PDA

View Full Version : Definition of "Rich"

studly hungwell
06-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Watching Dem Prez debate tonight and witnessed a collective stutter. An audience member asked the panel to define "rich". Edwards didn't flinch with an answer of 200K a year. Obama struggled with 250K per year. Isn't this the ultimate Dem tool?....Class warfare? Rich is totally subjective.....this gray area can feed alot of hate and fear for the unwashed masses. I think, from my viewpoint, that people that make 100K per year are rich. Some may think that people that make 80K per year are rich.

Following this question there were many mentions of "fairness". Well, what's unfair? Do the rich earn what they get or don't they? I totally agree that if some people are getting "prizes" while the rest of us are not then we need some "fairness". But, that's not really the case. The "rich" earn their money just as the middle class does. So what's fair? Should we immediately assume wrongdoing and a need for justice when we see someone doing better than us? Should we punish the "rich"? Ask yourself honestly....For every Bill gates that recieves punishment from you.....you will be recieving punishment from Deadbeat McHobo. Mr. McHobo thinks you are rich and in need of some fairness.

DrMaddVibe
06-03-2007, 10:19 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cl3x_nKyaFs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cl3x_nKyaFs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

PlexiBrown
06-03-2007, 10:29 PM
A single guy making 200K a year is not the same as a guy with a wife and 8 kids making 200K a year. In this case, the single guy is way closer to "rich" than the married guy with the kids. To me, rich is not having to work anymore because you have plenty of money to last you the rest of your life.

DrMaddVibe
06-03-2007, 10:36 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OP273XUgzfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OP273XUgzfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Seshmeister
06-03-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by PlexiBrown
A single guy making 200K a year is not the same as a guy with a wife and 8 kids making 200K a year. In this case, the single guy is way closer to "rich" than the married guy with the kids. To me, rich is not having to work anymore because you have plenty of money to last you the rest of your life.

I don't think that's such a good example.

I think 200K with 8 kids as a single earner would bring you back down to just about average disposable income but you could say the same thing about a single guy that chooses to have a couple of Ferraris.

scamper
06-03-2007, 11:30 PM
This is the problem, we all know not to discriminate based on race but income is OK, BULLSHIT.

Redballjets88
06-03-2007, 11:32 PM
IMO 500k + a year is rich

DEMON CUNT
06-04-2007, 04:15 AM
Studly has a good point. I don't really like those answers either.

And that Chapelle clip posted by MsSaddBalls is one of my favorites. I love it when he honks that horn.

Flat tax, bitch! Beep beep.

Ellyllions
06-04-2007, 06:43 AM
Edwards said 200K a year? Is he kidding? I know where he lives, I know this area and 200K a year means you're only in the median here.
Where were the debates taking place? Exact location?

Edwards is such a complete pandering tool.
Gosh, I'd love to meet him...

matt19
06-04-2007, 10:09 AM
I think everyone has their own definition of what "rich" is. Someone who is happy making 25k a year is "rich". So long as they are happy.

binnie
06-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by PlexiBrown
To me, rich is not having to work anymore because you have plenty of money to last you the rest of your life.

I think that's a good rule of thumb, with one exception. There are a lot of reitred people who have a comfortable amount of wealth and never have to work again who wouldn't be considered "rich", they jhave just had longer to save etc...

I would say "rich" is anyone under 50 who is in a position never to have to worry about money again.

DEMON CUNT
06-04-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Ellyllions
Edwards is such a complete pandering tool.
Gosh, I'd love to meet him...

Come now, Elly.

Remember, like Bush, John Edwards 'is nothing more than a man.'

What would you do if you met him?

ELVIS
06-04-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by matt19
I think everyone has their own definition of what "rich" is. Someone who is happy making 25k a year is "rich". So long as they are happy.

Say that when you're closer to 40 and been working your ass off for the last 20 or so years...

:elvis:

Ellyllions
06-04-2007, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
Come now, Elly.

Remember, like Bush, John Edwards 'is nothing more than a man.'

What would you do if you met him?

What would I do if I met him?
Mess up his hair.

DEMON CUNT
06-04-2007, 12:27 PM
What would I do if I met him?
Mess up his hair.

Ha ha!

