PDA

View Full Version : June 6, 1944

Wallyg
06-06-2007, 02:10 PM
http://www.eisenhower.archives.gov/dl/dday/orderofthedayaudio.html

Wallyg
06-06-2007, 02:31 PM
My Fellow Americans:

Last night, when I spoke with you about the fall of Rome, I knew at that moment that troops of the United States and our Allies were crossing the Channel in another and greater operation. It has come to pass with success thus far.

And so, in this poignant hour, I ask you to join with me in prayer:

Almighty God: Our sons, pride of our nation, this day have set upon a mighty endeavor, a struggle to preserve our Republic, our religion, and our civilization, and to set free a suffering humanity.

Lead them straight and true; give strength to their arms, stoutness to their hearts, steadfastness in their faith.

They will need Thy blessings. Their road will be long and hard. For the enemy is strong. He may hurl back our forces. Success may not come with rushing speed, but we shall return again and again; and we know that by Thy grace, and by the righteousness of our cause, our sons will triumph.

They will be sore tried, by night and by day, without rest -- until the victory is won. The darkness will be rent by noise and flame. Men's souls will be shaken with the violences of war.

For these men are lately drawn from the ways of peace. They fight not for the lust of conquest. They fight to end conquest. They fight to liberate. They fight to let justice arise, and tolerance and goodwill among all Thy people. They yearn but for the end of battle, for their return to the haven of home.

Some will never return. Embrace these, Father, and receive them, Thy heroic servants, into Thy kingdom.

And for us at home -- fathers, mothers, children, wives, sisters, and brothers of brave men overseas, whose thoughts and prayers are ever with them -- help us, Almighty God, to rededicate ourselves in renewed faith in Thee in this hour of great sacrifice.

Many people have urged that I call the nation into a single day of special prayer. But because the road is long and the desire is great, I ask that our people devote themselves in a continuance of prayer. As we rise to each new day, and again when each day is spent, let words of prayer be on our lips, invoking Thy help to our efforts.

Give us strength, too -- strength in our daily tasks, to redouble the contributions we make in the physical and the material support of our armed forces.

And let our hearts be stout, to wait out the long travail, to bear sorrows that may come, to impart our courage unto our sons wheresoever they may be.

And, O Lord, give us faith. Give us faith in Thee; faith in our sons; faith in each other; faith in our united crusade. Let not the keeness of our spirit ever be dulled. Let not the impacts of temporary events, of temporal matters of but fleeting moment -- let not these deter us in our unconquerable purpose.

With Thy blessing, we shall prevail over the unholy forces of our enemy. Help us to conquer the apostles of greed and racial arrogances. Lead us to the saving of our country, and with our sister nations into a world unity that will spell a sure peace -- a peace invulnerable to the schemings of unworthy men. And a peace that will let all of men live in freedom, reaping the just rewards of their honest toil.

Thy will be done, Almighty God.

Amen.

Franklin D. Roosevelt - June 6, 1944

Unchainme
06-06-2007, 02:37 PM
No Doubt..

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YDecLiA_Qbw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YDecLiA_Qbw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

(BTW..was this speech real..or just produced by a movie?)

knuckleboner
06-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme

it was not a real speech, but a large portion of it, overall, was cobbled together from various speeches the real patton gave.

[i] but it IS a great scene. one of the best motivational scenes in a movie, ever. up there with gibson in braveheart and pacino in any given sunday. (ok, i DO like the any given sunday, but patton's definitely better;))

Nickdfresh
06-06-2007, 07:46 PM
I'd like to correct the title here, it wasn't just important to "our" country...

http://federalvoice.dscc.dla.mil/images/020605pic/D-day_1.jpg
http://www.skylighters.org/photos/hedgehog.jpg

Army photographer Robert Capa (http://www.skylighters.org/photos/robertcapa.html) took some compelling pics of the carnage on "bloody Omaha Beach," the most difficult of the six landing beaches. Unfortunately, most were lost before they could be developed...

Nickdfresh
06-06-2007, 07:50 PM
No Doubt..

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YDecLiA_Qbw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YDecLiA_Qbw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

It's was for the film. And Patton had almost nothing to do with D-Day, other than serving as a decoy by commanding a phantom/phony army that was to fool the Germans into thinking we were landing at a different set of much more heavily defended beaches in the Pali de Calais area of France (instead of Normany)...

