PDA

View Full Version : CNN: Young officers leaving service at 'alarming' rate

DEMON CUNT
05-25-2007, 08:12 PM
CNN: Young officers leaving service at 'alarming' rate

David Edwards and Muriel Kane Reporting
Published: Friday May 25, 2007

CNN reported on Friday about the "alarming number" of mid-level army officers leaving the military as soon as they complete their initial commitment, many of them citing family reasons and multiple deployments. The army has been forced to offer new incentives for re-enrolling, including bonuses and extra training.

More...

Link to article & video. (http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Young_Officers_leaving_service_at_alarming_0525.ht ml)

http://thedefeatists.typepad.com/apoplectic/images/asshole_1.jpg

Nickdfresh
05-26-2007, 07:54 AM
Indeed they are, Pretty soon we'll have a bunch of dumb fundies and kool aid drinkers running the show. Pretty tough to master technology when you believe the world was "created" 6000 years ago...

DrMaddVibe
05-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Actually it's the chaff seperating from the wheat.

They don't want to be in the military, buh-by!

DEMON CUNT
05-26-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
They don't want to be in the military, buh-by!

It is most likely the dying in an Iraq civil war started by our foolish President thing that is driving them away.

DEMON CUNT
05-26-2007, 11:04 AM
Stay the course by any other name...

Troops say failure to learn lessons led to soldier kidnappings

David Edwards and Muriel Kane
Published: Friday May 25, 2007

CNN reported on Friday that the recent kidnapping of American soldiers in the so-called "Triangle of Death" in Iraq might have been avoided if the military had learned the lessons of a very similar incident in the same area a year ago, when a post was attacked and soldiers kidnapped and later killed.

According to taped depositions taken by lawyers, the soldiers in that area are "constantly" complaining there are too few troops on the ground and asking for a larger force. "If I was an an insurgent, I would attack," says one soldier. "These jackasses, they did it again...they didn't learn," says another. After the earlier incident, a platoon leader and a commander were disciplined, but ironically they were the same men who had been begging for more troops.

More...

Link to article & video. (http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Troops_say_bad_planning_lead_to_0525.html)

http://thedefeatists.typepad.com/apoplectic/images/arlingtonwest3.jpg

jhale667
05-26-2007, 05:00 PM
Actually it's the chaff seperating from the wheat.

...Keep telling yourself that. :rolleyes:

Va Beach VH Fan
05-26-2007, 10:09 PM
Well, let's face facts...

Since the majority of the troops left Vietnam in '73, and the draft subsequently ended, a good percentage of the people joining the military are not joining to become full-time commandos.

And that includes me. Fortunately, I took advantage of my opportunities and I made the military a career for 20 years.

But if you ask most people joining the military nowadays, they're doing it because;

1. They're gonna take college courses with 100% tuition assistance when they're off duty. (Doesn't apply to me, I was drunk the first 10 years in the Navy)
2. They can't afford to go to college on their own or via their parents. (Fully applies to me.)
3. They can't find steady work and/or make a decent living at home. (Me, once again)
4. Some kind of combination of 1, 2, 3.

So unless you were some kind of wannabe badass in high school, you're not joining the military to be Rambo.

You're joining the military to make a living.

Get a degree and learn a skill to make good money on the outside.

Remember back to Fahrenheit 9/11 when Michael Moore did the story on how good the military recruiting is in his hometown of Flint, MI because the economy is so shitty.

So going back to this story, I can absolutely see why so many "officers" are leaving. I think the fact that they're specifying "officers" is irrelevant, young officers are almost as young as young enlisted folks. Young officers get deployed just as much as young enlisted.

Let's remember also, since Vietnam ended, there hasn't been close to being such a long "war", just small escalations. Libya, Grenada, Haiti, Somalia, Panama, Bosnia, and of course Desert Storm, etc., etc.

I know it sounds shitty, but I'm not surprised at all that so many are leaving, because it probably wasn't the MAIN reason for them joining.

Nitro Express
05-27-2007, 12:35 AM
Most people I know who joined the military did so to pay for their education or to use the military as an escape from their parents. My nephew had a big falling out with his asshole dad. He joined the military to get away from dad.

I don't know anyone who signed up because they like to kill and break stuff.

Nitro Express
05-27-2007, 12:37 AM
If I was the militant type I wouldn't waste my time with the military. I would be a mercenary working for the highest bidder. The contract security guys in the middle east make a lot more money that US soldiers do.

Va Beach VH Fan
05-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Most people I know who joined the military did so to pay for their education

Exactly....