I would like to see that because his hair resembles a helmet. I wish he had Bon Jovi hair or Pat Swayze's Roadhouse look instead of the middle aged fratboy doo.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
06-04-2007, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Say that when you're closer to 40 and been working your ass off for the last 20 or so years...

Sounds like someone could use a drink...

Redballjets88
06-04-2007, 12:40 PM
they just said those numbers so they wouldnt piss off poor people

Redballjets88
06-04-2007, 12:40 PM

DEMON CUNT
06-04-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88

How do you figure this?

ELVIS
06-04-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
Sounds like someone could use a drink...

Definitely not me...

Ellyllions
06-04-2007, 02:51 PM
Ha ha!

I would like to see that because his hair resembles a helmet. I wish he had Bon Jovi hair or Pat Swayze's Roadhouse look instead of the middle aged fratboy doo.

You know Bon Jovi's hair is a wig, right?
Yep, Sambora is wearing a "piece" and half of the (has-been) rock world have bought into it....

Too funny

DEMON CUNT
06-04-2007, 03:16 PM
You know Bon Jovi's hair is a wig, right?
Yep, Sambora is wearing a "piece" and half of the (has-been) rock world have bought into it....

Too funny

Ah jeez. Even during Bon Jovi's heyday in the late 80s? I wanna see Edwards in full-on Livin' On A Prayer hair.

To me KISS wins the fake hair contest hands down! Hell, I think that even Neil & Alex of RUSH have had some 'work done' on their scalps.

Ellyllions
06-04-2007, 04:22 PM
Geddy should've.
He and that guy from the Cars are the ugliest musicians I've ever seen.

Redballjets88
06-04-2007, 04:40 PM
How do you figure this?

for saftey. poor people hate people they consider rich, and too the "poor" demographic 200k a year is rich, so they say that to keep them happy. if they said 500k to 1 million is rich the "poor" people would say they are wrong

PlexiBrown
06-04-2007, 04:52 PM
I think 200K with 8 kids as a single earner would bring you back down to just about average disposable income but you could say the same thing about a single guy that chooses to have a couple of Ferraris.

It's all relative.

studly hungwell
06-04-2007, 06:40 PM
man, I thought I would get a bunch of smart ass responses but you guys surprised me. You seem to have put some honest thought in it. Maybe people will think twice when they hear, "their fair share", and, "the rich". This type of politics is divisive and very dishonest.

DEMON CUNT
06-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Don't be surprised. You brought something worth discussing. So we discussed it.

Thanks for that. Y'all gave me something to think about.

Spam an Ann Coulter op-ed and you'll get your smart ass responses. On second thought, don't.

matt19
06-04-2007, 07:01 PM

Sorry but i disagree.

thome
06-04-2007, 08:34 PM
I figure it was cash on hand, so what if you have a house worth 500k
what is the note 375k .In that position yeah your doing well, for a
sale at 65yrs put the assets in the market.That is what most do an that's all we can do and that is great.Even a 100k house -paid for-
and sold is a good chunk of money at 65.No gains tax.

My personal OP is if I had -1mil- in the bank getting a simple 5% in
the market, i would consider myself Rich.

Big Train
06-04-2007, 11:39 PM
Rich is when your life becomes options, not choices.

I could go to either St. Bart or Alaska or Europe, not we will HAVE to choose between camping or San Diego.

It was funny because of all their best friends are billionaires. The question probably generally perplexed them, like a game of reverse PRICE IS RIGHT! 200k..250k?

FORD
06-04-2007, 11:52 PM

Just remember.... camels, needles, and all that....... ;)

ELVIS
06-04-2007, 11:57 PM
Yeah, I'm kinda careless with money, when it comes to buying guitars and other related toys...

scamper
06-05-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by thome
the market, i would consider myself Rich.

Not anymore, it depends on how old you are do have any other income blah blah blah. Figure the gov. is going to take some of that 5%, you've got to buy gas, food, clothes, what about travel. A mill isn't what is used to be. If you're 50 or younger don't even think about trying to retire on it. 10 million would be pretty well off 20 would be rich.

ELVIS
06-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by scamper
If you're 50 or younger don't even think about trying to retire on it.

I could do it...

