PDA

View Full Version : Ducks Win The Cup!!!!

ace diamond
06-07-2007, 09:58 AM
WOO-HOO!!!

IT'S PARTY TIME!!!!!:bottle:

fryingdutchman
06-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Holy shit!

Almost a day has passed since the Ducks won the Cup and no replies in this thread?

Looks like the NHL is dead...but nobody has claimed the body yet!

What the fuck happened to this sport? Is it lingering bad feelings about the lockout?

Too many new rules to keep up with?

Or is it that nobody gives a shit about Anaheim?

I'm sad to see it go. I used to enjoy NHL Hockey, but it seems to have lost its luster.

If they lose their TV contract then the sport might as well just fold its tent and go home.

m_dixon1984
06-07-2007, 05:22 PM
Trust me the NHL isn't dead, at least not here in Canada.

I just didn't have anything to say on the subject as my team just suffered a huge embarrassment.

Congrats to Ducks fans everywhere (anywhere??). The better team won.

M

PS - Tough being a Sens fan today, however, it's still sweeter than being a Leafs fan. HAHAHA!

PumpedUpMidget
06-07-2007, 05:29 PM
A truly sad day for hockey--a team named the 'Ducks' takes the top prize--if you look at the past winners, the last good team to win was the Red Wings in 2002...the Hurricanes, Lightning, and Devils are all aberations...Hockey needs to dump maybe 8-10 teams (Nashville, Tampa Bay, New Jersey, Carolina, Anaheim, Atlanta, Florida, and Dallas, for starters....)

Va Beach VH Fan
06-07-2007, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by PumpedUpMidget
Hockey needs to dump maybe 8-10 teams (Nashville, Tampa Bay, New Jersey, Carolina, Anaheim, Atlanta, Florida, and Dallas, for starters....)

Funny that you've mentioned 5 American teams that all have won Stanley Cups in the last 12 years, and most of them in the last 8 years....

Those aberrations of the Devils have won 3 Cups in 12 years....

But yet teams that are financially successful, but haven't won jack shit, like Toronto (40 years) and Ottawa (80 years), are no problem at all, are they.....

Anaheim was CLEARLY the best team in the NHL this year, they absolutely PUMMELLED the Sens, and they deserve that Cup.....

DlocRoth
06-07-2007, 10:12 PM
Nice.

And there it is.

May as well dump this thread now.

ace diamond
06-08-2007, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by DlocRoth
Nice.

And there it is.

May as well dump this thread now.

fuck off

i have been following the anaheim mighty ducks since they began.

funny how life imitates art,isn't it?

fryingdutchman
06-08-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by ace diamond
i have been following the anaheim mighty ducks since they began.

Hey ace...

BTW...I wasn't trying to shit on Anaheim.

I'm glad your squad won the Cup!

I'm just wondering why there was such a lack of "fanfare" over the end of the Stanley Cup Finals.

fryingdutchman
06-08-2007, 11:19 AM
The NHL has put itself into a lot of places it has no business being in.

Nashville?

Columbus?

Please...

But I totally disgree with the comment to "dump New Jersey."

The Devils, while weaker than they used to be, seem to be one of the perennial forces in the league.

As a Flyers fan, they are also my sworn, mortal enemy!

But then again, the Flyers took a complete shit last season...so maybe that's why I'm so apathetic about the league in general.

BITEYOASS
06-08-2007, 01:48 PM
Fuckin disney team! Oh well, I'm just glad the Red Wings didn't lose to the Avalanche, which weren't in the playoffs! ROFLMAO Seriously though, any place south of Philadelphia should not have an NHL team. Why fuck aren't there any in Alaska, Milwaukee, Cleveland, Seattle or Portland? And obviously there should be more NHL teams in the western canadian and maritime provinces.

ace diamond
06-08-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by fryingdutchman
The NHL has put itself into a lot of places it has no business being in.

Nashville?

Columbus?

Please...

But I totally disgree with the comment to "dump New Jersey."

The Devils, while weaker than they used to be, seem to be one of the perennial forces in the league.

As a Flyers fan, they are also my sworn, mortal enemy!

But then again, the Flyers took a complete shit last season...so maybe that's why I'm so apathetic about the league in general.

WHAT IS REALLY SAD IS THAT NOBODY SAID SHIT WHEN THE NY ISLANDERS AND THE HARTFORD WHALERS WERE SHUT DOWN. VERY SAD INDEED.

ace diamond
06-08-2007, 05:28 PM
and why doesn't winnipeg have a team?

Romeo Delight
06-08-2007, 06:40 PM
The NHL suffered from it's unbalanced schedule.

