PDA

View Full Version : Is Obama this election cycle's Howard Dean?

BigBadBrian
05-22-2007, 09:27 PM
Will Hillary's people destroy him?

Meaningful discussion only.

Nick, DC, OD...that leaves you all out. Sorry.

:)

DEMON CUNT
05-23-2007, 12:25 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r3pqL1taDlw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r3pqL1taDlw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Guitar Shark
05-23-2007, 12:30 AM
BBB is to the Army as Eddymon is to the Links.

Everybody thinks he's a complete idiot, yet he keeps coming back for more.

Cult of Roth
05-23-2007, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Will Hillary's people destroy him?

Meaningful discussion only.

Nick, DC, OD...that leaves you all out. Sorry.

:)

In the sense that if he screws up a single time he is fucked?

Yes, I think that is most likely true, but I would like to see him go the distance, just to see how the American people will really react (and vote) for a black man.

I know he isn't the first black man to run for president, but he is the first one I think has a realistic chance.

Big Train
05-23-2007, 02:40 AM
I think they cancel each other out really. Hollywood clearly is divided on them. White guilt voters can't figure out who is more deserving: a woman or a black man. It would have more so much more sense if they ran together.

The rest of the Dem field is very weak, so barring a Gore entry, it's looking somewhat bleak for them. However, other than Thompson, the Repub field is weak too. Who are the prominent independents we should be watching (haven't invested much time into it 2 f'n years out!!).

Gore I doubt will run, he has too much of a good thing going now, with no risk. He is seen in certain political circles as the unelected President. That's a lucrative racket.
Running and losing (again) would dry that racket up.

ELVIS
05-23-2007, 03:10 AM
I hope algore runs...

It will spread out the liberal vote even more and Giuliani will step right in without breaking a sweat...

We need a real conservative in office this time...

George Bush let us down...

:elvis:

Nickdfresh
05-23-2007, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by Big Train
I think they cancel each other out really. Hollywood clearly is divided on them. ...

Gee, what does "Hollywood" think of Fred Thompson, or your Republican guvvena'?

Nickdfresh
05-23-2007, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
I hope algore runs...

It will spread out the liberal vote even more and Giuliani will step right in without breaking a sweat...

LOL Elvis is throwing his lot in with a philanderer whose children think he's a douche (and refuse to talk to him), and has handsomely profited off 9/11 merely by being mayor of the attacked city.

Oh, BTW Elvis, your gaydar must be working in overdrive since he lived with two gay men after his wife threw him out of the Mayor's house for fucking any chick he could get his hands on...

"Real conservative" indeed...

ELVIS
05-23-2007, 06:09 AM
Well, what choice do we have...

knuckleboner
05-23-2007, 10:46 AM
and nick, you forgot that rudy is anything but a conservative...

but i think obama will fare better than dean. dean wasn't torpedoed by the yell. i think he suffered from the snakes on a plane syndrome. he generated a strong amount of internet/blogging interest, which the media interperted to be broad, overall support. but once the real world actually came into play, it became clear that the appeal was actually more limited to mostly the core group of supporters.

obama may not win the democratic nomination, but his consistent, but not incendiary anti-war stance, plus his ability to do broad, significant fundraising, should keep him competitive in the race. and if not the democratic nominee, then a definite likely choice for VP. (though, i'm still holding out hope for virginia's mark warner getting that nod...;))

matt19
05-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
and nick, you forgot that rudy is anything but a conservative...

but i think obama will fare better than dean. dean wasn't torpedoed by the yell. i think he suffered from the snakes on a plane syndrome. he generated a strong amount of internet/blogging interest, which the media interperted to be broad, overall support. but once the real world actually came into play, it became clear that the appeal was actually more limited to mostly the core group of supporters.

obama may not win the democratic nomination, but his consistent, but not incendiary anti-war stance, plus his ability to do broad, significant fundraising, should keep him competitive in the race. and if not the democratic nominee, then a definite likely choice for VP. (though, i'm still holding out hope for virginia's mark warner getting that nod...;))

exactly pro choice... pro gay rights...

hideyoursheep
05-23-2007, 03:30 PM
I hope algore runs...

Which term?:rolleyes:

hideyoursheep
05-23-2007, 03:31 PM

For running the free world, or for sunday's sermon?:confused:

Baby's On Fire
05-23-2007, 08:10 PM
I hope algore runs...

