PDA

View Full Version : GOD BLESS THAT ATTENTION WHORE CINDY SHEEHAN

Big Train
05-28-2007, 07:57 PM
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/5/28/12530/1525

You used and abused here Libs...nice fucking job!!!

How say you Dems...is it true?

by CindySheehan

Mon May 28, 2007 at 09:57:01 AM PDT

I have endured a lot of smear and hatred since Casey was killed and especially since I became the so-called "Face" of the American anti-war movement. Especially since I renounced any tie I have remaining with the Democratic Party, I have been further trashed on such "liberal blogs" as the Democratic Underground. Being called an "attention whore" and being told "good riddance" are some of the more milder rebukes.

CindySheehan's diary :: ::
I have come to some heartbreaking conclusions this Memorial Day Morning. These are not spur of the moment reflections, but things I have been meditating on for about a year now. The conclusions that I have slowly and very reluctantly come to are very heartbreaking to me.

The first conclusion is that I was the darling of the so-called left as long as I limited my protests to George Bush and the Republican Party. Of course, I was slandered and libeled by the right as a "tool" of the Democratic Party. This label was to marginalize me and my message. How could a woman have an original thought, or be working outside of our "two-party" system?

However, when I started to hold the Democratic Party to the same standards that I held the Republican Party, support for my cause started to erode and the "left" started labeling me with the same slurs that the right used. I guess no one paid attention to me when I said that the issue of peace and people dying for no reason is not a matter of "right or left", but "right and wrong."

I am deemed a radical because I believe that partisan politics should be left to the wayside when hundreds of thousands of people are dying for a war based on lies that is supported by Democrats and Republican alike. It amazes me that people who are sharp on the issues and can zero in like a laser beam on lies, misrepresentations, and political expediency when it comes to one party refuse to recognize it in their own party. Blind party loyalty is dangerous whatever side it occurs on. People of the world look on us Americans as jokes because we allow our political leaders so much murderous latitude and if we don’t find alternatives to this corrupt "two" party system our Representative Republic will die and be replaced with what we are rapidly descending into with nary a check or balance: a fascist corporate wasteland. I am demonized because I don’t see party affiliation or nationality when I look at a person, I see that person’s heart. If someone looks, dresses, acts, talks and votes like a Republican, then why do they deserve support just because he/she calls him/herself a Democrat?

I have also reached the conclusion that if I am doing what I am doing because I am an "attention whore" then I really need to be committed. I have invested everything I have into trying to bring peace with justice to a country that wants neither. If an individual wants both, then normally he/she is not willing to do more than walk in a protest march or sit behind his/her computer criticizing others. I have spent every available cent I got from the money a "grateful" country gave me when they killed my son and every penny that I have received in speaking or book fees since then. I have sacrificed a 29 year marriage and have traveled for extended periods of time away from Casey’s brother and sisters and my health has suffered and my hospital bills from last summer (when I almost died) are in collection because I have used all my energy trying to stop this country from slaughtering innocent human beings. I have been called every despicable name that small minds can think of and have had my life threatened many times.

The most devastating conclusion that I reached this morning, however, was that Casey did indeed die for nothing. His precious lifeblood drained out in a country far away from his family who loves him, killed by his own country which is beholden to and run by a war machine that even controls what we think. I have tried every since he died to make his sacrifice meaningful. Casey died for a country which cares more about who will be the next American Idol than how many people will be killed in the next few months while Democrats and Republicans play politics with human lives. It is so painful to me to know that I bought into this system for so many years and Casey paid the price for that allegiance. I failed my boy and that hurts the most.

I have also tried to work within a peace movement that often puts personal egos above peace and human life. This group won’t work with that group; he won’t attend an event if she is going to be there; and why does Cindy Sheehan get all the attention anyway? It is hard to work for peace when the very movement that is named after it has so many divisions.

Our brave young men and women in Iraq have been abandoned there indefinitely by their cowardly leaders who move them around like pawns on a chessboard of destruction and the people of Iraq have been doomed to death and fates worse than death by people worried more about elections than people. However, in five, ten, or fifteen years, our troops will come limping home in another abject defeat and ten or twenty years from then, our children’s children will be seeing their loved ones die for no reason, because their grandparents also bought into this corrupt system. George Bush will never be impeached because if the Democrats dig too deeply, they may unearth a few skeletons in their own graves and the system will perpetuate itself in perpetuity.

I am going to take whatever I have left and go home. I am going to go home and be a mother to my surviving children and try to regain some of what I have lost. I will try to maintain and nurture some very positive relationships that I have found in the journey that I was forced into when Casey died and try to repair some of the ones that have fallen apart since I began this single-minded crusade to try and change a paradigm that is now, I am afraid, carved in immovable, unbendable and rigidly mendacious marble.

Camp Casey has served its purpose. It’s for sale. Anyone want to buy five beautiful acres in Crawford , Texas ? I will consider any reasonable offer. I hear George Bush will be moving out soon, too...which makes the property even more valuable.

This is my resignation letter as the "face" of the American anti-war movement. This is not my "Checkers" moment, because I will never give up trying to help people in the world who are harmed by the empire of the good old US of A, but I am finished working in, or outside of this system. This system forcefully resists being helped and eats up the people who try to help it. I am getting out before it totally consumes me or anymore people that I love and the rest of my resources.

Good-bye America ...you are not the country that I love and I finally realized no matter how much I sacrifice, I can’t make you be that country unless you want it.

It’s up to you now.

Lqskdiver
05-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Good-bye America ...you are not the country that I love and I finally realized no matter how much I sacrifice, I can’t make you be that country unless you want it.

What country is that. Is there a model country anywhere on this planet that poses such a perfect picture of nirvana?

FORD
05-28-2007, 08:20 PM
The DLC shitbags have infiltrated Daily KOS just as they have DU. The people slamming Cindy on those sites are not real Democrats at all, but corporatist PNAC AIPAC shills who reprsent the same treasonous element as those spineless jellyfish who backed down from their best chance to end this fucking illegal and immoral joke of a war.

The PEOPLE are still very much with Cindy Sheehan. We want this shit stopped NOW.

DEMON CUNT
05-28-2007, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Lqskdiver
What country is that. Is there a model country anywhere on this planet that poses such a perfect picture of nirvana?

Can you explain why you feel that her statement is an indication that she is seeking 'such a perfect picture of nirvana'?

sadaist
05-28-2007, 09:24 PM
For someone who wants out of the spotlight, she sure is doing a good job of staying in it.

FORD
05-28-2007, 10:26 PM
If I lost a family member in this useless and illegal war, I'd never shut up either.

sadaist
05-29-2007, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by FORD
If I lost a family member in this useless and illegal war, I'd never shut up either.

So how would that be different from what you do now?

Redballjets88
05-29-2007, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by sadaist
So how would that be different from what you do now?

burn

Lincoln
05-29-2007, 01:39 AM
She could have made her statement much shorter;

"I can no longer go on, my funding has been cut off"

DEMON CUNT
05-29-2007, 01:50 AM
So, all of you pro-war cons should attack her.

Make "Cindy" the topic so you can avoid discussing the more pertinent issues of a country at "war."

She only lost her son, after all.

Hell, some of you had to go without football for a few days. Now that's some good ol' American sacrifice!

She could always make another baby! This here 911 business coulda fucked up the Superbowl!

Nitro Express
05-29-2007, 02:20 AM
I already forgot about her. Bush will go out of office and we still will have the war. What's the goal?

It all started when we were attacked by a small group of well financed and well backed extremists. They were hiding in Afganistahn. We went there and our campaign was going well. Then we go into Iraq and break off of the main objective. Now we hear Al Quaida here and there.

