted_War_May_Christians_Pray_f or_Peace/)

What an ass. A very unorganized ass.