There is ZERO chance any republican is gonna be the next president.

Absolutely ZERO.

Baby's On Fire
05-23-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
LOL Elvis is throwing his lot in with a philanderer whose children think he's a douche (and refuse to talk to him), and has handsomely profited off 9/11 merely by being mayor of the attacked city.

Oh, BTW Elvis, your gaydar must be working in overdrive since he lived with two gay men after his wife threw him out of the Mayor's house for fucking any chick he could get his hands on...

"Real conservative" indeed...

And yet Clinton got impeached for getting hsi dick sucked LIKE EVERY FUCKING ONE OF US WOULD HAVE DONE.

Guiliani is a fucking douche bag.

FORD
05-23-2007, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
There is ZERO chance any republican is gonna be the next president.

Absolutely ZERO.

Outside of massive electro-fraud hijacking, anyway :(

Big Train
05-23-2007, 10:25 PM
Gee, what does "Hollywood" think of Fred Thompson, or your Republican guvvena'?

Nick, why do you have a hard-on for every post I make? Every single one has you making a pithy comeback on it.

Hollywood clearly is divided on Obama/Clinton, many AP articles would tell you that. My collegues who attend these fundraisers all say the same thing. The ones I have been to, the talk is all about how to unify hollywood behind x or y. Why does a fact like that bother you so much?

Conservatives in Hollywood (as quiet as they are) are actually very interested in Thompson, as well as Guiliani.

BigBadBrian
05-24-2007, 06:38 AM
I liked Obama's stance on the immigration bill...he doesn't like it.

I think immigration is going to be my "pet" issue this election cycle.

Whomever stands up for American workers and rails against foreign workers coming in and taking jobs (both blue and white collar) away from Americans is going to get my vote, whether they have a "D" or an "R" after their name.

Also...education. If we need "foreign workers" to come in and do jobs that there is a shortage in, why can't we come up with some programs to get American kids into those fields? I'm talking technical and medical fields for these so-called "shortages." Higher level education is out of reach, still, for much of American high-school students. That needs to change.

BigBadBrian
05-24-2007, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
BBB is to the Army as Eddymon is to the Links.

Everybody thinks he's a complete idiot, yet he keeps coming back for more.

:cry: :cry:

Oh yeah...I left you out on the list of those who shouldn't post because they can't bring meaningful discussion to the table.

Sorry...didn't want you to feel left out. Need a tissue?

DrMaddVibe
05-24-2007, 07:10 AM

Ron Paul!;)

knuckleboner
05-24-2007, 09:53 AM
I liked Obama's stance on the immigration bill...he doesn't like it.

I think immigration is going to be my "pet" issue this election cycle.

Whomever stands up for American workers and rails against foreign workers coming in and taking jobs (both blue and white collar) away from Americans is going to get my vote, whether they have a "D" or an "R" after their name.

Also...education. If we need "foreign workers" to come in and do jobs that there is a shortage in, why can't we come up with some programs to get American kids into those fields? I'm talking technical and medical fields for these so-called "shortages." Higher level education is out of reach, still, for much of American high-school students. That needs to change.

i agree on the education.

as for immigration...well, up here, we clearly have a number of illegal immigrants. but they're not really taking any American jobs. our regional unemployment is so low that if you want a job, you'll get a job. the illegal immigrants are taking the low-entry jobs; janitor, hospital orderly; dishwasher.

i'm in no way advocating breaking the law and completely ignoring illegal immigration.

on the other hand, regardless of the residency status of those low-entry workers, if we suddenly didn't have them (illegal immigrants) in those jobs, MORE legal residents would lose jobs because our regional economy would take a hit.

the solution isn't to ignore the law. or at least it shouldn't be. but i like the (let's call it anything but what it is, "amnesty") guest worker-path to citizenship plan. SO LONG AS we then begin to police the border and put some teeth behind the enforcement for those currently illegal immigrants who don't participate.

Guitar Shark
05-24-2007, 01:40 PM
:cry: :cry:

Oh yeah...I left you out on the list of those who shouldn't post because they can't bring meaningful discussion to the table.

Sorry...didn't want you to feel left out. Need a tissue?

LMAO. Are you truly deluded enough to believe that I care?