Nitro Express
05-29-2007, 02:24 AM
This might sound cruel but life goes on. Sure you have to mourn and sure you have to deal with it. My experience with losing loved ones is you never really get over it, you learn to deal with it. You either brush yourself off and go on with your life or you can dive into the abyss and waste it out of depression.

What Cindy Sheehan doesn't realize is she lives in a country where she can protest and spout out her views. In other countries she would be tried for treason and be shot or beheaded. That woman wouldn't last long in Saudi Arabia or Yemmen.

FORD
05-29-2007, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
So, all of you pro-war cons should attack her.

Make "Cindy" the topic so you can avoid discussing the more pertinent issues of a country at "war."

She only lost her son, after all.

Hell, some of you had to go without football for a few days. Now that's some good ol' American sacrifice!

She could always make another baby! This here 911 business coulda fucked up the Superbowl!

Actually, it DID fuck up the Superbowl. And the World Series, and every other major sporting event of the following year, because they had to turn them all into Soviet style military parades in the name of (false) patriotism.

DrMaddVibe
05-29-2007, 07:05 AM

Living in your mom's basement beating off isn't going to make a "family member". You ramble on talking more nonsense than Cindy Sheehan and the only thing you've lost is your mind.

Her 15 minutes of fame are over. Hopefully, she'll move to Venezula and get used by Hugo.

Angel
05-29-2007, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Lqskdiver

It's called Canada. :D

EAT MY ASSHOLE
05-29-2007, 09:19 AM

Useless? I dunno...if nothing else, this war seems to have given your life definition...

Lqskdiver
05-29-2007, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Angel
It's called Canada. :D

Damn, I was just waiting for someone to yell that! :D

hideyoursheep
05-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Living in your mom's basement beating off isn't going to make a "family member". You ramble on talking more nonsense than Cindy Sheehan and the only thing you've lost is your mind.

Her 15 minutes of fame are over. Hopefully, she'll move to Venezula and get used by Hugo.
Talking points memo get to you already?

That's almost verbatim what Manqueer was spitting out this morning...

O'Really and Hannity will surely follow.:mad:

hideyoursheep
05-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Angel
It's called Canada. :D :lol:

Steve Savicki
05-29-2007, 03:06 PM
Sheehan quits:
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oGkiN9eVxGL68AgidXNyoA/SIG=12j3gsgf9/EXP=1180551933/**http%3a//news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070529/ap_on_re_us/cindy_sheehan_6
<center>http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070529/capt.56c7cd68f3464941810f363bec24ec0c.peace_mom_ci ndy_sheehan_ny112.jpg?x=180&y=190&sig=SytockEqmAQskpt0IQmsiA--</center>
Cindy Sheehan, the soldier's mother who galvanized an anti-war movement with her monthlong protest outside President Bush's ranch, said Tuesday she's done being the public face of the movement.

"I've been wondering why I'm killing myself and wondering why the Democrats caved in to George Bush," Sheehan told The Associated Press while driving from her property in Crawford to the airport, where she planned to return to her native California.

"I'm going home for awhile to try and be normal," she said.

In what she described as a "resignation letter," Sheehan wrote in her online diary on the Daily Kos blog: "Good-bye America ... you are not the country that I love and I finally realized no matter how much I sacrifice, I can't make you be that country unless you want it.

"It's up to you now."

Sheehan began a grass roots peace movement in August 2005 when she camped outside Bush's Crawford ranch for 26 days, demanding to talk with the president about her son's death. Army Spc. Casey Sheehan was 24 when he was killed in an ambush in Baghdad in 2004.

Cindy Sheehan's protest started small but swelled to thousands and quickly drew national attention. Over the next two years, she drew huge crowds as she spoke at protest events. But she also drew criticism for some actions, such as meeting with Hugo Chavez, Venezuela's leftist president.

"I have endured a lot of smear and hatred since Casey was killed and especially since I became the so-called "Face" of the American anti-war movement," Sheehan wrote in the diary.

Kristinn Taylor, spokesman for FreeRepublic.com, which has held pro-troop rallies and counter-protests of anti-war demonstrations, said dwindling crowds at Sheehan's Crawford protests since her initial vigil may have led to her decision. But he also said he hopes she will now be able to heal.

"Her politics have hurt a lot of people, including the troops and their families, but most of us who support the war on terror understand she is hurt very deeply," Taylor said Tuesday. "Those she got involved with in the anti-war movement realize it was to their benefit to keep her in that stage of anger."

When Sheehan first took on Bush, she was a darling of the liberal left. "However, when I started to hold the Democratic Party to the same standards that I held the Republican Party, support for my cause started to erode and the 'left' started labeling me with the same slurs that the right used," she wrote in the diary.

She said she sacrificed a 29-year marriage and endured threats to put all her energy into stopping the war. What she found, she wrote, was a movement "that often puts personal egos above peace and human life."

She said the most devastating conclusion she had reached "was that Casey did indeed die for nothing ... killed by his own country which is beholden to and run by a war machine that even controls what we think."

Sheehan told the AP that she had considered leaving the peace movement since last summer while recovering from surgery.

She decided on Memorial Day to step down and spend more time with her three other children. She said she was returning to California on Tuesday because it was Casey's birthday. He would have been 28.

"We've accomplished as much here as we're going to," Sheehan said, saying she was leaving to change course. "When we come back, it definitely won't be with the peace movement with marches, with rallies and with protests. It will be more humanitarian efforts."

Last year, with $52,500 in insurance money she received after her son's death, Sheehan bought 5 acres near downtown Crawford as a permanent site for protests.

"Camp Casey has served its purpose," she wrote in the diary. "It's for sale. Anyone want to buy five beautiful acres in Crawford, Texas?"
<center>http://stb.msn.com/i/50/E6B6D415D078DFA13CD2BE10453CE.jpg
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070529/070529_cindy_sheehan_hmed_8a.h2.jpg</center>

<i>It's up to us now...</i>

Keef
05-29-2007, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
This might sound cruel but life goes on. Sure you have to mourn and sure you have to deal with it. My experience with losing loved ones is you never really get over it, you learn to deal with it. You either brush yourself off and go on with your life or you can dive into the abyss and waste it out of depression.

What Cindy Sheehan doesn't realize is she lives in a country where she can protest and spout out her views. In other countries she would be tried for treason and be shot or beheaded. That woman wouldn't last long in Saudi Arabia or Yemmen.

Who cares what other countries do?

So she should shut her yap because she would be beheaded somewhere else?

I'd be more worried with a Gov't that has snubbed thier nose at the people of this country. That includes both sides.

It's very obvious to me that they are all working one agenda, and it doesn't include US.

Keef
05-29-2007, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
burn

You are prime age. What the fuck are you doing on the internet? Join up and get your ass over there,now...

ODShowtime
05-29-2007, 08:27 PM
She pretty much did what I did.

She figured out what was going on, got all pissed off, and then realized it's better to shut up and keep your head down.

Fuck it. Too many morons out there.

DEMON CUNT
05-29-2007, 08:48 PM
Living in your mom's basement beating off isn't going to make a "family member".

Well, maybe you should try a different approach. Maybe beating off to a different episode of American Idle? Give it a shot.

You neocon dummies just love to attack people who exercise their rights as Americans.

Your attacks on the women that you disagree with are especially creepy.

DEMON CUNT
05-29-2007, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Keef
So she should shut her yap because she would be beheaded somewhere else?

That's some good ol' fashioned American misogynistic logic.

These sociopathic conservatives are unable to feel compassion.

Nickdfresh
05-29-2007, 08:53 PM
Well, maybe you should try a different approach. Maybe beating off to a different episode of American Idle?