Nickdfresh
06-06-2007, 07:53 PM
And it was much more like this:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m-ZaMsYL1Uo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m-ZaMsYL1Uo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Actually, it was much bloodier and on a larger scale, but still a pretty good taste of hell...

GO-SPURS-GO
06-06-2007, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Wallyg
My Fellow Americans:

Last night, when I spoke with you about the fall of Rome, I knew at that moment that troops of the United States and our Allies were crossing the Channel in another and greater operation. It has come to pass with success thus far.

And so, in this poignant hour, I ask you to join with me in prayer:

Almighty God: Our sons, pride of our nation, this day have set upon a mighty endeavor, a struggle to preserve our Republic, our religion, and our civilization, and to set free a suffering humanity.

Lead them straight and true; give strength to their arms, stoutness to their hearts, steadfastness in their faith.

They will need Thy blessings. Their road will be long and hard. For the enemy is strong. He may hurl back our forces. Success may not come with rushing speed, but we shall return again and again; and we know that by Thy grace, and by the righteousness of our cause, our sons will triumph.

They will be sore tried, by night and by day, without rest -- until the victory is won. The darkness will be rent by noise and flame. Men's souls will be shaken with the violences of war.

For these men are lately drawn from the ways of peace. They fight not for the lust of conquest. They fight to end conquest. They fight to liberate. They fight to let justice arise, and tolerance and goodwill among all Thy people. They yearn but for the end of battle, for their return to the haven of home.

Some will never return. Embrace these, Father, and receive them, Thy heroic servants, into Thy kingdom.

And for us at home -- fathers, mothers, children, wives, sisters, and brothers of brave men overseas, whose thoughts and prayers are ever with them -- help us, Almighty God, to rededicate ourselves in renewed faith in Thee in this hour of great sacrifice.

Many people have urged that I call the nation into a single day of special prayer. But because the road is long and the desire is great, I ask that our people devote themselves in a continuance of prayer. As we rise to each new day, and again when each day is spent, let words of prayer be on our lips, invoking Thy help to our efforts.

Give us strength, too -- strength in our daily tasks, to redouble the contributions we make in the physical and the material support of our armed forces.

And let our hearts be stout, to wait out the long travail, to bear sorrows that may come, to impart our courage unto our sons wheresoever they may be.

And, O Lord, give us faith. Give us faith in Thee; faith in our sons; faith in each other; faith in our united crusade. Let not the keeness of our spirit ever be dulled. Let not the impacts of temporary events, of temporal matters of but fleeting moment -- let not these deter us in our unconquerable purpose.

With Thy blessing, we shall prevail over the unholy forces of our enemy. Help us to conquer the apostles of greed and racial arrogances. Lead us to the saving of our country, and with our sister nations into a world unity that will spell a sure peace -- a peace invulnerable to the schemings of unworthy men. And a peace that will let all of men live in freedom, reaping the just rewards of their honest toil.

Thy will be done, Almighty God.

Amen.

Franklin D. Roosevelt - June 6, 1944

Beautiful!!! He was a reflection of our country that WAS deeply religious. If he was our president today, he would be labeled a war mongering religious nut.

ODShowtime
06-06-2007, 08:20 PM
The whole thing truly boggles the mind.

Nick, that scene made a pretty big impression on me the first time I saw it back in the day.

There's a reason why they tried to send mostly green troops on that mission.

ODShowtime
06-06-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
If he was our president today, he would be labeled a war mongering religious nut.

false

Nickdfresh
06-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Beautiful!!! He was a reflection of our country that WAS deeply religious. If he was our president today, he would be labeled a war mongering religious nut.

FDR was anything but "deeply religious," and how could a guy leading a nation that was attacked, then had war declared upon it, be called a "warmonger?" Though some extreme conservative isolationists may have tried...

GO-SPURS-GO
06-06-2007, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
FDR was anything but "deeply religious," and how could a guy leading a nation that was attacked, then had war declared upon it, be called a "warmonger?" Though some extreme conservative isolationists may have tried...

You're right Nick, about FDR being religious. I forgot that he was a Freemason. I also forgot that he let Japan bomb us, and he took us to war with Germany, a country that never did nothing to us. I stand corrected. Happy Birthday!

