PDA

View Full Version : Libby sentenced

EAT MY ASSHOLE
06-05-2007, 01:25 PM
30 months...no win situation for Bush...damned if he pardons, damned if he doesn't...

Seshmeister
06-05-2007, 03:36 PM
The presidential pardon thing should be abolished.

It makes a mockery of the whole system.

FORD
06-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
The presidential pardon thing should be abolished.

It makes a mockery of the whole system.

If one of them would do something decent like pardon Leonard Peltier, then it would be worth keeping, but I'd have to agree I haven't seen a worthy pardon in my lifetime. At least not that I can remember.

Seshmeister
06-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Some of Clintons stunk.

Redballjets88
06-05-2007, 03:57 PM
alll of clintons sucked, like ford said there havent been any worth while pardons

Wallyg
06-05-2007, 04:21 PM
30 months for perjury .. good.
Not even a supoena for the guy who actually outed the CIA "employee"and that was the whole reason for the investigation..not good.
How many months did other high perjurers get in punishment for their crime in recent history, say the last 30 years?
Such is Corruption, DC.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
06-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Wallyg
30 months for perjury .. good.
Not even a supoena for the guy who actually outed the CIA "employee"and that was the whole reason for the investigation..not good.
How many months did other high perjurers get in punishment for their crime in recent history, say the last 30 years?
Such is Corruption, DC.

Missy Elliot got a pretty stiff sentence a couple of years back in Manhattan Criminal Court for perjury in regards to a murder trial.

Considering the impact and consequences for this instance, yeah, jail time is warranted. Public and congressional backlash for a pardon might be pretty loud, to say the least.

Ellyllions
06-06-2007, 06:56 AM
30 months isn't long enough, and if Bush pardons him, the letters I write will be scathing.

hideyoursheep
06-06-2007, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Ellyllions
30 months isn't long enough, and if Bush pardons him, the letters I write will be scathing.

It's too bad the moron can't read..

Maybe send him a pop-up book?

Ellyllions
06-06-2007, 09:53 AM
Laura can read, she'll read it to him.

Don't be 'knockin' the pop up books, I love 'em. ;)

hideyoursheep
06-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Make it non-toxic stationary...

We wouldn't want "Mister Peepers" to get a tummyache.:cool:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wBNcbi-Pcx4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wBNcbi-Pcx4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>