You neocon dummies just love to attack people who exercise their rights as Americans.

Your attacks on the women that you disagree with are especially creepy.

Yet they throw some big hissy fit when Don Imus or someone gets "censored."

I'll be sure to call hypocrite at threads like this (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45736) in the future...

DEMON CUNT
05-29-2007, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Yet they throw some big hissy fit when Don Imus or someone gets "censored."

I'll be sure to call hypocrite at threads like this (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45736) in the future...

Hypocrisy is part of the American Conservative's creed.

WACF
05-29-2007, 08:58 PM
You know I feel bad for the woman.

She did what her rights and freedoms allowed her to do.

For those that find her annoying...turn it off...it's just that easy.

That is how it works here.

DrMaddVibe
05-29-2007, 09:01 PM
She's taking her game and going home because the Dems threw her overboard!

Fish and relatives eh Cindy?

At least that cunt expended every ounce of Casey's honor before she called it a day.

ODShowtime
05-29-2007, 09:06 PM
At least that cunt expended every ounce of Casey's honor before she called it a day.

Casey was a soldier and died performing his duty with honor. He deserves our respect regardless of what his mother does.

You really should be ashamed of yourself for saying that. Your hatred for those you don't agree with is showing.

And your hypocrisy.

FORD
05-29-2007, 09:14 PM
Mike Malloy comments.....

May 29, 2007

Several days ago I mentioned on the program that I was getting tired of the political struggle that now encompasses day-to-day life in the US for anyone who cares about our survival as a self-governing democracy. I said that, on a personal level, I was incredibly disappointed with the national Democrats and their apparent cowardice against Bush and that, further, the day might come when I and others would say the hell with it and surrender to the tide of Fascism moving slowly but inexorably across the US.

With Cindy Sheehan's announcement this past weekend that she is quitting her anti-war efforts, it is clear there are others who also are tired, hopeless, fatigued and ready to bail out of the near-dead peace movement.

No matter what is said or done by the Bush Crime Family; no matter how much destruction the U-S Constitution suffers at the hands of these bastards; no matter how many criminal acts are committed by Bush Cabinet members, political apparatchiks, or regulatory agency appointees, the American people and the Democratic Party leadership are content to do nothing in response.

The sense of political inertia is palpable and dizzying. There is no furious response to atrocity after atrocity. We now sanction torture? Yawn. We employ mercenaries to kill, destroy and loot countries we have invaded without provocation? Who cares. We are slowly choking to death in a toxic combination of global climate change and attendant environmental breakdown? Let's make fun of Al Gore's professorial demeanor and criticize his home electric bill as he tries desperately to point out what we must deal with if we are to survive global heating and continue as a species.

The list, of course, goes on and on: A broken military; an officer corps that contains an element that truly believes we are battling a cloven-hoofed, horned, Satan in the streets of smoldering third-world countries we have bombed into rubble; a political leadership terrified of a cadre of fundamentalist Christian cultists who quietly dictate both foreign and domestic policy and whose law school "graduates" have thoroughly infiltrated and poisoned our Justice Department; a Secretary of State whose first allegiance is to the oil industry that created her and who obviously is incapable of understanding the depth of the problems her office must confront, much less actually making an attempt to solve those problems; a return to a Gilded Age where one percent of the population controls seventy percent of the wealth, with the gap continuing to expand; a primary and secondary educational system that - with rare exceptions - functions as a holding pen for those who eventually will perform the scut work necessary to maintaining the upper class, or filling the rapidly thinning ranks of a military bereft of honor and now sinking into becoming nothing more than a fist with which a succession of right-wing US demagogues will attempt to beat the rest of the world into submission

But, why continue pointing out the obvious? Most people who come to this page to find out what will be the subject of tonight's Malloy program already are deeply familiar with the sense of the futility in which we all are beginning to emotionally suffocate.

Is it time to stop fighting? Is it time to give up the intellectual and emotional and political resistance and conclude this nation is moving precisely to the configuration programmed into our original documents?

Any ideas . . .?

-MM
Join the fun and frivolity, call 800-989-1480!

DrMaddVibe
05-29-2007, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
Casey was a soldier and died performing his duty with honor. He deserves our respect regardless of what his mother does.

You really should be ashamed of yourself for saying that. Your hatred for those you don't agree with is showing.

And your hypocrisy.

You're a dickless ass.

I should be ashamed? Me? Not the cunt that talked to the President and didn't have a harsh word to say, but when Michael Moore and his crowd decided to give her a stage and eat from his trough she decided that she did have something negative to say? I should be ashamed? Ever hear what the rest of Casey's family had to say about her? Yey, I should be ashamed?

The ONLY hatred is for her disgracing a soldiers honor. He reenlisted. He knew what he was doing, he wasn't a wet behind the ears little school boy. Yeah, he was somebody's son and that mother used his memory for political gain, an audience and threw in the towel because she's a liability now. I'm supposed to be ashamed? FUCK YOU! You were the last to understand what she was and the last to throw her useless carcass to the buzzards. She, by her own admission is an attention whore, but I'm supposed to be ashamed? I didn't spend all of the money on a VW and some land in Crawford, TX! I would've honored my son with a tombstone instead, yet I'm supposed to be ashamed? Check yourself at the door with that bullshit.

The only thing she had, nobody wants. Now she's going home because nobody wants to hear her loud mouth. Yet I'm supposed to be ashamed...LMAOAY!

Nickdfresh
05-29-2007, 09:43 PM

So did the asshole you voted for...

DrMaddVibe
05-29-2007, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
So did the asshole you voted for...

And the one YOU voted for too!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F2DDg3dl0zY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F2DDg3dl0zY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

http://www.richmond.edu/~ebolt/history398/JohnKerryTestimony.html

VIETNAM WAR VETERAN JOHN KERRY'S TESTIMONY BEFORE THE SENATE FOREIGN RELATIONS COMMITTEE, APRIL 22, 1971
Editorial Notes by Dr. Ernest Bolt, University of Richmond

By April 1971, with at least seven legislative proposals relating to the Vietnam war under consideration, the Senate Foreign Relations Committee chaired by Senator William Fulbright (Democrat-Arkansas) began to hear testimony. On the third day of hearings, six members of the committee heard comments by John Kerry, a leader of the major veterans organization opposing continuation of the war. Kerry was the only representative of Vietnam Veterans Against the War (VVAW) who testified on April 22, but others in VVAW were in the audience and at times supported his remarks with applause.

The committee began the hearing April 20 and continued to receive testimony for four days in April and for seven days throughout May, 1971. The full testimony heard by the committee, including that of Kerry, is in Legislative Proposals Relating to the War in Southeast Asia, Hearings before the Committee on Foreign Relations, United States Senate, Ninety-Second Congress, First Session (April-May 1971), Washington: Government Printing Office, 1971. Subject breaks in Kerry's testimony were provided by the Senate staff in the form of subtitles, which in some cases are retained below. Additional editorial notes are provided by Professor Bolt. Excerpts from Kerry's testimony are from pages 180, 181-183, 184, 185, 195, 204, and 208.

Statement of Mr. John Kerry
...I am not here as John Kerry. I am here as one member of the group of 1,000 which is a small representation of a very much larger group of veterans in this country, and were it possible for all of them to sit at this table they would be here and have the same kind of testimony....

WINTER SOLDIER INVESTIGATION
I would like to talk, representing all those veterans, and say that several months ago in Detroit, we had an investigation at which over 150 honorably discharged and many very highly decorated veterans testified to war crimes committed in Southeast Asia, not isolated incidents but crimes committed on a day-to-day basis with the full awareness of officers at all levels of command....

They told the stories at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war, and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country.