Nickdfresh
06-06-2007, 10:53 PM
You're right Nick, about FDR being religious. I forgot that he was a Freemason.

Freemasons are a religion now?

I also forgot that he let Japan bomb us,

Oh, so now the guy you were so dewy over that you were wanking to his speech, because he threw out God in it a couple of times, is now a cynical "inside job" bastard that just "let the Japanese bomb us?."

Yeah, um, okay...

and he took us to war with Germany, a country that never did nothing to us. I stand corrected. Happy Birthday!

Yeah super-genius, the Germans never did anything to us BUT FUCKING DECLARE WAR ON US AFTER PEARL HARBOR!

Yeah, those innocent, sweet Nazis...

Another dolt falls flat on his face with the "The War on Terra' is just like WWII" fraudanalogy...

FORD
06-06-2007, 10:53 PM
he took us to war with Germany, a country that never did nothing to us.

Germany declared war on us AFTER Japan bombed Pearl Harbor.

Plus, by this point the combined forces of these two (plus the Italians, at least in theory) constituted an ACTUAL threat to the United States.

As opposed to ANY war after WWII, where not a single one of those countries ever were a threat to the US at all.

GO-SPURS-GO
06-07-2007, 12:46 AM
Freemasons are a religion now?

Oh, so now the guy you were so dewy over that you were wanking to his speech, because he threw out God in it a couple of times, is now a cynical "inside job" bastard that just "let the Japanese bomb us?."

Yeah, um, okay...

Yeah super-genius, the Germans never did anything to us BUT FUCKING DECLARE WAR ON US AFTER PEARL HARBOR!

Yeah, those innocent, sweet Nazis...

Another dolt falls flat on his face with the "The War on Terra' is just like WWII" fraudanalogy...

in 1993, Bin Laden declared a "Fatwah" or a "Holy War" on us after the the first WTC bombing, GENIUS! That was way before we went to Iraq.
http://www.mideastweb.org/osamabinladen1.htm
http://www.iraqwatch.org/perspectives/hughes-saddam-bin-laden-070302.pdf

I can't wait until the 2008 election. I hope a Democrat wins. That way we all can come together and win this war on terror. You guys will never give Bush the benefit of the doubt, like the way you'll give a Democrat. The reason the Democrat's have not cut of the funds for the war, is because they know we are in a war on terror. Just like the Republicans pander to their base, the Democrats do as well. There is no way they can get million dollar donations from liberal billionaires, like George Soros, Peter Lewis and 95% of Hollyweird by supporting this war. I don't know what's in the water you guys drink, but your partisan stuff gets us nowhere. Were you liberals this mad when Clinton/Gore attacked a sovereign nation like Kosovo? No WMD'S, they never attacked us, and we went against the UN. I was for that military action too! But I don't remember Barbra Streissand and Danny Glover criticizing Clinton/Gore for killing the Red Cross workers, bombing the Chinese Embassy and killing 1,000's of "innocent Serbs." We can't pick and choose what war we support. Glad I'm from a military familiy that believes in both parties. You should try being a fair minded guy. or do you want to end up like FORD? GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!!

GO-SPURS-GO
06-07-2007, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Germany declared war on us AFTER Japan bombed Pearl Harbor.

Plus, by this point the combined forces of these two (plus the Italians, at least in theory) constituted an ACTUAL threat to the United States.

As opposed to ANY war after WWII, where not a single one of those countries ever were a threat to the US at all.

I wonder what "raciest nazi" Al Gore thinks about fighting Germany in WW2? Whole bunch of great stuff about Ford's God. I knew he was a raciest, nazi loveing hypocrite. but I didn't know he was this bad. Greatest fraud in History of politics.

http://www.larouchepac.com/pages/what_news_files/gore.html

Coyote
06-07-2007, 01:24 AM
No Doubt..

Eh, Buford T. Justice did it better. :D

matt19
06-07-2007, 04:25 AM
You're right Nick, about FDR being religious. I forgot that he was a Freemason. I also forgot that he let Japan bomb us, and he took us to war with Germany, a country that never did nothing to us. I stand corrected. Happy Birthday!

If you are going to try and prove a point.... USE CORRECT GRAMMAR!