FORD
05-24-2007, 02:47 PM

Wow, that last part sounded downright LIBERAL of you. Did you change your meds recently? ;)

What you failed to mention though is outsourcing. Foreign workers don't have to come here to steal American jobs when the corporations willingly deliver the jobs to India, China, Vietnam, or where ever.

It's time to make corporations responsible. If they are going to profit from Americans, then they should employ Americans. They should also pay taxes in America, and I do mean PAY them, not jump through loopholes and pass them off to their customers while paying a ceo an 8 figure salary to sit on his ass.

Nickdfresh
05-24-2007, 05:30 PM

I dunno. But you could stop automatically rewarding phony-baloney Republicans with your Southern white male auto-vote.

Then maybe they just might do things that are actually in your interest....

Nickdfresh
05-24-2007, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
Nick, why do you have a hard-on for every post I make? Every single one has you making a pithy comeback on it.

I don't know. Why do you have a "hard-on" for Fred Thompson? Is he even running?

Is he your Moses?

You're the one that brought up the "Hollywood" angle, yet your favorite not-yet-a-candidate is an ex-actor...

Gee. What why would anyone ever point out the logical inconsistency on a political board?

Hollywood clearly is divided on Obama/Clinton, many AP articles would tell you that. My collegues who attend these fundraisers all say the same thing. The ones I have been to, the talk is all about how to unify hollywood behind x or y. Why does a fact like that bother you so much?

Conservatives in Hollywood (as quiet as they are) are actually very interested in Thompson, as well as Guiliani.

But who really gives a shit about Hollywood? as much time is devoted to it by the conservative op-eds and whatever...

It's almost like they're trying to deflect the sleazy oil industry bribes they've received, whose actions around the world are thousands of times worse than any actor's I can think of, or the ones from drug companies, HMOs, the gun lobby, the credit card industry, etc. It's just another meaningless contrived issue of complete and utter bullshit. And your talking about the imposed and sustained ignorance of industries that have affect our public policy for the worse --so we can all obsess over what fucking Alec Baldwin said in 1998. Who gives a fuck!

DEMON CUNT
05-24-2007, 09:10 PM
II think immigration is going to be my "pet" issue this election cycle.

Of course it's going to be your "pet" issue. You conservatives are assigned "pet" issues in every election.__They are designed to distract you form any of our actual problems.

You don't know anyone who lost their job to an illegal immigrant.

DEMON CUNT
05-24-2007, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Ron Paul!

I'm pretty keen on Paul too.

Even with his views on foreign policy? He feels that we were attacked on 911 because of our policies.

Seshmeister
05-24-2007, 10:15 PM

You could maybe kind of have an attempt at arguing that after the first term.

You voted him in again!

You let yourself down.

Big Train
05-25-2007, 12:51 AM
I don't know. Why do you have a "hard-on" for Fred Thompson? Is he even running?

Is he your Moses?

You're the one that brought up the "Hollywood" angle, yet your favorite not-yet-a-candidate is an ex-actor...

Gee. What why would anyone ever point out the logical inconsistency on a political board?

But who really gives a shit about Hollywood? as much time is devoted to it by the conservative op-eds and whatever...

It's almost like they're trying to deflect the sleazy oil industry bribes they've received, whose actions around the world are thousands of times worse than any actor's I can think of, or the ones from drug companies, HMOs, the gun lobby, the credit card industry, etc. It's just another meaningless contrived issue of complete and utter bullshit. And your talking about the imposed and sustained ignorance of industries that have affect our public policy for the worse --so we can all obsess over what fucking Alec Baldwin said in 1998. Who gives a fuck!

OK,

First off I bring up hollywood because an ENORMOUS amount of Dem funding comes from here. I live here and work in those circles, so I see it often. Clinton and Obama have split hollywood in two in terms of who to support/fund. I fail to see the inconsistency in it that I mentioned Thompson. I'm just making a point about the fundraising. Takes money to win. The conservative side of Hollywood is not fractured in that way. I could give a fuck about op-eds and the "conservative media", a point I did not bring up, you did. I don't know where I'm talking about "the sustained ignorance of industries". Spin that out with another illogical counter if you choose, but it should be pretty straight ahead.

Fred Thompson is my candidate of choice , should he choose to run? Is he my Moses? WTF?