We call this investigation the "Winter Soldier Investigation." The term "Winter Soldier" is a play on words of Thomas Paine in 1776 when he spoke of the Sunshine Patriot and summertime soldiers who deserted at Valley Forge because the going was rough.

We who have come here to Washington have come here because we f eel we have to be winter soldiers now. We could come back to this country; we could be quiet; we could hold our silence; we could not tell what went on in Vietnam, but we feel because of what threatens this country, the fact that the crimes threaten it, not reds, and not redcoats but the crimes which we are committing that threaten it, that we have to speak out.

FEELINGS OF MEN COMING BACK FROM VIETNAM
...In our opinion, and from our experience, there is nothing in South Vietnam, nothing which could happen that realistically threatens the United States of America. And to attempt to justify the loss of one American life in Vietnam, Cambodia, or Laos by linking such loss to the preservation of freedom, which those misfits supposedly abuse, is to us the height of criminal hypocrisy, and it is that kind of hypocrisy which we feel has torn this country apart....

WHAT WAS FOUND AND LEARNED IN VIETNAM
We found that not only was it a civil war, an effort by a people who had for years been seeking their liberation from any colonial influence whatsoever, but also we found that the Vietnamese whom we had enthusiastically molded after our own image were hard put to take up the fight against the threat we were supposedly saving them from.

We found most people didn't even know the difference between communism and democracy. They only wanted to work in rice paddies without helicopters strafing them and bombs with napalm burning their villages and tearing their country apart. They wanted everything to do with the war, particularly with this foreign presence of the United States of America, to leave them alone on peace, and they practiced the art of survival by siding with whichever military force was present at a particular time, be it Vietcong, North Vietnamese, or American.

We found also that all too often American men were dying in those rice paddies for want of support from their allies. We saw first hand how money from American taxes was used for a corrupt dictatorial regime. We saw that many people in this country had a one-sided idea of who was kept free by our flag, as blacks provided the highest percentage of casualties. We saw Vietnam ravaged equally by American bombs as well as by search and destroy missions, as well as by Vietcong terrorism, and yet we listened while this country tried to blame all of the havoc on the Viet Cong.

We rationalized destroying villages in order to save them. We saw America lose her sense of morality as she accepted very coolly a My Lai and refused to give up the image of American soldiers who hand out chocolate bars and chewing gum.

We learned the meaning of free fire zones, shooting anything that moves, and we watched while America placed a cheapness on the lives of orientals.

We watched the U.S. falsification of body counts, in fact the glorification of body counts. We listened while month after month we were told the back of the enemy was about to break. We fought using weapons against "oriental human beings," with quotation marks around that. We fought using weapons against those people which I do not believe this country would dream of using were we fighting in the European theater or let us say a non-third-world people theater, and so we watched while men charged up hills because a general said that hill has to be taken, and after losing one platoon or two platoons they marched away to leave the high for the reoccupation by the North Vietnamese because we watched pride allow the most unimportant of battles to be blown into extravaganzas, because we couldn't lose, and we couldn't retreat, and because it didn't matter how many American bodies were lost to prove that point. And so there were Hamburger Hills and Khe Sanhs and Hill 881's and Fire Base 6's and so many others.

VIETNAMIZATION
Now we are told that the men who fought there must watch quietly while American lives are lost so that we can exercise the incredible arrogance of Vietnamizing the Vietnamese....

Each day to facilitate the process by which the United States washes her hands of Vietnam someone has to give up his life so that the United States doen'st have to admit something that the entire world already knows, so that we can't say they we have made a mistake. Someone has to die so that President Nixon won't be, and these are his words, "the first President to lose a war."

We are asking Americans to think about that because how do you ask a man to be the last man to die in Vietnam? How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake? But we are trying to do that, and we are doing it with thousands of rationalizations, and if you read carefully the President's last speech to the people of this country, you can see that he says and says clearly:

But the issue, gentlemen, the issue is communism, and the question is whether or not we will leave that country to the Communists or whether or not we will try to give it hope to be a free people.

But the point is they are not a free people now under us. They are not a free people, and we cannot fight communism all over the world, and I think we should have learned that lesson by now....

REQUEST FOR ACTION BY CONGRESS
We are asking here in Washington for some action, action from the Congress of the United States of America which as the power to raise and maintain armies, and which by the Constitution also has the power to declare war.

We have come here, not to the President, because we believe that this body can be responsive to the will of the people, and we believe that the will of the people says that we should be out of Vietnam now....

WHERE IS THE LEADERSHIP?
We are also here to ask, and we are here to ask vehemently, where are the leaders of our country? Where is the leadership? We are here to ask where are McNamara, Rostow, Bundy, Gilpatric, and so many others. Where are they now that we, the men whom they sent off to war, have returned? These are commanders who have deserted their troops, and there is no more serious crime in the law of war. The Army says they never leave their wounded.

The Marines say they never leave even their dead. These men have left all the casualties and retreated behind a pious shield of public rectitude. They have left the real stuff of their reputations bleaching begin them in the sun in this country....

Editorial Note: Concluding his formal statement, Kerry commented about administration attempts to disown veterans and looked forward thirty years (to 2001) when the nation could look back proudly to a time when it turned from this war and the hate and fears driving us in Vietnam.

Following his formal testimony, the committee members questioned him during their discussion of some of the legislative proposals under consideration. In the course of this discussion, Kerry spoke with considerable familiarity and understanding about disengagement and withdrawal proposals being considered. In response to a question from Senator Aiken, Kerry endorsed "extensive reparations to the people of Indochina" as a "very definite obligation" of the U.S. (p. 191).
Kerry also commented on growth of American opposition to the war, the actions of Lt. Calley at My Lai, and strategic implications of the war.

...It is my opinion that the United States is still reacting in very much the 1945 mood and postwar cold-war period when we reacted to the forces which were at work in World War II and came out of it with this paranoia about the Russians and how the world was going to be divided up between the super powers, and the foreign policy of John Foster Dulles which was responsible for the created of the SEATO treaty, which was, in fact, a direct reaction to this so-called Communist monolith. And I think we are reacting under cold-war precepts which are no longer applicable.

I say that because so long as we have the kind of strike force we have, and I am not party to the secret statistics which you gentlemen have here, but as long as we have the ones which we of the public know we have, I think we have a strike force of such capability and I think we have a strike force simply in our Polaris submarines, in the 62 or some Polaris submarines, which are constantly roaming around under the sea. And I know as a Navy man that underwater detection is the hardest kind in the world, and they have not perfected it, that we have the ability to destroy the human race. Why do we have to, therefore, consider and keep considering threats?

At any time that an actual threat is posed to this country or to the security and freedom I will be one of the first people to pick up a gun and defend it, but right now we are reacting with paranoia t this question of peace and the people taking over the world. I think if were are ever going to get down to the question of dropping those bombs most of us in my generation simply don't want to be alive afterwards because of the kind of world that it would be with mutations and the genetic probabilities of freaks and everything else.

Therefore, I think it is ridiculous to assume we have to play this power game based on total warfare. I think there will be guerrilla wars and I think we must have a capability to fight those. And we may have to fight them somewhere based on legitimate threats, but we must learn, in this country, how to define those threats and that is what I would say to the question of world peace. I think it is bogus, totally artificial. There is no threat. The Communists are not about to take over our McDonald hamburger stands. [Laughter.]...

Editorial Note: Kerry's exchange with the senators consumed two complete hours, ranging from earlier French experiences in Indochina to the status of the war in 1971. Kerry faulted the electronic press for failure to report a recent antiwar conference because of its lack of "visual" appeal and entertainment value. He also cited the "exorbitant" power of the Executive, faulting Congress.