Fuck. BTW, Roosevelt's top advisors as well as himself had no idea about Pearl Harbor, they all thought an attack was coming but none of them thought Japan had the capability to strike the heart of the U.S. Pacific Fleet at Pearl Harbor.

And if Britain had fallen all of Europe would have been under Nazi control, leaving Hitler to swing all of his forces east to the Soviet Union, which was also struggling mightly without U.S. aid.

Yes, Roosevelt was trying to AT LEAST get the United States congress, as well as its population to be open to aiding the Allied cause, e.g.

"This nation will remain a neutral nation, but I cannot ask that every American be neutral in thought as well."

But the thought that he was trying to get into a war that he didn't see as imparative to preserving the Democratic way of the Free World is just ludicrous.

Trying to prove a point that isn't there is like trying to teach a blind man to drive. You just cant do it.

So please don't spouting off about shit you can't prove. Try researching please, and if all else fails watch the history channel.

ELVIS
06-07-2007, 04:55 AM
http://www.eisenhower.archives.gov/dl/dday/orderofthedayaudio.html

Don't tell FORD you heard this on Michael Savage yesterday...;)

ODShowtime
06-07-2007, 07:13 AM
You guys will never give Bush the benefit of the doubt,

I don't know about you, but I think that only retards give the benefit of the doubt to proven liars. That's just common sense.

FORD
06-07-2007, 10:16 AM

http://www.larouchepac.com/pages/what_news_files/gore.html

I was wondering how the Hell anyone could be so bat shit insane as yourself and claim to be a "Democrat".

It never occurred to me that you might be a La DOUCHE-ie. Now that explains everything.

Lyndon LaDouche.... the Fred Phelps of politics. :rolleyes:

FORD
06-07-2007, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS

Weiner's quoting LaDouche now?? Doesn't he know LaDouche hates Jews?

Oh that's right.... Weiner hates Jews. And gays. Even though he's both.

Hardrock69
06-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Buried in sand for 58 years, WWII dog tag comes home
Collector returns it to Tennessee family

By KRISTIN M. HALL
Associated Press

HUNTINGDON, Tenn. — The family of Pvt. William Bernice Clark never had a funeral for him, never got to say goodbye and never really accepted his fate among the fallen during the Normandy D-Day landings in World War II.

That was until the young soldier's dog tag, recently discovered in the sands of Omaha Beach in France, was returned to his native Tennessee on Wednesday — exactly 63 years after that tragic day.

http://cmsimg.tennessean.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=DN&Date=20070607&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=706070408&Ref=AR&Profile=1001&MaxW=525&MaxH=390&title=1

"This feels like an ending," said the soldier's first cousin, Lota Park, 79, who along with another cousin accepted the dog tag at a ceremony in the small town of Huntingdon, about 90 miles west of Nashville.

The tag has blackened with age, but his name, identification number, religion (Protestant) and blood type (Type O) are all clearly visible.

It remained out of sight for more than five decades until a collector from England found it five years ago while combing the beach for D-Day artifacts, likely near the very spot where the 20-year-old Clark was killed. The collector gave the dog tag to a World War II buff from New Jersey, who turned it over to the National D-Day Memorial.

"It's in pretty remarkable condition, considering it was buried in the sand for 58 years," said National D-Day Memorial Foundation development director Jeff Fulgham, who presented the tag to Clark's surviving family members.

The D-Day Memorial, based in Bedford, Va., keeps records of nearly every American and Allied soldier killed during the invasion, and it helped locate Clark's family in Huntingdon a couple months ago.

The family has only a few personal effects from Clark: two yellowing photos, a couple of letters during his short service and his Purple Heart. His remains were buried in a cemetery for American soldiers in France.

http://cmsimg.tennessean.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=DN&Date=20070607&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=706070408&Ref=V2&Profile=1001&MaxW=525&MaxH=390&title=1

Collector gives up tag

The New Jersey collector, Bill Santora, said the dog tag was the most cherished piece in his World War II collection, but he was happy to give it up when memorial officials told him it could be returned to his family.

"I always wondered who it was," Santora said. "I feel more connected to the soldier, a little connected to family and I think they are going to be happy to have this memento back."

Relatives, community leaders and veterans gathered Wednesday in Huntingdon at a park that honors area soldiers who have died in war.

"I am reminded that this park is the place where the train carried Pvt. William Clark and other soldiers from Carroll County to war," Fulgham said.

