PDA

View Full Version : Gay Flamingos adopt baby.

FORD
05-22-2007, 06:42 PM
Gay flamingos pick up chick

Mon May 21, 12:03 PM ET

A pair of gay flamingos have adopted an abandoned chick, becoming parents after being together for six years, a British conservation organisation said Monday.

Carlos and Fernando had been desperate to start a family, even chasing other flamingos from their nests to take over their eggs at the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust (WWT) in Slimbridge near Bristol.

But their egg-sitting prowess made them the top choice for taking an unhatched egg under their wings when one of the Greater Flamingo nests was abandoned.

The couple, together for six years, can feed chicks by producing milk in their throats.

"Fernando and Carlos are a same sex couple who have been known to steal other flamingos' eggs by chasing them off their nest because they wanted to rear them themselves," said WWT spokeswoman Jane Waghorn.

"They were rather good at sitting on eggs and hatching them so last week, when a nest was abandoned, it seemed like a good idea to make them surrogate parents."

Gay flamingos are not uncommon, she added.

"If there aren't enough females or they don't hit it off with them, they will pair off with other males," she said.

Link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070521/od_afp/britainanimalsgay;_ylt=ApfKM62x60JbqQUI01YA7P7MWM0 F)

ELVIS
05-22-2007, 07:48 PM
What the hell are you talking about...

I think that 10% Washington beer has gone to your head in a bad way...

:D

Steve Savicki
05-22-2007, 09:00 PM
It will be interesting to see how this animal behavior in parenting plays out. :)

BigBadBrian
05-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Justifying human behavior with animal behavior.

What will you fuckers think of next?

Eat your young if you ever manage to find someone to procreate with, FORD.

:)

matt19
05-23-2007, 02:42 PM
Do flamingos consiously choose to be gay? And didn't god create all creatures? So if its ok for flamingos, but not humans... isnt god playing favorites brian?

BigBadBrian
05-23-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by matt19
Do flamingos consiously choose to be gay? And didn't god create all creatures? So if its ok for flamingos, but not humans... isnt god playing favorites brian?

No. Read your Bible.

matt19
05-23-2007, 03:24 PM
Don't stereotype me, not everyone in the world follows a book written by people who are seeing things. Just admit that your "logic" doesn't work here.

FORD
05-23-2007, 07:24 PM
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Vice President Dick Cheney's family keeps growing.

His daughter Mary gave birth to a baby boy Wednesday at a hospital in the nation's capital, the White House announced.

Samuel David Cheney was born to Mary and her partner Heather Poe, at 9:46 a.m. ET. He weighed in at 8 lbs., 6 ounces.

Mary, who is openly gay, has been very involved in recent years in her father's political career.

This is the sixth grandchild for the Vice President and his wife Lynne.

BigBadBrian
05-24-2007, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by matt19
Don't stereotype me,

I already have.

You're a moron.

How's that?

FORD
05-24-2007, 05:04 PM
To the contrary, Matt's come a long way in the year or so he's been posting here. And the last few days, he's completely OWNED your ass.

matt19
05-25-2007, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
I already have.

You're a moron.

How's that?

This coming from a bible thumping hypocrite? You don't bug me brian, keep posting all your self rightous horseshit and proving yourself to be the moron.