In response to Senator Symington's inquiry about American men and women still in Vietnam and their attitude toward opposition to the war within Congress, Kerry offered the following comments.

...I don't want to get into the game of saying I represent everybody over there, but let me try to say as straightforwardly as I can, we had an advertisement, ran full page, to show you what the troops read. It ran in Playboy and the response to it within two and a half weeks from Vietnam was 1,200 members. We received initially about 50 to 80 letters a day from troops arriving at our New York office. Some of these letters -- and I wanted to bring some down, I didn't know we were going to be testifying here and I can make them available to you -- are very, very moving, some of them written by hospital corpsmen on things, on casualty report sheets which say, you know, "Get us out of here." "You are the only hope he have got." "You have got to get us back; it is crazy." We received recently 80 members of the 101st Airborne signed up in one letter. Forty members from a helicopter assault squadron, crash and rescue mission signed up in another one.

I think they are expressing, some of these troops, solidarity with us, right now by wearing black arm bands and Vietnam Veterans Against the War buttons. They want to come out and I think they are looking at the people who want to try to get them out as a help.

However, I do recognize there are some men who are in the military for life. The job in the military is to fight wars. When they have a war to fight, they are just as happy in a sense, and I am sure that these men feel they are being stabbed in the back. But, at the same time, I think to most of them the realization of the emptiness, the hollowness, the absurdity of Vietnam has finally hit home, and I feel is they did come home the recrimination would certainly not come from the right, from the military. I don't think there would be that problem....

Editorial Note: Kerry returned to the theme of the mood of troops in Vietnam and back home as he concluded his testimony.

...You see the mind is changing over there and a search and destroy mission is a search and avoid mission, and troops don't -- you know, like that revolt that took place that was mentioned in the New York Times when they refused to go in after a piece of dead machinery, because it doesn't have any value. They are making their own judgments.

There is a GI movement in this country now as well as over there, and soon these people, these men, who are prescribing wars for these young men to fight are going to find out they are going to have to find some other men to fight them because we are going to change prescriptions. They are going to have to change doctors, because we are not going to fight for them. that is what they are going to realize. There is now a more militant attitude even within the military itself....

Editorial Note: Later as Democratic senator from Massachusetts, John Kerry joined 61 others in favor of a nonbinding resolution to lift the U.S. trade embargo against Vietnam. The original embargo began against the Democratic Republic of Vietnam in 1964 and extended to the united Socialist Republic of Vietnam in April 1975. Following the nonbinding senate resolution, President Clinton repealed the embargo 4 February 1994.

Return to The War at Home: The Antiwar Movement

FORD
05-29-2007, 10:00 PM
AssVibe, do you even know WHY Casey Sheehan went to Iraq in the first place??

He was supposed to be an Army chaplain. That's what he signed up for. For some reason he ended up working as a mechanic, which is what capacity he was working in when he was killed.

He went there to serve God. Not a greedy ass monkey. And his mother asked a simple question which still has NOT been answered:

For what "noble cause" did my son have to die??

Nickdfresh
05-29-2007, 10:00 PM

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F2DDg3dl0zY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F2DDg3dl0zY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

http://www.richmond.edu/~ebolt/history398/JohnKerryTestimony.html

VIETNAM WAR VETERAN JOHN KERRY'S TESTIMONY BEFORE THE SENATE FOREIGN RELATIONS COMMITTEE, APRIL 22, 1971
Editorial Notes by Dr. Ernest Bolt, University of Richmond

By April 1971, with at least seven legislative proposals relating to the Vietnam war under consideration, the Senate Foreign Relations Committee chaired by Senator William Fulbright (Democrat-Arkansas) began to hear testimony. On the third day of hearings, six members of the committee heard comments by John Kerry, a leader of the major veterans organization opposing continuation of the war. Kerry was the only representative of Vietnam Veterans Against the War (VVAW) who testified on April 22, but others in VVAW were in the audience and at times supported his remarks with applause.

The committee began the hearing April 20 and continued to receive testimony for four days in April and for seven days throughout May, 1971. The full testimony heard by the committee, including that of Kerry, is in Legislative Proposals Relating to the War in Southeast Asia, Hearings before the Committee on Foreign Relations, United States Senate, Ninety-Second Congress, First Session (April-May 1971), Washington: Government Printing Office, 1971. Subject breaks in Kerry's testimony were provided by the Senate staff in the form of subtitles, which in some cases are retained below. Additional editorial notes are provided by Professor Bolt. Excerpts from Kerry's testimony are from pages 180, 181-183, 184, 185, 195, 204, and 208.

Statement of Mr. John Kerry
...I am not here as John Kerry. I am here as one member of the group of 1,000 which is a small representation of a very much larger group of veterans in this country, and were it possible for all of them to sit at this table they would be here and have the same kind of testimony....

WINTER SOLDIER INVESTIGATION
I would like to talk, representing all those veterans, and say that several months ago in Detroit, we had an investigation at which over 150 honorably discharged and many very highly decorated veterans testified to war crimes committed in Southeast Asia, not isolated incidents but crimes committed on a day-to-day basis with the full awareness of officers at all levels of command....

They told the stories at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war, and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country.

We call this investigation the "Winter Soldier Investigation." The term "Winter Soldier" is a play on words of Thomas Paine in 1776 when he spoke of the Sunshine Patriot and summertime soldiers who deserted at Valley Forge because the going was rough.

We who have come here to Washington have come here because we f eel we have to be winter soldiers now. We could come back to this country; we could be quiet; we could hold our silence; we could not tell what went on in Vietnam, but we feel because of what threatens this country, the fact that the crimes threaten it, not reds, and not redcoats but the crimes which we are committing that threaten it, that we have to speak out.

FEELINGS OF MEN COMING BACK FROM VIETNAM
...In our opinion, and from our experience, there is nothing in South Vietnam, nothing which could happen that realistically threatens the United States of America. And to attempt to justify the loss of one American life in Vietnam, Cambodia, or Laos by linking such loss to the preservation of freedom, which those misfits supposedly abuse, is to us the height of criminal hypocrisy, and it is that kind of hypocrisy which we feel has torn this country apart....

WHAT WAS FOUND AND LEARNED IN VIETNAM
We found that not only was it a civil war, an effort by a people who had for years been seeking their liberation from any colonial influence whatsoever, but also we found that the Vietnamese whom we had enthusiastically molded after our own image were hard put to take up the fight against the threat we were supposedly saving them from.

We found most people didn't even know the difference between communism and democracy. They only wanted to work in rice paddies without helicopters strafing them and bombs with napalm burning their villages and tearing their country apart. They wanted everything to do with the war, particularly with this foreign presence of the United States of America, to leave them alone on peace, and they practiced the art of survival by siding with whichever military force was present at a particular time, be it Vietcong, North Vietnamese, or American.

We found also that all too often American men were dying in those rice paddies for want of support from their allies. We saw first hand how money from American taxes was used for a corrupt dictatorial regime. We saw that many people in this country had a one-sided idea of who was kept free by our flag, as blacks provided the highest percentage of casualties. We saw Vietnam ravaged equally by American bombs as well as by search and destroy missions, as well as by Vietcong terrorism, and yet we listened while this country tried to blame all of the havoc on the Viet Cong.

We rationalized destroying villages in order to save them. We saw America lose her sense of morality as she accepted very coolly a My Lai and refused to give up the image of American soldiers who hand out chocolate bars and chewing gum.

We learned the meaning of free fire zones, shooting anything that moves, and we watched while America placed a cheapness on the lives of orientals.

