PDA

View Full Version : a Theory about the Whining Bitches and stuck up folks of Gen. Y...

Unchainme
06-08-2007, 03:22 PM
I have a stupid theory on it...

I Think, that because of the fact that a lot of kids were not raised by The parents...But By Daycares, I am not one of those kids...My folks raised me and raised me well..But I get a huge feeling, that theres a lot of folks in my Age Group, Who's parent's spoiled them to much by making for lack of time with them..Sorta obvious thats the problem with Paris..

Thoughts?

Ally_Kat
06-08-2007, 04:47 PM
Generation X bitches about "Y" (or the Millenials, the name I prefer) because the general attitudes within the generation is different.

Y, overall, seems to be instep with th Greatest Generation, which X isn't going to like too much because they rebelled against them and the older War Babies/Baby Boomers.

The spoiled thing is a class/money thing as it always has been. that is beyong generational gaps

Unchainme
06-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Generation X bitches about "Y" (or the Millenials, the name I prefer) because the general attitudes within the generation is different.

Y, overall, seems to be instep with th Greatest Generation, which X isn't going to like too much because they rebelled against them and the older War Babies/Baby Boomers.

The spoiled thing is a class/money thing as it always has been. that is beyong generational gaps

Wait..Which are we apart Again!?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Y

I'm not to keen on this current scene and attitudes..theres a lot of spoiled kids out there..

Ally_Kat
06-08-2007, 07:02 PM
We are Generation Y/the Millennials. Me, I'm part of Baby Boom Part 2, which was about 80 to 84. All the Baby Boomers started having babies (and that's when you have all these parents going overboard with pampering the babies trying to make them the smartest things ever. Then the Xers one up and start this whole Mozart Music thing so that they'll have even smarter babies.)

Generaltional analysts say that with how American/the World is set up and with life/political trends among GenY/Millennials, that our generation will emulate the younger half of the GI Generation (Tom Brokaw's Greatest Generation).

here's some info, Chained: http://www.youngvoterstrategies.org/index.php?tg=fileman&idx=get&inl=1&id=1&gr=Y&path=Factsheets&file=Background+on+the+Millennial+Generation.pdf

ace diamond
06-09-2007, 10:51 AM
gee, i was born in 1977. does that no make me generation x?

"the lost genereation"

on july 2nd, i will be 30.

Terry
06-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Even more disconcerting than the whining is the overuse of such terms as 'hero', and people patting themselves on the back for doing the minimum of what they were supposed to in any given situation. Like parents saying "I love my kids" as a way of self-compliment, or people getting raises or special recognition for things like showing up to work on time, everyday. You know, things one is supposed to feel and do as a matter of course.

The ability for people to attain fame and riches while clearly lacking a surplus of (or in some cases, showing evidence of ANY) talent is also a bit off-putting, as is the desire for so many to go onto these 'reality' shows, so many of which just showcase the worst traits of the human condition (duplicity, backstabbing, greed and a desire for notoriety the sake of it as opposed to wanting recognition for doing things that benefit others and not just one's own self).

What was it Eric Bogosian's character said in Talk Radio? Something along the lines of having all this marvelous technology at our disposal, and instead of trying to reach new heights, we're gonna see how far deep into the muck we can go.

Nitro Express
06-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Where I grew up all my friends had a mom at home after school. It's not a religion thing because some of the families were Greek orthodox, Jewish, Mormon, Catholic, and not active in any religion. But there was always a mom at home and the first question was always,"Do you have homework?" Homework was gotten out of the way and there was also music lessons or sports. School nights were taken up with activities so we usually had to play on Saturday.

This all happened because we had parents managing us. They wanted us to do good in school and in whatever else we did.

Now parents just toss money at their kids and spoil them because the parents feel guilty about not being good parents. I'm sorry but someone needs to be at home managing the children when they are home. Our parents and grandparents did exactly that.

No. The babyboomers took mom out of the house and chased the money and ignored the children. Now we are seeing the results of it all.

Nitro Express
06-11-2007, 04:59 PM
What makes a ghetto is kids who don't even know who daddy is. Each child is fathered by a different dude and mom is drugged up and living on welfare.

It's a lack of good parenting so the kids make their own families by creating gangs. Why the hazing and the gang rules? They are making what doesn't exist at home. Structure. It's true. Kids want dicipline. They like the sense of security dicipline brings.

Ally_Kat
06-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
It's true. Kids want dicipline. They like the sense of security dicipline brings.

I'd love to know what kind of kids you work with, because the ones I do don't.