Clark was one of more than 4,000 American and Allied soldiers killed during intense fighting on D-Day, a crucial turning point in the war. The D-Day Memorial is in Bedford, Va., because that town lost 19 soldiers, the highest per capita loss from any single town in the United States.

Clark's name was also recently added to a plaque at the D-Day Memorial.

"When you stand in the middle of that plaza, in the middle of the memorial, you're surrounded by nearly 4,400 names," Fulgham said. "This is one more way we can remember him now that we have a special connection because we had his dog tag.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070607/NEWS01/706070408/1001

ELVIS
06-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Oh that's right.... Weiner hates Jews.

He doesn't hate Jews, and did you ever explain how you think he's gay ??

Like, maybe you answered the first time I asked you this and I missed it ??

See how understanding I am, giving you the benefit of the doubt ??

;)

Hardrock69
06-07-2007, 11:00 AM
He cant hate Jews...he is DEAD!

Hardrock69
06-07-2007, 11:01 AM
:D

Wallyg
06-07-2007, 11:04 AM

I didn't.
I'm a history/political science major specializing in the WW2 period. D Day should be honored and remembered every year on the anniversary. So many rip the US on this board, justified and unjustified, so I wanted to post about a time where we did the right thing for the right reason and valor was paramount. We owe so much to so few.

ELVIS
06-07-2007, 12:34 PM
Ok, it's just coincidence that Savage played the prayer on the radio yeaterday...

Imagine having the internet during WWII...

Would it have helped or hurt ??

:elvis:

Wallyg
06-07-2007, 01:35 PM
Ok, it's just coincidence that Savage played the prayer on the radio yeaterday...

Savage's show runs where I live at 5PM. My post was from early yesterday.

The internet in WWII....hmmmmmmmmmmm...

hideyoursheep
06-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Savage's show runs where I live at 5PM. My post was from early yesterday.

And you know what time he's on?

:rolleyes:

Wallyg
06-07-2007, 02:46 PM
Sure! There are 3 major AM news stations in my town and he is on during evening drive from 5-8 on one of them. You cant miss him if you are looking for news, weather, or traffic during the drive home.

hideyoursheep
06-07-2007, 03:03 PM
Sure! There are 3 major AM news stations in my town and he is on during evening drive from 5-8 on one of them. You cant miss him if you are looking for news, weather, or traffic during the drive home.

I'll stick with the static free Sirius...

But thanks anyway.

NeoShills have destroyed AM in my town. Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh, the local assholes,all three of them...

I almost gave up on freedom of speech until now.

BTW-Ever try to get through on one of those shows without being a card-carrying member? Yeah, I know I'm off topic but listen...

The big Republican AM station here never left the same idiots they take calls from every day-always the ones who agree, with 1 or 2 that don't, just for comic relief.

Now that XM has picked them up, the floodgates have opened. they seldom take calls, and the show sounds like shit.
I'll never go back to terrestrial radio.

GO-SPURS-GO
06-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
I don't know about you, but I think that only retards give the benefit of the doubt to proven liars. That's just common sense.

Common sense should tell YOU, that all top politicians are proven liars. Who will you vote for and give the benefit of the doubt to, Clinton, Gore or Edwards? Either you will be a hypocrite or a retard too! I choose to be fair. I'll give the Benefit to Bush, just like I'll give it to the next president (probably a Democrat) who goes to war with Iran and Syria. My dream ticket would be, Colin Powell as President and Joe Lieberman as VP. Never will happen, but that would be best for this country.;)

matt19
06-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Common sense should tell YOU, that all top politicians are proven liars. Who will you vote for and give the benefit of the doubt to, Clinton, Gore or Edwards? Either you will be a hypocrite or a retard too! I choose to be fair. I'll give the Benefit to Bush, just like I'll give it to the next president (probably a Democrat) who goes to war with Iran and Syria. My dream ticket would be, Colin Powell as President and Joe Lieberman as VP. Never will happen, but that would be best for this country.;)

Dude you are a moron. And the Spurs suck ass. Go post your nonsense somewhere else.

GO-SPURS-GO
06-07-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by matt19
Dude you are a moron. And the Spurs suck ass. Go post your nonsense somewhere else.