We watched the U.S. falsification of body counts, in fact the glorification of body counts. We listened while month after month we were told the back of the enemy was about to break. We fought using weapons against "oriental human beings," with quotation marks around that. We fought using weapons against those people which I do not believe this country would dream of using were we fighting in the European theater or let us say a non-third-world people theater, and so we watched while men charged up hills because a general said that hill has to be taken, and after losing one platoon or two platoons they marched away to leave the high for the reoccupation by the North Vietnamese because we watched pride allow the most unimportant of battles to be blown into extravaganzas, because we couldn't lose, and we couldn't retreat, and because it didn't matter how many American bodies were lost to prove that point. And so there were Hamburger Hills and Khe Sanhs and Hill 881's and Fire Base 6's and so many others.

VIETNAMIZATION
Now we are told that the men who fought there must watch quietly while American lives are lost so that we can exercise the incredible arrogance of Vietnamizing the Vietnamese....

Each day to facilitate the process by which the United States washes her hands of Vietnam someone has to give up his life so that the United States doen'st have to admit something that the entire world already knows, so that we can't say they we have made a mistake. Someone has to die so that President Nixon won't be, and these are his words, "the first President to lose a war."

We are asking Americans to think about that because how do you ask a man to be the last man to die in Vietnam? How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake? But we are trying to do that, and we are doing it with thousands of rationalizations, and if you read carefully the President's last speech to the people of this country, you can see that he says and says clearly:

But the issue, gentlemen, the issue is communism, and the question is whether or not we will leave that country to the Communists or whether or not we will try to give it hope to be a free people.

But the point is they are not a free people now under us. They are not a free people, and we cannot fight communism all over the world, and I think we should have learned that lesson by now....

REQUEST FOR ACTION BY CONGRESS
We are asking here in Washington for some action, action from the Congress of the United States of America which as the power to raise and maintain armies, and which by the Constitution also has the power to declare war.

We have come here, not to the President, because we believe that this body can be responsive to the will of the people, and we believe that the will of the people says that we should be out of Vietnam now....

WHERE IS THE LEADERSHIP?
We are also here to ask, and we are here to ask vehemently, where are the leaders of our country? Where is the leadership? We are here to ask where are McNamara, Rostow, Bundy, Gilpatric, and so many others. Where are they now that we, the men whom they sent off to war, have returned? These are commanders who have deserted their troops, and there is no more serious crime in the law of war. The Army says they never leave their wounded.

The Marines say they never leave even their dead. These men have left all the casualties and retreated behind a pious shield of public rectitude. They have left the real stuff of their reputations bleaching begin them in the sun in this country....

Editorial Note: Concluding his formal statement, Kerry commented about administration attempts to disown veterans and looked forward thirty years (to 2001) when the nation could look back proudly to a time when it turned from this war and the hate and fears driving us in Vietnam.

Following his formal testimony, the committee members questioned him during their discussion of some of the legislative proposals under consideration. In the course of this discussion, Kerry spoke with considerable familiarity and understanding about disengagement and withdrawal proposals being considered. In response to a question from Senator Aiken, Kerry endorsed "extensive reparations to the people of Indochina" as a "very definite obligation" of the U.S. (p. 191).
Kerry also commented on growth of American opposition to the war, the actions of Lt. Calley at My Lai, and strategic implications of the war.

...It is my opinion that the United States is still reacting in very much the 1945 mood and postwar cold-war period when we reacted to the forces which were at work in World War II and came out of it with this paranoia about the Russians and how the world was going to be divided up between the super powers, and the foreign policy of John Foster Dulles which was responsible for the created of the SEATO treaty, which was, in fact, a direct reaction to this so-called Communist monolith. And I think we are reacting under cold-war precepts which are no longer applicable.

I say that because so long as we have the kind of strike force we have, and I am not party to the secret statistics which you gentlemen have here, but as long as we have the ones which we of the public know we have, I think we have a strike force of such capability and I think we have a strike force simply in our Polaris submarines, in the 62 or some Polaris submarines, which are constantly roaming around under the sea. And I know as a Navy man that underwater detection is the hardest kind in the world, and they have not perfected it, that we have the ability to destroy the human race. Why do we have to, therefore, consider and keep considering threats?

At any time that an actual threat is posed to this country or to the security and freedom I will be one of the first people to pick up a gun and defend it, but right now we are reacting with paranoia t this question of peace and the people taking over the world. I think if were are ever going to get down to the question of dropping those bombs most of us in my generation simply don't want to be alive afterwards because of the kind of world that it would be with mutations and the genetic probabilities of freaks and everything else.

Therefore, I think it is ridiculous to assume we have to play this power game based on total warfare. I think there will be guerrilla wars and I think we must have a capability to fight those. And we may have to fight them somewhere based on legitimate threats, but we must learn, in this country, how to define those threats and that is what I would say to the question of world peace. I think it is bogus, totally artificial. There is no threat. The Communists are not about to take over our McDonald hamburger stands. [Laughter.]...

Editorial Note: Kerry's exchange with the senators consumed two complete hours, ranging from earlier French experiences in Indochina to the status of the war in 1971. Kerry faulted the electronic press for failure to report a recent antiwar conference because of its lack of "visual" appeal and entertainment value. He also cited the "exorbitant" power of the Executive, faulting Congress.

In response to Senator Symington's inquiry about American men and women still in Vietnam and their attitude toward opposition to the war within Congress, Kerry offered the following comments.

...I don't want to get into the game of saying I represent everybody over there, but let me try to say as straightforwardly as I can, we had an advertisement, ran full page, to show you what the troops read. It ran in Playboy and the response to it within two and a half weeks from Vietnam was 1,200 members. We received initially about 50 to 80 letters a day from troops arriving at our New York office. Some of these letters -- and I wanted to bring some down, I didn't know we were going to be testifying here and I can make them available to you -- are very, very moving, some of them written by hospital corpsmen on things, on casualty report sheets which say, you know, "Get us out of here." "You are the only hope he have got." "You have got to get us back; it is crazy." We received recently 80 members of the 101st Airborne signed up in one letter. Forty members from a helicopter assault squadron, crash and rescue mission signed up in another one.

I think they are expressing, some of these troops, solidarity with us, right now by wearing black arm bands and Vietnam Veterans Against the War buttons. They want to come out and I think they are looking at the people who want to try to get them out as a help.

However, I do recognize there are some men who are in the military for life. The job in the military is to fight wars. When they have a war to fight, they are just as happy in a sense, and I am sure that these men feel they are being stabbed in the back. But, at the same time, I think to most of them the realization of the emptiness, the hollowness, the absurdity of Vietnam has finally hit home, and I feel is they did come home the recrimination would certainly not come from the right, from the military. I don't think there would be that problem....

Editorial Note: Kerry returned to the theme of the mood of troops in Vietnam and back home as he concluded his testimony.

...You see the mind is changing over there and a search and destroy mission is a search and avoid mission, and troops don't -- you know, like that revolt that took place that was mentioned in the New York Times when they refused to go in after a piece of dead machinery, because it doesn't have any value. They are making their own judgments.

There is a GI movement in this country now as well as over there, and soon these people, these men, who are prescribing wars for these young men to fight are going to find out they are going to have to find some other men to fight them because we are going to change prescriptions. They are going to have to change doctors, because we are not going to fight for them. that is what they are going to realize. There is now a more militant attitude even within the military itself....

Editorial Note: Later as Democratic senator from Massachusetts, John Kerry joined 61 others in favor of a nonbinding resolution to lift the U.S. trade embargo against Vietnam. The original embargo began against the Democratic Republic of Vietnam in 1964 and extended to the united Socialist Republic of Vietnam in April 1975. Following the nonbinding senate resolution, President Clinton repealed the embargo 4 February 1994.