With 100% tuition assistance, it's not very difficult at all to get a Bachelor's Degree with no money coming out of your pocket during your obligated service.

Unless you're in Iraq, of course....

DEMON CUNT
05-27-2007, 01:05 PM
Do not forget about all the soldiers who exit the military due to death, severe injury, PTSD, etc.

Couple that with the educated soldiers who leave to "get a degree and learn a skill to make good money on the outside" and I think we have a problem.

Everything Bush touches turns to shit.

DrMaddVibe
05-27-2007, 02:05 PM
Stop looking in the mirror demented runt and do SOMETHING with your pitiful, miserable exisitence.

DEMON CUNT
05-27-2007, 02:16 PM
Stop looking in the mirror demented runt and do SOMETHING with your pitiful, miserable exisitence.

Like Tivo every episode of American Idle?

Shut up, bitch.

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/2239/saddbawwlsxt2.jpg

Redballjets88
05-27-2007, 02:38 PM
you posting that pictue proves that you definatly have no life, i would never take the time out of my day to look up a picture of a dick so i could add it to another picture then make it look like its cumming.

bitch

DrMaddVibe
05-27-2007, 03:09 PM
Runt didn't have to google it, he just took it out of his mouth.

Va Beach VH Fan
05-27-2007, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
Couple that with the educated soldiers who leave to "get a degree and learn a skill to make good money on the outside" and I think we have a problem.

I see your point, but in my view, I don't see this particular group of people as being a "problem"....

These people volunteer to serve their country, which can't be said for a whole shitload of people, most of whom do nothing but bitch...

So while they do their time, they take advantage of the tremendous education benefits that the military dangles in front of them, and they then decide to get out when their time's up.....

I don't think that's a problem at all, although I agree with you, it's definitely a problem to Bush and his cronies....

The end result is more and more people are separating from the militrary rather than making the military a career....

DEMON CUNT
05-27-2007, 07:04 PM
Runt didn't have to google it, he just took it out of his mouth.

Such a clever boy!

All you had to do was look to Nickdfresh's signature for inspiration.

DrMaddVibe
05-27-2007, 07:16 PM
Yeah, he sucks your dick too!

DEMON CUNT
05-27-2007, 07:42 PM
Yeah, he sucks your dick too!

Such hostility!

Are you and Clay fighting again? Did he make poor MsSaddBawls sleep on the couch?

Redballjets88
05-27-2007, 08:21 PM
oh demon you never cease to amaze me with your blatant homosexuality and mental retardation

hideyoursheep
05-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
you posting that pictue proves that you definatly have no life, i would never take the time out of my day to look up a picture of a dick so i could add it to another picture then make it look like its cumming.

bitch

Take your ass to college and STFU!!

You want no part of this shit either, and you know it.

Redballjets88
05-27-2007, 08:32 PM
no part of what, i dont even know what the thread is about, i clicked into it and saw demon cunt being his usual bitch self and called him out on it bc out of all members on this site he is the most idiotic and stupid. if it is that i want no part of the war then your right but it doesnt mean i cant say anything to demon

hideyoursheep
05-27-2007, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Well, let's face facts...

Since the majority of the troops left Vietnam in '73, and the draft subsequently ended, a good percentage of the people joining the military are not joining to become full-time commandos.

And that includes me. Fortunately, I took advantage of my opportunities and I made the military a career for 20 years.

But if you ask most people joining the military nowadays, they're doing it because;

1. They're gonna take college courses with 100% tuition assistance when they're off duty. (Doesn't apply to me, I was drunk the first 10 years in the Navy)
2. They can't afford to go to college on their own or via their parents. (Fully applies to me.)
3. They can't find steady work and/or make a decent living at home. (Me, once again)
4. Some kind of combination of 1, 2, 3.

So unless you were some kind of wannabe badass in high school, you're not joining the military to be Rambo.

You're joining the military to make a living.

Get a degree and learn a skill to make good money on the outside.

Remember back to Fahrenheit 9/11 when Michael Moore did the story on how good the military recruiting is in his hometown of Flint, MI because the economy is so shitty.

So going back to this story, I can absolutely see why so many "officers" are leaving. I think the fact that they're specifying "officers" is irrelevant, young officers are almost as young as young enlisted folks. Young officers get deployed just as much as young enlisted.

Let's remember also, since Vietnam ended, there hasn't been close to being such a long "war", just small escalations. Libya, Grenada, Haiti, Somalia, Panama, Bosnia, and of course Desert Storm, etc., etc.