DEMON CUNT
06-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Not anymore, it depends on how old you are do have any other income blah blah blah. Figure the gov. is going to take some of that 5%, you've got to buy gas, food, clothes, what about travel. A mill isn't what is used to be. If you're 50 or younger don't even think about trying to retire on it. 10 million would be pretty well off 20 would be rich.

As if anyone should take financial advice from you.

http://www.gayhankies.com/catalog/images/Colt_Anal_Douche.jpg

thome
06-06-2007, 09:33 AM
[B

the market, i would consider myself Rich. [/B]

My Bar Tab is about 6 to 8,000 anually if i don't figure the cash i spend daily just my bar tab the monthly payout i give and tips well
lets say 10,000 to 11,000 per year is high but when you figure ciggs and the occasional .50 pool game at the bar....ok cool that's it.

1 mil at 5% is about 50,000 a year with all my other debts +
booze i guess i could still find a way to live on 50,000.

scamper
06-06-2007, 11:13 PM
As if anyone should take financial advice from you.

It's kind of like taking anything you say seriously. You should change your name to little bitch it fits better.

DEMON CUNT
06-07-2007, 02:24 AM
It's kind of like taking anything you say seriously. You should change your name to little bitch it fits better.

Anal douche says what?

scamper
06-07-2007, 08:01 AM
Anal douche says what?

Another clever gay reference little bitch. Get your mind off the boys.

hideyoursheep
06-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by matt19
I think everyone has their own definition of what "rich" is. Someone who is happy making 25k a year is "rich". So long as they are happy. :rolleyes: :D

So, what to do about the poor man who makes 25k?

If you have "fuck you"money, you're rich.

If you have enough to take a nice vacation, buy a boat, drive an SUV and still complain, you're just a bitch.

If you work constantly, can't keep up with mortgage payments, have no cable or phone, but have the talent to play in a band for extra scratch....

WELCOME TO THE ROTH ARMY!!

:killer:

DEMON CUNT
06-07-2007, 11:01 PM

Women need their anuses douched too, dummy.

matt19
06-07-2007, 11:55 PM

Scamper doesnt want his ass douched, he likes it all natural.

scamper
06-08-2007, 08:41 AM

If you think thats a woman in the ad you posted earlier then you got some issues little bitch, now go back to the bus stop restroom pecker checker.

scamper
06-08-2007, 08:51 AM
1 mil at 5% is about 50,000 a year with all my other debts +
booze i guess i could still find a way to live on 50,000.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone here, it can be done, but your lifestyle won't be a rich one at all. Figure if your 50 how many more years are you going to live. If you don't have any other income you will need to buy your own health insurance and as you get older it's going to cost a lot more. What about the way gas prices are going up, are you going to sit at home all day. You're betting 5% against inflation for 30 years if you live to be 80. It's not advice it's just a fact. Too many people fail to plan for the long run. If you make it to the grave at an old age without ever having to worry about money you've done something most people will never do.

scamper
06-08-2007, 08:55 AM

Oh and little bitch your statement points to the fact that you douche your ass. Let it go pickle kisser.

Ellyllions
06-08-2007, 09:19 AM

Equal Time

It’s tough not to write from anger when you’re angry. Perhaps that’s the wrong word… frustrated may be more apropos. It doesn’t even stem from the topic I’m writing about, though I’m sure it will have an effect on what finds its way to my keyboard nonetheless. Today, it’s about equality. My little aside to every “victim’s group” that has it bad because of some system.

I suppose I should start with women. If you’re an up-in-arms feminist you might as well stop reading right now. Or keep reading actually… it may be that we agree. See, I get tired of the “have it both ways” philosophy a lot of women seem to have adopted. And if this doesn’t apply to you, don’t argue it, just skip down a few paragraphs, okay? For the rest of you though, all that bitching and hell raising you or your parents or your grandparents did throughout the 20th Century worked. You wanted to vote, you wanted equal pay, you wanted to be considered equal with men… and you won! Congratulations.

But here’s the thing… If you’re gonna be equal, be equal. Not occasionally, not when its convenient, but always. You get half the bills. You get to lift heavy shit. As a matter of fact, this whole wedding thing isn’t gonna be about just you anymore either. Maybe I don’t want flowers and piano music. Maybe I want to skydive to the altar while AC/DC plays on a concert stack of 36 JBL speakers. You can stand there next to the piano and wait for me to land. And let’s do away with any law that guarantees a woman anything in the workplace too. Compete with the rest of us on the same playing field.