Return to The War at Home: The Antiwar Movement

Which war did he start, Ms.AnalVibrator?

BTW, he sounds a lot like Ron Paul there. Dr. Ron Paul...

LoungeMachine
05-29-2007, 10:10 PM
You're a dickless ass.

And that turns me on!!!

figured as much.

:gulp:

Keef
05-29-2007, 10:15 PM
She's taking her game and going home because the Dems threw her overboard!

Fish and relatives eh Cindy?

She pushed for a change, when that change did not come.. here we are.

I could have saved her the trouble. The Dems/Reps are rubbing each other. Isn't it obvious? I knew none of this shit would change. It's a joke. The election's, everything..

Us and them i am afraid:(

Big Train
05-29-2007, 10:34 PM
Who pussed out and changed the thread title? She said what she said and then I repeated it in the thread title. The phrase is important as for what she feels and how the dems made her feel. I know it doesn't feel good, but it is the truth. Why take it down?

While I wish her well and in no way am I trying to attack, I certainly didn't say what's now in the thread title.

Who is the thought cop?

knuckleboner
05-29-2007, 10:36 PM
lounge changed it. you can see it in your original post...

LoungeMachine
05-29-2007, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
Who pussed out and changed the thread title? She said what she said and then I repeated it in the thread title. The phrase is important as for what she feels and how the dems made her feel. I know it doesn't feel good, but it is the truth. Why take it down?

While I wish her well and in no way am I trying to attack, I certainly didn't say what's now in the thread title.

Who is the thought cop?

:rolleyes:

She called herself a fucking attention whore? when? where? link?

Get over yourself/it.

Feel free to start another one. I won't be back on for another week or so.

Cheers.

Big Train
05-29-2007, 10:51 PM
She was called that by team Democrat.

Nothing to get over, other than why not just start a Cindy Sheehan lovefest thread? Changing the title changes the course of the thread.

Just saying it was a lame move...hope you can handle my light criticism of your mod duties. Take a week off, get rested.

LoungeMachine
05-29-2007, 11:05 PM
This was nice.

Let's get together again, soon.

LoungeMachine
05-29-2007, 11:07 PM
She was called that by team Democrat.

LMAO

Link?

:lol:

This should be good.

Big Train
05-29-2007, 11:14 PM
It was good. Let's have stronger coffee next time, you need it.

From the original link..

I have endured a lot of smear and hatred since Casey was killed and especially since I became the so-called "Face" of the American anti-war movement. Especially since I renounced any tie I have remaining with the Democratic Party, I have been further trashed on such "liberal blogs" as the Democratic Underground. Being called an "attention whore" and being told "good riddance" are some of the more milder rebukes.

The Democratic Underground isn't a Neo-Con journal last I checked.

FORD
05-29-2007, 11:30 PM

The Democratic Underground isn't a Neo-Con journal last I checked.

The people who made such comments might as well be. There are two groups at DU who are among the most vile scumbags on the planet. The first are the DLC interns who do nothing but bash liberals and traditional Democrats 24/7. The second group are infiltrators from This Likud Zionfascist propaganda site (http://prosemiteundercover.phpbbnow.com/) who have made it their mission in life to have any criticism of Israel purged from the Internet.

I've seen the Cindy bashing threads at DU and I could tell you exactly which trolls are from which group.

DEMON CUNT
05-29-2007, 11:47 PM

You are the cunt.

Fucking cowards like you use your freedom to attack mourning mothers.

Cindy took on half the country and all you can do is call her names.

What a pathetic little man you must be.

Enjoy your freedom, coward.

DEMON CUNT
05-29-2007, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by MsSaddBawls (He whose breath smells of Clay Aiken's taint!)

Who the fuck is John Kerry?

Are you trying to hurt our feelings with this shit?

DEMON CUNT
05-30-2007, 02:14 AM

Who the fuck are you to judge Casey's "honor"? That is absolutely delusional.

You really think that this is up to you to decide? Fuck off.

Sorry, fatboy. You ain't that important.

Are you a Ron Paul supporter because you fancy yourself a libertarian? Bitch, please.

Yours is the speech of a blood thirsy warmonger.

Big Train
05-30-2007, 02:56 AM
Well , at any rate, she is blaming the Dems essentially for using and abusing her. I'm not trying to score points, but a little evenhandedness goes a long way

DrMaddVibe
05-30-2007, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
figured as much.

Too bad you aren't the wordsmith on your suck ass albums.

Ellyllions
05-30-2007, 07:08 AM
Yes, God bless Cindy.

I saw this thread yesterday and heard about the whole story on the news. I've felt sorry for Cindy from day one. And I've been pissed off at the people around her who used her for a political tool. That's why she's leaving, ya'll. She had faith that she'd have important backing and when the people who told her that they "backed" her got what they wanted, they hung her out to dry.

I'm glad she's going home to her family. I'm glad they're taking her back. I can't imagine the pain she's gone through since Casey was killed. As a matter of fact, my son is heading into the Marines (not enlisting but on Commission through College) next fall. So my heart genuinely has gone out to her from day one.

If my baby were to be killed in action, somebody would have to put me in a padded room for a few years.

I hope she has tons of fond memories of Casey and that she can find peace.

fryingdutchman
05-30-2007, 07:49 AM
Didn't this thread used to have a different title?

Who's pulling some shenanigans?

ODShowtime
05-30-2007, 08:26 AM
You're a dickless ass.

I should be ashamed? Me? Not the cunt that talked to the President and didn't have a harsh word to say, but when Michael Moore and his crowd decided to give her a stage and eat from his trough she decided that she did have something negative to say? I should be ashamed? Ever hear what the rest of Casey's family had to say about her? Yey, I should be ashamed?

The ONLY hatred is for her disgracing a soldiers honor. He reenlisted. He knew what he was doing, he wasn't a wet behind the ears little school boy. Yeah, he was somebody's son and that mother used his memory for political gain, an audience and threw in the towel because she's a liability now. I'm supposed to be ashamed? FUCK YOU! You were the last to understand what she was and the last to throw her useless carcass to the buzzards. She, by her own admission is an attention whore, but I'm supposed to be ashamed? I didn't spend all of the money on a VW and some land in Crawford, TX! I would've honored my son with a tombstone instead, yet I'm supposed to be ashamed? Check yourself at the door with that bullshit.

The only thing she had, nobody wants. Now she's going home because nobody wants to hear her loud mouth. Yet I'm supposed to be ashamed...LMAOAY!

No, you're a worthless, toothless cocksmoker.

I never championed her. I couldn't give a shit. But what you pretty much said is:

"I hate this woman for speaking her mind so much that I want her soldier son to have all his honor squandered. He deserves this for what his mother had done."

SO FUCK YOU ASSHOLE. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF WHAT YOU JUST TYPED BECAUSE IT'S SHAMEFUL. IF YOU'RE NOT ASHAMED, IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE AN IGNORANT FUCK!

and BTW, I am not the personification of the liberal left, idiot.

ODShowtime
05-30-2007, 08:31 AM
You are the cunt.

I think assvide would be happier in pakistan where they bomb the fuck out of you if you're not completely in step with the mullahs.

Grow your beard, beat your ugly wife, and get the fuck out!

Lqskdiver
05-30-2007, 10:47 AM
The only person on this earth that screwed Cheehan was herself. Her self loathing and her cause alienated her from everyone.

What exactly did she accomplish? Does she have a foundation, scholarship fund, memorial in honor of her son? Have her actions actually helped others?

The only things I've seen to come out of this are negative.