The only moron you know, is the one you see when you look in the mirror. Are you still mad that the Spurs beat the Denver Thug-ets? At least we let you guys win 1 game.

ODShowtime
06-07-2007, 04:18 PM
Common sense should tell YOU, that all top politicians are proven liars.

touche!

GO-SPURS-GO
06-07-2007, 05:32 PM

Without a doubt, it would have hurt. 12,000 great US and Allied soilders dead, in the first day. Plaster those images on the web and us Americans might not have stomach that.
http://www.ddaymuseum.co.uk/faq.htm#casualities

Nickdfresh
06-07-2007, 05:32 PM
in 1993, Bin Laden declared a "Fatwah" or a "Holy War" on us after the the first WTC bombing, GENIUS! That was way before we went to Iraq.
http://www.mideastweb.org/osamabinladen1.htm
http://www.iraqwatch.org/perspectives/hughes-saddam-bin-laden-070302.pdf

And where is the country of "Bin Laden" located, "genius?" And since when do individuals have the same threat as a nation-state that very well could have destroyed us?

And WTF does the preceding post have to do with anything anyways? When did I ever say we weren't at War with al Qaida, whatever al Qaida actually is at this point...

I can't wait until the 2008 election. I hope a Democrat wins. That way we all can come together and win this war on terror.

The "War on Terror" is a misnomer. In sense, we won when we hit Afghanistan and rounded up numerous Islamic militants. Iraq had nothing to do with this and is only serving as a recruiting and training ground for new terrorists...

You guys will never give Bush the benefit of the doubt, like the way you'll give a Democrat.

Dude, can you blame anybody for that at this point?

The reason the Democrat's have not cut of the funds for the war, is because they know we are in a war on terror.

No, the reason they have not cut funds is because they simply don't have the votes to do it.

And how is fighting a coalition of Sunni insurgents on behalf of an Iraqi gov't dominated by Shiite militias really a "War on Terror?" Because some of the Jihadists call themselves al Qaeda of Iraq?

Whoopty-fucking-doo! They could call themselves McDonalds and it would have exactly the same franchise tag...

Just like the Republicans pander to their base, the Democrats do as well. There is no way they can get million dollar donations from liberal billionaires, like George Soros, Peter Lewis and 95% of Hollyweird by supporting this war. I don't know what's in the water you guys drink, but your partisan stuff gets us nowhere.

Neither does yours. And my "partisan stuff" is actually closest to the truth.

It's not that Democrats want US troops out of Iraq, THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE DO!!

Why do you think the Democrats took Congress? And if they're not getting the buck$, then why are their presidential war-chests far bigger than the GOP candidates?

Were you liberals this mad when Clinton/Gore attacked a sovereign nation like Kosovo?

No! Because he was ending a War and not starting a premeditated one.

And it caused the fall of that prick Milosevic, without ever having to get thousands of US troops killed in a prolonged occupation!

No WMD'S, they never attacked us, and we went against the UN.

We went against the UN? Doubt it, in any case, the Serbs challenged NATO, and NATO responded...

I was for that military action too! But I don't remember Barbra Streissand and Danny Glover criticizing Clinton/Gore for killing the Red Cross workers, bombing the Chinese Embassy and killing 1,000's of "innocent Serbs."

Who gave a fuck what they thought?

And there were legitimate questions regarding the conduct of the War. But there was no question that Serbs were murdering ethnic Albanians, and that there was a very real possibility of Islamic militants taking advantage of the situation to spread jihadism into Europe...

We can't pick and choose what war we support.

The fuck we can't! It's your duty as an American patriot to end shit Wars, not to enable politicians acting on behest of their oil buddies...

Glad I'm from a military familiy that believes in both parties. You should try being a fair minded guy. or do you want to end up like FORD? GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!!

I am a 'fair minded' guy, but the War on Terror is largely a sham and the War in Iraq is debacle that never, ever should have been started.

God bless our troops indeed...

GO-SPURS-GO
06-07-2007, 05:47 PM
And where is the country of "Bin Laden" located, "genius?" And since when do individuals have the same threat as a nation-state that very well could have destroyed us?

And WTF does the preceding post have to do with anything anyways? When did I ever say we weren't at War with al Qaida, whatever al Qaida actually is at this point...

