PDA

View Full Version : Well, it's Hurricane Season

FORD
05-31-2007, 11:07 PM
They're predicting a heavy hurricane season this year. After getting off relatively easy last year, what are the odds that you'll make it through without a major event two years in a row??

Any observations from those in the global warming bullseye??

PlexiBrown
05-31-2007, 11:15 PM
We are due for one here in Myrtle Beach. It has been dry as hell here though. I was at my friends house the other day and this fire broke out in the woods behind her house. Fortunately, the wind wasn't blowing toward the house.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r156/plexibrown/work01.jpg

FORD
05-31-2007, 11:34 PM
YIKES!! Yeah, that would be a little too close for comfort.

Are the wildfires bad all over the South? I know Georgia had some a little while back.

PlexiBrown
05-31-2007, 11:46 PM
Are the wildfires bad all over the South? I know Georgia had some a little while back.

Not as bad as you would think so far. There are a lot of places that sell fireworks here and as dry as it is, people are still launching them. It is only a matter of time before another fire breaks out unless we get some rain. There is none in the forcast thought. It has been in the 80's and sunny here for a long time.

Little Texan
06-01-2007, 01:01 AM
I dread to think how high the gas prices will get if there is a major hurricane this year! They are already at record highs, and if a major storm makes landfall, we're looking at $5.00 a gallon or more! Hurricanes...just another excuse for the oil companies to fuck us even more than they have already!

FORD
06-01-2007, 01:43 AM
Almost enough to make you think Phil the Stalker was on to something with his HAARP weather disruption machine theories......

ODShowtime
06-01-2007, 08:20 AM
Well, I have an apartment right on Tampa Bay... and my hurriance protection is... insurance. I have nowhere to store plywood or anything. I guess if the big one's bearing down I'll put all my shit in the bathroom.

So it hasn't rained in ages... and now I'm trying to get back to Tampa from Ft Lauderdale today. So of course there's T storms everywhere and delays are predicted. Might have to make a pitstop at Cheetahs...

It's gonna get wild this year, I can feel it.

Little Texan
06-01-2007, 11:35 PM
Florida could probably use a weak hurricane or tropical storm right about now for the rain it could provide, as dry as it is there!

Little Texan
06-02-2007, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Little Texan
Florida could probably use a weak hurricane or tropical storm right about now for the rain it could provide, as dry as it is there!

Funny, after I posted that I found out that there is a tropical storm (http://www.kcautv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6600875) headed for Florida right now!

scamper
06-02-2007, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by FORD
They're predicting a heavy hurricane season this year. After getting off relatively easy last year, what are the odds that you'll make it through without a major event two years in a row??

Any observations from those in the global warming bullseye??

Yeah they predicted it last year too. It's all a guessing game, thats why I'm not too fired up about the whole global warming thing.

ODShowtime
06-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Little Texan

We did need one... and Barry obliged about a hour ago. Damn it rained hard.