1. She alienated herself from her family and created a public feud with them that's shaken the foundation of the family.

2. Ignored her living children.

3. Abandoned her husband, which resulted in the dissolution of their marriage.

4. Spent his insurance money on an empty plot of land for her protester friends (land she's now trying to sell).

So again, I'll ask what did she accomplish? She lost her son, which is a terrible terrible thing for a parent to have to go through. She also lost the rest of her family, which is something that didn't have to happen, but she caused.

My beef with this woman is this whole situation (very quickly) stopped being about Casey and was about her and her cause. She also did not protest the war until after he died. She admits to being "cautious" as to why we went there from the get go, but never actually being antiwar until he died.

Nickdfresh
05-30-2007, 06:42 PM
You are the cunt.

Maybe one day, he'll give one of his children to the War, if he doesn't feminize them too much by watching American Idol...

DrMaddVibe
05-30-2007, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
No, you're a worthless, toothless cocksmoker.

I never championed her. I couldn't give a shit. But what you pretty much said is:

"I hate this woman for speaking her mind so much that I want her soldier son to have all his honor squandered. He deserves this for what his mother had done."

SO FUCK YOU ASSHOLE. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF WHAT YOU JUST TYPED BECAUSE IT'S SHAMEFUL. IF YOU'RE NOT ASHAMED, IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE AN IGNORANT FUCK!

and BTW, I am not the personification of the liberal left, idiot.

You'd better go back and reread what I wrote dumbass.

Sheehan is the one that squeezed every drop of honor out of Casey, not me jackass.

She used his memory for political clout.

I called it the way I see it, and I'm not ignorant. You're pissed because deep down, your fucking side used her and abused her and it makes you all look like the douchebags you are.

You're not the liberal left, you're just a fuckhead with a big mouth that's never done anything with your life.

DrMaddVibe
05-30-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
LMAO

Link?

:lol:

This should be good.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/5/28/12530/1525

ODShowtime
05-30-2007, 10:31 PM
You'd better go back and reread what I wrote dumbass.

Re-reading nonsense isn't going to make it more clear.

What political clout? Was she going to run for president? Was she trying to land a government contract? She spoke up because she was naive and wanted to change things. Some people are motivated by what's right, not by personal profit. I know that's very difficult for someone such as yourself to understand, but it's true.

It has nothing to do with sides. I don't like the dems any more than the repubs.

BUT SO FAR RECENTLY THE DEMS HAVEN'T STARTED A WAR AND THEN RUBBER STAMPED THE GODDAMN THING WHEN IT WAS A CLUSTER FUCK!!!!

I was talking today about my thirst for revenge following 9-11. Yes, I wanted innocent ragheads to die in the streets clutching their donkeys. But that subsided in a week or so. We have no vindication. We have no revenge. Just a bunch of god-damned dead rag heads and morons like you trying to justify it.

Like I said, if you had a clue, you'd be ashamed of yourself. Ignorance is bliss!:o

DEMON CUNT
05-31-2007, 02:48 AM
Sheehan is the one that squeezed every drop of honor out of Casey, not me jackass.

Nope, you do not get to decide how much honor Casey is due.

This is stupid political hackery doublespeak. It gives you a self-righteous podium to preach your hatred. You enjoy hating this woman. It's pathetic.

DEMON CUNT
05-31-2007, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by Ellyllions
She had faith that she'd have important backing and when the people who told her that they "backed" her got what they wanted, they hung her out to dry.

Thank you for that. I am touched by your story. My best to your boy.

This is the kind of understanding that is going to change America for the better.

Cindy Sheehan is an American and that makes her one of us.

Ellyllions
05-31-2007, 08:40 AM
Wow, thanks DC!

My boy has never wanted to be anything but a Marine. So when he was 11, he wanted to enroll in the Young Marines. He stayed in until he was about 15 years old and left amicably as a YM Corporal. He loved it. He traveled the country staying on bases and being trained by real Marines, even spent 14 days in Huntsville, AL on an encampment with Marines and Navy Seals.

It makes sense to him. The entire lifestyle of a soldier. He doesn't care about money so the "executive" lifestyle isn't attractive to him. He feels soldiering is a deeply rooted thing that those who don't have it, doesn't understand. He would enlist tomorrow if he could even though it would mean getting a rushed basic training just so he could carry a gun in Iraq.

And while I don't fully understand it, it is who he is and I have to accept it. The best I can do is to (hopefully) give him the best opportunity to fulfill his dream to his highest potential. If that means getting a second or third mortgage to pay for him to get to a Military college. I'd much rather him go that route than just sheer enlistment.

So, I can't help but feel sorry for Cindy even if I don't agree with everything she said. She is the mother of a fallen soldier, and that could very easily be me one day. I don't think I'd handle it quite the way she did, but I'd certainly take it hard enough to want to make some kind of change in his honor.

DEMON CUNT
05-31-2007, 09:58 PM
Sure thing, Elly.

I am extremely thankful for Americans like your son.

I feel that I have a great responsibility to those who are willing to defend our country. That is why I insist that they not be put in 'harm's way' unless absolutely necessary.

He is very lucky to have such supportive parents.

Nickdfresh
05-31-2007, 10:54 PM
Yes, God bless Cindy.

I saw this thread yesterday and heard about the whole story on the news. I've felt sorry for Cindy from day one. And I've been pissed off at the people around her who used her for a political tool. That's why she's leaving, ya'll. She had faith that she'd have important backing and when the people who told her that they "backed" her got what they wanted, they hung her out to dry.

I'm glad she's going home to her family. I'm glad they're taking her back. I can't imagine the pain she's gone through since Casey was killed. As a matter of fact, my son is heading into the Marines (not enlisting but on Commission through College) next fall. So my heart genuinely has gone out to her from day one.

If my baby were to be killed in action, somebody would have to put me in a padded room for a few years.

God bless, and Godspeed to, your son Elly...

Red White
05-31-2007, 11:30 PM
Her filthy mouth is enough to get 50 Imus clones fired.

All the Dildos that promote this crap(Cindy), bitch like crazy when someone sais, she is wrong.

Then the discrepants are accused of being pro murder .

Ellyllions
06-01-2007, 07:20 AM
Red, I actually know someone who has that name. Fer real. Mr. Red White.

Anyway, Nick and DC...thanks again. But, it's not me...it's my baby boy. I'll tell him you said so.

Guitar Shark
06-01-2007, 10:57 AM
Anyway, Nick and DC...thanks again. But, it's not me...it's my baby boy. I'll tell him you said so.

Hee hee... I can just hear this conversation.

"Son, I have a message for you. It's from Nickdfresh and DEMON CUNT. They want to thank you for what you're doing and they wish you all the best."

"Who?"

"Nickdfresh and DEMON CUNT."

"What cunt?"

"DEMON CUNT."

"Is that some kind of joke or something? What's a demon cunt?"

"Now that you mention it, I'm not really sure..."

;)

Ellyllions
06-01-2007, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Hee hee... I can just hear this conversation.

"Son, I have a message for you. It's from Nickdfresh and DEMON CUNT. They want to thank you for what you're doing and they wish you all the best."

"Who?"

"Nickdfresh and DEMON CUNT."

"What cunt?"

"DEMON CUNT."

"Is that some kind of joke or something? What's a demon cunt?"

"Now that you mention it, I'm not really sure..."

;)

Ha! He'd call me down if I said cunt in front of him.
His little perfect mom isn't allowed to curse. When I slip up I can depend on him to chastise me about it. He says that I'm too sweet to use such ugly language.

What he don't know won't hurt him.:D

WACF
06-01-2007, 02:15 PM
Ha! He'd call me down if I said cunt in front of him.

What he don't know won't hurt him.:D

LOL....you have done a wonderful job then...congrats!