PDA

View Full Version : Guitar world EVH frankenstein creation vids

lafours
06-06-2007, 11:15 AM
http://www.guitarworld.com/article/eddie_van_halen_on_recreating_frankenstein

Even though it's pre rehab, Ed seems pretty upbeat and sober for this... I like how the whole video revolves around classic vh!

this is the whole 3 part video they showed trailers for...

bantonelli
06-06-2007, 11:43 AM
1984 Album.....the real VAN HALEN.

Nice vid.

Diamondjimi
06-07-2007, 12:27 AM
Cool !

Thanx for sharing !

Coyote
06-07-2007, 12:47 AM
He sounds hungover, but it's still a cool video...

Hummarstra
06-07-2007, 01:26 AM
Wasn't this posted already? Cool though.

DLRdelight!
06-07-2007, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by Hummarstra
Wasn't this posted already? Cool though.

yes it was, but yeah good to see it again i guess. man did he sound like a drunk

Redballjets88
06-07-2007, 03:02 AM
first time i have seen an interview with ed where he isnt smoking

ELVIS
06-07-2007, 08:27 AM
The Many Guitars Of Eddie Van Halen

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AFZcEu-2wqQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AFZcEu-2wqQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

All of the info isn't correct but it's pretty cool...

The "new" guitar is closest to Frankenstrat #5

:elvis:

Fuct Jup
06-07-2007, 09:47 AM
Did you notice the huge blue bong behind eddie in the vid?

ELVIS
06-07-2007, 10:12 AM
No, what vid ?

Fuct Jup
06-07-2007, 10:44 AM
in the orginal CD ROM that came with the mag (can't see the clip posted - filters at the office). In the CD ROM, when Ed is sitting on the right and the guy who made the guitar is on the left, there is a table behing Eddie that has a 24 inch (at least) dark blue bong sitting there.

check it out. Its about half way thru the vid when you see it.

Antman
06-07-2007, 10:43 PM
Cool videos. It's amazing that guy made the replicas from only pictures.

ULTRAMAN VH
06-10-2007, 09:24 AM
As I am watching that video, I don't even realize that I am grinning from ear to ear. The impact Edward and the original line up had on me was monumental. I think every kid who caught on to the VH sound, including myself, spent hours in the basement tearing their brand new guitars apart trying to create their on Frankenstein. I know a fair majority of us here at the army shred Ed pretty good, due to his piss poor decision making in years past. Whether he is poisoning his mind and body with substance abuse or leading the band in directions that the hardcore classic fans despise. The guy really impacted alot of lives and I couldn't imagine a world without EVH and the music he created, with the greatest frontman of all, Diamond David Lee Roth.

chi-town324
06-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
As I am watching that video, I don't even realize that I am grinning from ear to ear. The impact Edward and the original line up had on me was monumental. I think every kid who caught on to the VH sound, including myself, spent hours in the basement tearing their brand new guitars apart trying to create their on Frankenstein. I know a fair majority of us here at the army shred Ed pretty good, due to his piss poor decision making in years past. Whether he is poisoning his mind and body with substance abuse or leading the band in directions that the hardcore classic fans despise. The guy really impacted alot of lives and I couldn't imagine a world without EVH and the music he created, with the greatest frontman of all, Diamond David Lee Roth. well said :D

lonnieg5
06-21-2007, 07:37 PM
Big contradiction between the video and the article in the magazine.

In the video Chip says he built it from pictures but in the magazine, he says how nice Ed was to drop the original off and let them keep it as long as they wanted.

Wonder which is true?

scorpion73
06-22-2007, 09:54 PM
Ed did give him the guitar for short periods of time,basically to take the pictures and copy the pickup.The actual work was done by looking at the pictures as a reference as opposed to having the actual guitar next to him when making the copies.To impress Eddie that much must have taken hundreds of hours,because Ed is extremely anal and does not just accept guitars that are simply good.He physically dissects a guitar down to the electronics to make sure it will live up to his name and standards.