PDA

View Full Version : Fort Lewis to consolidate memorials for dead

DEMON CUNT
05-31-2007, 10:18 PM
Fort Lewis to consolidate memorials for dead

Michael Gilbert
The News Tribune

Fort Lewis, which this month has suffered its worst losses of the war, will no longer conduct individual memorial ceremonies for soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Instead, the post will hold one ceremony for all soldiers killed each month, the Fort Lewis acting commanding general, Brig. Gen. William Troy, wrote in a memo to commanders and staff last week.

“As much as we would like to think otherwise, I am afraid that with the number of soldiers we now have in harm’s way, our losses will preclude us from continuing to do individual memorial ceremonies,”

“This is not an intent to streamline the process or in any way detract from honoring the soldiers,” Van Dyken said. “It’s just being cognizant of the fact that when you have this many, the time involved in doing each one individually is just prohibitive.”

More... (http://www.theolympian.com/news/story/120193.html)

http://www.apfn.org/APFN/soldiers-coffins.jpg

FORD
05-31-2007, 10:22 PM
Yeah, it's been a shitty month around here. Thanks Chimpy :(

Nickdfresh
05-31-2007, 10:48 PM
WTF?! When do they just start bulldozing the fallen into mass graves? :mad:

FORD
05-31-2007, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
WTF?! When do they just start bulldozing the fallen into mass graves? :mad:

They started that in the 9-11 Coverup er, uh, cleanup.

WACF
06-01-2007, 12:57 AM
Oh...think of the money they will save.

To not honour each soldier is a disgrace...regardless if the death was combat or a training accident.

DEMON CUNT
06-01-2007, 01:06 AM
I don't see the Sheehan bashers here talking up their "honor" rhetoric. Bitches.

VanHalener
06-01-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
I don't see the Sheehan bashers here talking up their "honor" rhetoric. Bitches.

Sheehan is a piece of shite!

As for my brothers at Ft Lewis...I am not sure as of yet how I feel about the mass funerals. In the mean time...

ALL THE WAY!
:cato2: :daisy: :cato2:

Nitro Express
06-01-2007, 02:15 PM
We talk the talk but don't walk the walk. The Walter Reed scandal, sending dead soldiers home as frieght when military transport planes could fly them home in a dignified manner.

I get tired of hearing all the "We Support the Troops" when in reality, everyone stateside is really into lining their pockets selling the country out and the only people really affected by this war is those who get killed, injured, and their families and oh yeah, the soldier we supported is comming home as airfrieght to be memorialized in a inpersonal, "sorry but there are just too many", cost saving govt. K car with vynle seats funeral service.

Give me a fucking break. We are sending a loud and clear message that we don't give a fuck about soldiers and no wonder they are leaving and no more are signing up. It's one thing to go to battle, it's another to fight for people who don't give a shit.

Nitro Express
06-01-2007, 02:21 PM
They say we have become a disposable society from Gillet shavers, Bic Pens, appliances that arer unfixable and made of plastic, cars you toss away. Now soldiers. You toss them like an empty McDonalds hamburger wrapper.

DEMON CUNT
06-02-2007, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by vanhalener
Sheehan is a piece of shite!

As for my brothers at Ft Lewis...I am not sure as of yet how I feel about the mass funerals.

Really?

So you have a strong opinion of Sheehan but none on the treatment of soldiers and their families?

Are you retarded? Are you Canadian?

Angel
06-06-2007, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
So you have a strong opinion of Sheehan but none on the treatment of soldiers and their families?

Are you retarded? Are you Canadian?

Why would you even ask if he was Canadian? You think we don't give a shit about soldiers? At least we have public repatriation for our fallen troops. Yup, we get to actually see the flag-draped coffins returning home... and I shed a tear and say thank you to each and every one.