The "War on Terror" is a misnomer. In sense, we won when we hit Afghanistan and rounded up numerous Islamic militants. Iraq had nothing to do with this and is only serving as a recruiting and training ground for new terrorists...

Dude, can you blame anybody for that at this point?

No, the reason they have not cut funds is because they simply don't have the votes to do it.

And how is fighting a coalition of Sunni insurgents on behalf of an Iraqi gov't dominated by Shiite militias really a "War on Terror?" Because some of the Jihadists call themselves al Qaeda of Iraq?

Whoopty-fucking-doo! They could call themselves McDonalds and it would have exactly the same franchise tag...

Neither does yours. And my "partisan stuff" is actually closest to the truth.

It's not that Democrats want US troops out of Iraq, THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE DO!!

Why do you think the Democrats took Congress? And if they're not getting the buck$, then why are their presidential war-chests far bigger than the GOP candidates?

No! Because he was ending a War and not starting a premeditated one.

And it caused the fall of that prick Milosevic, without ever having to get thousands of US troops killed in a prolonged occupation!

We went against the UN? Doubt it, in any case, the Serbs challenged NATO, and NATO responded...

Who gave a fuck what they thought?

And there were legitimate questions regarding the conduct of the War. But there was no question that Serbs were murdering ethnic Albanians, and that there was a very real possibility of Islamic militants taking advantage of the situation to spread jihadism into Europe...

The fuck we can't! It's your duty as an American patriot to end shit Wars, not to enable politicians acting on behest of their oil buddies...

I am a 'fair minded' guy, but the War on Terror is largely a sham and the War in Iraq is debacle that never, ever should have been started.

God bless our troops indeed...

Now that's what I'm talking about! We can argue until our faces turn blue, but lets not resort to name calling. Very good Nick. Teach matt19 and FORD how you do it. ;)

matt19
06-07-2007, 06:27 PM
The only moron you know, is the one you see when you look in the mirror. Are you still mad that the Spurs beat the Denver Thug-ets? At least we let you guys win 1 game.

LMAO who are you calling thuggets? The spurs atre the dirtest team in the league. Look at Horry fouling Nash, and Look at Bowen the hack. Who the fuck are you calling a moron, is making fun of the nuggets all you have because you got owned about WWII?

FORD
06-07-2007, 06:40 PM
Internet during WWII?? Interesting concept. In fact, the Internet a few years before then might have even been more interesting.

Could have picked up some interesting e-mail exchanges.....

TO:Adolf Hitler (hitler_a@nationalsocialistparty.de)
CC:averill_harriman@unionbank.com;thyssen_fritz@de utschbank.de
SUBJECT: Request for funding approved!

Mr Hitler,

My partners and I at Union Bank read your business plan with great enthusiasm, and we will be more than happy to fund your National Socialist Party in your quest to build a fascist Germany. We have similar plans for the United States, but let's keep that between ourselves for now.....

Looking forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Yours in Eugenics,

Prescott S. Bush
Manager
Union Bank

GO-SPURS-GO
06-07-2007, 06:48 PM
LMAO who are you calling thuggets? The spurs atre the dirtest team in the league. Look at Horry fouling Nash, and Look at Bowen the hack. Who the fuck are you calling a moron, is making fun of the nuggets all you have because you got owned about WWII?

Nice to know we are a dirty team now. for years, people labeled the Spurs players and organization soft. People used to say that the players washed their uniforms with Downey. Now we are dirty. Horry gives a hard foul on Nash (the most over-rated player in the NBA) and flops on the floor. and Bowen plays border line dirty/hard like every great player does, like MJ, Karl Malone, Stocken and Barkley to name a few. I

hideyoursheep
06-07-2007, 07:03 PM
You know more about your inmates *cough* uh, B-ball team than world events.

Do with this conversation what you would do with your boyfriend and take it to the Locker Room.

GO-SPURS-GO
06-07-2007, 07:14 PM
Nice to know we are a dirty team now. for years, people labeled the Spurs players and organization soft. People used to say that the players washed their uniforms with Downey. Now we are dirty. Horry gives a hard foul on Nash (the most over-rated player in the NBA) and flops on the floor. and Bowen plays border line dirty/hard like every great player does, like MJ, Karl Malone, Stocken and Barkley to name a few. I don't think your old enough to know those players. you say your 20, but from the way you complain and cry, I think you are about 8 years old. I don't think there is an age restriction here. so come on out of the closet. I much rather have hard playing players on my team, instead of thugs like Marcus "Cannabis" Camby, Allen "The OG" Iverson and Carmelo "The Oak Hill Crip" Anthony. While Spurs win Championships the Denver Thug-ets are more worried about their image and starring in gansta rap vids. if you had kids, who would you prefer your son to look up to, Duncan or Iverson. If you said Iverson, than you are a moron!