The Senators had never been to the West time zone all year!!!

Now they are expected to travel across the country?

The Eastern teams have such a distinct advantage during the year due to a lack of travel time.

The unbalanced schedule, though, has a tendency of GMs recruiting in terms of their division and Conference, and to hell with The Stanley Cup.

That is why you have distinctly different styles from conference to conference.

This year, all 8 playoff teams in the West were as good as the Senators.

The East was quite poor this year. Bettman, fix the schedule...in his defence, it is the GMs in the East that are to blame. They are only concerned with protecting their turf while they can

Big Troubles
06-08-2007, 06:45 PM
19 Canadians on Anaheims team... Either way, Canada still won. :D

Romeo Delight
06-08-2007, 06:53 PM
19, not 14? Hilarious! Yeah...the Americans have our Cup though:rolleyes:

Where do you think that Cup will spend the majority of its time as Canadians take it back home? I am sure I will be drinking from it in the next few months.

Big Troubles
06-08-2007, 06:59 PM
:D Ya know my buddy is a HUGE Vancouver fan...

Next year...

Yup, 19. :cool:

Va Beach VH Fan
06-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by DavidFlamma
19, not 14? Hilarious! Yeah...the Americans have our Cup though:rolleyes:

Where do you think that Cup will spend the majority of its time as Canadians take it back home? I am sure I will be drinking from it in the next few months.

Sure boys, you guys grab onto whatever you can, have at it.... :D

BITEYOASS
06-08-2007, 10:30 PM
and why doesn't winnipeg have a team?

I remember the last game the jets ever played. It was against the Red Wings, they booed the US national anthem, and then after they lost, the fans started throwing mustard and other odd items. I also noticed there was a painting of QE2 on the rafters as well.

Romeo Delight
06-09-2007, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Sure boys, you guys grab onto whatever you can, have at it.... :D

And what is it that you are happy about? The fact that the NHL team with the most Canadian hockey players (19 you say...) won the Cup is significant. It's not like Anaheim has a few more Canadians than US and Euros...they are STACKED with Canadian players.

Well, Brian Burke is American anyways...

He knows who the real hockey players are.

We are grabbing onto nothing more than undisputed world hockey dominance.

I challenge you to say different. The fact that a US-based team holds the Cup is irrelevant. I was actually cheering for Anaheim.

How many world championships and Gold medals do we need to win in a row?

The cup will spend most of it's time on Canadian soil this off-season.:)

Va Beach VH Fan
06-09-2007, 07:34 AM
You'll get no argument from me, I agree with that 100%....

OK, maybe 90%, there are some good players in the US and Europe, but no doubt, you're right....

But now you're straying from TEAMS, and focusing on PLAYERS, when your initial gripe on the state of the league is on the US TEAMS....

Which have now one 14 straight Cups...

That's all I'm saying....

ace diamond
06-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
I remember the last game the jets ever played. It was against the Red Wings, they booed the US national anthem, and then after they lost, the fans started throwing mustard and other odd items. I also noticed there was a painting of QE2 on the rafters as well.

i remember the winnipeg jets. it is really a shame they went the way of the whalers and islanders.

Full Bug
06-12-2007, 01:18 PM
i remember the winnipeg jets. it is really a shame they went the way of the whalers and islanders.
So do I, were they ever a good team? I honestly dont remember at this point, being a kid at the time....

ODShowtime
06-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by fryingdutchman
Holy shit!

Almost a day has passed since the Ducks won the Cup and no replies in this thread?

Looks like the NHL is dead...but nobody has claimed the body yet!

What the fuck happened to this sport? Is it lingering bad feelings about the lockout?

Too many new rules to keep up with?

Or is it that nobody gives a shit about Anaheim?

I'm sad to see it go. I used to enjoy NHL Hockey, but it seems to have lost its luster.

If they lose their TV contract then the sport might as well just fold its tent and go home.

I live in Tampa and I've been in Miami since Sunday. Actually, I'm within sight of where the Panthers play.

I had no idea that the finals were over. Not a clue. Not a single word on the news.

ODShowtime
06-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by PumpedUpMidget
A truly sad day for hockey--a team named the 'Ducks' takes the top prize--if you look at the past winners, the last good team to win was the Red Wings in 2002...the Hurricanes, Lightning, and Devils are all aberations...Hockey needs to dump maybe 8-10 teams (Nashville, Tampa Bay, New Jersey, Carolina, Anaheim, Atlanta, Florida, and Dallas, for starters....)

They might only be 3 years old, but there are some serious hockey fans in Tampa. I've been to a bunch of games and the fans represent. Plus all the transplants show up for their teams.