I know it sounds shitty, but I'm not surprised at all that so many are leaving, because it probably wasn't the MAIN reason for them joining.

Excellent points...and all true.

Yet so many 'Cons want to slam Kerry for telling the truth about not getting good grades and winding up in Iraq.

You join the military in any capacity nowadays, you are going,period.

Not sure about the Navy, but the rest do apply here.

Some guys want to advance their careers by doing some tours in Iraq,like my bro-in-law..non-combat MOS, but dangerous nonetheless...no front, no standing Army to fight, Just a bunch of muslim rednecks taking pot-shots at americans because they CAN!! It's acceptable.

Not for me.

hideyoursheep
05-27-2007, 08:48 PM
no part of what, i dont even know what the thread is about, i clicked into it and saw demon cunt being his usual bitch self and called him out on it bc out of all members on this site he is the most idiotic and stupid. if it is that i want no part of the war then your right but it doesnt mean i cant say anything to demon

DC makes alot more sense in these parts than most. The shit between him and Assvibe is theirs. You taking sides with him (or her) makes you come off like a NeoCunt....you don't wanna be one of those bottom-feeders..

Now get to that graduation party, buy a box o' con-domes, slap your nuts against some 18 year old ass, puke, bang some more, listen to the 6-pack, drink the 6-pack, puke again, have some shots and have someone pour you out onto your porch when your done!!

Or I'm-a call you a bitch!:gulp: :rockit2:

Redballjets88
05-27-2007, 10:50 PM
that was last night my friend, and it was excellent

DEMON CUNT
05-28-2007, 01:29 AM
oh demon you never cease to amaze me with your blatant homosexuality and mental retardation

http://imgplace.com/directory/dir3382/1180330114_6188.jpg

Va Beach VH Fan
05-28-2007, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by hideyoursheep
Not sure about the Navy, but the rest do apply here.

The Navy's going more and more in country nowadays bro....

They've always been in the Gulf, but for the last few years they've been sending a lot of Sailors for security-related training, and it's to Iraq they go....

hideyoursheep
05-28-2007, 08:46 AM
The Navy's going more and more in country nowadays bro....

They've always been in the Gulf, but for the last few years they've been sending a lot of Sailors for security-related training, and it's to Iraq they go....

WTF???

Using them for ground security forces now??

DrMaddVibe
05-28-2007, 09:45 AM
Navy...Marines...hello?

hideyoursheep
05-28-2007, 09:59 AM
Navy...Marines...hello?

Navy?

Besides corpsmen(with marines) and SEAL's what Navy occupation has you going door to door hunting for ahmed?

hideyoursheep
05-28-2007, 10:09 AM
I see your point, but in my view, I don't see this particular group of people as being a "problem"....

These people volunteer to serve their country, which can't be said for a whole shitload of people, most of whom do nothing but bitch...

So while they do their time, they take advantage of the tremendous education benefits that the military dangles in front of them, and they then decide to get out when their time's up.....
The problem is what you've indicated yourself-less people are intrested in serving at all and the recruiters hit up the lower-income neighborhoods for new faces, most of which have no chance of going to college on their own, or in some cases never even graduated HS. The quality of manpower is going to suffer and the standards to which you have to meet to be eligible for service have already been lowered.
The draft would bring in a higher quality of recruit and increase the number of combat ready forces without having to lower the standards of the military. Even the "volunteers" have an issue with the way things are right now and are opting out as soon as their time's up.

Drafting again wouldn't be such a bad idea. There are alot of "supporters" who could serve, but won't.

Nickdfresh
05-28-2007, 10:17 AM
WTF???

Using them for ground security forces now??

Yes. Air Force and Navy personnel have increasingly been put in HUMVEEs on patrol duties once reserved for infantry related combat arms...

We simply do not have enough people...

hideyoursheep
05-28-2007, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Yes. Air Force and Navy personnel have increasingly been put in HUMVEEs on patrol duties once reserved for infantry related combat arms...

We simply do not have enough people...

Great...:rolleyes:

A result of Rumsfeld's "steamlining" the military?

What's next? 1st Cav running around on the USS Independence??

Nickdfresh
05-28-2007, 10:30 AM
Blackwater can do that...

hideyoursheep
05-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Blackwater can do that...

I'm about to pull a Dennis Hopper and move to the mountains.

These pricks have gutted the military with a serrated blade.