GO-SPURS-GO
06-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Nice to know we are a dirty team now. for years, people labeled the Spurs players and organization soft. People used to say that the players washed their uniforms with Downey. Now we are dirty. Horry gives a hard foul on Nash (the most over-rated player in the NBA) and flops on the floor. and Bowen plays border line dirty/hard like every great player does, like MJ, Karl Malone, Stocken and Barkley to name a few. I don't think your old enough to know those players. you say your 20, but from the way you complain and cry, I think you are about 8 years old. I don't think there is an age restriction here. so come on out of the closet. I much rather have hard playing players on my team, instead of thugs like Marcus "Cannabis" Camby, Allen "The OG" Iverson and Carmelo "The Oak Hill Crip" Anthony. While Spurs win Championships the Denver Thug-ets are more worried about their image and starring in gansta rap vids. if you had kids, who would you prefer your son to look up to, Duncan or Iverson. If you said Iverson, than you are a moron!

GO-SPURS-GO
06-07-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by hideyoursheep
You know more about your inmates *cough* uh, B-ball team than world events.

Do with this conversation what you would do with your boyfriend and take it to the Locker Room.

Your right. But I hope that you are talking to matt19. Because the Spurs are the only pro team who's never had a player arrested.

matt19
06-07-2007, 07:29 PM
Your right. But I hope that you are talking to matt19. Because the Spurs are the only pro team who's never had a player arrested.

He is talking about you, fuckwad. Good for the spurs? Point is you are forum retarded. How many times have you quoted yourself? You are a waste of bandwidth.

GO-SPURS-GO
06-07-2007, 07:38 PM
Good for the spurs? Point is you are forum retarded. How many times have you quoted yourself? You are a waste of bandwidth.

At least we can agree on something. Now back to the June 6, 1944 post.

FORD
06-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Now I'm convinced this is another Katydid alias......

GO-SPURS-GO
06-07-2007, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Now I'm convinced this is another Katydid alias......

Ford, you crack me up. Just because I can laugh at myself, that means I'm Katydid? Can I hire you as my daughter's birthday clown? I hope you really don't think I'm Katydid. If you do, then there is no Psychiatrist that can help you. It's funny that you Know my IP, but you can't fiqure out that I'm NOT Katydid. Are my web-sites from garageband.com and myspace.com just fronts. I know I'm ugly, but my God, give me a break. It took me 15 minutes to fiqure out who is Katydid. I thought it was abbreviation you come up with like BCE and PNAC. Just go to www.myspace.com/amplifydrocks and that's my Ugly ass in the orange. I thought smoking dope will relax you, man, you are the most up-tight person I know. If you ever come to San Antonio let me know, I would love to meet you and let you know that I love to screw with people. Maybe we can laugh at this crazy world. I live for stuff like this. Like that Larouche post. ;)

hideyoursheep
06-08-2007, 12:24 PM
:rolleyes:

hideyoursheep
06-08-2007, 12:25 PM
Shameless plugs cost money here.

Shaveless mugs that look like Pete Fountain also cost money :)

Wallyg
06-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Shameless plugs cost money here.

Shaveless mugs that look like Pete Fountain also cost money :)
I love Pete Fountain. I remember his Half Fast marching club stumbling drunk down St Charles Ave during Mardi gras playing "Do You Know What it Means to Miss New Orleans" all the while trading cheap flowers for kisses with all the ladies. DLR would relate.

hideyoursheep
06-08-2007, 01:17 PM
He was one hip cat...

GO-SPURS-GO
06-08-2007, 04:55 PM
He was one hip cat...

Does this mean I'm hip too? That was no plug, just trying to prove my point to FORD. By the way, I asked you a question on the topic "Christians have 10 Days to Convert to Islam in Pakistan" and you have not responded. I'm curious of what you would do. Thanks...