And some women seem to think it’s okay to hit a guy, yet have to make a Lifetime movie about when a guy pops you back. Let me preface this by saying that I’ve never hit a woman, nor would I ever do it. But if a woman wants to hit a guy simply because society says he’s not supposed to hit her back? I kinda hope he beats her like a pinata.

See, chivalry stops dead in an equal world. No more doors opened for you, no more chairs pulled out, no more guys paying for dates… Pick up the tab Princess. It’s your turn. Some of you are saying, “That’s not what we wanted… That’s those other women”. Cool. Then get your attitudinally inferior ass in the kitchen and make some brownies. Bake a pie, make the bed, raise a baby… and quit your bitching.

There is a very prevalent state of hypocrisy amongst a lot of people today. People who say they want one thing, yet actually hold themselves accountable to a completely different set of standards. Do as I say, not as I do. There was an article in Time recently by Nancy Gibbs that contained the following quote: “If there is an antidote to hypocrisy, it's humility: just admitting the possibility of weakness can be a source of strength.”

The same goes for those in the poverty bracket. Nobody owes you anything. Stop acting like they do. If you’re poor, there’s a better way to get out of that.. But if you wanna live on welfare? You’d better look for a job 24/7 then. Don’t try to get paid “off the record” so you can stay on food stamps. We shouldn’t need an entire government department to determine if someone’s bilking the system. True starving people are easy to spot. They look like those little African skeleton kids. They’re starving. There are Ethiopian women that will fuck you like a cheetah for a bottle of Gatorade. That’s starving. Call for welfare when you get that desperate. You can’t weigh 410 pounds and be starving. How can you be on welfare and have an Xbox? Get a job you lazy fuck.

But I digress… this is about “equality” more than “accountability”. I won’t go down the ethnic road - the argument is the same. Equality is normally a conflict between minorities and the majority. The bottom line? You can’t force equality. I think it’s earned. All men are created equal, but where they go from there is up to them. Every time someone takes a job because the employer had to give it to a minority, we’re all set back. Every time the right way to do something is altered to conform to some affirmative action law, we lessen as a people. There’s no need to take away from one to make another stronger.

I’ve been blessed with some amazing mentors in my life. There is a lesson I was taught a long time ago by one of them - one I remember well even today. I was simply asked to make a line shorter, and then was handed the pencil:

The obvious answer was to erase part of it, to draw a line through it, to break it down. The better answer? How does the top line look compared to the one below it?

It looks shorter. I guess what I’m getting at is that we need to stop trying to break each other’s lines down. We need to start trying to lengthen our own lines. The way to stop relying on charity is to start refusing to take it. We should be past these antiquated ideas dressed up as 21st Century equality. Be consistent in your beliefs. If you want success, get it. These barriers and hurdles only exist as long as we acknowledge them…

-S

I couldn't have said it better myself!
www.sladeham.com

thome
06-08-2007, 09:50 AM
I'm not trying to discourage anyone here, it can be done, but your lifestyle won't be a rich one at all. Figure if your 50 how many more years are you going to live. If you don't have any other income you will need to buy your own health insurance and as you get older it's going to cost a lot more. What about the way gas prices are going up, are you going to sit at home all day. You're betting 5% against inflation for 30 years if you live to be 80. It's not advice it's just a fact. Too many people fail to plan for the long run. If you make it to the grave at an old age without ever having to worry about money you've done something most people will never do.

My post may have been missleading when i say cash on hand, i am saying "in the bank" I would still work this is my playtime money security of free will and i can relax my mind on what if a lost my job or just wanted to bail to Vegas for the night or Paris or Belize.

10 mil is better . I could be worth that some day but actual -cash money- 10 mil is probably unreachable in most careers.

aquire some assets/ homes/ etc/ sell a company/ 401k/ sell all at 57yrs old you may have a mil by 65 that is not so bad .10 mil is a lot of money.

DEMON CUNT
06-08-2007, 08:49 PM
go back to the bus stop restroom pecker checker.

Let it go pickle kisser.