Va Beach VH Fan
05-28-2007, 02:44 PM
The problem is what you've indicated yourself-less people are intrested in serving at all and the recruiters hit up the lower-income neighborhoods for new faces, most of which have no chance of going to college on their own, or in some cases never even graduated HS. The quality of manpower is going to suffer and the standards to which you have to meet to be eligible for service have already been lowered.
The draft would bring in a higher quality of recruit and increase the number of combat ready forces without having to lower the standards of the military. Even the "volunteers" have an issue with the way things are right now and are opting out as soon as their time's up.

Drafting again wouldn't be such a bad idea. There are alot of "supporters" who could serve, but won't.

Yup, you nailed it....

They're also enticing prospective recruits with a pretty decent signing bonus of up to 40 grand....

hideyoursheep
05-29-2007, 11:14 AM
Yup, you nailed it....

They're also enticing prospective recruits with a pretty decent signing bonus of up to 40 grand....

Actually, I thougt about it...making a "comeback"...

Chimpy's gonna have to pony up a little more than 40 G's to get me interested...

And the wife thinks I'm nuts...

She doesn't understand.

Man, those guys need help. :(

BITEYOASS
05-29-2007, 12:19 PM
I say get the military out of Iraq and abandon the private haliburton mercenaries, like their doesn't have enough money anyway to pick their asses up. :rolleyes: They can use those russian transports to evacuate for all I care. Yep, shit you not! They have their own aircraft, saw it with my own eyes.

hideyoursheep
05-29-2007, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
I say get the military out of Iraq and abandon the private haliburton mercenaries...

Karma.

Sweet.

BITEYOASS
05-30-2007, 12:07 PM
Shit they make 100k grand a year and supposedly know the country inside and out. Kind of reminds me of that one line from that movie "The Rock": When we started taking hostages and demanding a ransom, we gave up our oath as Marines and became Mercenaries. And Mercenaries get paid. So where's my fuckin money!

BITEYOASS
05-30-2007, 12:11 PM
Here's what will happen when the Halliburton mercenaries wind up with back pay:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5f_nW3Thff8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5f_nW3Thff8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

hideyoursheep
05-31-2007, 10:29 AM
And they don't have to deal with garrison!!

Let's me an' you start our own "private security" Corp....

OOPS!!

I'm broke!:)

Let's call W's brother in charge of Blackwater instead.

How's the SAW work in the sand, BITEYOASS?

BITEYOASS
05-31-2007, 12:34 PM
And they don't have to deal with garrison!!

Let's me an' you start our own "private security" Corp....

OOPS!!

I'm broke!:)

Let's call W's brother in charge of Blackwater instead.

How's the SAW work in the sand, BITEYOASS?

Your broke and I'm too stingy with my money & gettin too much pussy to worry about starting up a private security firm. Sorry! :D Never fired a shot over there, but I built a shitload of Helo rockets, JDAMs, laser-guided and general purpose bombs.

Now on a different note, the government contract companies can get away with anything. But if you do stuff on your own like that one former Green Beret in Afghanistan who actually captured some terrorists for bounty, then they throw your ass in an Afghan prison. :mad: I forgot the name of that guy.

While I was over there, someone in my unit mentioned about joining KBR when they got out and become a forklift driver. I told him how out of his fuckin mind he was, seeing that they don't let any of the KBR drivers arm themselves. It was almost as stupid as some others in my unit who wanted to make money off of the new Iraqi Dinar, which I also shot down. I also told everyone to avoid the real estate market a couple years back, nowadays it's seems that I'm right.

Halliburton has great death benefits guarantees. They guarantee that you die for their benefit:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rxx1Lo8fZwQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rxx1Lo8fZwQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

hideyoursheep
05-31-2007, 01:22 PM
Your broke and I'm too stingy with my money & gettin too much pussy to worry about starting up a private security firm. Sorry! :D Never fired a shot over there...

Now on a different note, the government contract companies can get away with anything. But if you do stuff on your own like that one former Green Beret in Afghanistan who actually captured some terrorists for bounty, then they throw your ass in an Afghan prison. :mad: I forgot the name of that guy.

They don't WANT you to catch anybody.

Broke? Yeah. Too broke to run up a 100 G per man tab, unless my cash came from BushCo.

Fuck, man.. why can't we fight like the old days, when there was an actual Army?

This is sad.

BITEYOASS
05-31-2007, 03:58 PM
I'll laugh my ass off when some disgruntled employees decide to start a rampage at the Halliburton HQ.

FORD
05-31-2007, 07:06 PM
I'll laugh my ass off when some disgruntled employees decide to start a rampage at the Halliburton HQ.

Well, that's the ONE good thing about those fucking bastards moving their offices to Dubai. Easier for their own mercenaries to kill them that way.